August 2022 Moms
Options

Product Spotlight: Car seats/Strollers

2»

Re: Product Spotlight: Car seats/Strollers

• Options
    @wisewitch222 what did you put on your registry for baby #2? Right now I fell like I don't need anything but if I do, I'd like to do it to get the completion discount.
    TTC#1
    10/2018: MFI (2 SA under 9 million/ml)
    11/2018: HSG shows right Fallopian tube slightly damaged 
    1/2019: Husband diagnosed with grade 3 varicocele
    4/05/2019: varicocele repair surgery
    6/13/2019: BFP!!! EDD: 2/22/2020 <3  Baby girl born 2/27/2020
    7/18/2019: Total Motile Count at 3 months post surgery = 51 millions!! (number must be >20 millions to conceive naturally).

TTC #2
    9/07/2021: BFP - CP: 9/10/2021
    10/07/2021: BFP - CP: 10/23/2021
    12/23/2021: BFP! EDD: 08/31/2022

• Options
    @rikiteacup Well first I will preface this with Babies R Us still existed, so idk how useful one would be now. But we needed new bottles, binkies, spit rags, diapers, wipes, baby wash, Desitin, nail clippers, etc. I also got another new pack of wash cloths, a baby book, some outfits and teethers. We also put some small plates, cups, utensils, and bibs for #1 who was 2. I think that's it. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    @darkrose88 it was definitely meant as a joke. I was talking to my aunt, who said that when my mom brought me home from the hospital, my dad drove, and my mom held me in her arms in the front seat. My other 3 siblings were at home with my aunt. I was born 4 years before the law was put into place about car seats in all 50 states. We just... didn't have them. I don't remember them being a thing until my younger cousins were born.
  • Options
    darkrose88darkrose88 member
    edited March 2022
    @bridgiebee82 oh for sure! I didn't think you were being serious at all lol. I just meant like, that's terrifying that it was even sold at one point even if was like 60 years ago and then I got curious and looked it up. 😆 That's absolutely crazy to think about how when some of us were children, there weren't car seat laws in place. Actually, my grandfather was high up at General Motors back in the 60s/70s, and he actually saw safety tests being performed first hand and how dangerous it was to drive around without a seatbelt. He bought one of the earliest GM models with selt belts on all seats and my mom told me he was super strict with them driving with a seat belt at all times. My mom even remembers her youngest sister as an infant in a car seat. Goes to show car companies knew about cars being unsafe to drive without being secured in... it just took a lot longer for laws to catch up and standardize things. 
  • Options
    We were given an almost perfectly new jogger stroller to hang onto if we wanted. That was last spring so we gave it to friends for the summer, and they are giving it back so we are prepared for summer 2023. We’ll probably just use a carrier for the fall of 2022. By the time I heal enough for us to go on a walk together in September, it’ll be cooling down too much to bother getting a pram (which I always loved.) Winters are to cold and snowy for walks with a stroller. The jogger will be better once he’s a few months old through toddler, so we’re set there. 

We’re planning to get a convertible carseat and buying it ourselves, unless one of our parents ask to before we pay for it. I would say it’s all about preference for the registry as well!! We have a lot of people shopping for us, and have a couple pricier items on our registry-the newton baby mattress, and a large (harmful chemical free) classy looking play mat/rug. I have those set up so that people can contribute to them instead of pay for the whole thing. It gives options. We have a lot of affordable things, so everyone can choose more affordable items without pressure to pay any sort of amount. I think that is a good thing to factor in. 
  • Options
    Thoughts on the Graco Ready 2 Grow Click Connect Double Stroller? Reviews online say it’s only compatible with Graco SnugRide car seats. I didn’t really want to go with Graco for car seats but someone near me is selling one of these strollers for $100 and it can hold two baby’s in seats at the same time, which is an issue I’m running up against with stroller shopping. I really want the Double Bob but the babies won’t be able to use it as newborns so this might be a good option for me until they can that won’t break the bank. 
  • Options
    Has anyone tried or heard opinions of the Chicco Bravo Stroller? We had almost settled on the Baby Jogger GT2, but the Chicco Bravo is way cheaper because we are getting the Chicco Keyfit 30 and the travel system is only about $150 more than the individual car seat. 
    I really liked the feel of the Baby Jogger but wondering if it’s worth the extra cost over the Chicco. 
  • Options
    I have heard that while people love the chicco car seats, they do not like the strollers in general. I haven’t used this stroller myself though, this is just more anecdotal. It does seem like everyone loves the baby jogger!
  • Options
    I have Graco car seats, infant carrier and stroller. I love all my products from them and there customer service is amazing! My current 3 children are in Graco 4evers and I love them all. My oldest one is from 2014, the next oldest is from 2016 & my current youngest one is 2020 model. They have improved things and made them better and better. I am planning on getting a Graco 4ever for this little one once they are ready for it. 
  • Options
    Has anyone used a wagon instead of a stroller? I've been seeing them all over social media and am wondering if it would be a better option than a double stroller. 
  • Options
    @angiiieee I just ordered a wagon to use with my 1 year old! I can’t imagine using it in place of a stroller for an newborn/baby though. I guess it depends on where you live/what you use the stroller for. If it’s just for like the zoo, a wagon would be fine. If it’s for regular day to day use, I think a stroller is def better
  • Options
    My baby is currently using a Besrey stroller, a German brand introduced to me by a friend. I've been using it for three months and I think it's pretty good, apart from the fact that the wheels can sometimes be inflexible when pushing, I think it's very economical.

My older baby has a Jeep pram, so I switched to this one for my younger one.