August 2022 Moms

***Read Before Posting***

13»

Re: ***Read Before Posting***

• @paytonpedro I like the idea of doing both sales and recalls in a single one! I'll get that started!
  • darkrose88darkrose88 member
    edited February 2022
    If anyone can think of a better name for the sales and recalls thread please share it!
  • Loading the player...
  • @bridgiebee82 hahahaha. They still won’t read…
  • @wigglyicecream I can't speak for others, but that topic doesn't seem that useful. It might be better suited for Randoms or just add on comments in the Sex thread. 
  • paytonpedropaytonpedro member
    edited February 2022
    @wigglyicecream we could always go it as a GTKY? I know on Pinterest they have all kinds of “charts” or pictures that show like a this or that. I don’t mind either way. 
  • @wigglyicecream I think we’ve done that on some of my previous boards. I think it’s fine?
  • @wigglyicecream I actually just thought about that today, so I think it’d be a great idea! We can do it in a GTKY format or whatever but count me in for sure. 

• Just wondering as we all eventually hit 2nd tri, is there still interest in having the PGAL thread? I’ve seen in other bmbs it being eventually faded out as people get more comfortable. Either way I’m fine, I just wanted to check in with the group. 
  • paytonpedropaytonpedro member
    edited February 2022
    @wigglyicecream I’m good with that. Any idea when the last of us hit the second tri?

Althiugh, we do have a couple mamas with second tri losses. 
  • @wigglyicecream I'm fine with continuing the PGAL or letting it fade. My personal experiences were early loses, but those with later losses may feel value in continuing it until they feel more comfortable. 
  • @darkrose88 @paytonpedro I’m not sure who is our latest EDD. I would love to hear from any of the moms who experienced late losses if they will find continued benefit or not before making a decision. Last thing I want is for somebody who wants our support to feel like they aren’t getting it. 
  • I still like having the PGAL thread but if there’s minimal participation I won’t be getting much benefit from it. We could always make it a more informal check-in and make it monthly so that people having a hard PGAL day still have a place to go. 
    Me: 35  H: 35
    Married: 4/5/13

"You know that place between sleep and awake, 
    that place where you can still remember dreaming?
    That's where I will always love you.  
    That's where I'll be waiting."
    ~Peter Pan 

*TW*
    BFP #1: 11/12/12  EDD 7/25/13 Baby boy: 7/27/13
    BFP #2: 10/29/17   MMC dx @ 9 weeks
    BFP #3: 2/2/18 MC 2/7/18
    BFP #4: 3/2/18  MC 3/9/18
    RPL testing and hysteroscopy: all normal
    BFP #5: 4/1/18 MMC dx @ 14 weeks ----> genetically normal girl  :'(
    Hysteroscopy to remove scar tissue 9/28
    BFP #6 11/5/18 EDD 7/20/19  <3  Rainbow baby girl born 7/23/19 
    BFP #7 12/8/2021 EDD 8/22/2022 
  • @coco2787 given that you’ve had losses at different stages do you think you would benefit more from how it is now or would you prefer a monthly check in 
  • Switching to monthly I think is a better option than just abolishing all together. That way as @coco2787 said, we all still have a place to go if we’re having a hard day. 
  • @wigglyicecream i’d be OK switching to monthly after this week but I don’t want to speak for everyone, maybe we can pose the question in this weeks PGAL thread because I know not everybody opens this one
    Me: 35  H: 35
    Married: 4/5/13

"You know that place between sleep and awake, 
    that place where you can still remember dreaming?
    That's where I will always love you.  
    That's where I'll be waiting."
    ~Peter Pan 

*TW*
    BFP #1: 11/12/12  EDD 7/25/13 Baby boy: 7/27/13
    BFP #2: 10/29/17   MMC dx @ 9 weeks
    BFP #3: 2/2/18 MC 2/7/18
    BFP #4: 3/2/18  MC 3/9/18
    RPL testing and hysteroscopy: all normal
    BFP #5: 4/1/18 MMC dx @ 14 weeks ----> genetically normal girl  :'(
    Hysteroscopy to remove scar tissue 9/28
    BFP #6 11/5/18 EDD 7/20/19  <3  Rainbow baby girl born 7/23/19 
    BFP #7 12/8/2021 EDD 8/22/2022 
  • Also, I’m the last… my due date is 31 August. It is what it is though. If no one else needs it, I understand. 
  • @mdfarmchick I think having it be monthly would be a happy medium, if that’s ok with the majority, then any PGAL people can check in there and if we are having a hard day we can receive support. If you or others still want weekly I’m also ok with that. I don’t want any of us to not feel supported and I also share the sentiment about not wanting to burden others with it if they haven’t experienced it.  I’m stuck somewhere between being always terrified and trying to find joy. I know the fear you speak of, both of losses and this pregnancy having a SCH. there’s nothing more terrifying than wiping and seeing blood. I check even when I’m not pregnant. 
  • @wigglyicecream +1 to checking even when I’m not pregnant. 😕
  • @and_peggy yes to any/all of the above  <3
  • mangoandguavamangoandguava member
    edited February 2022
    @and_peggy YES PLEASE

ETA tag

• When I try to tag someone, I type @ and then start typing their username and whether I click on the username or finish typing and press enter, it completes the username, but it's not blue/hyperlinked. I'm not sure if others are actually getting my tags or if I'm doing something wrong. Any advice? Thanks! Sorry if this is a basic/dumb question. I'm primarily using the desktop version if that matters.
  • @twizzleraddict1 not a dumb question! TB doesn't tell you until after you've posted if you've successfully tagged someone (unlike other apps). When I use the desktop, I always start typing and then click on the username & have TB autofill it for me. I also am careful not to touch the username after I've had it added, because then it won't tag. You can tell if people are tagged if their username is a blue hyperlink. They don't get tagged if it not. Overall, TB platform is really not the best in terms of tagging. :/
  • @darkrose88 so I've been doing what you're saying and it's not hyperlinking - I'm not sure why not...
  • darkrose88darkrose88 member
    edited February 2022
    @twizzleraddict1 well that's interesting... I assumed if there was no hyperlink, there was no tag. But I got tagged in this post. :| Sooo I guess what you're doing is working and this further proves the TB is not great at tagging/hyperlinks lol. But hey! At least you know now your tagging works :)
  • @darkrose88 haha oh!! Ok, good to know!! Thank you!