August 2022 Moms
Options

***Read Before Posting***

Welcome to the August 2022 BMB! (I used this template from the April 2022 BMB) If you're new to TB, we're excited to have you! Below you will find information on how the flow of BMBs work, guidelines and helpful links. 

Some links that you may find helpful:

How-To Guides:

• How to quote: Hit the "quote" at the bottom of the post you want to quote. You will be taken to the reply box with the quote set up already.
  • How to tag: Add a "@" in front of the username of the person you are talking to.
  • How to change your username: log in to TheKnot, hover over My Knot, and click Account Settings. If you are having issues doing it that way, you can email community@thebump.com and ask them to change your username. Give them a few suggestions just in case your top choice is taken. It may take up to 24 hours for the name to update.
  • How to insert a spoiler box: click the drop down list arrow next to the paragraph symbol (third from the left, next to bold and italicize) and choose spoiler. It will insert a grey box, and everything that you type in there will go into the spoiler.

For the sake of board organization, here are some simple guidelines for posting threads:
DO: 
  • Introduce yourself in the "Introductions!" thread 
  • Feel free to start one of the weekly posts listed below: 
  • Post your own thread if you have a confirmed loss (please use a TW)
  • Post a thread that would apply to the entire community and doesn't fall into one of the categories for daily threads listed below (Ex: what to pack in your hospital bag, baby gear, etc)
  • Comment, share advice and show support for your fellow bumpies; this is a two-way street, to get support, you must show it as well.

DON'T:
  • Start a thread asking about symptoms; please post this in the current weekly "symptoms thread" - this is helpful because it keeps the board from getting cluttered and makes it so we can all see the whole discussion in one thread, rather than having one thread about MS, one about food cravings, another about vivid dreams, etc.
  • Ask the community if you are pregnant, it is against TOU
  • Start a thread asking for relationship advice; a professional is better suited for this task
  • Post pictures of your pregnancy test, this is also against TOU
  • Post a thread that asks a question only applying to yourself unless you suspect you may be going through a MC
  • Get bent out of shape if someone calls you out for not following these guidelines; if you expect to be part of a supportive board (which we are), you need to be able to take the time to learn the ins and outs of the board

Weekly threads suggestions! Feel free to add any others you think would be helpful/fun. 

MONDAY
Monday Bitch Fest 
Weekly (or monthly) symptoms thread 

TUESDAY
GTKY ("Get to know you" posted with a thought-provoking question) 
High Risk Check-in

WEDNESDAY
Hump day/bump day 
PAIF check in 
Weekly randoms 
WTF Wednesday

THURSDAY
PGAL check in
Unpopular opinion (UO)
Thankful Thursdays 

FRIDAY
Flame Free Confessions 
TTGP Grad check in 

MONTHLY
What my pregnant self is eating/crying?               
AMA mama check in 
Ask a STM+

Once we all get farther along, we will also have pinned threads for things like ultrasounds, sex announcements, and birth announcements.

I've copy/pasted this from previous boards, and it seems to be the way that they are all organized, but of course we should feel free to tweak for our needs! For example, some boards do weekly ticker changes while others do weekly due date check-ins (ex, DD 1st week of March.). 

If anyone has a suggestion for other threads, please feel free to comment a suggestion.

Let's have a great BMB ladies!

Pregnancy Ticker

5.5.16 | 8.14.17 | 1.30.19

Re: ***Read Before Posting***

• Options
    darkrose88darkrose88 member
    edited November 2021
    @and_peggy thanks for kicking off the board organization! My previous BMB did day of the week check ins (ex. everyone due on a Friday) but I think doing weekly checkins instead (ex. First week of August) might be better as due dates can change and the weekends tend to be dead around BMB. We also did STM+ and FTM checkins too. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    @and_peggy lol I was waiting too to see if anyone was going to kick it off. The August 22 BMB just opened so I imagine we will get more members as more ladies get positive pregnancy tests over the next few weeks. We can definitely wait to see what other members suggest before jumping in and making any decisions 😊
  • Options
    @and_peggy thanks for getting this started! Looking forward to having women to connect to. With my last pregnancy, there were 3 other people in my life pregnant at the same time, all due within 3 months, so it was awesome to have someone in the same or similar stage. Now… flying solo. Hopefully not for long, as this group starts to fill up 😃
  • Options
    @becks105 wow that must have been so nice to have a group of other pregnant women IRL to talk to! My best friend was about 6 months pregnant when I got KU, but after baby was born she wasn't as available, so my BMB was very much my support group. I'm keeping my FX this group is just as supportive!
  • Options
    @darkrose88 I was too late to the game to join my last BMB. By the time I realized it was there, a group had already kind of closed off and started their own, more private group on FB and wasn’t open to anyone new. I was glad to have my real life people, but there’s also something about having an outsiders perspective, so to speak. Hoping for lots of support from this group, too!
  • Options
    @becks105 @darkrose88 I have also made lifelong friends in different BMBs through the years. I still communicate with my oldest’s group daily and she’s almost 6. Same with 2 other groups. My friends in real life are in a different life stage. There’s just something to be said about going through it at the exact same time. 
    Pregnancy Ticker

• Options
    I am in the same situation.  I am the only one pregnant right now.  2 other family members were pregnant but have had their baby.  I was hoping to be pregnant with them, but oh well!  I found out I was pregnant the day my SIL had her baby.  :smile:  I look forward in getting to know you all.  

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    @becks105 that's not uncommon. We did that in my last BMB around 2-3 months before the babies were due. A lot of ladies felt uncomfortable sharing on an open platform, so having a private group allowed us to get closer. 

@and_peggy that's exactly how I feel about my son's BMB group. I've known those ladies for over 4.5 years and they were the first group I told about my current pregnancy as they are so supportive. <3 I'm always glad to hear other people has similar experiences.

@adcc43 yes, it really does make a difference. The only other two people I know IRL are my cousin's wife and SIL. But I'm not close with either of them. It makes a huge difference being a part of a community like this. I would have bothered the heck out of my husband my first pregnancy if I couldn't have talked to someone about everything I was going through lol. 
  • Options
    @and_peggy, @darkrose88 yes, it was definitely sooner than that, but I can completely understand. I’m just hoping to be apart of that this time around!! Looking forward to getting to know everyone!
  • Options
    and_peggyand_peggy member
    edited December 2021
    @paytonpedro I was just thinking that. I wanted to start an “ask a stm+” thread but wasn’t sure how many first timers we had. So I say go for it. 
    Pregnancy Ticker

• Options
    @maggiemadeit I think that would be great!
  • Options
    @maggiemadeit I would be interested in a healthy living thread! We had one in my A19 and it was pretty active. We keep it up in our private FB group after we jumped over there, too. It was nice to see other people's healthy choices for workday lunches, easy dinners, etc. 
  • Options
    @aukeev looks like we’ve got a healthy food and fitness thread down like 50 posts. You probably didn’t see it because there’s 400 people creating new posts for their symptoms 😆
    Pregnancy Ticker

• Options
    @aukeev but also I think a product spotlight would be good if you’re interested in starting that!
    Pregnancy Ticker

• Options
    @and_peggy woops 🤣 I was there was a laugh reaction to that comment. One of our members in my last BMB was RUTHLESS on shutting down one-off threads and it was wonderful. You could actually find stuff you were looking for, you know?

Does anyone have input on when we’d like to highlight various product categories?
  • Options
    @aukeev totally for a product highlight thread, thanks for wanting to start it! I even think weekly would be nice! Maybe start with something maternity related? Or newborn specific? 
  • Options
    @aukeev I think weekly or biweekly would be good!

Direct is always a word I’d use describe myself 😬 guilty. 
    Pregnancy Ticker

• Options
    Help! I’ve followed username change rules and cannot figure this out. On all of my accounts it says my username is brittanynmorris, but it doesn’t show that way! Any suggestions?
  • Options
    starkettestarkette member
    edited January 2022
    Who could shut down the one off threads? Or can they be merged into the correct thread? I know every board has different capabilities. Deleting seems harsh but if merging isn't possible....I guess reply with "please post this in X thread" and then deleting 24 hrs later could be a good way to go? 

If people are concerned about the Questions thread becoming too long, we can make a monthly question thread?? OR they could just put QUESTION in bold at the top of their post so people can find them easily to reply to. I think I'll just start doing that and see if anyone catches on.
  • Options
    Knottie try logging out and back in. It may take a while to change. If that doesn’t work I would suggest trying to go on a web browser. I was successful in changing my name on the app
  • Options
    @brittanynmorris Welcome to the Bump and our Aug 22 group! 
  • Options
    @starkette I believe only the Bump Admins can delete threads, but someone please correct me if I’m wrong. 

I think a monthly questions thread would be great to keep it from getting too long! 
  • Options
  • Options
    How do we feel about doing a spotlight on carriers? I know it’s early but this talk of the happy baby carrier has me ready to talk all this baby wearing. 
  • Options
    @wigglyicecream I think it’s a little early but start it up! It’s best to have it all in one place! 😁
  • Options
    @coco2787 my vote is yes!
  • Options
    anniemarie887anniemarie887 member
    edited January 2022
    Have we thought about dividing up the weekly check in thread? We broke it up by week in Dec 19. So for ex weekly check in edd 8/1-8/7, weekly check in edd 8/8-8/14
  • Options
    I think we mentioned it a while back. I think as we approach second trimester it would be a good time to start dividing it up. We did the same thing in Jan19
  • Options
    @anniemarie887 I’m good with that.

@wigglyicecream I never joined with my third but I also have a Jan19 babe
    Pregnancy Ticker

• Options
    @anniemarie887 we did something similar in my previous BMB as it was successful so I'm all for it.