October 2022 Moms

February Symptoms

What are your symptoms this month? Any questions about symptoms? Drop them here!
Me: 34  DH: 34
Married 10/28/17
Our TTC Journey
TTC #1 February '18
Team Green turned Team Blue 10/15/18

TTC #2 January '21
BFP June '21
MMC/Blighted Ovum that led to D&C July '21
Jan '22 - started IF testing
BFP Jan '22
MMC/Blighted Ovum that led to D&C Feb '22
BFP May '22

Re: February Symptoms

• Nausea when hungry and fatigue have hit so much faster and stronger this time than with my first. I've heard that breastfeeding while pregnant can do that, and I'm still doing 1-2 nurses a day with my son so that might be why. Also, I'm normally a major sugarvore but this baby seems to like salty/savoury and citrus but sweet things are a lot less appealing. Chocolate doesn't have that same addictive richness of flavour. Sense of smell is up and I had to open a window after using our wet jet because it was a bit overpowering for me. This lil pumpkin has some rules it seems!
  • Oh I'm also feeling the mood swings and have had sudden bouts of joy, irritability, sadness and straight up rage... it's like my toddler and I are the same  :D
  • Loading the player...
  • @krthouse LOL at feeling like your toddler with the mood swings!

I've only noticed a little bit of nausea here and there, but my boobs are KILLING me. I don't remember this from when I was pregnant with DS, but even last night it was painful to lay on my belly. They also feel like they grew 3 sizes overnight. 
    Married 10/28/17
    Our TTC Journey
    TTC #1 February '18

TTC #2 January '21
    BFP June '21
    BFP Jan '22
    BFP May '22

• @krthouse lol with the toddler. My 3-year-old did her "going flat" tantrum thing on the floor after breakfast this morning, and I was like...same girl, same.

I'm surprised at how the fatigue is setting in so early. That was my main 1st trimester woe with my first as well. I also run and was out of breath instantly. And peeing all the time...so much peeing. Other than that I'm feeling pretty good :). Waiting for things to ramp up significantly in a couple weeks.
  • Yes to having to pee all the time! Also I am starting to smell all the things, and so many are making me nauseous. One of my least favorite parts of pregnancy...
  • @melly204 One thing I'm grateful for is that first trimester this time is in the winter when the smells aren't as bad in the city. I have powerful memories of garbage trucks in August and the BO on the subway during my first pregnancy!
  • @melly204 Yes to all the smells! I was pouring milk for Ds this morning and decided to check the container, thank goodness I did, but man did that make me almost throw. Ewww...
    Married 10/28/17
    Our TTC Journey
    TTC #1 February '18

TTC #2 January '21
    BFP June '21
    BFP Jan '22
    BFP May '22

• So far I’ve just been very tired and the sore boobs started yesterday on and off T-T I’ve upped my water intake by a LOT, so not sure if the peeing all the time is a symptom or because of that XD
  • I cannot hold anything down. 
    nauseous, puke my brains out, cry, calm down then repeat. i’m losing weight and FAST. i’m trying my best to stay hydrated but nothing will stay down no matter how big or small / time of day/ or activity. 
  • edited February 2022
    A little bit of nausea. Bloated, but that’s been the case for months due to fertility medications. Fatigue. Also - my ab muscles feel really sore and stretched??? That one makes no sense to me, but I don’t know any reason they’d be sore. And coleslaw tastes disgusting.
  • Smells. Smells are killing me. I opened a beef bouillon cube and barfed. Folding clothes two rooms over from my husband using the bathroom, caught a whiff and barfed. 

I’ve had one bad day of nausea from even thinking about food so far. I maybe got 500 calories in the day. Hoping that doesn’t become regular. 

I have napped everyday after work. I can’t keep my eyes open past 4pm and it’s been a struggle to focus at work/errands/etc. I went to the grocery store for three things this weekend and it took 45 minutes. 
  • So tired, little nausea waves, and overall bitchiness. I feel like symptoms are coming earlier this time compared to with my first. 
  • The bloating is making me crazy. I know it’s normal, but I do think I’ll start on a probiotic supplement to just try to otherwise keep things balanced. 
    Every time my husband has a drink lately, my super sensitive nose goes berserk, and I generally let him know he smells like a distillery. Cleaning products are really getting to me, too. 
  • @knottie51f8e091be04df0d I'm really sorry your nausea is so extreme :( Has your Dr mentioned possible medication, like Zofran? I really hope you don't have hyperemesis, it's such a difficult condition to endure.
  • I use just thrive probiotic and it’s helped so much! Started using it regularly again this week and I forgot how much it helps.
  • To all users who are still using the “knottie” usernames, could you please go to your settings and create a unique username? You can then log out and back in and it should update. It’s really difficult to reply and keep members straight with those long knottie names! Thanks!
  • The nausea has really started over here. Yesterday afternoon I felt it coming on, so I ate a preggy pop that I had on hand, and it made it worse. Cut to last night I could barely move from the couch without feeling sick. I had been okay this morning but it's coming on strong again now. It makes me nervous because I didn't have much nausea with my first, and I did with my MMC, but I'm just trying to remind myself that all pregnancy's are different. 
    Married 10/28/17
    Our TTC Journey
    TTC #1 February '18

TTC #2 January '21
    BFP June '21
    BFP Jan '22
    BFP May '22

• My nausea has definitely started this week. I was six weeks on Monday and Monday was the worst with it lasting all day long, when I was hungry or when I ate. Then yesterday it was mostly at night and today has just been periodic. Of course since I have less nausea today I am worrying about something being wrong! But I still have very sore boobs and they are def already growing! 
  • @ferret22 I’m totally here with cramps as well. It’s sooo nerve wracking! But I think I remember having them with my first as well. 
  • Eugh YESSS, the bloating is sooo uncomfortable. I've been chewing Tums all day to no avail 
  • Bad bloating and cramps!! I feel like I’m showing already!!!! I’m a tiny girl but I just feel huge and like I need to break out the maternity clothes at only 4 weeks 🤦🏻‍♀️
  • Anyone have suggestions for all day nausea? I’m barely eating, lost 5 lbs in 2 weeks (I’m very petite as is) and the only things I can stomach are grapes, clementines, and cheese pizza. How do y’all do it?!
  • @knottiec42df313bfdc77d7 I find it worse when my stomach is empty. If those are the things you can handle keep lots of them around and nibble as much as you can throughout the day
  • thanks, my other concern is around lack of weight gain and nutrition for the baby if the only things I’m eating are fruit. The struggle. 
  • @knottiec42df313bfdc77d7 I was concerned about this with my first because I basically only wanted chocolate milk, poptarts and grilled cheese, meanwhile green veg and most meat/fish was a hard no. My midwives told me that so long as I was taking my prenatals they would help offset the lack of whole nutrition until the 2nd trimester. They called most people's first trimester diet the "white food diet", aka carbs and dairy. If it becomes really concerning though definitely talk with your care provider. There is something that can be prescribed if the loss of appetite is getting risky. I also sometimes would hide stuff in my food, like I'd put a little spinach or apple in my grilled cheese.
  • Ugh I'm with you guys on the nausea hitting. @krthouse I find it's worse when my stomach is empty too. So even though nothing sounds appetizing I force myself to have something. Then I usually feel better enough to function with my boys😝
  • @knottiec42df313bfdc77d7
    Have you tried some ginger candies? Nausea hasn’t hit me terribly, but they’ve helped me.
  • Someone recommended these as well! I’ll try to find some, thanks for the recs. Had a whole cup of pasta with butter for dinner and trying to just be grateful I was able to eat the whole thing despite lack of nutrition. 
  • Also, I have an Int’l flight at the end of this month (booked before I found out I was pregnant) and am really concerned about how I’ll do. If anyone has done this before and has any suggestions on how to deal, they’re all super welcome! I plan on bringing lots of bland snacks and a mask to cover the airplane food smell. 
  • This morning I felt perfectly normal and almost forgot I was pregnant, which sent me into worry. But it’s like my body wanted to reassure me because the nausea has kicked in starting this afternoon. It comes in waves and usually when my stomach is empty. I second ginger candies .  You can also try sipping good quality ginger beer (it’s non-alcoholic, I promise!). 
    Is anyone else dealing with headaches? I’ve had them with all my pregnancies, and they really derail me because I normally don’t ever get headaches (other than postpartum). 
  • For everyone already getting hit with nausea, the 2 things that really helped me last time were ginger gum and sea bands. They’re these little wrist bands that hit a pressure point or something. It sounds weird but I wore them through my whole first trimester! Didn’t completely take away the nausea but helped take the edge off 
  • My symptom I wasn't expecting is night sweats!  Some nights I wake up soaked...
  • Y'all the nausea is ROUGH this morning. Rice crackers and water with a bit of juice in it are my heroes right now, along with MH who's got extra eyes on our toddler. Nervous heading into my work weekend if this is how baby is playing their cards right now!
  • I am MISERABLE. 6 weeks tomorrow and I have been throwing up for 5 days now, all day. I’ve lost 10 pounds. I’ve had on ER trip so far for fluids. I have a temporary diagnosis of Hyperemesis Gravidarum and my doctor doesn’t want to see me any earlier than 8 weeks. This is baby #3 for me and I have never been this sick. 😩 Any other HG sufferers this time?
  • feather234feather234 Newbie
    edited February 2022
    Hi Oct Mommas,
    Currently my breast hurt really bad and they tingle. I am a mom of 2. It’s been awhile since I’ve been pregnant. I also feel nauseas when I don’t eat and I have to pee all the time in the middle of the night. I am used to the nausea but ginger crystals help and also eating a snack every hour. Does anyone breast feel like they tingle with this pregnancy?
  • Try to keep something in your tummy Ike a small snack every 1 hour.
  • Last week it was sore boobs, night sweats, and fatigue. This week boobs are sore on and off, fatigue is about the same. Definitely getting some bloating and gas. Just started spotting, but trying to resist the paranoia. Heightened sense of smell for sure, but I haven't had any intense cravings or revulsion yet.