September 2022 Moms

***Read First***

Welcome to the September 2022 BMB! (I used this template from the August 2022 BMB) If you're new to TB, we're excited to have you! Below you will find information on how the flow of BMBs work, guidelines and helpful links. 

Some links that you may find helpful:

How-To Guides:
  • How to quote: Hit the "quote" at the bottom of the post you want to quote. You will be taken to the reply box with the quote set up already.
  • How to tag: Add a "@" in front of the username of the person you are talking to.
  • How to change your username: log in to TheKnot, hover over My Knot, and click Account Settings. If you are having issues doing it that way, you can email community@thebump.com and ask them to change your username. Give them a few suggestions just in case your top choice is taken. It may take up to 24 hours for the name to update.
  • How to insert a spoiler box: click the drop down list arrow next to the paragraph symbol (third from the left, next to bold and italicize) and choose spoiler. It will insert a grey box, and everything that you type in there will go into the spoiler.

For the sake of board organization, here are some simple guidelines for posting threads:
DO: 
  • Introduce yourself in the "Introductions!" thread 
  • Feel free to start one of the weekly posts listed below: 
  • Post your own thread if you have a confirmed loss (please use a TW)
  • Post a thread that would apply to the entire community and doesn't fall into one of the categories for daily threads listed below (Ex: what to pack in your hospital bag, baby gear, etc)
  • Comment, share advice and show support for your fellow bumpies; this is a two-way street, to get support, you must show it as well.

DON'T:
  • Start a thread asking about symptoms; please post this in the current weekly "symptoms thread" - this is helpful because it keeps the board from getting cluttered and makes it so we can all see the whole discussion in one thread, rather than having one thread about MS, one about food cravings, another about vivid dreams, etc.
  • Ask the community if you are pregnant, it is against TOU
  • Start a thread asking for relationship advice; a professional is better suited for this task
  • Post pictures of your pregnancy test, this is also against TOU
  • Post a thread that asks a question only applying to yourself unless you suspect you may be going through a MC
  • Get bent out of shape if someone calls you out for not following these guidelines; if you expect to be part of a supportive board (which we are), you need to be able to take the time to learn the ins and outs of the board

Weekly threads suggestions! Feel free to add any others you think would be helpful/fun. 

MONDAY
Monday Bitch Fest 
Weekly (or monthly) symptoms thread 

TUESDAY
GTKY ("Get to know you" posted with a thought-provoking question) 
High Risk Check-in

WEDNESDAY
Hump day/bump day 
PAIF check in 
Weekly randoms 
WTF Wednesday

THURSDAY
PGAL check in
Unpopular opinion (UO)
Thankful Thursdays 

FRIDAY
Flame Free Confessions 
TTGP Grad check in 

MONTHLY
What my pregnant self is eating/crying?               
AMA mama check in 
Ask a STM+

Once we all get farther along, we will also have pinned threads for things like ultrasounds, sex announcements, and birth announcements.

I've copy/pasted this from previous boards, and it seems to be the way that they are all organized, but of course we should feel free to tweak for our needs! For example, some boards do weekly ticker changes while others do weekly due date check-ins (ex, DD 1st week of March.). 

If anyone has a suggestion for other threads, please feel free to comment a suggestion.

Let's have a great BMB ladies!

Re: ***Read First***

• edited December 2021
    I’m trying to change my user name. This is a test
  • Loading the player...
  • two suggestions - Friday Funnies and Friday Fitness
    Current pregnancy -
    First BFP on 1/4/22.  Due date 9/13/22.

Four prior losses, no living children - 1 first trimester miscarriage, 1 blighted ovum, 1 chemical, and one extreme premature live birth daughter who died at 15 days old.

• @BumpAdmin, can we get a pin?
    DD 10/2019
  • Do we want to have a regular weekly check-in for everyone? If so, I am happy to start one today. 
    TTC History
    Me: 38 DH: 52
    Started trying June 2018
    BFP Jan 2019 DD born October 2019
    TTC July 2021 BFP, ended in MMC August 2021
    TTC October 2021
    BFP January 2022
    MMC March 2022
    Beginning May 2022 under the supervision of an RE - Benched while undergoing testing

• not specifically, but the weekly randoms and symptom threads can probably cover it.
    Current pregnancy -

Four prior losses, no living children - 1 first trimester miscarriage, 1 blighted ovum, 1 chemical, and one extreme premature live birth daughter who died at 15 days old.

• elle-0409 said:
    Do we want to have a regular weekly check-in for everyone? If so, I am happy to start one today. 
    I love that idea! Covers mental and physical health and just allows people to share where they are with everything without the issue of feeling the need to have anything of substance to contribute to randoms. That's always a stress for me. Sometimes I just want to talk about where I am and don't feel the randoms or symptoms threads are appropriate.
    DD 10/2019
  • I went ahead and started one. If we feel like it’s unnecessary, we don’t need to continue it. ☺️
    TTC History
    Me: 38 DH: 52
    Started trying June 2018
    BFP Jan 2019 DD born October 2019
    TTC July 2021 BFP, ended in MMC August 2021
    TTC October 2021
    BFP January 2022
    MMC March 2022
    Beginning May 2022 under the supervision of an RE - Benched while undergoing testing

• wisehwiseh member
    edited January 2022
    What do PGAL and PAIF mean? They're new since I was last here  :D
  • wiseh said:
    What do PGAL and PAIF mean? They're new since I was last here  :D
    PGAL is pregnant after a loss. I believe PAIF refers to pregnancy after infertility.
    DD 10/2019
  • @kboydbowman love the Friday fitness idea!
  • @kelly_belly_101 how did you get your username to change? I did it yesterday but it’s still not showing and I logged in and out!
  • @kelly_belly_101 how did you get your username to change? I did it yesterday but it’s still not showing and I logged in and out!
    I had to do mine two different times when I was changing it. Change it, click save (or update, I forget), then go log out. Close the browser window and then reopen it and log back in.
    DD 10/2019
  • testing to see if my username updated
  • x_tina729 said:
    testing to see if my username updated
    it did :)
    Current pregnancy -

• Is anyone else having to log in every 5 seconds? And never able to see conversations refresh? Also, does anyone know where to see notifications (like if someone mentions you?). I was last using the bump 4 years ago. It seems even glitchier now! Or am I doing something wrong. Thanks for any advice! 
  • The app has always been super glitchy.  I use my laptop whenever possible - it's a lot less glitchy.
    Current pregnancy -

• @kboydbowman So it’s not just me. Thank you. I’m a cranky preggo brain tonight and I deleted the app. Then immediately reinstalled it! I’ll ignore the issues. So happy to be here with you all! 🤣
  • @magnolia209 I've never gotten a notification if I've been tagged. Was that ever an option? Yeah, the bump definitely needs some updates but then they'd pry hafta charge people to use it or something dumb.
  • I've never gotten a notification if tagged, but I must say the app is working better than it was 2 years ago. It doesn't constantly crash on me. You can use your phone browser as that's what I did 2 years ago. 
  • Would love a FTM specific thread!  :)
  • @mamamoomoo12 I think the “Ask a STM+” thread is intended for FTMs! 

And, yep, as a newly pregnant for the 2nd time mom, I get it! The first time was so much! And what I’m worried about and not worried about this time is so different! So far. One thing that hasn’t changed, OMG the anxiety of waiting for the first ultra sound! I still have 3 weeks and I’m going nuts! 
  • I’m still having a hard time changing my username! I’ve followed the instructions, logged into The Knot and changed it there. Logged out and back in. Logged out of my The Bump app and back in. When I click on my profile information in the app it tells me my correct username but here in the community I’m still knottie+numbers. I did this a week ago and again today I tried changing it to a different username and still no luck. Any tips? 
  • @knottie...try contacting the admins. I'm sorry it's giving you issues
  • @knottie74db7e4415122790 I had the same issue. I tried so many times. What ended up working for me was completely signing out of everything, signing in through a second browser, updating my name again there, logging out of that browser, then signing in to the browser I use now (I don't use the app because it's so finicky for me). It was a struggle for sure.
    DD 10/2019
  • ha, was coming here to ask for help with this so thank you! 
  • So I have replied to a couple of comments and done the @ sign and found the name but it didn’t come up as blue when it posted. Am I doing something wrong or does it just look like normal text when it’s your own post?
  • komamommy said:
    So I have replied to a couple of comments and done the @ sign and found the name but it didn’t come up as blue when it posted. Am I doing something wrong or does it just look like normal text when it’s your own post?
    I found you actually have to click it from the drop down that pops up and not just finish typing it in. It's a really glitchy forum.
    DD 10/2019
  • has any has anyone figured out the difference between grey and white conversations on the board? 
  • "grey" means you have read all the new comments.  "white" is a thread you haven't read at all yet.  "white with yellow" is a thread you have read previously that has new comments you haven't read yet.
    Current pregnancy -

• @BumpAdmin is there any way to move this to be at the very top of the board please? We’re getting a lot of one off posts, I think this announcement might be lost in a sea of announcements. Thank you!
  • @theblondebump I agree. The more things that get pinned, the more buried this gets unless it's bumped. I think we need to limit how many things get pinned before it becomes overkill.
    DD 10/2019
  • I can't think of anything else that will need to get pinned.  This sounds like a good idea though.
    Current pregnancy -

• wisehwiseh member
    edited February 2022
    Edited because I just went back & had a look at my previous BMB.

We only ever had 4 pinned posts. Do we want to combine the schedule posts & then agree that if we want to pin a post that we have to unpin another one? 

When I just checked the introduction thread was not pinned on my previous board & neither was the great big question thread. From memory we never pinned the question thread because it was posted in a lot so stayed close to the top anyway. I can’t remember if we pinned the introduction thread but I think after halfway through we would have unpinned it because it’s not typical for someone to join the BMB that late in the game. 
  • I agree with @wiseh too many pinned things. When I open the app it looks like nothing has been done because the list of pointed things.

Perhaps a new, read first, that has the updated list of post stuff, and we don't keep posting in it so people can easily find that list? 

Ultrasounds 

Intros 

I don't think the question thread needs to be pinned because it comes up over and over again. And really having a monthly one might be easier to navigate.