June 2022 Moms
Options

December Randoms

Re: December Randoms

• Options
    @pinkkillersheep It was hard for me to breastfeed at first, so for a few months I would pump and give my DD a bottle then I started breastfeeding and am glad I was able to do it.
  • Options
    @bww_0331 I was just wondering if everything was okay with you because I hadn’t seen you post in a while. Glad to see you back! 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    @pinkkillersheep that dream is absolutely hilarious. And so vivid! 
    Ladies who have breastfed successfully, I may need some tips. I exclusively pumped with my son but it was not an easy journey. With DD I breastfed for a bit until it got super painful so I switched to pumping and it was much easier second time around. I’d love to pump less and just breastfeed. Might need more patience to stick it out. 
    ***History & TW in Spoiler***

***bfp & child warning***
    TTC - since 2014
    7 rounds of Clomid - BFN
    IUI #1 - October 2015 - BFN
    IUI #2 - November 2015 - BFN
    IUI #3 - December 2015 - BFN
    IVF #1 - March 2016
    Retrieval #1 - April 2016
    FET #1 - May 2016 - BFP!!! DS - Born January 2017
    Trying for baby #2...
    FET #2 - January 2018 - BFN  
    No more embryos left; switched to a new RE
    IVF/Retrieval #2 - January 2019
    IVF/Retrieval #3 - March 2019
    FET #3 - April 2019 - BFP!!! - DD: Born December 2019
    Trying for baby #3...
    FET #4 - October 2021 - BFP!!! - Due June 2022

• Options
    @Tulips29 I EPed with one and two and exclusively breastfed three (she refused the bottle). I might have advice… or be useless haha! 
  • Options
    @Tulips29 I breastfed my son for 4 years. It was not an easy journey but at some point we got the hang of it and then it was smooth sailing. I didn’t have help with my journey so I’m not sure how useful of a resource I am but I make a hell of a cheerleader haha. 
  • Options
    @daisy0322 I know it’s been weeks since you asked, but I currently own a 2019 Pacifica and I owned a 2018 AWD Sienna, I have 3 kids in car seats and here are my thoughts…

Toyota:
    - AWD was awesome in the winter here in Michigan
    - Inside (black leather) felt more spacious and high end
    - No stow and go seats
    - Drove “heavy”…not as smooth/sporty as my Pacifica
    - Amazing resale market value

Pacifica:
    - Stow and go. I have it set up with driver side captain chair sowed at all times, two big kids in the back and baby/youngest in the other captain. This allows me to jump in and buckle the big kids (when they didn’t know how) and allows for an open spot to change diapers if needed. It’s been so nice. And when we need the captain’s chair, we can just pop it up, unlike the Sienna which had to be stored in our garage.
    - Drives smoother
    - FWD not so much fun in snow, but we just got back from a 4hr drive in a snow storm and it handled decently haha.

Those are my thoughts comparing the two :)
  • Options
    "You're not supposed to gain weight during the first trimester" 
    *first trimester coincides with big food and baking holidays*
    And my metabolism isn't improving as I age. This is how moms end up yoyo dieting for the rest of their lives isn't it. 
  • Options
    Should we start doing product spotlights soon? What products should we do? I’m interested in like diaper bags, breast pumps/storage bags/accessories, baby monitors, baby baths. 
  • Options
    @marionberry19 it’s probably a good time. I started building my registry today and am quite stressed about it. 
  • Options
    Registry gifts that I ended up liking include:

*The HALO swivel bassinest - a bassinet for your bedside so you can cosleep safely for a while.
    *We received a Fisher Price swing. I'd recommend at least one swing and one bouncer. Life is easiest when every floor of your house has a baby containment option in case you need your hands available.
    *Similarly, a changing pad for every floor is extremely convenient. If you're watching a movie downstairs, you don't want to jog up to the nursery if you smell something foul. 
    *Lots of people say that bottle steamers/sanitizers are unnecessary. I found mine extremely useful for not only bottles but pump parts. It's important to sanitize the pump valves after every go round. Later when we'd mostly moved to formula, we could also use it as a bottle warmer. 
    *Would heartily recommend a white noise machine for adjusting the baby to literally any change in sleeping accommodations. SkipHop's owl soother is still a great white noise machine and night light for getting my 21-month-old to sleep. 

• Options
    On TikTok, there’s someone fun I follow called @thevlasta and she’s 5 months pregnant and dubbed herself the pickle sommelier and judging all the pickles. And as a fellow pregnant lady and pickle lover, it’s hilarious. Also I want pickles. 
  • Options
    @KFrob @marionberry19 I’ll take all the advice I can get when it comes to it. I feel strongly about trying again and not EP’ing so fast so hoping I can stick with it. 

Are we doing a product spotlight here or a separate thread? 

TTC - since 2014
    7 rounds of Clomid - BFN
    IVF #1 - March 2016
    Trying for baby #2...
    Trying for baby #3...

• Options
    So I know we had a thread of names we loved but wouldn’t use, but have we started a discussion on names we like and would actually use?! It’s my pregnancy MO to obsessively name hunt for the first half of the pregnancy and I need some inspiration because girl names are HARD. 
    Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
  • Options
    @bww_0331 we haven’t yet! We should start one. I’m having an issue because in my mind this baby is named, but my partner isn’t sold. Which is quite unfortunate as I don’t like any other names. 
  • Options
    @bww_0331 are there any themes/letters/traditional/uncommon/etc names you're going for or just any name you'd like? My top girl names are Ava, Charlotte, Sophia and Penelope. All common and popular, I know, but I just love these names. 

TTC - since 2014
    7 rounds of Clomid - BFN
    IVF #1 - March 2016
    Trying for baby #2...
    Trying for baby #3...

• Options
    binxybabybinxybaby member
    edited December 2021
    @bww_0331 I feel like boys are harder to name! I have a gazillion girl names picked out. I think part of the problem is I already have a son and I feel like if it's a boy, I'd have to find a name that fits thematically with my son's. Not the easiest.

I named both my children in my head when they were less than 8 weeks old. Husband vetoed both. My son was going to be Gavin Michael. This baby who I'm hoping is a girl would have been Evelyn Grey. 
    Pregnancy TickerSaveSave
  • Options
    @Tulips29 Those are all great girl names.

@binxybaby I agree. It's difficult to chose a boy's name.
  • Options
    @marionberry19 agreeing with your partner can be so challenging! My top boy name has always been vetoed. Boo. 

@Tulips29 no themes or anything. I would say we don’t tend to go classic but we don’t go unique either. We have a list of like 15 girl names in consideration. Some ranking higher than others. The current top ones we agree on and talk about more are Maren, Rylie, Annalise/Anna. I just don’t feel overly attached to any of them yet. 

@b@binxybaby we have one boy name we’ve been set on for a while and I really love it. We’ve never really decided on a girl name and we can’t seem to narrow down a list from a brainstorm list of 15 or so. We have some that rank higher but nothing really standing above. 
  • Options
    We really haven’t even started talking about names yet. I swear if we don’t end up panicking about this during the drive to the hospital I’ll be shocked. We’re such procrastinators 😅
  • Options
    @pinkkillersheep I have decided to just never bring up the baby name again. Then when she’s born *poof* she has to be named & I get the name I want. 
  • Options
    binxybabybinxybaby member
    edited December 2021
    We were 85% sure on a name for our son going into the hospital, but had no middle name picked. The birth certificate person kept trying to chase us down to finalize the name. We had to sit in the NICU family room after he was born and brainstorm for a few hours before deciding lol
    Pregnancy TickerSaveSave
  • Options
    Anyone else dealing with the weird weather in the midwest today?! We've been in the basement for over an hour due to tornado and strong wind action.  It's 10 days from Christmas, wtf.
  • Options
    @bww_0331 first of all that is terrifying. But here in California we are having absolute downpours of rain. Like can’t drive can’t see type rain and this is not normal. 
  • Options
    @bww_0331 My Google puck let me know there was a typhoon warning today. I was pretty surprised by that one.
    Pregnancy TickerSaveSave
  • Options
    @bww_0331 meeeee! Left work early to drive home in white out rain and hail. Sounds like round two outside. I need to shower but I don’t want to get caught in the shower if the sirens go off. Ugh.
  • Options
    For anyone looking for some nicer maternity clothes Seraphine is having a pretty good sale right now
  • Options
    @KFrob that’s good to know. Because I ordered a bunch of things from ASOS and they were all a major fail. Very disappointing. 

Anyone have any feel-good movies or shows they are loving? Something light, cute, etc. I just binged 2nd season of Emily in Paris and craving something similar. 

TTC - since 2014
    7 rounds of Clomid - BFN
    IVF #1 - March 2016
    Trying for baby #2...
    Trying for baby #3...

• Options
    @Tulips29 that’s so disappointing! I’ve been afraid to try ASOS. 
    Do you watch Great British Bake Off? That’s our feel good show. 
  • Options
    I got a couple good pieces from Shein, but it's hit or miss of course
    Pregnancy TickerSaveSave
  • Options
    We're going to FL in two weeks and I'm in a panic bc I can't find my maternity bathing suit bottom anywhere.  I'm thinking I may have gotten rid of it since there was no way we were having another baby haha.  I'm on the hunt trying to find something I can order that's in my size and not a billion dollars.  I think I'm displacing Covid anxiety into this bathing suit ordeal... 
  • Options
    @Tulips29 I also watched Emily in Paris and am trying to find another sitcom to watch. I like the Miracle Workers series. It's a comedy. 
  • Options
    @KFrob I’ve never watched great British bake off, but I’ve heard good things. Will give it a try. Will add Miracle Workers to the list also. Thanks ladies! 
    As for bathing suits, surprisingly I’ve had luck with Amazon and its easy to return if anything. 

TTC - since 2014
    7 rounds of Clomid - BFN
    IVF #1 - March 2016
    Trying for baby #2...
    Trying for baby #3...

• Options
    I ordered a bunch from Seraphine. Thanks for the tip, @KFrob. And I hope you enjoy GBBO @Tulips29! It’s one of my favorites, though I’ll warn you the original hosts are much better than the current ones.

I am feeling deeply bitter at the moment about the whole “second trimester honeymoon” that has not shown up. I’m easily more fatigued now than I was all first trimester. Really struggling to keep it together for more than a few hours at a time.
  • Options
    DHs ex just sent him a text that she has Covid.  We picked up SD last night for the weekend.  His ex dropped her off at DHs parents house last night where we got her. So now two households have been exposed.  I’m both on the verge of a breakdown out of fear for the health of my family and absolutely livid bc she’s an irresponsible B. I’m honestly shocked it’s taken this long for his to happen.  
  • Options
    I just finished reading all the posts in this group and oh my gosh all of you are so helpful and fun to be a company!! I am new to bump, so taking my time to navigate. By the way, I and my husband decided that we are going to announce pregnancy to our family today (on this new year eve)! I am so excited and nervous 😀
  • Options
    @KFrob That upsets me just reading that. Putting you all at risk like that. I hope you and your family are all safe and test negative.
  • Options
    Welcome @mango_michigan! If you haven’t yet, be sure to introduce yourself in the Introductions thread so we can get to know you a bit better. I also recommend checking out the Read This First thread because we try to keep the board semi-structured and it can be a bit confusing at first if you’re new. On Monday you’ll see a weekly check in where you can let everyone know how you’re doing and ask questions. Congrats and welcome aboard!
  • Options
    @romeoandjuliet146 thank you! So far SD tested negative with a rapid test.  But I’ll be worried for the next 5 or so days to see how this plays out.  
  • Options
    @KFrob just seeing your update, I'm so sorry. Hope your family is doing well and has not been infected. People really have no regard for anyone but themselves, it's frustrating. You've had enough to deal with to have this added on. 

TTC - since 2014
    7 rounds of Clomid - BFN
    IVF #1 - March 2016
    Trying for baby #2...
    Trying for baby #3...

• Options
    @Tulips29 thank you! DH now has a sore throat and a cough so I’m trying not to panic.  Idk how we are going to find a Covid test for him.  I wish our area would open up the huge drive through testing sites again like they did in the beginning of this mess bc it’s impossible to get into a doctor or urgent care around here.