June 2022 Moms

Re: December Randoms

• Soooo my dad that I have had no contact with since I was 16 & no contact before that since I was 8 (for context I’m 25) reached out to me and wanted to buy this baby something. Well, I didn’t expect anything to come from it due to our history but I sent my registry link anyways (he is the only one who has it) Well the $800 crib is now marked as purchased from my registry. Like I joked around about wanting it (my son didn’t sleep in a crib) but I was never going to actually buy it. Suppose I should add crib sheets and a mattress to my registry too lol. 
  • @marionberry19 dang! I mean, that's kind of exciting!
    Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
  • Loading the player...
  • @marionberry19 well without me knowing the circumstances - that was nice of him to do! Maybe he’s trying to open a door there? Either way score because cribs are never a “fun purchase”.

alright everyone with baby number three and all three will still be in car seats were are moving into the dreaded minivan territory. I’m coming to terms and working through the 5 stages of grief lol we are thinking  about getting a 2022 Kia Carnival.  But I’m not sure. I basically can pick whatever because it’s my car. My husband just bought himself a Honda Elantra for his “work car” so he’s set. Let me know if y’all have minivan suggestions. I’d rather hear real life reviews than read through articles. Currently I drive a Dodge Journey 3 row. We got it 2 years ago. I like it okay the third row just isn’t as functional as I’d like. 

• @marionberry19 That was nice of him. I got a crib for my first baby, but then didn't use it. I would like to use it for this one though.
  • @daisy0322 we are also moving to minivan territory. Leaning heavily towards a Toyota Sienna. It comes highly recommended from my coworker BFF and both prior BMBs
  • I got my first pair of maternity pants in the mail (the ones from last time are long gone) and they are not comfortable! I’m so bummed. Also not entirely sure what to wear because dresses in the winter in the Midwest? Brrrr. 
  • @diasy0322 @bww_0331 I never thought I would say this but I love my mini van!! I have a Nissan Quest, but my dream mini van is the Toyota Sienna with AWD (we live in the NE).  My suggestion would be to get the second row captains chairs so it’s easy to climb in the back if you need to help the kid sitting back there. 
  • @KFrob yes! I think captains chair are going to be must @bww_0331 I’ll have to look at the Toyota. I know they are probably “the most reliable” I just never like their interiors
  • @fluteling I went through SO many maternity pants with my first until I found stuff that worked. But even then I basically stuck to leggings and some jeans. The most comfortable ones I've found that work well, sit comfortable on the belly and don't slide down like many other pants - were old navy. I got some jeans from them as well and they worked well during first and 2nd pregnancy, so hoping they will work this time around as well. Motherhood maternity had some pants as well that were ok, but they were hit or miss and a lot would slide down and feel like my butt was saggy. I was due in the winter with first 2 kids, so leggings + long sweaters/sweater dresses were my uniform. 
    ***History & TW in Spoiler***

***bfp & child warning***
    TTC - since 2014
    7 rounds of Clomid - BFN
    IUI #1 - October 2015 - BFN
    IUI #2 - November 2015 - BFN
    IUI #3 - December 2015 - BFN
    IVF #1 - March 2016
    Retrieval #1 - April 2016
    FET #1 - May 2016 - BFP!!! DS - Born January 2017
    Trying for baby #2...
    FET #2 - January 2018 - BFN  
    No more embryos left; switched to a new RE
    IVF/Retrieval #2 - January 2019
    IVF/Retrieval #3 - March 2019
    FET #3 - April 2019 - BFP!!! - DD: Born December 2019
    Trying for baby #3...
    FET #4 - October 2021 - BFP!!! - Due June 2022

• Just wondering if my ability to fathom this baby is going to change when it's 2022, and it changes from "June of next year" to "June". It definitely worked that way for DD, but she was a March baby so I was substantially more pregnant when the new year rolled around. 
  • Bad news, I just lost my dinner. Good news, it wasn’t very healthy. Soooo silver lining time?? 🥲
  • @fluteling I love your positive attitude lol 
  • I’ve been eyeing a pair of spanx maternity legging for a while and this morning I ordered them.  If my husband ever found out how much they were he would die. I’m justifying it by saying I live in leggings since I work at home full time and the description said you can wear them after baby is born. I feel like I needed to confess haha. 
  • @kfrob I keep trying to find good stuff in all the secondhand sites. I got some Hatch leggings for under $30!!!
  • @fluteling I thought about that.  I googled them to see if I could find them on sale anywhere and found some on sites like threadup.  I'm just so weary of second hand for some reason.  
  • @KFrob I like thredUP because you can return it if you don’t like it or it doesn’t fit. Makes it a lot easier!
  • @fluteling good to know!! I’m going to start looking there! Thank you! 
  • Time for a rant.
    I went to urgent care yesterday for my killer head cold that was moving into my lungs. I have a history of bronchitis and pneumonia so I wanted to get checked and get ahead of everything. I was 99% sure it wasn’t Covid. But they checked for Covid, which is fair and reasonable. BUT then they didn’t want to check for anything else!! Like the nurse tried to scare tactic me about xrays during pregnancy (xrays are fine) and then the doctor told me that they can’t do anything anyway because I’m pregnant. Like hello?! There are still lots of squishy organs that aren’t my uterus that need to be functioning while I’m pregnant!! It was infuriating. 
  • @fluteling back in April of 2020 my partner got super sick and was like coughing up cups full of mucus. They told him it wasn’t covid and sent him home with no further checking for what it actually was if it wasn’t Covid?. That is how our entire medical care is being handled in our area. If it’s not covid they just send you home. 
  • @fluteling I'm sorry, that is frustrating. I've gotten similar responses from local urgent cares. They immediately check for covid, but then said they can't check for other things. Like how did they do all this pre-covid? Somehow they were able to diagnose other issues. I hope you're able to get answers soon and start feeling better! 

TTC - since 2014
    7 rounds of Clomid - BFN
    IVF #1 - March 2016
    Trying for baby #2...
    Trying for baby #3...

• @marionberry19 blah. That’s so discouraging. This is why I have no problem getting second opinions. 
  • @Tulips29 thank you! I think I’m on the mend. It’s so sad when my kiddo asks, “can you run with me, Mommy?” And I have to say no so I don’t have a coughing fit. But! It’ll be better soon. 
  • I just realized we still don’t have any twins this month. I think this is the first BMB I’ve ever seen without at least one set. 
  • @marionberry19 Really? No multiples at all? I don't think my December 2018 bump group had any either, but the July 2022 bump group definitely has a few. I'm personally very happy with my singletons...
    Pregnancy TickerSaveSave
  • @binxybaby none that have shown up yet. I love the idea of twins but not the reality of twins. Also very happy with my single babe. 
  • fluteling I hate that you are going through that. I hoping you recover quickly. 
    @marionberry19 I noticed that too. On my last one we had several. 

Does anyone have any advice on getting insurance if your work doesn't offer it? I am wanting to be a SAHM after this baby and my husband doesn't have insurance through work. The whole concept is so confusing to me and seems so expensive.

• KFrobKFrob member
    edited December 2021
    @ournextadventure you’ll want to check to see if your state has an insurance market place.  You can purchase insurance through a private insurance company.  If you google Affordable Care  Act your state’s website should the the first thing to come up.  You can also work through a broker/insurance agent who deals with health care.  I don’t have it myself but I work for a large health insurance company.  Most plans are subsidized by federal funds. 

edit bc I’m a grammar disaster 
  • I’m driving myself crazy waiting for my NIPT results.  My doctor’s office said to give it two weeks from my blood draw date.  Two weeks!? Anyone use Natera and have it take less time? Talk me off the ledge. 
  • @ournextadventure I’m a licensed insurance agent, unfortunately not for life and health or I could give better advice. But reach out to an insurance broker they’ll ask your family since and income and all that fun stuff and give you a run down of your option. 

@KFrob same here. I’m refreshing the page every few seconds. I used Sema4 and was told to give it a week but like that’s not happening. I’m impatient 
  • @marionberry19 I glad I’m not the only one going crazy! 
  • @KFrob My doctor used Natera and they said 10-14 days and it did take 10 days (7 business days) and that was over Thanksgiving, so I don't think it should take you that long.  I think I was holding my breath the whole time...
  • thank you guys. I'm just a planner and the unknown is giving me anxiety.
    @kfrob i just got mine today and my blood test was last monday. So it took 8 business days. My doctor said a week so I was getting very impatient but all good results for my baby boy! hope you don't have to wait much longer. 
  • Thank you everyone! I had my draw Saturday so I have a feeling I won’t get anything back until Monday or Tuesday.  
  • @KFrob I only had mine done yesterday and it's also through Natera, but they told me it should be 7-10 business days. They also said to wait 72 hours before registering online, but my impatient a$$ already registered today. Not sure what I was hoping to see haha. Hoping your results come in any day now! 

TTC - since 2014
    7 rounds of Clomid - BFN
    IVF #1 - March 2016
    Trying for baby #2...
    Trying for baby #3...

• @Tulips29 I didn’t wait 72 to register either!
  • I’ve been trying all day to remember my dream from last night because I know I woke up thinking “I definitely need to share this with the BMB”. Well I finally remembered it!

I was on a cruise and I was wandering around when I stumbled upon the breastfeeding area, which was actually like a kids splash park. There were women just shooting breast milk across the area like fountains and they look at me like, “Oh good, you’re here! Time for you to join the club!” I’m already incredibly uneasy about the idea of breastfeeding and the whole thing was completely overwhelming.
  • @pinkkillersheep that’s hilarious. I’m so excited to breastfeed again. I absolutely loved it & have been doing so much research on pumps for this time around since I will be working away from baby. But a breastmilk splash park sounds like way more fun than pumping hahaha 
  • @pinkkillersheep That is so funny! Your brain is very creative. 
    @marionberry19 we need to get a breastpump convo started eventually because I have been going in circles trying to figure out what the best is. I hated mine from my first pregnancy. 
  • Popping in to say hi! Sorry I haven't been around for the week.  Trying to stay afloat with having to work a few nights this week and so was my husband.  Plus doing two roles during the day so I can't even check in at work. And now traveling this weekend for the holidays.  At least the next month will go by quickly and then all the sudden I'll be 20 weeks.