June 2022 Moms

December Randoms

13»

Re: December Randoms

• @KFrob I called around until I found a Rite Aid that told me when they get their shipment of rapid tests and I went there early that morning and they  sold out in 30 minutes but I was able to get my hands on two boxes. I can’t believe they are so hard to find. Thinking about you guys!

• @shoarmie99 I’m so excited for you that you found some! Haha who would have ever thought our world would get to a point where I have genuine happiness over the purchase of a viral diagnostic test.  I signed up for “in stock” notifications at Target online and we scored a few tests at 4am.  They’re supposed to come Friday so hopefully they come that fast. 
  • Loading the player...
  • @KFrob I hope it's nothing! It's wild that we went backwards in testing. I hope you're able to get him tested and all is ok! 
    ***History & TW in Spoiler***

***bfp & child warning***
    TTC - since 2014
    7 rounds of Clomid - BFN
    IUI #1 - October 2015 - BFN
    IUI #2 - November 2015 - BFN
    IUI #3 - December 2015 - BFN
    IVF #1 - March 2016
    Retrieval #1 - April 2016
    FET #1 - May 2016 - BFP!!! DS - Born January 2017
    Trying for baby #2...
    FET #2 - January 2018 - BFN  
    No more embryos left; switched to a new RE
    IVF/Retrieval #2 - January 2019
    IVF/Retrieval #3 - March 2019
    FET #3 - April 2019 - BFP!!! - DD: Born December 2019
    Trying for baby #3...
    FET #4 - October 2021 - BFP!!! - Due June 2022

• I was going to post is on the weekly thread, but figured it belongs here instead. Anyone have a good and healthy food plan they are following? I need to start eating healthier. I don't necessarily eat processed food/junk but carbs are my weakness :disappointed: Would love to hear what others are eating so maybe we can inspire each other.
    ***History & TW in Spoiler***

***bfp & child warning***
    TTC - since 2014
    7 rounds of Clomid - BFN
    IUI #1 - October 2015 - BFN
    IUI #2 - November 2015 - BFN
    IUI #3 - December 2015 - BFN
    IVF #1 - March 2016
    Retrieval #1 - April 2016
    FET #1 - May 2016 - BFP!!! DS - Born January 2017
    Trying for baby #2...
    FET #2 - January 2018 - BFN  
    No more embryos left; switched to a new RE
    IVF/Retrieval #2 - January 2019
    IVF/Retrieval #3 - March 2019
    FET #3 - April 2019 - BFP!!! - DD: Born December 2019
    Trying for baby #3...
    FET #4 - October 2021 - BFP!!! - Due June 2022

• @Tulips29 I have nothing to add as far as healthy eating goes, but I need inspiration also! 
  • Just wanted to say WOO HOO! Had my second OB appointment today and baby is measuring the right size and heartbeat is 155. Yay!
    Pregnancy TickerSaveSave
  • I’m going to caveat this by saying my goal isn’t completely representative of reality, but here’s what I’m trying to do. And also, I’m fortunate to have a DH who helps a lot in the kitchen and I don’t have the added challenge of other little kiddos to factor in.

First of all, I cannot recommend highly enough the NYT Cooking app. Large variety of recipes of varying times and difficulties (pro tip - read the comments!). It does require a subscription though. For an easy free option, if your library system supports ebooks check out the available cookbooks there!

To dramatically simplify things since I have zero appetite currently, I wrote out a list of proteins I like (chicken, pork, soy based, fish, lentils, beans), grains (pasta, brown rice, quinoa, farro, couscous), and vegetables with an emphasis on green veggies (won’t list those all here since it’s pretty long). Told the husband to pick one thing from each and call it a day. If we do a recipe, make sure something from each is included. If it’s not, find a way to add it in. For example, I made a baked gnocchi dish from the NYT Cooking app but it didn’t have a green veggie so I sautéed a package of spinach and threw it in.

That was long and hopefully it helps someone. I know this stuff is all way easier said than done.