July 2022 Moms

***Read This Before Posting***

Welcome to the July 2022 BMB! (I used this template from the April 2022 BMB) If you're new to TB, we're excited to have you! Below you will find information on how the flow of BMBs work, guidelines and helpful links. 

Some links that you may find helpful:

How-To Guides:

• How to quote: Hit the "quote" at the bottom of the post you want to quote. You will be taken to the reply box with the quote set up already.
  • How to tag: Add a "@" in front of the username of the person you are talking to.
  • How to change your username: log in to TheKnot, hover over My Knot, and click Account Settings. If you are having issues doing it that way, you can email community@thebump.com and ask them to change your username. Give them a few suggestions just in case your top choice is taken. It may take up to 24 hours for the name to update.
  • How to insert a spoiler box: click the drop down list arrow next to the paragraph symbol (third from the left, next to bold and italicize) and choose spoiler. It will insert a grey box, and everything that you type in there will go into the spoiler.

For the sake of board organization, here are some simple guidelines for posting threads:
DO: 
  • Introduce yourself in the "Introductions!" thread 
  • Feel free to start one of the weekly posts listed below: 
  • Post your own thread if you have a confirmed loss (please use a TW)
  • Post a thread that would apply to the entire community and doesn't fall into one of the categories for daily threads listed below (Ex: what to pack in your hospital bag, baby gear, etc)
  • Comment, share advice and show support for your fellow bumpies; this is a two-way street, to get support, you must show it as well.

DON'T:
  • Start a thread asking about symptoms; please post this in the current weekly "symptoms thread" - this is helpful because it keeps the board from getting cluttered and makes it so we can all see the whole discussion in one thread, rather than having one thread about MS, one about food cravings, another about vivid dreams, etc.
  • Ask the community if you are pregnant, it is against TOU
  • Start a thread asking for relationship advice; a professional is better suited for this task
  • Post pictures of your pregnancy test, this is also against TOU
  • Post a thread that asks a question only applying to yourself unless you suspect you may be going through a MC
  • Get bent out of shape if someone calls you out for not following these guidelines; if you expect to be part of a supportive board (which we are), you need to be able to take the time to learn the ins and outs of the board

Weekly threads suggestions! Feel free to add any others you think would be helpful/fun. 

MONDAY
Monday Bitch Fest 
Weekly (or monthly) symptoms thread 

TUESDAY
GTKY ("Get to know you" posted with a thought-provoking question) 
High Risk Check-in

WEDNESDAY
Hump day/bump day 
PAIF check in 
Weekly randoms 
WTF Wednesday

THURSDAY
PGAL check in
Unpopular opinion (UO)
Thankful Thursdays 

FRIDAY
Flame Free Confessions 
TTGP Grad check in 

MONTHLY
What my pregnant self is eating/crying?               
AMA mama check in 
Ask a STM+

Once we all get farther along, we will also have pinned threads for things like ultrasounds, sex announcements, and birth announcements.

I've copy/pasted this from previous boards, and it seems to be the way that they are all organized, but of course we should feel free to tweak for our needs! For example, some boards do weekly ticker changes while others do weekly due date check-ins (ex, DD 1st week of March.). 

If anyone has a suggestion for other threads, please feel free to comment a suggestion.

Let's have a great BMB ladies!

Re: ***Read This Before Posting***

• FYI, the instructions for updating a username appear outdated. I tried emailing the address listed, and it bounced back. The current instructions are at the link below, and are much simpler: 

https://support.thebump.com/hc/en-us/articles/360052140771-How-do-I-change-my-username-

Note: it took an hour or two for the change to go into effect, and my first post after changing my username appeared under my old name for an hour or so before switching over. 

• @skilouise Thank you so much for sharing that!!
  • Loading the player...
  • @BumpAdmin Can we please get this thread pinned? 

• @BumpAdmin Can we get this thread pinned please?
  • What did you all want to do regarding the weekly check-ins based on due date week or day of the week for due date? I know sometimes that depends on how many regular participants we get here.
    *TW* History:
    Me: 34 DH: 36 | Together since 2007 | Married July 2016

TTC #1 since 7.2017
    Dx: low morph (1%), ANA positive, low decidualization score, high TSH and testosterone, histone antibodies

IUI #1-3 all BFN
    IVF #1 | 6.11.19 | 24R, 17M, 15F, 6B, PGT-A tested - 5 normal, 3 girls & 2 boys
    FET #1 | 9.10.19 | BFN "I know you, but we've never met. I'm with you, but I don't know your name"
    RPL, Receptiva, & ERA testing | all normal/negative, recommended going on gluten and dairy free diet for next FET
    FET #2 | 3.31.20 | Opted to cancelled due to pandemic, continued diet and tried naturally over the summer
    2nd Opinion with another RE | 8.20.20 | Not immune to measles (received 1 dose); SA results similar to 2 years ago; decided to move forward with FET #2 redo at start of next cycle
    Surprise natural BFP! | 9.22.20 | MC 10.23.20 at 8 weeks
    TTCAL naturally | starting 11.22.20

Initial consultation with Reproductive Immunologist | 9.14.21
    Decidualization score biopsy | 10.1.21 | abnormal - low score of 1; endometrial scratch recommended and progesterone supplementation
    Saline sono | 10.15.21 | normal
    Bloodwork | 10.21.21 high TSH, high testosterone, positive for anti-nuclear antibodies and histone antibodies, high protein S, multiple genetic mutations
    BFP! | 11.3.21 | EDD 7.14.22 B) | biopsy provided same effect as endometrial scratch; added supplemental progesterone and estrogen, prednisone, levothyroxine, and MTX Support to maintain pregnancy
    DS born 7.19.22 after induction

TTC #2 begins 6.2023
    Consultation with RI | 6.6.23
    Saline sono, endometritis biopsy, skin & eye check | all normal
    Labs | high TSH, Factor XIII mutation, high %CD56
    Follow up | 8.8.23 | prescribed metformin, prednisone, plaquenil, and levothyroxine
    Repeat labs after 3 weeks on meds
    Follow up | 11.9.23 | Green light!, increase in prednisone, added lovenox
    Repeat labs in 8 weeks
    Follow up | 1.16.24 | Green light continues
    TTC put on pause
  • I think based on due date week works well! But willing to go with whatever! It will generally change and evolve as time goes on and participation fluxes. 
  • @feather_heather same

I never liked the ticker change that's by day of the week because you're all at different milestones or timelines. The discussion wouldn't be as fun to me.
    *TW* History:

TTC #1 since 7.2017
    Dx: low morph (1%), ANA positive, low decidualization score, high TSH and testosterone, histone antibodies

IUI #1-3 all BFN
    FET #1 | 9.10.19 | BFN "I know you, but we've never met. I'm with you, but I don't know your name"
    RPL, Receptiva, & ERA testing | all normal/negative, recommended going on gluten and dairy free diet for next FET
    FET #2 | 3.31.20 | Opted to cancelled due to pandemic, continued diet and tried naturally over the summer
    2nd Opinion with another RE | 8.20.20 | Not immune to measles (received 1 dose); SA results similar to 2 years ago; decided to move forward with FET #2 redo at start of next cycle

Decidualization score biopsy | 10.1.21 | abnormal - low score of 1; endometrial scratch recommended and progesterone supplementation
    Bloodwork | 10.21.21 high TSH, high testosterone, positive for anti-nuclear antibodies and histone antibodies, high protein S, multiple genetic mutations
    BFP! | 11.3.21 | EDD 7.14.22 B) | biopsy provided same effect as endometrial scratch; added supplemental progesterone and estrogen, prednisone, levothyroxine, and MTX Support to maintain pregnancy

TTC #2 begins 6.2023
    Follow up | 8.8.23 | prescribed metformin, prednisone, plaquenil, and levothyroxine
    Repeat labs in 8 weeks
    TTC put on pause
  • I agree. Due date week seems to make more sense 
    Hubby and Me
    Friends since 2008
    Started dating: July 1st, 2013
    Engaged: July 1st, 2014
    Married: July 1st, 2016
    R born: July 8th, 2017
    N born: June 30th, 2019
    Baby #3 Due: July 7th, 2022
    (maybe I only ovulate in October XD)
  • July 1st is on a Thursday. Do we want to lump the 1st and 2nd in the weekly check in with the 3rd-9th?

Or perhaps for the next week or two do 1 check in for all days since the board isn't super active yet and decide my first question at a later time?
    *TW* History:

TTC #1 since 7.2017

IUI #1-3 all BFN

TTC #2 begins 6.2023
    Repeat labs in 8 weeks
    TTC put on pause
  • @inthewoods23 I think a single check-in for everybody over the next week or two while the board is still small makes sense, and then probably grouping July 1-2 with the following week after we grow (although we can decide on that later). Thanks for coordinating us!
  • @BumpAdmin Can we get a sticky here please 
  • @BumpAdmin Can you sticky this post please
  • @stardustskies good luck getting them to sticky lol. I actually sent a question to their support over the weekend to see who we're supposed to tag since it's not getting done. A friend of mine in the May BMB had the same problem.
    *TW* History:

TTC #1 since 7.2017

IUI #1-3 all BFN

TTC #2 begins 6.2023
    Repeat labs in 8 weeks
    TTC put on pause
  • @inthewoods23 I'm just gonna do a tag everyday lol at least that way it will keep it bumped until they decide to do it. 😬
  • @stardustskies they finally stickied woohoo haha

Some other weekly threads we've done on the TTGP board that we could also do here:

Monday
    Healthy Habits

Tuesday
    TW (twatwaffle) tuesday
    Ten Things

Wednesday
    Win/Wine/Whine

Thursday
    Thirsty Thursday (although we rarely did this one and don't remember really what the topic is besides crushes of some kind)

Friday
    Furry Friday (pet thread!)

We've also done some things on the weekends like weekend word association and a couple times have tried doing SO (significant other) Saturday to mention praises or annoyances with our SOs.
    *TW* History:

TTC #1 since 7.2017

IUI #1-3 all BFN

TTC #2 begins 6.2023
    Repeat labs in 8 weeks
    TTC put on pause
  • Wow! The bump has changed a lot since my pregnancy 12 years ago. We could ask about anything and get advice back. This is stupid.
  • Uh ok. It’s like 9 fafillion rules to organize a message board. I am not reading your post because it’s even stupider. 
  • @inthewoods23 I remember thirsty Thursdays, we did that a lot in one of my old boards and it was always a laugh you just post whichever celebrity you're thirsting over that week (Bonus points for photos/ gifs)
  • @LJMoon6 thats a great idea! And thanks to all of you who have started threads. Many of you are very experienced on here and I appreciate that as a FTM!
  • @LJMoon6 thank you! I was wondering when we'd start having those.
    *TW* History:

TTC #1 since 7.2017

IUI #1-3 all BFN

TTC #2 begins 6.2023
    Repeat labs in 8 weeks
    TTC put on pause
  • I thought of something else to add. Now I’m reading the list and rethinking…. It isn’t exactly products?? 
    Anywho. In my other BMBs we had a thread for home birth/birthing center/unmedicated birth mamas. Do we want something like that? 
    Hubby and Me
    Friends since 2008
    Started dating: July 1st, 2013
    Engaged: July 1st, 2014
    Married: July 1st, 2016
    R born: July 8th, 2017
    N born: June 30th, 2019
    Baby #3 Due: July 7th, 2022
    (maybe I only ovulate in October XD)
  • @tuxielove93 I like that idea!

On another note: I am interested in hearing about suggestions others have for good prenatal exercise videos or online classes. Or just in general what exercises people are doing during pregnancy. Do you all think this would be good as its own thread? Or better as a question to ask on the question thread? I want to follow protocol! 😆 
  • @zinnia9 That sounds like a good thread to me! An exercise thread with helpful tips or good videos to watch. 
  • When do the new trimester and halfway there gif party threads typically get posted?

Is that typically done when everyone has reached that milestone or when the early month due dates reach it? I think all of us are fully into the 2nd trimester now.
    *TW* History:

TTC #1 since 7.2017

IUI #1-3 all BFN

TTC #2 begins 6.2023
    Repeat labs in 8 weeks
    TTC put on pause
  • @inthewoods23 - Generally whenever the first person gets there! Then people can join in as they reach that milestone! I forgot about those threads!
  • @feather_heather I'll get the party started then! 🥳
    *TW* History:

TTC #1 since 7.2017

IUI #1-3 all BFN

TTC #2 begins 6.2023
    Repeat labs in 8 weeks
    TTC put on pause