May 2022 Moms

Symptoms-October

How's everyone feeling?

Re: Symptoms-October

• Nausea finally hit me yesterday at 5w6d. I woke up this morning dry heaving but luckily able to keep my coffee down with the help of a few crackers, so I'll call it a win!
  • The constipation… so glamorous. I may need to get out the colace stool softener already. 
  • Loading the player...
  • And I should add just bloating in general. I won’t be making the mistake of wearing my high waisted leggings all day again. I’m in sweatpants only mode when I’m at home now until I cave and get the maternity things out. 
  • @happynapper I have to take colace once a week or so. I've accepted it.😩

@tinysombrero I'm so thankful I still can tolerate my coffee in the morning! Limited to espresso with the tiniest splash of cream but better than nothing! 

Nausea is starting to hit HARD in the afternoon now, and combined with my fatigue, I just want to crawl back in bed and sleep. We're going on vacation next week so that should be interesting...at least we don't have to worry about what to do in our hotel room after DD goes to bed. Because I'll be wanting to go to bed right after her 😂
  • So much gas and reflux. I think I'm going to need to acquire something more effective than Tums. I'll have to look at the list of approved meds my OB gave me; I never have reflux outside of pregnancy (and last time didn't realize it until third tri) so I'm floundering on what to do. 

@pajamstagrams I hear you on the fatigue. I took a 45 minute nap today and I'll be going back to sleep in 30 minutes when DD goes down. Have a great vacation!

@tinysombrero Sorry to hear the nausea is hitting you hard! 
  • Right there with you on same bedtime as kids….this exhaustion is no joke 
  • heasemomheasemom member
    edited October 2021
    still dealing with exhaustion and nauseous here. I have found that some type of protein seems help the nausea so I have been feeling a bit better. I’m 7 weeks today. 
  • Still also dealing with the exhaustion. I thought it was starting to taper off since i no longer want to nap at my desk at work but i fall asleep at 9pm nightly 
  • mrsmac-ustoukmrsmac-ustouk member
    edited October 2021
    7&1/2 weeks - a bit nervous cause last week I was wildly nauseous almost every day, and this week I haven’t been. Also my breasts were sore last week and aren’t this week. This week I’ve felt normal except for a mean cold. However I have thrown up twice (first time in the pregnancy) but without any nausea. Hoping that means this week isn’t considered a “sudden decrease in symptoms”. Still several weeks til my first doctor check up!
  • Still super gaggy and having food aversions 😭 I'm a huge foodie and love cooking, so hating almost everything is no fun. 
  • Exhausted and nauseous almost constantly. The only thing I can make myself eat is bread, pasta and soup. Thankfully only dry heaves so far but nothing seems to help. Also sore and growing breasts. I’m currently 7w 3d.
  • I'm 8 wks 4 days and I feel horrible! I feel very blessed to be pregnant, but honestly, right now I'm not having fun. Nauseous most of the day. So so so tired but yet not sleeping well at night. Bloated. Some days constipated and some days diarrhea. And horrible HEADACHES! I feel like such a cry baby, but I'm ready to be out of the first trimester. 
  • Mood swings, heat flashes, nausea (sometimes but when it hits it’s horrible), headaches, and so tired. I’m waking up way earlier than normal and being so so tired during the day. 
  • I had been pretty nauseous up until the last day or two (7+3) so now I’m nervous 😩 other than that, just sore nips. 
  • B_1029 the pregnancy symptom/no symptoms anxiety is real! 
  • @b_1029 I find my nausea comes and goes pretty often. One day it's bad, the next, nothing, and then the next day it's back.

@conni0205 I have insomnia when pregnant and it suckssss. Plus I keep waking up at my "work day" time (5:45) on weekends. I know that's not helping my exhaustion. 

@nikkimc8 girl I feel you on the diarrhea/constipation rollercoaster. 😖
  • I'm 8 weeks 3 days and feeling the same! Nauseous all day and throwing up 3 times a day now. Glued to the bed all day from exhaustion. Everything stinks and only peppermint gums help with it. Praying to get through this phase soon!
  • @nikkimc8 Honestly, I just hate first tri so I'm right there with you wishing it will fly by. I think it's ok to say that. <3 
  • 7 weeks 2 days and I’ve had headaches, and I’m exhausted. So food is gross to me, but so far my nausea has been under control. Which I cannot say about my last pregnancy!
  • Omg the bloating is now out of control. I legitimately look like I did when 4 ish months pregnant with DD. I had to bring maternity dresses on vacation 🙈 at least I don't know anyone here lol

Also anyone else peeing 4x a night yet? 😩
  • @pajamstagrams me 😩 I always have really bad cotton mouth whenever I wake up so will take literally 2-3 sips of water when I go to the bathroom. Apparently that’s enough to trigger me to have to go again later. 
  • @b_1029 SAME. Every time I take a sip, I'm like, well I guess I'll be up again in 2 hours! 

@pajamstagrams My MIL complemented me on my bump the other day :# ; it's definitely a bloat bump.  :D
  • +1 to at least 1 or 2 nighttime potty runs and cotton mouth. Both of which i don’t remember until third tri last time 
  • Yeah I've had to stop drinking that one sip of water 😫 it's helped me cut down to only 2 trips! 

@Bababatty omg your MIL 🙄
  • Anyone took any medication or vit b6 supplements for the morning sickness? I am 9 weeks today with severe nausea and vomiting from past few weeks and my first prenatal visit isn't until next week. Any recommendations would be great!
  • pajamstagramspajamstagrams member
    edited October 2021
    @saizbat with DD I had to take diclegis, which really just helped me sleep through the night (I had bad nausea overnight and it was keeping me up). For me, it wore off halfway through the day, so it did nothing for my PM nausea, and I'm too sensitive to sleep aids (aka the unisom in diclegis) to take more at night or in the morning. I've heard people have good luck with just plain B6, but B vitamins (and any multivitamin) make me super nauseous so I wasn't willing to try it.

So, I lived on ginger ale/candies, sea bands, and small frequent meals. 

Eta: it's worth a call to your OB/MW to see if they can Rx something sooner. Worst they can say is no!
  • @saizbat I was having really disruptive nausea (but not vomiting) and food aversions.  I started by 3 days ago and I have had huge improvement in nausea.  Enough that it is making me paranoid about cessation of symptoms (thanks PGAL Brain 🙄).  It is supposed to help alleviate nausea but not vomiting.   I bought some preggie pops as a way to try out the b6 then ordered pills.
  • @gadzooks_3 Out of curiosity, where do you buy Preggie Pops? I've been able to control my nausea pretty well because it's usually hunger induced, but I've never seen them in drug stores around here and there are some days I do think they'd be helpful (like tonight when the best I could do was sweettarts since I didn't love the ginger chews). 
  • @Bababatty they were at my local Target
  • @pajamstagrams @gadzooks_3 thank you for the recos! I bought this vit b6 (100mg) few weeks ago but was scared to take it without a doctor's recommendation. Called the obgyn office today and the nurse said I could take b6 but she wouldn't tell me the dose since they hadn't seen me yet. So how much did you take? Is 100 mg too much?
  • @gadzooks_3 Ahhhh Target! Good to know! Thanks!
  • @Bababatty they are on Amazon also. And the have helped me. I bought this pack from buy buy baby I couldn’t find them at my target. 

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

BabyFetus Ticker

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

• Why do headaches and nausea go together? Ughhhhhhh. Just feel gross. 
  • Omg the nausea! I’m taking compazine, omeprazole, and unisom at night. And then add in the constipation....ugh 
  • Nausea, nausea, nausea! Haven’t hit that exhausted feeling too often yet. Just feel like I’m on a rocking ship/that wavy feeling all the time. I have to eat often because it gets worse when my blood sugar dips. I’ve been taking b6 (100mg) + unisom (25mg) at least once a day, but sometimes 3. Food aversions so far- peanut butter and desserts seem gross and unappealing, I’m craving meat and salt. Like I keep thinking about steak. It’s 9:30 am lol
  • Blergh I guess I am not escaping the constant urge to gag this pregnancy. Kicked in a lot later (8.5 weeks) than with my first (6 wks). I'm supposed to go in back to the office this week and dreading it because of the nausea. 

@tacosandtums we have the opposite food aversions 😂😂 the thought of eating steak right now...🤢 Although I agree, most desserts/sweet things sound gross, with the exception of cake/cupcakes... because buttercream frosting is always amazing. Give me all the butter! 
  • I have to go back into the office November 1… I am afraid 🤢🤢🤢@pajamstagrams

But yes always to butter in all forms. 
  • Hi ladies! I'm new, but need to vent.

7 weeks, and between the exhaustion, lightheadedness, headaches, nausea, and constant urge to cry, I'm a bit of a wreck and am struggling at work (teacher). I have my first doctor's appointment tomorrow. I haven't thrown up yet, but the nausea is constant from morning to night.. Right now, I've been relying on seabands and popcorn, but I can't imagine doing this another 7 weeks, or more! 😱