February 2022 Moms
Options

Nursery

Let’s share any and all nursery ideas! Shopping links, Pinterest photos, previous nursery photos, etc. 

Re: Nursery

• Options
    Anyone have tiny nurseries? I need pics for tiny nurseries since this babe will be going in a pretty small room, I think like a 9 x 10.
    Our house is small, 3 beds 1 bath but a partially finished basement. So the third bedroom was basically our cats room and my husband kept his dresser in there and used that closet since our Master has a small closet. Not we have to kick the cats out and fit my husbands dresser and closet clothing in our bedroom so the babe can have that small room. We will be putting a cat door on the door to our basement and putting hte cat stuff downstairs so the dogs cant get to it. I want a bigger house so bad but reallllly need to wait till we move out of state. 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    JWatt5JWatt5 member
    @livingoffpbjs - that was the size of Parker’s nursery at the old house. We were using the room as the same thing prior - except we have litter trained rabbits lol. We got a closet organizer for the master so we could fit more, had to sort clothes by season (down to the basement with the out of season clothes). The nursery ended up really cozy, I loved it. 

Me: 37 DH: 37 - Married 10.2015 ❤️ Canadian 
    DX: Endometriosis - Stage 4, DOR, RPL
    TTC #1 07.2015
    03.2016 - Natural BFP - MC 5w4d
    04.2016 - Natural BFP - Chemical
    10.2016 - IUI w/ Injections #1 = IUI Cancelled (cyst/no mature follicle)
    11.2016 - IUI w/ Injections #2 = BFP, EDD 08.2017 - It's a BOY!
    TTC #2 06.2019
    08.2019 - IUI w/ Injections #1 = Chemical
    09.2019 - IUI w/ Injections #2 = BFN
    10.2019 - IUI w/ Injections #3 = BFN
    01.2020 - IUI w/ Injections #4 = BFN
    08.2020 - Natural BFP - MC 9w5d
    11.2020 - IVF Retrieval - 3AB & 4BB
    05.2021 - FET #1 = BFP, EDD 02.2022 - It's a BOY!

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    @JWatt5 I loved the pics of his nursery, I was checking them out trying to figure out the room size because its giving me ideas <3 

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @JWatt5 Also when I see your name I think of JJ Watt, who I love 

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @livingoffpbjs that was the size of my oldest’s nursery. 

We just had a generic sports theme. It was 11 years ago now and I don’t think I have any photos 😩 will need to look through Facebook. 

My daughter was in our room for the first 8 months, then we moved and she shared a room with her brother so she had a corner of a room for 1.5 years. At 2 was when we moved into our current home and we did an under the sea theme. 

She had Ariel baby bedding, but now has baby shark. The room is an aqua color and we have Ariel on the wall and starfish and other generic mermaids. 

We had set up our son to share a room with her adding to the under the sea theme with Nemo bedding, but we lost him in Feb and I don’t know if we’ll do anything for this babe. It’s very likely we’ll be moving within the next year so we’ll see 🤷🏻‍♀️
  • Options
    edited August 2021
    We started painting yesterday! It’s totally primed and the first coat of our accent wall is down. We still have to paint the trim, the other walls and caulk the trim. And change the light fixture. 😅 I’ll probably wait for dh to be off again so we can work on it together. But we’re having some progress! The other walls are going to be repose grey, which is just a really nice light neutral grey. And the trim will be white to match the ceiling. It was brown. 

• Options
    @photographerwife I love that green! 

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @photographerwife I adore green! It's my favorite color. Baby boy might be getting something similar! <3
  • Options
    @photographerwife Love that!! I still have no clue what we're going to do with the little one but have an itch to redo my son's room. He needs a new dresser badly and we haven't really decorated much since we moved in 1.5 years ago.
  • Options
    @lexilougolden me too! Green and blue are my favorites! 

Can’t wait to see what everyone else does with their nursery! 
  • Options
    @babyodo that is so cute! Love those ideas! I’d be so scared to take on something so big! 
  • Options
    I love the room and the swing is awesome!
  • Options
    @photographerwife it is looking great! 
  • Options
    @photographerwife - such a pretty green. 
    I’m kinda sad I’m not getting a nursery all prepped since we are waiting - it’s so much fun. I’ll live through everyone else’s 
    TTC #1 07.2015
    TTC #2 06.2019

• Options
    @JWatt5 are you just waiting until they’re older? I’m sure this baby won’t use this crib for forever. I just need my visual centerpiece before I could buy the other stuff lol 
  • Options
    @photographerwife - we’re going to wait until around 6 months. Right now what will be the nursery is a spare room that we want to keep available. Parker currently co sleeps with me so he’ll be able to do that with his dad in there while I tend to baby at night. Honestly DH also already sleeps in the spare. We sleep terribly when we sleep together lol. We’re getting a King bed soon so when we have to sleep together again we have some space lol. He’s a sweaty, noisy sleeper. 
    TTC #1 07.2015
    TTC #2 06.2019

• Options
    @JWatt5 haha same here. I love decorating nurseries but we're going to make a gametime decision when the baby is older about whether she'll room with Samson or we'll convert the playroom to a nursery. I'd like them to share a room for a while but won't force it if she's a terrible sleeper or Samson isn't into it. Majorly living through everybody else.

@photographerwife that room is looking amazing!!! Love the green. 

• Options
    With us for sure moving now in June-ish next year, the baby will room with us in our house and then will share with their sister at the new house. 

Brielle wants her new room to be Sonic the Hedgehog so I’m doing Sonic plus woodland hedgehogs 🤷🏻‍♀️
  • Options
    @JWatt5 I understand! It’s not like they use it anyway! 😂 my son stayed in our room until we’ve moved, so I’ve had a good time working on one so far! I just really like a dedicated space for the changing table and stuff too. And my husband is a musician so his stuff takes up a lot of “extra” space. I had to stake my claim while I could! Haha getting a king will help! We went from a full before ds to a king and it was much better! So much better. 
  • Options
    @modoodles that’s a good idea! We considered doing one play room and one sleep room too, but we may swap them later. Since ds has so many more “chokable” toys haha 

• Options
    @angelz429 love it!! How are the house decisions gong?
  • Options
    Well we had 7 days for structural changes. So that’s all set. We have like 2 weeks left for cosmetic changes. I *think* we’re set there too. But will review again and again and again lol
  • Options
    @angelz429 that is perfect!! 
    @lexilougolden love that! I think I had something similar pinned for our inspiration photo too. I posted the crib, but I bought a modern looking white drawer with a natural wood top to bring in some brightness, and I’ll do a cream rocker too I think! There are a ton of natural wood cribs and furniture out now. Some of it may be backordered though, because it’s popular, so buy soon! 
  • Options
    @chgilmore love that! And the color! I bet your crib will come in on time! 😬 what did you order? 
  • Options
    @photographerwife thank you :) it better come on time! otherwise I guess she's just sleeping on the mattress lol. we got a Babyletto gelato 4-in-1 convertible mini crib, in white and washed natural.
  • Options
    @chigolmore you can always get a travel bassinet if you get real desperate! 😂 but I bet you’ll be fine! Just googled that and it’s cute! Ours is babyletto too and I ordered on wayfair because it was out of stock everywhere else! All of their stuff seems really popular. I could order the matching dresser, so I ordered something different. I did notice that several of their pieces are coming back in stock around October first for babyletto, if you need anything else. 
  • Options
    @photographerwife my mom did some sleuthing and found it on 2Modern (along with a similarly-styled bookcase), but it looks like it's a manufacturing problem so everywhere is out of stock until November apparently. my real backup plan is one of those cheap bassinets that don't take up a lot of space!
  • Options
    @kaf1788 love that wallpaper! So fun! 
  • Options
    @kaf1788 it's so cute!!!
  • Options
    @kaf1788 I agree with time feeling like it’s slowed fine the last couple of weeks but I know it’ll fly! Love that wallpaper! 
  • Options
    @kaf1788 - I had that paper in the playroom at our old house and LOVED IT. I'd totally do it again in this house but there's no short wall and wallpaper is pricey lol. Great taste you have!!!
    TTC #1 07.2015
    TTC #2 06.2019