August 2021 Moms

Questions thread

167891012»

Re: Questions thread

• @Kenneylynn3 nope they weren't concerned at all they just said my baby will likely be bigger than my last two. I was just seeing if anyone else had an experience with this. Thanks.  
  • @ematurn23 I also have been getting higher fundal height measurements (about 2.5-3 cm above my # of weeks for the last few appointments) so I’m going for a growth ultrasound.  I didn’t have GD (actually my blood sugar was almost too low). But this is my third and I have just been feeling like my belly is so much bigger than with my first 2 because my body has done this 2 times before.  
    Also my 9wk dating ultrasound was 6 days ahead so I’m almost wondering if my due date could be a little off.  
    I don’t fully understand what it means but hopefully everything will be ok at the ultrasound. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Has anyone been dealing with really sever pelvic/sacrum/tailbone pain? It’s gotten worse with every pregnancy and this morning I could barely wAlk and couldn’t go from sitting to standing. 
    I’ve been told by my chiropractor and my physical therapist that my tailbone/sacrum is tilted and they’ve been able to help for short term getting it feeling better but between appointments it gets really bead again.  I have 2 younger kids and my mom and husband helped today but being completely immobilized is really difficult.  I feel like a giant burden and my husband seemed pretty irritated about doing all this stuff with his MIL today.  I’ve been pretty able in previous pregnancies so we’re not really used to this. 
    I ordered this on Amazon NeoTech Care Pregnancy Support Maternity Belt, Waist/Back/Abdomen Band, Belly Brace, Black, Size L https://smile.amazon.com/dp/B01GO2MHDK/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_glt_i_ZPKXFKKSJ5VK9CBH1408
    And it’s coming tomorrow morning.  I can’t go to my chiropractor until Tuesday and I need to make an appointment for the next pt session.  I have exercises to do but today it was so bad I could barely even lift my leg to attempt the exercises.  I just got back from beach trips with my kids which were physically taxing at 34 weeks and yesterday built an ikea shelf while sitting on the floor so I’ve probably just overdone it physically.
    Does anyone have any other tips for how to deal with this?
  • So I know I’m not trained, but sometimes I feel like When they measure me they’re not really at the top of my pubic bone, so I just measured my own fundal height by looking up how online and my measurement was exactly right for my weeks (just under 35 cm for 34w5d.  It gives me slight hope that it could just be some kind of difficulty with measuring me.  I was flat on my back on the bed instead of inclined at the office.  Made sure I had emptied my bladder and didn’t have tight clothes on.  I think I was doing it right, so hopefully the ultrasound next Monday will be normal and there isn’t any kind of issue.  Googling large fundal height got me kind of nervous.   
  • grogugrogu member
    @Clobert I've been dealing with pelvic pain since 13 weeks. The key is taking it easy. I also have an SI belt that I wear when it's really bad. It goes lower on your hips than a belly support belt. 

Ice also helped me a lot. Good luck!
  • Super embarrassing (and TMI), but is anyone else suffering from hemorrhoids? Any tried and true methods to help with them? 
    6.1.10 -- Natural MC @ 6wks 3.17.11 -- BFP, born 11.8.11
  • @Clobert they always lay me flat before measuring, it’s so strange they’re measuring with you at an incline— does anyone else’s dr do it that way as well? I’ve been having pelvic pain and lower back pain as well. Along with cramping for most of my pregnancy. But I would def bring it up to your dr and I would also ask them about measuring you flat instead of at an incline. 
  • @Clobert I also am always measured flat. 

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickersLilypie Angel and Memorial tickersLilypie - YeTq
  • @Clobert Bigger fundal height could also just mean baby is in a weird position. I wouldn't sweat it too much.
    Definitely sounds like you need to rest more so the pain is more tolerable. Take it easy mama.

@quitexcontrary Mine never went away from my first kid. Sitz baths help. Wipe with wipes and not TP. Eat lots of fiber/veggies and take Colace (you can take 3 per day). Try not to strain and only go if you really are ready to go. Otherwise it's happens to just about everyone and it definitely sucks. Sorry you're dealing with that. Most of the time mine are pretty small and not too bothersome but pregnancy exacerbates them. Also sometimes exercise does as well, like running, so take breaks if you need to.
    Baby Birthday Ticker TickerMarried DW <3 08.2013; AI 2x; IUI 6x; IUI #7 05.2015; DD born 2.2016 o:); Reciprocal IVF FET #1 on 11.18.2020 
  • grogugrogu member
    @quitexcontrary MH had them pretty bad and needed surgery for some. I had them with my last pregnancy but they went away with minor care. 
    This time though I'm definitely dealing with the unpleasantness... This oil is a life saver https://www.amoils.com/products/hemorrhoids?src=google&campaignid=54572423&gclid=CjwKCAjwoZWHBhBgEiwAiMN66RMF1_SjicOj5U5nQi8_6f5nPbV3twyoT8GPCIks7QakpmKrHbQ61xoC4gAQAvD_BwE 

It's worth a try. I use it twice a day during a flare up and they're pretty well gone within a few days. 
  • @claireloSC and @grogu thanks for the suggestions! I never had them with my first two babies, and then they showed up with my 3rd baby. Now, they’re back and driving me nuts lol. 
  • kam174kam174 member
    I have 5 weeks until baby is here (35 weeks as of tomorrow, c section scheduled for 8/27) and I’m freaking out a little 😬 it’s my first, so I’m sure it’s normal. But any c section tips or what I should pack in my hospital bag specific to c sections would be much appreciated! I have 2 friends that have had c sections but I’m getting mixed suggestions from them … i.e. one said no yoga pants, nothing restricting. The other said a belly band to hold your stomach in is a good idea 🧐 I know every body and experience is different but I’d rather not pack my entire wardrobe 😆 Thanks in advance!! 💕
  • Baby Birthday Ticker TickerMarried DW <3 08.2013; AI 2x; IUI 6x; IUI #7 05.2015; DD born 2.2016 o:); Reciprocal IVF FET #1 on 11.18.2020 
  • @kam174 I’m about to have c/s #4, and I’m freaking out lol. 

For the hospital, I’d leave the yoga pants at home and stick to gowns from the hospital or your own. The nurses will be in every day to check your incision, and it’s just much easier to lift the gown up, as opposed to pulling down your pants at that point in my opinion. 

Once you’re out, it depends on you and how you’re feeling post c/s. Personally, with my first and second I loved my yoga pants and hated the belly bandit thing. With my third, I loved the belly band and lived in flowy clothes. The belly band is meant to help things go back to normal quicker (I think). It does take a few days to get used to, though. 
  • kam174kam174 member
    @quitexcontrary thank you!! Sorry to hear it doesn’t get easier or less nerve wracking after you’ve already had a few lol good luck to you! 
  • moeraemoerae member
    @kam174, I will be getting my 2nd c-section Aug 12. I tried the Bellafit or whatever it was called that was more like a corset, but could never wear it comfortably because it would keep rolling down, so I abandoned it. I didn’t start using it until a few weeks in though… I do wish I had sucked it up and worn it for longer because I looked about 4 months pregnant permanently. This time though I plan to do the cloth belly binding, which is nice because it adjusts to your curves... I hope that will help! 

Regarding the hospital, I would also definitely skip the yoga pants. I really liked the mesh undies because you could pull it over your scar. Regular low briefs can irritate the scar… I also used those instant cooling pads over my c-section scar to numb the pain. You could just stick it in those mesh undies. 

The gas pains were seriously the worst and so is the first poop. I really don’t have any suggestions here, and am not looking forward to it 😖

If you have steps in your home, try to avoid them for the first few days. Maybe make yourself a daybed in the couch and have a bassinet next to you. Also, lying on my side and breastfeeding the baby was the easiest for me. Putting the pillow on your lap to bf in the tradition way might hurt. You could also try the football hold. My husband would wake up at nights to hand me the baby, and then he would burp him and change him so that I wouldn’t have to get up so much.

That is all that I can think of at the moment. Hope it helps! Don’t worry; you got this mama! 
  • has anyone found relief for their swollen feet? 
  • @quitexcontrary I haven't had the problem, so no first hand experience, but I've heard elevating them and soaking in cool water gives temporary relief.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickersLilypie Angel and Memorial tickersLilypie - YeTq
  • grogugrogu member
    @quitexcontrary bigger sandals 😂 
    I've tried everything from elevating my feet, compression socks, soaking in cool water and not much has worked. 
  • @Kenneylynn3 I’ve been elevating them, I’ll have to try the cool water. It’s funny, because I never really had this problem before. This pregnant is just proving to be different from the other 3. 

@grogu 😂😂 bigger sandals for sure! Nothing else seems to be working for me, either. 
  • Elevating provides some temporary relief, but they always swell up again. My exit plan is giving birth. :( 
    Baby Birthday Ticker TickerMarried DW <3 08.2013; AI 2x; IUI 6x; IUI #7 05.2015; DD born 2.2016 o:); Reciprocal IVF FET #1 on 11.18.2020 
  • @claireloSC I’ve got 11 days. That’s been the light at the end of my swollen feet tunnel. 
  • @quitexcontraryn hang in there! Shockingly my feet were normal pretty much right after delivery! It was pretty nice. Hope yours is similar. 
  • @claireloSC thanks! I hope that’s the case for me, too!