August 2021 Moms

Questions thread

Re: Questions thread

• @coastalmomma3 I got one from asos by recommendation from a mom in my previous BMB.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickersLilypie Angel and Memorial tickersLilypie - YeTq
  • Loading the player...
  • I got two tankini’s from Amazon and they’re great! Both diff brands though. One recommended sizing up, and it fits great. The other says order normal size and it fits now but won’t by the end of summer so I wish I sized up. Only problem is the bottoms are wayyyyy too small lol they fit around the waste but don’t cover enough of my backside for me to feel comfortable. I have shorts bathing suit bottoms that have the yoga flap up top that actually fits amazingly with my tops so I’m using that this summer. 

Non-bathing suit related question— is anyone else super tired all the time?? I thought the tiredness was supposed to be gone after first trimester but I feel like I spend half my day napping the last few weeks. 
  • Here are the tankinis i ordered. The red and white polka dot one is the one I wish I sized up on. The pink one is a tiny bit loose but the straps tighten and I know it’ll work the entire summer. They’re both comfortable though and I recommend them. I also recommend sizing up one size for both! 

• Thanks for the recommendations, ladies. I have an Amazon gift card burning a hole in my pocket and parent guided swim lessons for my 3.5 year old in a couple weeks. I really want to feel confident and comfortable.
    @ashsowers2020, I am tired from about noon until bedtime these days. I have good energy in the morning but then it quickly disappears. Although, that seems to have been a pre-pregnancy problem with me too, it's just more significant now. 
  • grogugrogu member
    @ashsowers2020 I am exhausted all the time. I'm pretty sure my iron is low again so I've upped my supplements. It doesn't help that I'm waking to pee every hour and a half at night 🥱

@coastalmomma3 I've ordered a few suits off of Amazon and I just follow the measurement guide vs the S/M/L and haven't had any fit issues.
  • Any good place for dress shopping? My brother is getting married and I need something. Got something from Blush maternity and was NOT happy with it. 
  • I just bought this one too but have not received it yet! I will let you know when I get it and how it fits. 

Whats everyone's plan for laboring gowns? I have always used the hospitals but I was thinking of getting something better this time around. The hospital gowns are so stiff and itchy. 
  • @hannelorre, I just got a dress from Amazon (my SIL is also getting married). It hasn't come yet, but I'll let you know how it goes when it gets here! 
    @cluckymama, I'm planning on using the hospital gown. I thought I wanted a pretty laboring gown with my first. Learned my lesson on that one. 
  • @cluckymama Hopefully this doesn't happen to you, but I bled all over my hospital gown and I was glad to have a hospital one and not my own. I'll save the cute stuff for home! @hannelorre I love my Asos dresses, I think they are quite cute! I can link the specific ones I have if you want but they have tons of nice ones for summer.
    Baby Birthday Ticker TickerMarried DW <3 08.2013; AI 2x; IUI 6x; IUI #7 05.2015; DD born 2.2016 o:); Reciprocal IVF FET #1 on 11.18.2020 
  • @hannelorre can I know which one you got? I was debating getting one from there for a friend's wedding.

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickersLilypie Angel and Memorial tickersLilypie - YeTq
  • @cluckymama, I agree with the ladies above based on my prior experiences too.
  • @Kenneylynn3 I had gotten this one https://www.pinkblushmaternity.com/products/forest-green-lace-mesh-overlay-maternity-maxi-dress. The lace feels cheap and fits funny around the armpit. 

@claireloSC I'll check out Asos! 

@cyanope pls let me know! 

@cluckymama I think I ended up mostly naked except for my bra during the last labor bc we were in the shower for some of it. Very vague memories only at this point. That is to say... wear the hospital ones during the labor but buy cute dress/robe for the after!!
  • @cluckymama agree with everything above. You’ll want to burn that gown by the time you are done. I labored in the gown before my c-section but had a cute robe for everything after. Maybe you can do that route? 

@hannelorre Rent the Runway has a maternity line. It is great for events! 
  • ClobertClobert member
    @cluckymama I would use a hospital gown if they were provided, but I’m going to a birth center and have to wear my own clothes.  Last time I wore an ekouer nightgown but I think I’m going to go for one of the actual birthing gown, either kindred bravely or gownies or frida mom.  I haven’t decided yet.  I think the most important thing is a big easy opening in the front for skin to skin after birth and if you’re at a hospital and might get an epidural make sure there’s back access (gownies has that).
  • Blegh.  Anyone else's "morning" sickness back in full force?? I have been so nauseous the last few days!  It never totally went away but was definitely better for a few weeks!  Now that I've eaten up my deductible already I think I might go back on Diclegis.  It was SO expensive when my insurance renewed in January and I had a full deductible again! 

• @ladyk127 YES! I feel a bit better this week, but last week I felt like I was stuck in first tri land again. All I could manage to eat for dinner was cereal. It was miserable.
  • Okay, you ladies officially scared me away of buying my own laboring gown.     :D:D:D Ha Thanks! but I do like the idea of @surrenderdorothy and maybe labor in something comfy and then switch over when it gets closer! 

@ladyk127 Mine comes randomly back sometimes... I usually try and just snack around and that helps. 
  • @cluckymama I ended up labouring mostly in the shower and then otherwise just in a nursing bra and nothing else 😂 

I did, however, have a nice dressing gown (was actually my getting ready dressing gown from my wedding) that I wore over a nursing tank for photos in the hospital after baby arrived and when my Dad brought our oldest in to meet baby. 

@ladyk127 mine is also feeling worse these days, not sure if it’s the worsening heartburn combined with average nausea that makes it seem worse overall again? But I’m still on Diclectin. 
  • @cluckymama @pickle-chips @surrenderdorothy
    yes it might be the heartburn making it worse for me too. Chocolate gives me the worst heartburn. I absolutely feel like I’m back in the first trimester the last few days. 
    Last night I had Buffalo wings. It’s what I wanted and then was up all night. That one is on me though lol 

• I've been nauseous too! I keep asking DW to clean the bathroom sink because it's making me gag...it's been three days and it still hasn't happened.  :| It's not that gross but I am just a delicate flower right now.
    Baby Birthday Ticker TickerMarried DW <3 08.2013; AI 2x; IUI 6x; IUI #7 05.2015; DD born 2.2016 o:); Reciprocal IVF FET #1 on 11.18.2020 
  • “Morning” sickness in full force over here this evening. I keep thinking it’s fine, and I’ll go like 5 or 6 days with no issue, then all of a sudden... 
    TMI warning, but the worst part is that after having 2 kids already, my pelvic floor muscles aren’t what they used to be, and no matter how recently I went to the bathroom, I end up peeing myself every time I vomit. So that’s always extra fun to clean up. 
  • @CapricaAndrea I've had only one full term pregnancy, but everytime I vomit I'm sitting on the toilet and throwing up in the trash can put I would be peeing myself. 

• @cluckymama I labored I’m the hospital gown and then after we got into the recovery room and I got to shower I had some nursing/recovery gowns that I wore the rest of the time I was in the hospital. 
  • cyanopecyanope member
    @ladyk127, I've been struggling too. The heartburn makes it AWFUL. I haven't thrown up in over a month, and then threw up twice last week. The heartburn is the worst part of pregnancy for me, hands down!
  • @Kenneylynn3 I might have to put a bucket in the bathroom for that express purpose! 
  • @surrenderdorothy, this is old but I didn’t want to end up not responding. I haven’t ordered but I keep looking at Kindred Bravely too. They’re offering 25% off pajamas right now for pajamas until Mother’s Day with code celebratemom so it’s tempting. 

I was looking this hospital bag offer they have until May 9th for $150 that keeps popping up on my Facebook and was starting to customize.  It that comes with a compartmented tote, a gown that snaps in front and back, nursing tank, sleep/nursing bra, 5 pairs of postpartum undies, a robe, and non-skid socks.  Again though, it’s $150 for me not to know about quality so I just fret over spending on that. I haven’t checked to make sure it’s still available though. 

@ashsowers2020, those swimsuits are super cute! I love the polka dots!
    Pregnancy Ticker

• My heartburn comes and goes but this nausea is just something else this pregnancy!

• I just bought this one too but have not received it yet! I will let you know when I get it and how it fits. 

Whats everyone's plan for laboring gowns? I have always used the hospitals but I was thinking of getting something better this time around. The hospital gowns are so stiff and itchy. 
    Okay, I got the suit and tried it on. It fit pretty tts but the smell was oofta. It was a strong chemical smell. Hopefully a good wash will get it out, but over all it is very cute. 
  • @cluckymama thanks for the feedback. I did end up purchasing that one too. It should be here tomorrow.
  • Anyone have podcast recommendations?  I have a couple for post birth but looking maybe something more birth focused. Thanks!
  • Have any of you looked into a meal delivery service (or used one before) for after baby comes home? I’m looking to simplify that transition & not have to worry about cooking! 🤪
  • Have any of you looked into a meal delivery service (or used one before) for after baby comes home? I’m looking to simplify that transition & not have to worry about cooking! 🤪
    I haven’t looked at that, but I have been getting myself organized to have some frozen pans of things like lasagna, shepherds pie, other pastas, or some other casseroles that DH can pop in the oven and pair with some steamed veggies or a salad.  I got this idea because that was one of the baby gifts that two of my friends gave me with DD.  3 frozen entrees, then the sides so that I had enough food then leftovers for a week.  
    Pregnancy Ticker

• @loloyoyo26 I did a couple weeks worth of freezer meals after my son & could definitely do that this time around as well. I was just hoping to find something easier! Maybe later on we can get a thread going for our fav freezer recipes!
  • Some places have like full meal delivery you just heat up, something like that would be ideal. I do use meal kits in my daily life because otherwise DW does all the cooking and hates me, so this works for us. I use Gobble because the prep is very limited and it's a lot easier than other kits plus it's delicious. But it definitely costs more than others, I just dgaf honestly. Now that I'm graduating from school I may re-evaluate but it's been great to have throughout this last semester. @fitmomma1989

• @claireloSC Yes, I was thinking of the full meal delivery that we just heat up. I don’t want to have to put together the meals, at least for the  first couple weeks 🤪 a friend told me Sun Basket offers this. I quickly browsed, but the ready to heat meals didn’t look like stuff my kids would want to eat. I’ll have to look into Gobble. Thank you! 
  • We have a couple places like that around here, google catering and see what you can find. Otherwise takeout/delivery is an option but I find you sort of get sick of eating takeout all the time after a week or two. @fitmomma1989 Gobble does have some prep and cooking, so probably better for after the first month or so. Here's a link if you want to try it: https://app.gobble.com/referral/G0BNkZlWJ

• Anyone have any experience treating pelvic girdle pain? It literally feels like someone kicked me in the vagina. Everytime I walk, if I'm standing for too long. Just a constant pain and soreness. I work full time, on my feet 8 hrs a day, this will be a long 15 weeks if I can't do something about the pain. I am planning on calling my midwife on Monday for advice. Just wondering if anyone else is experiencing this. 
  • grogugrogu member
    @ematurn23 100% a pelvic floor physio and an SI belt in the meantime. 
    I had it with my daughter at 23 weeks and this time from 13 weeks. 

It's such an awful pain. I just did the farmers market and walked for 10 mins, I'm done now and will stay on bed for most of the day because I've aggravated my SPD 
  • @fitmomma1989, that makes sense. I hope I can be that dedicated to buy myself some time this time around.  I did breakfast burritos with DD and that’s as far as I got with pre-prepped meals but it was still great to have.  DH will cook if he has to, but generally resorts to processed convenience foods combined into a meal. 🤦🏽‍♀️

I hope we also get a freezer meal thread going. 
    Pregnancy Ticker