June 2021 Moms

Annoying Things Others Say to Pregnant People 🤬

Re: Annoying Things Others Say to Pregnant People 🤬

• @halfanewt No. 
    History and blog link in spoiler
    2016 - dx with super low ovarian reserve; failed cycle with clomid, failed IUI, 
    2017 - egg retrieval #1 - 3 eggs, 0 embryos appropriate for transfer; ER #2 2 eggs, 0 embryos on day 3; ER #3 1 egg 0 embryos
    moved to donor egg in summer 2017; 35 eggs retrieved; 19 fertilized; 9 total embryos
    Fresh transfer Dec 2017= BFP!  baby boy born 8/22/18

May 2019 - surprise natural pregnancy ended in MC
    Nov 2019 FET; MC at 9 weeks
    May 2020 FET; BFN
    July 2020 FET; CP treated with methotrexate
    Oct 2020 BFP! 

Take a look at my blog

• Loading the player...
  • @_orchid_ Thats so true! Life wont be like this forever. We aren't going to put our plans on hold for COVID.
  • People keep talking to me about having a third. I’m like umm no.... 2 is good, I’m already AMA, and I fully plan on getting a tubal during my csection.
    Me: 38, DH: 37
    Married: 8/10/13
    BFP- 12/18/15, D&E- 4/8/16 @ 21w5d- confirmed Thanatophoric Dysplasia
    BFP- 11/7/17, M/C- 11/18/17 @ 4w6d
    BFP- 8/25/18 ~ EDD- 5/9/19 ~ DD born 5/2/20 *Lillian Hazel*
    BFP- 10/9/20 ~ EDD- 6/21/21

• @halfanewt nope nope nope... that is just horrible. 
  • @MelissaMay82 on MHs side of the family all the grandkids are boys.  When we told my MIL we were having a second boy she immediately said something about trying for a girl.  I shut her down real quick telling her my tubal is already scheduled with my csection lol.  She had the audacity to looked offended. 
  • @rvamom90 same re: RCS and dh getting snipped!! Are you getting a tubal? I keep telling my drs I don't want one bc it's on him now
  • @laurad75 MH is convinced that he doesn't need to get one now since we had secondary infertility and conceived via IVF. I am going to have to just implement a sex ban until he comes to his senses, because if we have a third it is going to be from our remaining embryo and not from a "less than 1% chance" oopsie!
    *TTC History*

Me: 37, MH: 38; Married August 2017

TTC #1 October 2017: BFP on 12/1/2017, DD born 7/24/2018 @ 37+1 after induction due to preeclampsia

TTC #2 January 2020: AMA, dx with DOR in May 2020

IVF July 2020: 16 eggs retrieved, 14 mature, 12 fertilized, 3 blasts, 2 PGT-A normal

FET 10/7/20: BFP on 10/12/20!!! (EDD 6/25/21); First beta 10/16/20 (9dpt): 148; Second beta 10/19/20 (12dpt): 621; Third beta 10/26/20 (19dpt): 4732; Fourth (and final!) beta 11/2/20 (26 dpt): 22,000+

• @legallykate Feel free to tell him this story (in spoiler because TW).

At one point DH did say to me 'do you really want me to get a vasectomy?  And I said 'do you really want me to have to continue taking more hormones after all the IVF meds I was on?'  No.  

After DS was born we just moved ahead assuming I couldn't get pregnant without IVF (DS and this baby were both conceived via donor egg IVF - same batch).  I even remember becoming very annoyed with a nurse who asked what we would be using for birth control after he was born.  I was 43 with no eggs... I didn't need birth control.  Fast forward to the following May when what I thought was a regular period became very heavy bleeding and then I passed tissue - it was a miscarriage.  I had stopped bf a few months before so I didn't think anything of it when I didn't get a true period.  I had a hard time with it emotionally.  I felt a lot of guilt for not knowing I was pregnant and how should I feel because I didn't have an opportunity to accept that there was a baby.  It turns out I can get pregnant on my own...I just can't have a baby.  Total mindf*ck.  
    History and blog link in spoiler
    2016 - dx with super low ovarian reserve; failed cycle with clomid, failed IUI, 
    2017 - egg retrieval #1 - 3 eggs, 0 embryos appropriate for transfer; ER #2 2 eggs, 0 embryos on day 3; ER #3 1 egg 0 embryos
    moved to donor egg in summer 2017; 35 eggs retrieved; 19 fertilized; 9 total embryos
    Fresh transfer Dec 2017= BFP!  baby boy born 8/22/18

May 2019 - surprise natural pregnancy ended in MC
    Nov 2019 FET; MC at 9 weeks
    May 2020 FET; BFN
    July 2020 FET; CP treated with methotrexate
    Oct 2020 BFP! 

Take a look at my blog

• What?!?! @angelz429 now I'm scared. MH is having a vasectomy before June. 
  • @_orchid_ No, I had a traumatic unexpected c-section last time that required a blood transfusion so I refuse to be open longer than necessary. DH will definitely be going to all of the follow up appointments to ensure he's shooting blanks. 🤣
  • @angelz429 One of my mother's colleagues had a surprise 3rd after her husband had a vasectomy (or maybe it was a surprise 4th?), so it's not unheard of....
  • Not to freak anyone out but my cousin’s wife had a surprise 4th AFTER a tubal. It must’ve been just clipped. 

She wasn’t feeling well for weeks and went to the doctor and they were like yeah you’re pregnant. Total shock!

• There's 100% a reason I'm getting my tubes removed after this one instead of getting a standard tubal or vasectomy and these comments just reaffirm that decision. I've already talked it through with my ObGyn and signed consent forms for it.
    TTC History- *TW* LC
    Me: 24 Dh: 46
    Married: 10.2018
    DS #1: 06.2014
    Hyperemesis Gravidarum (HG), Emergency C-Section
    MC: 03.2017- 5 Weeks
    Rainbow DS #2: 07.2018
    HG, 19w Fetal Surgery, 24w PPROM, 33w Placental Abruption, Partial Uterine Rupture, Emergency C-Section
    NICU, Chronic Kidney Disease
    TTC #3: Medically Cleared 12.5.2019, had a bunch of problems and wonky cycles
    BFP 10.13.2020 EDD: 6.26.2021

October 2020 TTGP Signature Challenge: Pets in Costumes

• @mc0303 That happened to a woman in a local mom group I'm in. Hers was a surprise 7th! 
  • @mc0303 @angelz429 😮 well maybe I'm rethinking just the snip 😳

@rvamom90 ♥️ totally understandable. I'm sorry your last csection was so traumatic. I hope this one is much, much better for you. 
  • I’m planning on a tubal when I have my csection.
    Me: 38, DH: 37
    Married: 8/10/13
    BFP- 12/18/15, D&E- 4/8/16 @ 21w5d- confirmed Thanatophoric Dysplasia
    BFP- 11/7/17, M/C- 11/18/17 @ 4w6d
    BFP- 8/25/18 ~ EDD- 5/9/19 ~ DD born 5/2/20 *Lillian Hazel*
    BFP- 10/9/20 ~ EDD- 6/21/21

• @_orchid_ yeah... DH and his younger brother were surprise 3rd and 4th babies after FIL had a vasectomy. Granted that was the ‘80’s..
  • @angelz429 wow!! I cant beleive your H said that to you 😡 Im sorry. How rude! Amen to that cute middle finger girl 🤣😆 
  • @angelz429 We got a puppy for our oldest for Christmas and I know the feeling. Ours has just started sleeping through the night in the last couple of weeks thank goodness, but the first few weeks my husband and I were wondering what we had done lol. Our son sleeps 12-13 hours so having a puppy wake us up in the middle of the night 6 months before having another baby seemed crazy. Glad we aren’t the only ones on the crazy train 😉

I can’t imagine having a puppy and all of the other things you having going on. I fall asleep on the couch at 8 just from a toddler and the puppy and work lol. You’re doing great!
  • @angelz429 yikes! You are way more reserved than I would have been. I can't believe he had the audacity to say that. 
  • At least it was in jest and he made it up to you!! 🤣🤣
  • A lady at the hospital, I do not work directly with her, asks me every day what I “fed the baby today”. It doesn’t matter what I say, it’s not enough or not good enough. It’s none of your business what I fed this baby!! I am growing and my dr is happy with how we are doing. 
  • @sgrn18 rude!! It is so hard to eat as healthy as you “should” while pregnant. I can only force so much food down that I don’t actually want. I worked from home in my last pregnancy so people had less opinions to give this go around everyone has an opinion about everything.
  • @sgrn18 whoa that is not ok!! even if a friend said that jokingly, I’d be stunned. 
  • when I was pregnant with DS1 I worked in sales and worked the 11am-7pm shift. When I got in a would stop in the cafe and grab a pear and a bagel and go to my office to eat while I checked morning emails and voicemails. It was kind of a weird time because it had been a few hours since breakfast, but I wouldn't be eating a lunch until closer to 3, so I had to eat something or I'd start to feel sick and tired. Well one day my boss came over to me while I was picking out my pear and said, "If you don't do anything else around here you make sure to eat." I was sooo peeved. She also told me when I was about 20 weeks pregnant that I didn't look pregnant I just looked like I ate a sack of potatoes...
  • @mindyb2019 what an odd comment! Old people say the strangest things.
  • @klj0228 right??? My thoughts exactly. Such an odd comment to say. Old people definitely say the strangest things indeed 😆 I've heard it all. 😳 
  • Toddlers are also blunt and have no filter. 🤣🤣  
  • @mc0303 ugh, I am not the best at holding things in with my in-laws so I probably would have actually said what you are thinking. Also, kids are great judges of character so he is probably onto something.