September 2021 Moms
Options

The Great Big Questions Thread

Re: The Great Big Questions Thread

• Options
    Has everyone told their SO? 

I feel like we need a new thread for that! I’m looking for ideas, I haven’t told him! ( I’m shocked I haven’t spilled the news yet!)
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    @arrowmama I told DH right away I had a couple people I wanted to share the news with so he had to be the first to know.  I had thought about saving it for Christmas, but I couldn't. 

Pregnancy Ticker

• Options
    @grizzlymama86 that is absolutely adorable.
  • Options
    @arrowmama I told my husband right away. He knew I'd had a negative test a few days earlier but didn't believe it because I just felt so off. So when I got my first positive I told him that I might be pregnant but that I didn't trust the test because it came up positive so fast lol took another one the next day and it came up positive almost immediately so I went downstairs where he was playing with our son and told them that our boy was going to be a big brother  :)
  • Options
    @arrowmama I blurted it right out for DD and I was so determined to do something cute this time. Epic fail. I knew we were trying so I ordered a cute “big sister” tee on Etsy and the stupid shirt took forever to arrive. The tracking kept saying delayed. When I got a confirmed BFP I lasted about 10 hours before I finally (yet again) just blurted it out!!’ Two days later... the shirt showed up. 
  • Options
    @runningonindie I’m not sure how I’ve kept it a secret! 

I think I just didn’t want the baby to be over shadowed by our covid battle. But I’m only going to be able to pass this nausea and exhaustion off on covid for so long!

I’m picking up a custom onesie tomorrow that says ”new to the crew” and some neutral things from target. Now if I can escape the house alone tomorrow 😂
  • Options
    @arrowmama how long have you been feeling covid symptoms? My father just tested positive yesterday. He has to stay quarantined for 2 weeks... 
  • Options
    @runningonindie my husband and 3 year old tested positive 1/8.

I started symptoms on 1/10 and tested positive 1/11. my 6 year old had symptoms and was negative but tested positive on. 1/13.

it feels like it’s NEVER ending! 

Good luck to your dad. Don’t let him sleep or lay recliner on his back! 

• Options
    @arrowmama I’m going to echo what @emeraldcity1214 said. Going out (even for curbside pickup) is running the risk of exposing an innocent person to COVID. My brother got it from the grocery store, then exposed five people before getting symptoms. Please stay in your home until you’re symptom free!
  • Options
    @arrowmama @runningoncookies @emeraldcity1214 - I believe patients are told to quarantine for 10 days from the day they tested positive (at least here in NJ) - so that would put her at day 12. I know in other states it’s 14 days from positive test, which would be friday. Unfortunately symptoms can linger for much longer but you CAN return out after the 10 to 14 day quarantine period. 
  • Options
    @runningonindie I agree with @krash_, it’s better to be more conservative just in case and go by the date of the last positive test in your household. Or day off onset of symptoms if you happen to not get tested but know you have been exposed to someone who has tested positive. 
  • Options
    @arrowmama I can't even imagine how tough that must be! I hope your remaining days fly by (and you all feel better). 
  • Options
    @arrowmama I'm sorry that you needed to explain yourself to a bunch of strangers on the internet. I hate that. I hope you all are holding up ok.
  • Options
    @law_and_little1 Wow...When people are talking about going out in public shopping when they have COVID it becomes a sensitive topic. She shouldn’t have posted about it if she didn’t want to explain it to all the internet strangers. 

• Options
    @emeraldcity1214 I see her obligations to the internet strangers a bit differently. But I also will not engage in an argument about it further than this-- otherwise the questions thread will be diverted too far off topic. 
  • Options
    it’s super tricky. My father tested positive a few days ago and my mom negative... if symptoms pop up for my mom then they are told quarantine begins at onset of moms symptoms which I believe someone mentioned above? I have faith that anyone with covid (especially pregnant with covid) is doing the right thing. I even trust my parents now that they have it in their household, and I’ve spent MONTHS being annoyed by how few precautions they’ve taken. Especially as a mom to a kid with a compromised respiratory system. We haven’t seen them nearly as much as we normally do because of how they behave. But it’s crazy how the tables turn as soon as they have it......
  • Options
    @law_and_little1 You are the one who got all snarky in this thread. I’m just telling you how ridiculous it was. If you don’t want someone responding to your snark.....don’t be snarky. There wasn’t anything wrong with the comments we made about her leaving her house. It would have been left at that if you hadn’t of come in on your white horse. 
  • Options
    @emeraldcity1214 I felt inclined to express my thoughts to arrowmama so I did. It's that simple. You didn't like it. That's fine. Arguing about it is what is ridiculous. I choose to move on. 
  • Options
    @law_and_little1 You expressed your thoughts while making a dig at other members. 
  • Options
    On a lighter note, I am looking to start doing some structured exercise.  Does anyone have any recommendations? Looking for something I can do from home with out equipment, preferably something that could also engage a toddler.  
  • Options
    @deziraywatt I have been doing a prenatal barre class from Beachbody. It’s great and my 6 yo does it with me. 
  • Options
    @deziraywatt - I recommend the FitOn app which has tons of free workout videos and programs to choose from. 
  • Options
    @law_and_little1 I just saw an ad for that and was very intrigued. Thanks for the recommendation!! 
  • Options
    @muggsd you're welcome! There is a ton to explore for free, and of course a paid version if you end up loving it enough.
  • Options
    @deziraywatt - for I believe $20 a month you can join Peloton without the bike. You have access to all their classes, including some specifically geared toward prenatal. There’s strength, core, runs, arms, yoga, meditation.... we use the app almost as much as we use the bike in our house and we could see how having the app only could also be super beneficial for someone! I think what I like most are the instructors.
  • Options
    Thank you ladies, I will definitely look into those.  Once work starts up again I probably won't need to exercise at home but until the spring I should probably at least try to stay active.  
  • Options
    Talk to me about cleaning products!  I think my son rolled in dirt then climbed in the tub every night for the past five days. The ring around it is gross!  I definitely don't want to use my normal chemical-filled cleaners, and I'm not feeling motivated enough to make my own.  What brands do y'all recommend for household cleaning?
  • Options
    @grizzlymama86 for bad ring around the tub I use a magic eraser. I'm not sure what's in it but it works. Otherwise I usually just use microfiber cloths and a vinegar/water mix. I follow a cleaning account on IG (gocleanco) and she uses powdered tide and water, like a paste, for just about everything and has even shown cleaning the oily mess of a bath bomb out of the tub with it so I would definitely try that. 
    *TW LC*
    Me & MH: 32
    DS: 6/1/18 (Pre-E; IUGR; seizures; NICU)
    TTC #2: 12/2019
    Sept 2020: HSG possible blocked right tube
    Nov 2020: Letrozole + TI - BFN
    Dec 2020: Letrozole + TI - BFP!!! EDD 9/18

• Options
    edited January 2021
    @grizzlymama86 The best way to keep your tubs clean is to clean it after every bath. I use a magic eraser on my non-ceramic tubs. My ceramic tubs I wipe down using a regular sponge. Once a week I use a dawn/vinegar solution when I wipe them down. My tubs are all white with no rings. 

ETA: porcelain not ceramic. 
  • Options
    Yes, I have the same problem. My bloat is so bad not even my sweat pants fit anymore. Its pretty disgusting. Have tried mint tea, ginger tea, gasx, etc. all in an attempt to reduce it but honestly nothing has helped.