August 2021 Moms
Options

Introductions

Re: Introductions

• Options
    @chicagomommy17 Wecome! Not sure if you're mobile-bumping or not, so my info might not make sense, depending on your platform. I updated my profile to say I was pregnant (I was active on the TTGP forum before this) and it asked me which BMB I wanted to join. So this one is bookmarked for me whenever I own the app. Hope that makes sense and is helpful!
  • Options
    Due date? Mid August

How did you find out? TTC and had a very strong feeling about this time. Went out and got early test. Nothing, which usually would've discouraged me but I tried again a few days later and there was a faint line.

Tell us about yourself (Other children/pets?Job? Things you like to do? Spouse/partner?) Married teacher w a dog

TW: Had a MC at 6 weeks in March

First appointment? Any symptoms? Not for a few weeks! So until then I am just taking in all the info and trying not to be worried. I re-tested again once. Tons of food/smell aversions. Super tender breasts after sleep.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    @Panaceia thank you, that does help
    to think about! Happy to see a familiar mama here as well! 
  • Options
    @mamabear67 I love pits. I had a brindle male growing up and he was the best dog. 
  • Options
    @emmylou78 & @bmo88 Yay! I've been stalking the TTGP TWW threads! So happy to see you guys here 

@emmylou78 my due date is Aug 26 or 27th depending on my O date ❤️❤️
  • Options
    Thanks @baby_yoda1986 and @bmo88! I hope you saw my discreet love tit on your intro a week or so ago! Congrats to you too!! 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    PanaceiaPanaceia member
    edited December 2020
    @joellelamb I'm 41 and in the GTA as well...also going in to lockdown on Monday...I wonder if we're in the same city....?

ETA Good luck on Monday!!!! I still have about a month before my first u/s.
  • Options
    @obsessedwithoranges I don’t know how I missed your intro!!  I saw your name in another post and was like “I know her!!!” 
  • Options
    @Panaceia that’s amazing! We must be in the same city, I think ours is the only one going into lockdown Monday? If we are, that’s insane and such a small world! Haha!

Looking forward to getting to know you and sharing our journeys. 
  • Options
    @joellelamb Right? Crazy! I made some amazing friends in my last bmb who are in TO but I've never had anyone in my city before! So exciting!!!
  • Options
    How early do most people go in for their betas? 
  • Options
    @kiwimangohoneylemon With my girls I went at 4 weeks. With my MMCs I went at like 3+4 and 3+6. This time I couldn't get an appointment until tomorrow (I'll be 4+6). 
  • Options
    I have 0 appts until 9 weeks and now I am worried...
  • Options
    @kiwimangohoneylemon Don't be worried! I only get betas because of my loss history. They didn't even tell me my numbers with my first, and I don't do repeats so the number basically means nothing. Betas are really not needed. If it makes you feel better I don't have my first u/s until 12+2 and I'm both high risk for age (41) as well as loss history.
  • Options
    pickle-chipspickle-chips member
    edited December 2020
    @kiwimangohoneylemon with my first two pregnancies I didn't have any betas done* at all. My first appointment for both was around the 9 week mark. At that point they gave me the requisition for a blood draw to be done between 9-13 weeks, which was part of their normal screening for immunities, STDs, etc. The only reason my doctor is sending me for betas before 9 weeks this time is because of a recent loss in October.
    I think it can depend on your care provider as well as your situation, but certainly in my experience with a presumable low risk pregnancy, no appointments until 9 weeks is normal and nothing to be concerned about. That doesn't mean the waiting isn't hard though! 
    *Edit to clarify: they did check HCG levels at the 9-13 week blood draw, but they were never reported to me. 
  • Options
    @kiwimangohoneylemon same boat here. This is my first time getting betas for a pregnancy. I'm on my 6th pregnancy with only one living child. Totally normal to not have a first appt until after 8 weeks. If you have a previous loss history or had fertility treatments you are more likely to have earlier appts.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickersLilypie Angel and Memorial tickersLilypie - YeTq
  • Options
    @kiwimangohoneylemon don’t stress! I’ve never had an appointment before 9 wks and this is my 3rd baby. 
  • Options
    @gingermama29 Welcome! Good to see you here!
  • Options
    @gingermama29 welcome fellow ginger! :blush:
  • Options
    @gingermama29 congratulations and welcome!
  • Options
    I had one loss. It was early on before 7 weeks
  • Options
    Thanks mama! 😊😊 so glad I joined this group!
  • Options
    The waaaiting! I also am trying to surprise my husband and it is soo obvious with my food aversions and cravings! I guess I already had some before, but... I was going to tell him the 25th, but I think I will have to go with the 24th!
  • Options
    Welcome! How is teaching going with the nausea and current state of schools?
  • Options
    @jbuck909 welcome! Were you Feb 17 BMB with your 3 year old?? I recognize your SN (Mine was floatingelephy at the time).