June 2020 Moms

The ultrasound thread

1235»

Re: The ultrasound thread

• @runwmusic congrats she’s a cutie already!
  • I had my ultrasound today! I’m almost 20 weeks! It was so cool to see the baby moving! We aren’t finding out the sex, but baby looked so cute in there and was sucking it’s thumb and moving like crazy! They found some blebs on the babies brain.. my dr said not to worry too much about it as it’s common, but wanted to tell us that it’s a soft marker for a genetic chromosomal abnormality 😫 she asked if we wanted to do genetic testing and I still said no. She said the baby looked perfect and was measuring perfect. Has anyone else’s baby had these show up in their ultrasound? 
  • Loading the player...
  • Here is a pic of my cutie!! 
  • @cookiemonstermomma11 Both my kids had some of those, and they had no complications or conditions. 
    1st born at 35+4 on 6/6/16
    Team green turned BLUE!
    2nd born at 38+6 on 8/30/18 
    Team green turned PINK!
    Due with #3 on 6/6/20 Team Green

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Pregnancy Ticker
  • @cookiemonstermomma11 My DS1 had some borderline brain measurements around anatomy scan time, too, and we had a follow up scan to remeasure them later. He's fine! When he finally started growing, he seemed put all of his growing into his head at first  :D so we got another scan when he was a couple months old and was also fine aside from complaining about the gel/goo in his hair. <3 He still has a great big noggin.  Hopefully your babe's blebs are nothing to worry about and turn into a funny story later. 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • @cookiemonstermomma11 similar, DS had a spot on his heart that was a soft marker as well. They offered to refer me to an mfm for a 4d ultrasound but we declined ultimately because 1) they wouldn’t have done anything other than confirm it was there and 2) it wouldn’t have changed anything for me personally regarding the pregnancy. We had a follow up ultrasound at 32 weeks to see whether it had grown, it had not, DS is healthy. 
  • @pourmeanothermocktail omg good to hear you had that too! I’m not that worried but my husband is def more worried than me! I bet everything will be fine! I’m glad yours turned out okay too! 

@kyrwyn I’m so glad yours outgrew them and turned out fine! I hope that’s the case for me too! I guess we will wait and see! My dr didn’t even seem concerned or wanting to do another ultrasound later! 
  • @ladybird5617
    I really hope that I get a picture that is as great as the nose/mouth one! So happy to hear that all is well over there. I'll go for my 20w scan next Monday! Super excited about it :)
  • @alli392 @runwmusic
    I'm with you as well. I don't mind the wives tales, even if they don't have too much truth to them most of the time! I think they are fun and it sometimes takes away from some of the more serious discussions we have on here. I personally hand pick the wives tales that favour the gender that I would like! haha
    Anyway, 5 days until we (hopefully) find out! 

• 20 week ultrasound today! Baby is confirmed boy! The tech told me nothing and but I have a phone appointment with my Doctor on Tuesday so hopefully I will find out more soon. I think everything is fine though. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • @FigTreeMama Congrats on a great scan. My first was having a freakin' dance party in there at his anatomy scan and I had no idea! The dance parties never stopped, either. He's one wiggly guy. 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • @kyrwyn My first is like that too! She moved nonstop in the womb and she never stops moving now either. :)
  • Just had my anatomy scan at 19 weeks! We are having a baby girl!! Baby was sleeping for what feels like the first time all week (she usually moves like CRAZY! Constant kicks and rolls! Her kicks are strong enough to move my phone when I balance it on my tummy and I am hoping my husband will be able to feel her this week!) Unfortunately we didn't get a good profile picture of her, she was tucked in a ball very low behind my hip bone. With so much empty space in my abdomen you would think she would spread out a little! Luckily the doctor said everything looks perfect and she is growing right on schedule!

This whole pregnancy thing is finally starting to feel real and set in, in a few months we will be holding our sweet baby girl and I cannot wait! 
  • Hi, knottie. 

Congrats on your great scan and welcome to the community. Please see the thread on how to change your username, so that we can recognize your posts and get to know you a bit better. 
    Pregnancy Ticker

• Anatomy scan at 19+3. All looked good, confirmed girl, weighing 10 ounces. She looks like her big brother!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • @thinkpositive2017
    Congrats on the scan! Looks adorable from what I can see! :)
  • Had my anatomy scan today at 20 weeks and 5 days. It was at the hospital and the tech said she wasn’t allowed to tell us anything, that they send the DR the results. All seemed good though. The baby was at a weird angle and it was hard to get a good profile view and heart view. The tech had me cough, laugh, rub the sides of my belly and she was pushing harder with the ultrasound and then baby finally turned and she was able to get everything she needed. We didn’t want to know the gender and she said the legs were crossed and she couldn’t get a good look anyway. 
  • Anatomy scan yesterday at 20+4. Will edit with photo when I get a chance.

Baby is healthy, everything looks like it's growing as expected, we avoided checking sex. Baby is nestled in to the exact same position of older siblings- frank breech, sitting with both hands and feet in face, looking straight outward from just under my ribs. Neither of my others moved from that position until at least 36 weeks (my first was born breech just before 36 weeks!). But my midwife is OK with vaginal breech if it gets to that. So I'm at peace.

*disclaimer* for most people position now at 20 weeks has absolutely no relation to position at birth. Most babies are still doing constant flips and spins until closer to 36 weeks. I'm a strange case-there is obviously something about my very short torso, tilted uterus, and overall internal shape that tends to support breech position. Again, I'M WEIRD, not at all the norm here. 
    Team green turned BLUE!
    Team green turned PINK!

Pregnancy Ticker
  • @pourmeanothermocktail Glad to hear about the good scan, and sorry to hear that this one's starting off breech, too. Turn, baby, turn! I hope they go head down for you by the time it's getting-ready-to-go time. 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • kyrwyn said:
    @pourmeanothermocktail Glad to hear about the good scan, and sorry to hear that this one's starting off breech, too. Turn, baby, turn! I hope they go head down for you by the time it's getting-ready-to-go time. 
    Thanks! I really was much more physically comfortable the last two weeks where my second was head down, they're the only two weeks I've experienced with a head-down baby. But hey, healthy baby, no placenta placement or safety issues? I'll accept breech if that's the way baby needs to be. Turning would be easier maybe, but, I'm at peace with it. 
    Team green turned BLUE!
    Team green turned PINK!

Pregnancy Ticker

• Confirmed boy. He is measuring ahead and everything with him is perfect. I have a VERY low lying placenta so yeah for another ultrasound in 8 weeks.  
  • 19 week scan this morning! Everything looked perfect! Breech baby, butt first. Hopefully will move her butt before her bday.  So very happy and grateful. She was playing with her umbilical cord the whole time,  it was adorable 
  • Same as me im 1cm away from the opening.. did you get told to do or not do anything special?? Just curious.. i have another scan at 30 weeks. 
  • I had my scan a few weeks ago but the app hasn’t been working properly for me for a while. Looks like we are having baby boy number 2! Thinking of naming him Lachlan James. Also Scottish sounding to go with our Callum Alexander.
  • Same as me im 1cm away from the opening.. did you get told to do or not do anything special?? Just curious.. i have another scan at 30 weeks. 
  • edited March 2020
    Our sweet little Babe, due June 27! 
  •  I had my 3D ultrasound with a date with a baby scan and the baby girl looks awesome! She is 1and weighs 11 lb, they said. The whole time, she was very involved, but the sonograph kept commenting about how cooperative she was.
    In Toronto, Etobicoke, Thornhill, Scarborough, Vaughan, Markham, Mississauga, North York, and East York, A Date With Baby is unquestionably the finest when it comes to providing high-quality 3D ultrasound offers.