May 2021 Moms
Options

Ultrasound Thread

Re: Ultrasound Thread

• Options
    Yay @yellingbanana sooooo exciting! Your ultrasound machine is great! My docs is so fuzzy, lol
    *Loss 8/2014*
    *Rainbow 8/2015*
    *Expected Rainbows 12/2018*
    *Loss of Twin 5/2018*

• Options
    @yellingbanana - Gaaaah, what a cute little babe you got cooking in there! Loved seeing your pics. Congrats!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    @kiki047 Yay!!! What great news!  <3
    *Loss 8/2014*
    *Rainbow 8/2015*
    *Loss of Twin 5/2018*

• Options
    @kiki047 AHHHHH i've been waiting for your name to pop up.  so glad you got the reassurance (and the recording!!) i would honestly listen to it on repeat too! when do you get to go back?
  • Options
    @kiki047 amazing news! hopefully these two weeks fly by for you!
  • Options
    @mrsomelette I’ve been waiting and hoping for you to come back!!! Yayyyyy!!! Congrats!!

I know we have a few other ladies that might be April deliveries due to c-sections who are sticking with our BMB so do what feels best for you!! (I peek at other months sometimes so hope to see you wherever you wind up). 

❤️❤️❤️
  • Options
    @mrsomelette That’s great news! Congratulations!
  • Options
    @mrsomelette CONGRATULATIONS!!! I have been waiting for your update and I'm so glad to see it's a positive update! You're obviously welcome to stay with us 😊
    Me:29 DH:30
    Married:10/2012
    TTC #1: 12/2017
  • Options
    @mrsomelette I’ve been waiting for this update! Yay!!!!! Feel free to stick around here  ;)
  • Options
    @mrsomelette yay! Now I just need you to stick with us!

TTC #1 since August 2015
    BFP #1 January 28, 2016
    EDD October 3, 2016
    Felicity Joy, born September 2, 2016
    My Chart
    TTC #2 Since August 2020
    BFP #2 September 11, 2020
    EDD May 23, 2021

• Options
    Oh that's such great news @mrsomelette!! So happy for you!!
  • Options
    @mrsomelette amazing news! So happy for you!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    @mrsomelette omg yay! I'm so thrilled! We're all invested, so now you must stay!
    *Loss 8/2014*
    *Rainbow 8/2015*
    *Loss of Twin 5/2018*

• Options
    @mrsomelette yayayayaay!!! Such great news! Definitely feel free to hang around with us!! 

• Options
    So happy @mrsomelette!!! 😃❤️

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

• Options
    YAY @mrsomelette!!!!! So incredibly happy to see your update. I had thought of you several times over the past week and was waiting and hoping for this. So happy for you! ♡♡♡
  • Options
    @ec1212 YAY! High little upside down bebe!
    *Loss 8/2014*
    *Rainbow 8/2015*
    *Loss of Twin 5/2018*

• Options
    No US yet, and it seems I won’t be getting one until 18-20 weeks :( I was offered a dating US if I’d like one for next week, but I’m not sure if it’s worth the cost right now. Would you mammas opt in to an elective US or just wait until the 5 month scan? 
  • Options
    @alarelish Have they been able to use the doppler and hear babies heartbeat? 
    *Loss 8/2014*
    *Rainbow 8/2015*
    *Loss of Twin 5/2018*

• Options
    @alarelish My Ob does an ultrasound at the first visit as a freebie and then one at 12 weeks that is billed to insurance and another at 20 weeks for the anatomy scan.  Last time I paid to have another around 15 weeks to find out the sex early. 

TTC #1 since August 2015
    BFP #1 January 28, 2016
    EDD October 3, 2016
    Felicity Joy, born September 2, 2016
    My Chart
    TTC #2 Since August 2020
    BFP #2 September 11, 2020
    EDD May 23, 2021

• Options
    @ccmrc143 look at that little baby!! That machine is so clear and I’m so jealous  :D Hopefully the spotting wasn’t anything and stops soon. 
  • Options
    texas_t said:
    @alarelish Have they been able to use the doppler and hear babies heartbeat? 
    No not yet. Yesterday was my first in person appointment, and they're dating me at 8+4 as of today. She said it'd be too early to hear the heartbeat so I was booked to go back in at 12 weeks for my full physical, pap smear, and that's when they'd use the doppler. 
  • Options
    mkc3888 said:
    @alarelish My Ob does an ultrasound at the first visit as a freebie and then one at 12 weeks that is billed to insurance and another at 20 weeks for the anatomy scan.  Last time I paid to have another around 15 weeks to find out the sex early. 
    I'm going through a midwife program this time around, and it's very different than the prior hospital system I used. I'm in a gap period for insurance (ugh) until January, so I'd be self pay. Not a huge deal, but the only ultrasounds they offer are an elective dating US, one at 12 weeks if they can't find the heartbeat, and then the anatomical scan at 18-20 weeks. So the only *officially ordered* one is at the 18-20 week mark. 
  • Options
    ruby0902ruby0902 member
    edited October 2020
    @alarelish -- if a $70 price tag is in your budget, I'd opt for the elective to give you peace of mind. It's definitely an individual decision though! For me personally, not knowing how things were going vs. knowing is worse and gives me anxiety. I used to think an elective ultrasound was really expensive, so I was surprised to find out it was in some cases, cheaper than when my "insurance covered it"!

*Edited to add:
    You should Google search "private ultrasound" for your area. I'm in Pennsylvania and was shocked to find a number of "entertainment" ultrasound places with impeccable reviews. Plus they're a lot more focused on the keepsake aspect so you have options for different pictures or videos, maybe even a stuffed animal with your baby's hb recorded which I think they can do after 9 weeks.
  • Options
    @Liz101015 looks like we share a bday 😊 I had no symptoms with my first pregnancy until about 12 weeks, enjoy it 🥰
  • Options
    Wow @ckmb_1250 - that's awesome!
  • Options
    @alarelish midwife programs can be great, I would be going through them if I didn’t have to have a c-section. Also, with my first, I was on state medical and they did a dating ultrasound around 11 weeks. I was reading all the books to prepare, and when I went in for my 20 week appointment and they informed me that they weren’t going to do anymore ultrasounds AT ALL, I was shocked. So I took my state medical and found myself a new provider that would give me a 20 wk ultrasound. Of course I was 23 weeks by then, and we went and paid for a private 3D ultrasound to find out the gender in the meantime. 
    The adventures in pregnancy are real! 

• Options
    @yellingbanana omg, they weren't going to do an anatomy scan???😱
    *Loss 8/2014*
    *Rainbow 8/2015*
    *Loss of Twin 5/2018*

• Options
    @texas_t nope! They said one was enough! And thank God I went and found another provider, as my baby was big, and had a huge head over the 100th percentile. They ended up inducing me when I went 4 days over my due date. Which didn’t end well anyways, but at least they were aware of the baby’s size and head size. 

• Options
    @yellingbanana I'm so glad you were able to change! Also, I feel ya on the big headed babies! 😂
    *Loss 8/2014*
    *Rainbow 8/2015*
    *Loss of Twin 5/2018*