May 2021 Moms

INTRODUCTIONS

Re: INTRODUCTIONS

• Loading the player...
  • @yellingbanana I have a similar concern to yours with the size of the baby and that being a complication. My first was 9lbs 14.5oz and it was not expected at all! I have to be careful and hopefully advocate for a growth ultrasound at some point with this pregnancy. My H was that big when he was born and it’s a similar traumatic birth story so it’s definitely a concern! Did you have a c section with baby #2 because of what happened with your first? 
  • @coastalmomma3 I’m also plus size and concerned about the complications that could bring. I was at an okay weight with my first (overweight but just slightly for my height) but gained a lot with her and didn’t really lose any of that. In fact I’m only like 10lbs lighter now than the day I gave birth in January 2018. 
  • @julianne0 DANG! That is a big baby! And yes, we went with c-section for the second partly because I had some ptsd from our first experience. But also because I did a LOT of research to find some top OBs and Hospitals, the OB I chose didn’t offer VBACs because of the risk. It ended up being a good decision, I suck at dilating 😆 went into labor with my 3rd for half a day before c-section- and wasn’t dilated a bit! 

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

• @julianne0 Did you have a c-section with yours? How many weeks were you when they were born? My first was 9lbs9oz at 41w 4d - failed induction that ended in a c-section.  Second baby was 9lbs6oz at 39w1d scheduled c.  No GD with either.
    *Loss 8/2014*
    *Rainbow 8/2015*
    *Expected Rainbows 12/2018*
    *Loss of Twin 5/2018*

• @yellingbanana I’ve heard it’s best to get a csection for subsequent births because of the risk of it happening again! I didn’t need one with my second because we had tonnnsssss of ultrasounds with her because she was considered high risk because of the NT scan! 
    @texas_t no csection! For either baby. I was 41w. I was pushing for 3.5 hours, which apparently should’ve been an indicator that she was big. She got stuck at the shoulders. She was pretty distressed when they got her out and was quiet but then screamed a lot but other than that there were no issues with her
  • @BumpAdmin Can we please get this stickied? 
  • @sienna221 welcome! Same due date as you based on LMP but won't know real date until my first appointment. I also have barely any symptoms if it makes you feel better! I had some just barely last week (extra tired/hungry/ thirsty, boobs hurt) but they all went away and haven't come back - though I'm starting to get tired again. 

Happy you enjoyed your vaca!!

• @caitb13 welcome! My daughter is a January 2018 baby. I think their age gap is going to be really nice!
  • @caitb13 that is my due date also. But, my older two children were early, so I wouldn't be surprised if this little one is early too.
  • @gusgus14 I think so too! 

• @SU1989 Welcome! I'm also due on May 10!
    *Loss 8/2014*
    *Rainbow 8/2015*
    *Loss of Twin 5/2018*

• Yay! Hi @morgantu !!!!! 
    *Loss 8/2014*
    *Rainbow 8/2015*
    *Loss of Twin 5/2018*

• @sparebitofparchment also thinking about RCS vs VBAC. Last csec was because of breech, totally low key and would do it again. But I've also heard that recovery from the 2nd can be harder. And also, it's bigtime surgery!
  • @morgantu I had a RCS with my daughter and it was actually not bad at all. I mean obvious discomfort and pain but much easier than the first time around. I did labor for 18 hours with my first before the c-sect so that might have made it worse. But I was in the hospital 5 days after my 1st and 2 days with my second. 

• @morgantu I had a rough time with my first. I’m hoping a planned c-section won’t be as bad as the emergency one. I don’t know that I’ll make the decision until I’m closer because there are lots of things to consider. But I bet I end up with a scheduled section this time
  • @samd6 Yas! BMB buddies for life! 🙌🏼 
  • @samd6 I got my BFP the day I was supposed to pick up my letrozole prescription!
  • @morgantu we're in the same boat (my daughter was breach). I didn't think recovery for the csection was that bad, but I also didn't have a toddler to wrangle and we lived in a single level apartment ( no steps!). It would be nice to be able to schedule delivery, though, to make child care arrangements easier. Definitely a decision for down the road after talking to my doctor.
  • @babybou4 I just started progesterone shots last week, 2x a week. Did you do them through your whole pregnancy?
  • gusgus14 said:
    @samd6 I got my BFP the day I was supposed to pick up my letrozole prescription!
    Woo!! You are like the 4th person I’ve “met” that is in the same boat. I’m going to say it’s 2020 and anything is possible 😂