December 2020 Moms
Options

Baby Names

Re: Baby Names

• Options
    edited July 2020
    bkinn26 said:
    We have a Langley Evan (boy) and an Ireigh Madison (pronounced eye-ree..girl) and this baby is a boy...we have put Ramsey on the table for consideration for his name. Thoughts? (be nice, I'm sensitive 😂)

We like unique names but not completely out of this world unique. We also give a less unique, but not common name for the middle name just in case our children decide they don't want to be unique (but I don't really see that happen so far). 
    I like the name Ramsey. I think it’s very regal. I went to Egypt when I was in middle school and it reminds me of “Ramses” .  I also I have a student named Ramsey and he’s great! 

I also have a student named Irie (different spelling) and she’s great too! 
  • Options
    @bartonolivia we have only one name we both kinda like but I’m getting tired of it and my husband thought it was already chosen so our list is very short. 

I also think having no name choices yet is okay. Baby will give you a name when it comes.  I didn’t get a name until days after I was born(I think they were sure I’d be a boy and would call me max). I have a friend who was “baby girl” on her birth certificate until she was like 5. (Her parents had a name for her by the time she was like 1 but didn’t legally change it for a while) 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    @bearmomma1 nope! Theo is a great name!
    BabyFruit Ticker
    older siblings: ds 16 dd 14 ds 13 dd 11 dd 7 
  • Options
    @bearmomma1 I agree, I think Theo can stand on its own! 🙂
  • Options
    @bearmomma1 another vote for "Theo" on its own.
  • Options
    @tryingktogku I really like your choices, and I have a feeling that when you see that sweet little face, you’ll know which name is the right one! 
  • Options
    @bearmomma1
    Theo it’s own is great   

@tryingktogku
    From this list I like George and Lincoln. 
  • Options
    @autumn87654321 we decided against Ramsey, but I always love hearing teacher's experiences with students of a certain name. I always get a giggle out of my teacher friends' stories 😊 

I have never heard of or met another Ireigh so far, so it was exciting to see that you know one who is great! Thanks for the feedback!
  • Options
    maisasmaisas member
    @bearmomma1 I love Theo! I agree not found of the full name and wouldnt find it weird if Theo was their official name. Ive met people a lot throughout my life where "typical nicknames" were their official names.

@tryingktogku You know Ive always liked Jack/Hunter - side note and idk its important to me any Jack/Hunter Ive ever met was super nice! I also like George but its probably the latin side of me that prefers the Jorge spelling.

@willashbaby XD I think its funny just like I mentioned Ive never met a bad Jack/Hunter - names that I have a bad association with I could never name my kid! Which sucks because I like the name Kenny (not so much Kenneth @bearmomma1) but my S/O doesnt like Kenny/Kenneth because of association :( xD

Thats alright though because we set on Mathias a while ago :)
  • Options
    @bkinn26 We have a good friend who goes by Crosby (it’s technically his last name but it may as well be his first). I think it’s an awesome name!
  • Options
    @mom_of_the_vogels
    i love this way of choosing names!   I’ll have to Bring it up with my husband to see if we can add to our list. 

We’ve still only considered Remi as a name for our baby boy but no middle name really (I kinda like Eugene after my grandmother Eugenia ) but I really want a couple options for names so when he’s born we can see what name he wants. 
  • Options
    @shelmcclel Both are super cute!!
  • Options
    @shelmcclel
    sophie and maisie are both great.  
    I also love Margot. My best friend named her (now 1yr) girl Margo,    they dropped the T because they figured people would mispronounce it, mar got.  

Maybe if your husband sees it without the t he’ll like it more?    
  • Options
    @shelmcclel I love the name Sophie!
    TTC History:
    Me: 36 H: 40 Married 2015. Together since 2010.
    TTC: Sept 2016-Oct 2017
    BFP Oct 2017. DD born July 2018.
    TTC: March 2020. BFP March 2020
    Due date was Nov 2020
    DS born Sept 2020. DS passed away Nov 2020 due to prematurity and birth trauma.
    TTC: March 2021
    IUI #1 Nov 2021, BFN
    IUI #2 Dec 2021 BFP.  MC Jan 2022
    IUI #3 Aug 2022 BFN
    IUI #4 Sept 2022 BFN
    AMH test came back at .081. Was going to move on to IVF with DE, but have decided not to. Will be leaving it up to the universe now.

• Options
    Thanks guys! @laurenspdx @bearmomma1

@autumn87654321 you are 2nd person to mention dropping the T! That’s a good idea, honestly and I’m gonna keep floating Margo by him. Both DH and my names start with S, so he said he likes the idea of us all being S names, but our last name starts with M
    so M names also flow well. At least we’ve narrowed it down to 2 letters!
  • Options
    @shelmcclel DH and I always knew if we had a girl is would be a Sophia! Love that name!!! 

@conni0205 Lincoln is our second choice right now! So cute
  • Options
    I think we have settled on John for a first name.  There is just too much family history with that name to ignore it; however my husband's name is John and he goes by his middle name.  I think we might do the same, but need to find a name that works well with our super complicated and vowel filled Italian last name.  

I was tossing around John Luke, but not sure if that is because of Jean Luc Picard.  We both love Star Trek, but that might be too close for comfort.  We will see what DH thinks.  
  • Options
    @bartonolivia Raven Layne is a beautiful name!  If you end up sticking with that I don’t think you’ll have any regrets 
  • Options
    @bartonolivia Ooooo I love that! It’s so pretty and so cool!
  • Options
    We like the name Beau for our boy, but DD’s favorite movie is Toy Story. When we ask how she feels about having a brother named Beau, she immediately starts naming off all the other Toy Story characters 😂 
    TTC History:
    Due date was Nov 2020
    IUI #1 Nov 2021, BFN
    IUI #3 Aug 2022 BFN
    IUI #4 Sept 2022 BFN
    AMH test came back at .081. Was going to move on to IVF with DE, but have decided not to. Will be leaving it up to the universe now.

• Options
    @autumn87654321 @laurenspdx thank you guys! Now I’m just hoping it’s a girl so I don’t have to think of anymore names 🤣 
  • Options
    @cassafrass15 Michael would be our middle name as well ☺️
    TTC History:
    Due date was Nov 2020
    IUI #1 Nov 2021, BFN
    IUI #3 Aug 2022 BFN
    IUI #4 Sept 2022 BFN

• Options
    We don't know what we are having, and will remain surprised :) but I have a couple names.      Girls: Harper or Grace     Boys (these are super hard for us) I like Gavin, Nolan, Harrison --We already have two boys and it was a struggle to agree on their names haha. but we agree on all girls names lol
  • Options
    @lindsaym2016 out of those boys names I think I like Harrison and Nolan. 
    I suggested Harrison as a name to my husband and he wasn’t so keen, but I think it’s so  cute.    The French word for hedgehog 🦔  is hérisson, Which may ir may not be a selling Point. To me, they’re such cute animals, and I had a little family of hedgehogs in my yard when I stayed in France for a few months to study pottery. 

I feel your struggle with the boys names. before we found out we were having a boy I thought it would be a girl and the only name o could think of was clementine for a girl  and couldn’t think of any boys names.   And of course it’s a boy because I thought it was a girl, now Remi is the only name we can agree on so that will probably be it but I’d like to have more choices for when we meet him. 
  • Options
    We are having a girl. Lena Marie or Kaylee Elizabeth are the 2 names we are stuck between. I am worried about pronunciation issues with Lena (we would pronounce as Leena)
  • Options
    @mtblove
    i like Lena Marie 💕 
    I think it’s common enough that there won’t be too much mispronunciation. 
  • Options
    @mtblove. I only know one Lena and she pronounces it the way you are hoping.  She is from Germany, so not sure if that has an impact.  I like it!  

Anyone have any suggestions on how to start the baby name conversation?  My husband only suggests silly names (like objectively silly and in a teasing way. Not ones that I don't like for other reasons).  When I throw out names, he doesn't really react either way.  Just thinking we should start at least coming up with a list to narrow down or something.  
  • Options
    @dobiemom11 I’ve heard there’s an app that’s like Tinder for baby names. Where you and your partner sign up together and swipe left or right for names that are suggested. Maybe that’s a way to start!
    TTC History:
    Due date was Nov 2020
    IUI #1 Nov 2021, BFN
    IUI #3 Aug 2022 BFN
    IUI #4 Sept 2022 BFN

• Options
    @autumn87654321 I love the name Remi! I just saw Remington for a name with the nickname Remi, definitely another option if you aren’t sold on just Remi but like it. 

@lindsaym2106 I think first and middle - Harper Grace would be super cute if you don’t have a middle name chosen yet. Choose both!