November 2018 Moms

Anyone still active??

1235»

Re: Anyone still active??

• @wildrainbow I know, it's a toughy! How's B doing? And your older boys? 

DD has been such a riot the past few daya. She was mimicking my waddle and lately has been yelling ROAR randomly 🤣😂 also she'll ask "whhhhhyyyyy?!" to just about everything. Such a goon.

BFP 3/21/2020!  OMG We're having TWINS! 4/17/2020
    --------------------------------
    LO arrived 11/9/2018!  We have a baby!
    Me: 33 | DH: 41
    Married: March 2016
    TTC #1/IUD out January 2017
    PCOS dx January 2018
    Medicated cycle 2.5mg Letrozole CD3-7 February 2018
    BFP 3/10/2018! 
    -------------------------------

TTGP December Siggy Co-Winner: Favorite Moments from Holiday Movies/TV 
    TTGP October Siggy Winner: Animals in Costume 

• Loading the player...
  • @lurvleybunchococonuts B is pretty good. His reflux has rampex up to 11, so i get chunky milk spit up on me on the daily. I smell like stomach acid, lol. I miss sweet milk breath 😭! The boys aren't  terrible. Ds1 is being a snarky brat who now uses logic to try and get out of things 🤦‍♀️, ds2 is channeling 2 hardcore and it truly may be terrible this time around. The attitude on this child, I swear.

On the upside, my crochet business is doing pretty well. I also tried my hand at bows and im happy with the results. 
    Retro knotted headband

Baby headband and bow for my niece!

• @wildrainbow niiiice! Love the knotted headband and the ones for you niece are too cute 😍  I wonder if you do more of an angled cut on the ribbon ends if it'd give it a little more pop. Regardless it's adorable! You did a great job 😊 
    I didn't know you had a crochet business! Etsy?

Boooo at B's reflux :( poor boy and momma! Chunky milk spits are so unpleasant. 

Ughhh the snarkiness/logic of older kids gets BRUTAL lmao. How old is he? SD is 9 going on 19 most days 😑😩 

YES! DD has been an absolute terror lately. Oooooo she has been pushing ALL of mom's buttons today. Spitting mouthfuls of water like a fountain EVERYWHERE. Hitting when she doesnt get her way or I tell her no. Full body temper tantrums. And just general getting into everything she knows not to. Ugh... The littler stink was drinking some water all nicely out of my water bottle and then walked juuuust far enough out of my reach and while staring at me while I say no no no don't dump it, she pours it on the floor 😑😑😑 

PCOS dx January 2018
    BFP 3/10/2018! 

• 🙏 Lord give me strength... DD just dumped an entire bottle of lotion onto the couch 😑 

What is toddler fascination with lotion?!

PCOS dx January 2018
    BFP 3/10/2018! 

• @lurvleybunchococonuts I'm not on etsy yet.  My sister sells them on her website,  she's a stylist,  and in her salon.  I've sold a lot from twitter too, lol. That was my first attempt at a bow, I've since modified some things.  

Ds1 is 4 going on 35. It's ridiculous.  He's an old soul.  

Hope your weekend is going well,  I have to do mad crocheting as all my scrunchies sold yesterday.  🙌 I'm trying to perfect my bow making so I can do the cheer bows for my stepmom's squad.  #money I'm trying to replenish part of our savings from lockdown. 
  • @wildrainbow oh that's awesome! Oooo cheer bows would be great!  Totallyunderstand that money hustle! Doit!!!! Haha at DS1 being 4 going on 35. Kids are crazy. Some of what comes out of SDs mouth is like "WHO ARE YOU?! YOU'RE NINE!"

Ughhhh... N20 is having the dreaded private group vs FB discussion 😩  

Have I told you DDs favorite new word is "shit"? 🤦🏻🤦🏻🤦🏻

PCOS dx January 2018
    BFP 3/10/2018! 

• @lurvleybunchococonuts I almost spit out my water when I read your Dd's fave word, lol. Sigh,  my whole bmb is on fb, it's ridiculous.  I have no idea who has had babies, etc. How is your bmb?

• @wildrainbow lmao oh yeah... Ahe dropped a slice of banana... ,Oh... Shit!" 🤣🤦🏻

Ughh... That's such a bummer :( 

N20 seems like a pretty decent group so far. No real drama or anything. It's pretty tame for the most part which is fine by me.

The N18 group that moved to FB is doing well. It's since split into 2 groups with some member overlap but then some members only in one or the other. One of the members left due to losing her DS in a drowning accident earlier this summer 😭  we all miss her but obviously understand her need to distance herself. It's an awful tragedy :( A few ladies have since had another baby with a number of us in various trimesters of pregnancy/TTC.  

It bums me put that you didn't join us on FB but 100% understand why. I can't imagine how much it sucks to lose a group like that. 

On a side note DD gave herself a good bruise across her cheek this afternoon 🤦🏻 she tripped and face planted into our gliding foot rest. 

PCOS dx January 2018
    BFP 3/10/2018! 

• @lurvleybunchococonuts Omg, to the member who lost her ds, that's awful. I think about N18 a lot. Tell everyone hey for me!

That's good you have a good group, A20 was the same. It just seemed we moved to FB/private groups sooo early. 

I'm sorry about your DD, that sucks. Ds2 has a bruise on his cheek and I have no idea how he got it 🤦‍♀️ Guess that is the life of a boy mom, lol. 

Tomorrow is my due date. I'm feeling some kind of way about it since I have a 7 week old. It's crazy. 
  • @wildrainbow it was devestating and is so horrible :(

It does seem early to move for me also. I have a love/hate relationship regarding moving from TB. I get it because FB is easier for notifications, privacy, etc. But we came to TB to find a group so why are we leaving it for another platform. 

Lmao MH and I joked that the bruise fits DD. She is a tank and soooo rough and tumble. Goofy girl. Aww I hope DS2 is okay 💙 who knows where some of their scraps and bruises come from 🤷🏻

Oh that is so bizarre that B is 7wks and tmrw is your due date!

Dopplers this AM went well. Dottie's right at 95% for whatever they read on the blood flow. Which is still okay, I guess it just means her heart has to pump a bit harder but in a safe zone. Hence the reason they're watching her so closely. 

And yes that is D's back/spine pressed into G's face 🤣😂

And blue freezie pop mouthed bruiser!

PCOS dx January 2018
    BFP 3/10/2018! 

• @lurvleybunchococonuts Omg, both of those pics kill me! 🤣 

Ds2 is fine, he tries to kill himself on the daiky, so one bruise isn't slowing him down. 

B is hardcore a side sleeper, so that is fun. He prefers to be swaddleed then curls into a ball until he rolls on his side, I dont get it. He seems to be more comfortable tho, less grunting and grimacing from reflux, so I will take it. 

• @wildrainbow 😍😍😍 ughhhh he is so frigging adorable 💛 glad his reflux seems to be doing better. Silly side sleeper 💜

I understand about DS2... DD is the same way. Flipping toddler 🤦🏻🤦🏻🤦🏻

PCOS dx January 2018
    BFP 3/10/2018! 

• wildrainbowwildrainbow member
    edited August 2020
    @lurvleybunchococonuts B is reverse cycling,  so I've gotten no sleep.  I decided at 5 am to call it and just made my first cup of coffee.  I have to solo parent today, H is going into work.  Ds1 has a project we need to work on.  First week of virtual school and we have a project. HE'S IN PREK! Why is there a project?! So,  yeah,  I will be mainlining caffeine,  hopefully it will keep B awake,  lol. 

Edit: spelling is hard
  • @wildrainbow Oh NOOOO :( I hope you can catch a nap or something.  I have a feeling I'll be right there with you on the caffeine soon enough.  That is so bizarre he has a project in PreK?  How is virtual PreK going?  Is it actually "worth" it?  Good luck solo parenting today!!! 

I brought 2 slices of cinnamon raisin bread to work to make toast for a snack and I'm totally regretting not bringing more of it.  IT WAS SOOOOO GOOD!!!! DD has been waking up randomly lately, last night it was to get a snuggle, replace her nuk, and give her back the lovie she tossed out of her crib.  The night before all she wanted was snuggles and screamed anytime I put her back in her crib.  I felt awful but eventually had to put her down and give her 10 mins, which thankfully she went back to sleep after.  She's usually such a good sleeper (I know, it'll be my curse and the twins will be the complete opposite), it's so not her norm, but this week is really different than it has been.  MH is back working 1st so instead of being home with dad, she's at gma/gpa's in the AM & a sitter during the day, then next week moving forward we have a friend who will watch her at our house.  

I dream to be able to be a SAHM and work part-time at night or from home part-time... sigh....

PCOS dx January 2018
    BFP 3/10/2018! 

• @lurvleybunchococonuts I love being home most days, but it is hard. I'm looking into becoming an LC, and I'm feeling all the guilt about not having as long home with B. Mom guilt, man. 

Luckily, preK is free through a state program that is actually really good. As far as virtual, it remains to be seen. The school doesn't have everything it needs from the state, so the teachers are kinda scrambling. So far, ds1 knows everything they have wanted us to do, so we haven't done anything. We have to do this project, but that is about it. We have to do a zoom meeting once a week. I am very doubtful ds1 will cooperate. He doesn't do anything unless he wants, and life is a bunch of compromises. Not to mention, if he already knows it, he won't answer it because he knows it and he doesn't get why he needs to prove it. So, we are working on writing our letters instead of counting our body parts 🙄. Seriously, he's 4, not 2. I work on counting with ds2, not 4. He can count to a 100 if he feels like it. We work on adding and subtracting. So, hopefully, he is challenged in this, otherwise it will be a colossal waste of my time. 
  • @wildrainbow the mom guilt is so real! It sucks :( being an LC would be amazing! I can imagine being a SAHM is hard as hell! You're a great mom 💜

That's frustrating about DS1 and prek. I hope it challenges him more and is less review. I am all for in person pre-k, I just don't see how well a toddler would interact/do virtual pre-k.  I hope it goes wonderfully once you do it more with him!

PCOS dx January 2018
    BFP 3/10/2018! 

• @lurvleybunchococonuts We had a zoom meeting today, it was a disaster. The teachers didn't know how to work it, and then they basically said that the end goal is for them to be able to write their names and know letter sounds. The writing I get, ds1 doesn't know how to do that, but everything else....sigh. i hope this isn't a precursor to his future education. I'm not patient enough for homeschool, lol. 
  • @wildrainbow 🤦🏻 ughhh that sounds... Aggravating as hell. Good luck! It sounds like you're already doing a lot of the things he'd be learning in pre-k, are you able to just... Unenroll him if it ends up just being a waste of time and less of him learning anything?

PCOS dx January 2018
    BFP 3/10/2018! 

• @lurvleybunchococonuts I don't know, I may have to see.  It seems kinda crazy that the end goal of preK is to write his name and know letter sounds,  seems like they should know more,  or maybe I'm just used to my very smart kid that taught himself all the things?  🤷‍♀️ 
  • @wildrainbow I definitely think you're just used to your smart kid ;) some kids pick up on that stuff really well while other don't until a little later. I think a lot of pre-k is the social interaction/settling down when they need to work/structured school format and getting them used to that. Hence the reason I wonder how effective virtual pre-k is.

PCOS dx January 2018
    BFP 3/10/2018! 

• @lurvleybunchococonuts Same. They are reevaluating, and they may get to go to the classroom in October. Here's to hoping I don't have a lot of parent teacher conferences,  lol. 
  • @wildrainbow OMG... DD is getting so massive. We just had to switch to size 7 shoes! 😮 silly girl. 

I hope you had a good weekend and the project for DS1 goes well! What is his "project?"

PCOS dx January 2018
    BFP 3/10/2018! 

• @lurvleybunchococonuts Omg! 7s already?! Ds2 is in 6s, tho i suspect he will be ready for 7s come winter. 

Ds1's project was fine. It was an about me poster. So I printed some pictures, my sweet sister helped him with it, and now it's done. He scribbled on it, my sister wrote a list of his favorite things as he dictated them. Some time this week I have to go to his school to drop it off. 
  • @wildrainbow nice! At least it was an easy project to do :)  Too bad you can't just take a photo and send it into his teacher ;) Lol #lazymom

I KNOW! The child has massive feet IMO.  They're on the loose side, but she also is fitting into some of SDs old 4T clothing :neutral:  My child is a giant I'm convinced.  Some of the other Nov '18 moms said their sons are already in 8s :open_mouth: So... not the biggest giant, but she is built like a brick shit house in the words of MHs gpa :joy:

PCOS dx January 2018
    BFP 3/10/2018! 

• @lurvleybunchococonuts Holy crap! 4ts?! Ds2 is still tiny and wears 18mo onesies, and 12 mo shorts are still too big, lol. But that is how my boys are, long and skinny. He's tall and skinny. I'm interested to see how tall he will be at his 2yr in October. 

B goes for his 2mo 😭 appointment on Wednesday. I can't believe he's about to be 2mo. Good news is we get to talk meds for his reflux. I may be able to stop his fortified bottles too. We shall see. His reflux has gotten so bad, that if I let him, he would suck on me all night.  He's up about every hour and a half, so I maybe get 5hrs of sleep a night. If I'm lucky. 
  • @wildrainbow I know! She is a very solidly built little girl. I'm so curious to see what the twins will be like compared to her.

Oh my lord! 2 mo ALREADY?! How? Poor lamb, I hope they have a good plan moving forward for his reflux! That apunds miserable! And hooray for hopefully stopping having to fortify bottles! Good luck mom! You're doing a great job 💜

We had our weekly doppler scan yesterday. It went well although they noted and arrythmia with D's heart. So care wise is no different, they just will continue to monitor/watch her heart for a few mins every appt. Apparently it could have just been a fluke/one time thing and never seen again, or it could be persistent. Even if it's persistent itc's fine so long as she doesn't go into SVT. If she were to go into SVT than I'd be admitted for continuous monitoring/medication/probably early delivery. She certainly is enjoying keeping us on our toes! Even the MFM nurse said yesterday it's just a lot of little things that on their own aren't too worrisome but can be so overwhelming combined.

Also D was smooshing G yesterday lol. She was on top/in front of her face so we didn't get a very good pic of G. But pics in spoiler.

And DD rocking SDs 4T dress. It's long but aside from that fits.

PCOS dx January 2018
    BFP 3/10/2018! 

• @lurvleybunchococonuts Jeez, D likes to keep you on your toes, huh? I bet she will be all kinds of mischievous when she grows up, lol. 

B had his checkup today. He's 8lb7oz and 21.5 inches! I cant get over how big he is! It's crazy! The rash that I thought was a heat rash is eczema. It's literally all over his body except his diaper area. So, i am trying to navigate that because the boys never had it. A friend who's kids had it said coconut oil was good to rub on their skin. Pedi wants him greased up 3x a day, cortisone cream when he has a flair up. I feel so bad! His reflux is still kicking but since he's gaining weight, his dr doesnt want to medicate yet 🙄. I just don't want him falling off like ds2 did. He did great and gained well at his 2mo, by 4mo he was FTT, which he's still trying to catch back up. 
  • @wildrainbow oh yes, she is gonna give me a run for my money I'm certain of it! I may be doomed is she & Lula ever team up 😂

Oh my goodness! Good job growing baby! Thaay sucks about the eczema. I hopw it clears up quickly! And that's frustrating about the reflux. Hooray for weight gain, but esp after DS2 will they keep a closer eye/more frequent weight checks to make sure he doesn't get to the point of FTT? Otherwise do you possibly have a scale and guidelines on what to look for at home?

I swear I can watch my belly get bigger each day 😂 it's crazy. My groin and inside the right side od my groin/leg have been so sore lately. MH had to help launch me up to go to the bathroom MOTN last night lmao. Pretty sure G is sitting on my bladder today while D is trying to invade my lungs.

Lula is being disgustingly adorable with her baby doll tonight 😍 tucking it in with a blankie and saying "bye" then giving the doll kisses 😭😍

PCOS dx January 2018
    BFP 3/10/2018! 

• @lurvleybunchococonuts I dont have a scale, but I will keep an eye on him. I have to continue his fortified bottles for another 2-4 weeks. I know what to look for, but honestly, if he goes the way of ds2, it will be super fast and come out of nowhere. 

I hope the girls are in better positions today, I can't imagine being pregnant with twins. 😳
  • @wildrainbow I pray he does well and pray/hope he doesn't repeat big brother!

Lol the girls are just crazy. Non stop kicking this AM 😂 

PCOS dx January 2018
    BFP 3/10/2018! 

• @lurvleybunchococonuts Thanks,  this morning I was awakened by projectile vomit to the face, so that was fun.  B may be going down faster than I anticipated. He went from no spitting up to projectile.  Sigh. And his eczema on his face may be trying to get infected, he had dried pus on it his face this morning. These boys cause more drama than girls, lol!
  • @wildrainbow ughh poor babe! And poor momma! YUCK!! Vomit to the face is never pleasant and I hope his eczema doesn't get infected! That sounds terrible :( 

DD is spending the night at gma/gpa's tonight. MH laughed when I didn't argue about it and I had to remind him well I figured it'd be better to get her used to it occasionally so she doesn't flip out when it comes time for babies.

PCOS dx January 2018
    BFP 3/10/2018! 

• @lurvleybunchococonuts The day went crazy yesterday. I called to dr to talk about B's projectile vomit, and they wanted to see him. That led to a hospital trip to get an u/s to check for pyloric stenosis. To say it was an emotional day would be an understatement. Luckily he doesnt have it, but he does have awful reflux and we finally got meds. Of course, they aren't as good as Zantac, but that isn't an option anymore. We will see how they work. I need some relief. On top if that, I woke up this morning with a stye in my eye and it hurts like the blue blazes. 

How are you? How did DD's spend the night off go?
  • edited August 2020
    @wildrainbow oh geez girl! That IS an emotional day. Ao glad he's okay and got a med for the reflux. I hope it helps 🤞 
    Yuck! Styes hurt so bad! Damp warm compress if you're able to 💚 I hope it goes away soon. They are so icky, and annoying! :(
    DD had a blast as always! She loves going to gma/gpa's. And of course was SPOILED lol :) I'm doing alright. My hips/pelvis are screaming but otherwise we're still trucking along. We start our twice weekly appts this week. And glucose test is Friday 🤞🤞🤞 I failed 1 hr but passed the 3 hr with Lu. 

Random question, I'm gonna continue to check in on TB cause I don't want to lose touch with you again 💜💜💜 but is there a nother platform you use or prefer? Even email? 100% up to you :) 

PCOS dx January 2018
    BFP 3/10/2018! 

• @lurvleybunchococonuts I failed my 1hr, by ONE POINT  with B and passed my 3hr. I was so bruised after. Hopefully you pass the first time and don't have to endure the 3 hr. I did get to wait in my car, which was nice tho. I'm glad Lu had fun. That is always such a mind easer when you know they are happy. 

And, yes! We can email. I will PM you my email address. It will certainly be able to use names instead of generics, lol. 

• @wildrainbow ughhhh! That is sooooo crappy to fail by that little 😑 I hope I pass the 1hr but anticipate failing it just cause that's how life goes for me 😅 

Oh yeah it is a lot easier knowing she is having fun at gma/gpa's!

Awesome! I'll check my messages 😍

PCOS dx January 2018
    BFP 3/10/2018!