October 2020 Moms

Updates (separate thread in case it's triggery for some folk)

Re: Updates (separate thread in case it's triggery for some folk)

• Thinking of you!!
  • Still alive. In a lot  pain and quite tired they will bring my beneficial soon. Don't know what all they did but I was in surgery for like 4 hours? The ob will tell me tomorrow. On a bunch of hardcore iv antibiotics. Also lasix for swelling.   and right now they're all liquid diet. 

Clem doing ok. 
    Current pregnancy -
    First BFP on 1/4/22.  Due date 9/13/22.

Four prior losses, no living children - 1 first trimester miscarriage, 1 blighted ovum, 1 chemical, and one extreme premature live birth daughter who died at 15 days old.

• Loading the player...
  • @kboydbowman, I’m so sorry you had such a bad experience with that doctor. I hope your OB and the nurses taking care
    of you do much better. 
    Hopefully the infection will be gone now that they cleaned it all out and you have a much easier recovery. 
    Me: 27 DH: 27
    Married 6/15/13
    BFP #1 5/8/16, EDD 12/31/16- DD born 9/10/16 at 24 weeks 
    ~In our hearts forever~
    BFP #2 10/14/17, EDD 7/1/18

• Thinking of you for a quick recovery! So happy to hear that Clementine is doing good.
  • Ugh how awful. Here's hoping it's all taken care of and you start healing up properly!
  • Thinking of you- sorry that you had a jerk of a dr, I hope you are starting to heal up and feeling better with all the yuck cleaned out.
  • I’m sorry for that horrendous experience. I hope you complain! Yay for being closer to baby :)
  • jgrodojgrodo member
    @kboydbowman oh no.. thinking of you and hope the rest goes smoother
  • So those of you that are already on my Facebook have been getting regular detailed updates, but for everyone else, my situation is turning into a malpractice lawsuit situation; I am not a litigious person, but I will end up coming to court, and I will win.  Series of poor decisions on the part of various doctors (and one incident of what can only be described as coerced physical assault), and I almost died as a result of the infection I was discharged with (I had told them something was wrong and asked to have the post C-section admission extended for a few days due to uncontrolled pain and a stinky/oozy incision scar, but was discharged only 42 hours after my surgery).  I'm still not out of the woods either.  I am documenting like crazy and once I'm a little more recovered I will absolutely be consulting with a lawyer(s).  My lawyer and doctor friends are also going to help me compile things.

Currently, I'm still in the hospital for at least another 3 days, possibly longer if they can't get the infection(s) under control.  They had to reopen my uterus and essentially do a D&C and am not at high risk for rupture and accretia with any future pregnancies.  My C-section incision is reopened down the to the fascia and will remain open (with packing and wound vacuuming) until it heals on its own; whenever they send me home I will have home health care until the wound is healed.
    Current pregnancy -

Four prior losses, no living children - 1 first trimester miscarriage, 1 blighted ovum, 1 chemical, and one extreme premature live birth daughter who died at 15 days old.

• @kboydbowman, I am so sorry you are dealing with all that. 
    Married 6/15/13
    ~In our hearts forever~

• It's awful what they are making you go through! It sounds like it's going to be a long process with lawyers involved. I hope you can find the best one available and it helps you and others in the future. You look like a super strong person and I'm sure you'll recover and win the battle!
  • Clementine is having unexplained bowel issues and is being transferred to a hospital in LA (about 2 hours from her) for likely surgery.  I am so not okay.
    Current pregnancy -

• @kboydbowman I’m so sorry.  Stay strong for your little girl!  I hope the surgery is able to correct whatever is going on. 
  • Thinking of both of you :( 
  • @kboydbowman thinking of you both. Stay strong. 
  • @kboydbowman Oh my. I’m so sorry you two are going through so much. Will keep you both in our hearts and hoping for the best outcome. 
  • @kboydbowman I'm so sorry for everything you and baby Clementine are going through right now, I'm devastated that baby is being transferred so far away from you as you're struggling physically and mentally with everything you've been going through. You're both so strong, you'll get through this and I'm sending so much internet love your way. I hope the coming days start to look a little brighter, we're all absolutely pulling for you both! 
    💛🌻
  • Most of her bowel was necrotic and had to be removed. 20 cm section still viable.  Multiple ostomies.  She responded well to the surgery, but prognosis is fairly poor.  Next few days critical.  If she survives, will be on TPN for years and will likely eventually need bowel and/or liver transplant.

I probably will never see my baby alive again and I am dying.
    Current pregnancy -

• @kboydbowman I am so very sorry that this is happening. You and Clementine are constantly in my thoughts. I really hope things start to look up and you are able to find some peace and positivity right now. 
  • I’m so sorry @kboydbowman sending you guys strength 
  • Oh @kboydbowman I am so so sorry. I wish I could do or say more 💔
  • KurtniKurtni member
    So heartbreaking 😔 I’m so sorry that you cannot be with her right now, and so angry at your doctors for failing you to put you in the hospital in the first place. 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • I havent written anything... because in this time and space there is nothing to say. It is a horrible feeling to be out of control of not just yourself but your child. I know, you know, you are not alone, but it is okay to feel that way. This is a situation where you are allowed to be selfish with your sorrow, but when you feel you are being pulled too fully under seek out whatever/whoever makes you feel a little less awful. 
  • jgrodojgrodo member
    @kboydbowman I am so sorry you are dealing with all of this. It's heartbreaking. Wish there was something more to say. Sending virtual hugs
  • @kboydbowman, so happy that Clementine is stable and you are getting better. I’ll be crossing my fingers they can get you transferred Down there. 
    Married 6/15/13
    ~In our hearts forever~

• Sending all the good thoughts for you and your girl. I'm so sorry that you are going through so much.
  • Happy Birthday @kboydbowman! Sending you and Clementine even more good thoughts today. You two have been on my mind a lot these last few days. I hope you get some cake or whatever your favorite dessert is at some point. 
  • Yes happy birthday @kboydbowman ! I hope you and Clementine are doing well today. I think of you two all the time and send good vibes <3
  • Happy Birthday @kboydbowman 💛🌻
  • Happy birthday @kboydbowman! Hope things are still looking up for you and Clemmie! 🎈
  • Had a chance to catch up on everything. Happy birthday first off! Second off, so sorry you are going through all of this. Lots of warm thoughts and hugs being sent your way. 
  • @kboydbowman Thinking of you, and hoping you and sweet Clementine are doing ok ❤️
    Me: 29, DH: 29
    TTC since: 2/13
    Long, anovulatory cycles
    Began fertility testing 12/13
    Ultrasound and bloodwork: Everything looks good (according to my ob/gyn)
    HSG: waiting to schedule
    SA: scheduled with RE for 1/6/14
  • Clementine has taken a turn for the worst and is not likely to survive the night.  We have been told to come as quickly as we can so around nurse helped me get packed as well as possible and I have loaded up on pain meds.  Headed to l.a. now.
    Current pregnancy -

• @kboydbowman I’m so sorry to hear that. Praying and sending strength your way. Keep us posted as you can. 
  • @kboydbowman I’m so sorry, I really hope they can get her stabilized.   Please know my thoughts are with you.  
  • @kboydbowman I'm so sorry. You will all be on my mind.
    Me: 29 || DH: 29
    TTC #1 4/2016 || dx NIR PCOS 7/2016 || BFP 4/2017
    DD - 12/28/17 <3

TTC #2 3/2019
    BFP 5/2019 || MC - D&C 5/2019
    BFP 2/2020 || EDD 10/10/2020
  • @kboydbowman giant hugs. I can't even imagine. Sending positive thoughts and care.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"