October 2020 Moms
Options

Updates (separate thread in case it's triggery for some folk)

Re: Updates (separate thread in case it's triggery for some folk)

• Options
    @kboydbowman are you far from the hospital?  I used to pump in the middle of the night and run it up to the hospital when mine was in the nicu.  So glad to hear your little girl is doing well.  I hope you’re starting heal. How is your boy person handling all of this? 
  • Options
    About 5 to 10 minutes from the hospital, so not bad.  Because of COVID, we can only visit once per day, so it gets stored in the fridge in between.  

Boy person is doing okay.  He has had some outbursts that come out of worry for Clementine, but as it continues to appear evident she is doing fairly well he is chilling out more.  We both just want her to get bigger, better, and stronger, and be able to come home with us in a few months.
    Current pregnancy -
    First BFP on 1/4/22.  Due date 9/13/22.

Four prior losses, no living children - 1 first trimester miscarriage, 1 blighted ovum, 1 chemical, and one extreme premature live birth daughter who died at 15 days old.

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    @kboydbowman Glad to hear things are going well. Make sure you’re taking care of yourself. What pump are you using? Did you end up having to rent it? 
  • Options
    @kboydbowman I'm so glad to hear that Clementine is hanging in there and has such an amazing mama looking out for her. I know I don't post much on here but when I saw that you were in the hospital I really wanted to reach out and of course that's when TB decided to kick me out for a week. Anyway, just wanted to send some good vibes your way :)
  • Options
    My insurance provides for both a hospital grade rental for a month (Medela Symphony) and a permanent one (Medela Pump In Style Advanced).  I'm using the Symphony for as long as I can get away with it.  Hooked up to it as I type, actually!
    Current pregnancy -

Four prior losses, no living children - 1 first trimester miscarriage, 1 blighted ovum, 1 chemical, and one extreme premature live birth daughter who died at 15 days old.

• Options
    @kboydbowman the Symphony is great! I exclusively pumped with it for 4 months when my daughter was in NICU and CICU. 

I’m sorry you can only go once per day. Is there a time limit? If you have any questions or need any advice for NICU life I’m happy to help if I can!
  • Options
    @kboydbowman I used the Symphony in the hospital and it was awesome! Saw your updates on FB and glad pumping is going well all things considered! Hope you have a good visit with baby girl today!
  • Options
    @coldbrew we can't be over there from 6:30 to 8 either a.m. or p.m., plus if they have a code. Once you are there you can stay as long as you like, but right now my stamina usually can't make more than 20 minutes or so.
    Current pregnancy -

• Options
    @kboydbowman So glad to hear such a good report! Great job with the pumping!
  • Options
    Also, if someone will tell me how to do the "spoilers" cut, I would be glad to put some photos up for people to see.  I didn't just want to post them since I know that could be triggery for some people.
    Current pregnancy -

• Options
    @kboydbowman so good to hear you and Clemmie (I've been calling her that in my head, so I'm glad to hear you say it too) are doing well! If you hit the paragraph button and select spoiler, it will make a grey box. Anything you post in that grey box should be placed in a spoiler. 
  • Options
    @carrotsandpeas3 I tend to shorten to Clemmie or Clem, and some of my friends are calling her Clemen-tiny which I think is adorable!
    Current pregnancy -

• Options
    Oh my goodness, so precious!
  • Options
    @kboydbowman, she is so precious! I’m so happy she is doing as well as possible. 
    Me: 27 DH: 27
    Married 6/15/13
    BFP #1 5/8/16, EDD 12/31/16- DD born 9/10/16 at 24 weeks 
    ~In our hearts forever~
    BFP #2 10/14/17, EDD 7/1/18

• Options
    Ugh, I think I may have an infection of the incision site. Headed to the ER shortly to investigate.
    Current pregnancy -

• Options
    Back at the ER. Definitely infected and also ruptured. 
    Current pregnancy -

• Options
    I ended up having an infection at my incision about a week post. They helped me drain it and I ended up using a blow dryer on a low setting whenever I could lay down to avoid any moisture in the area. DD was born in the middle of summer so I felt like all I did was sweat. Hopefully it’s no big deal! 
  • Options
    KurtniKurtni member
    @kboydbowman oh no! Are they giving your IV antibiotics I hope? You’ve been through the wringer 😩
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    jgrodojgrodo member
    @kboydbowman oh no, how are you feeling? Did meds or IV or whatever they did help? 
    Clementiny is adorable. So glad she is doing well!
  • Options
    @kboydbowman Noooo. You are sure going through it! 😩 Little Clementine is just INCREDIBLE—thanks for sharing a photo!
  • Options
    @kboydbowman that’s awful. Hope they get you feeling better soon. 
  • Options
    @kboydbowman Oh no :( I hope they get you healed up properly, pronto. You need more sushi time with your feet up!
    Thanks for posting the pic of Clementine, precious babe. You are both so strong!
  • Options
    Ugh I’m so sorry @kboydbowman
  • Options
    @kboydbowman oh no! I hope you're back to healing asap, Clementine is so precious, thank you for sharing with us! We're definitely all rooting for you and probably thinking about you and baby all day, I know I am! You're both so strong! 
  • Options
    @kboydbowman I hope you heal up quickly and don’t have any more complications. A vertical incision sounds awful!! 

Clementine is so so sweet! Thank you for sharing her picture! I’m so happy to hear that she is doing well and she sounds like a strong little girl! 
  • Options
    I hope you are healing up from that infection and- everything that has been happening with you! I thought about you and Clementine all weekend and I'm so glad to hear that she is doing well and that you have been able to visit her. Hang in there, we are all cheering for you guys!
  • Options
    @kboydbowman I'm sorry about all the pain you're in. Hoping it will start to improve for you soon! I'm happy to hear little Clementine is still doing so well. She is a fighter ❤
  • Options
    Wound check did not go well. 

Massive infection.  They had to reopen the wound, remove a bunch of necrotic tissue, and debride. They also did all of that without any numbing or pain medication and the doctor was telling away me for crying and screaming while he sawed chunks of flesh out. I literally feel like I was just assaulted.  Was shaking, crying, and in pain.

Now I have to have yet another semi-emergency surgery to finish cleaning out and hopefully repairing the wound and making sure there is no uterine infection.   Under general anesthesia with a probable overnight. Back in the hospital and all hooked up to the Iv's, surgery in about 45 minutes

Current pregnancy -

• Options
    @kboydbowman that sounds awful. Hope the surgery goes well. Sending good thoughts your way. 
  • Options
    @kboydbowman I’m so sorry. I’ll be thinking of you, and hoping everything from here on out goes smoothly. 
  • Options
    Thinking about you @kboydbowman
  • Options
    @kboydbowman oh, no. /: thinking of you and hoping this surgery goes much better and they get everything under control
  • Options
    Just echoing others, but fingers crossed for a successful uncomplicated surgery with no more unpleasant surprises for you. I'm sorry about your horrible experience and I hope the staff you see for your stay are more compassionate 💛
  • Options
    I was just reading your updates on FB! Thinking of you!
  • Options
    I’m so sorry. I’ll be thinking of you and hoping that the surgery goes well, that there are no more complications, and that your medical staff listens to your needs and treats you better.
  • Options
    Thinking of you @kboydbowman. Hope the rest of your admission and your surgery goes much smoother. ❤️
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"