September 2020 Moms

The Great Question Thread

167891012»

Re: The Great Question Thread

• I’m using BellaB tummy honey. Low smell, feels good and really works when it comes to reducing stretch marks!
    As for nursing pillows, I liked My Breast Friend but @balletnerd is right, it’s not easy to travel with. 
  • @robinj716 thank you! Luckily since I haven’t been  at work the pain has been gone! 
  • Loading the player...
  • mrosie22mrosie22 Newbie
    edited May 2020
    I have a question for anyone that has maybe experienced the same thing as I am. I am 35 yo, 4th pregnancy, at my 20 week anatomy scan they saw free floating debris that looked like snow, I dont remember ever having this with any of my other pregnancies. The ultrasound tech asked if I had bleed early on in pregnancy which I hadnt, as she thought it could be from that, but wasnt sure. Has anyone else had this and what did it mean and what was there anything you had to do for it?
  • Hello Mommas!

It is official, I failed my glucose test, went back in for the three hour one and failed two of those measures too. I passed the fasting and the three hour but had too much glucose at the one and two hour marks. I have Gestational Diabetes. I'm wondering if any of you have had it or if you can point me to a specific resource or forum that may help.

Thanks!
  • @baebaek2020 sorry that sucks! I failed the 1 hour and barely passed the 3 hour. I think you will most likely be set up with a dietitian and they will give you the best advice on how to manage GD with diet and hopefully that’s all you’ll need. 

As a side rant I feel that test sucks because who eats 100 mg of sugar and one seating and then they expect your body to “react normal”. Hopefully you will find testing your sugars that you are just fine! 
  • @ktholysz thanks! Im feeling a little better. I've been told to make appointments with the dietician and an endocrinologist. In the mean time I went and bought a blood sugar meter and have started testing myself. I figure then I can take that info to the docs and we can work from there, so I will have a better place to start than just that test. I agree it is a little unrealistic. 

Thanks for your response, it is always nice to hear from other moms!
  • @baebaek2020 I get it and glad you are feeling a little better! I think self testing is way better than the glucose test. Most of us moved to a private group - check out the private group thread below - if you are interested let us know! 
  • Sorry if this has been a Product Spotlight in the private group or if this is not the best thread to ask this in, but does anyone have a stand alone high chair that they really love? We had a space saver style chair with DD that I liked a lot, but with one already using up a dining chair for a booster, I'm thinking of saving our other dining chair (we currently only have 4). I am looking for something with the following features:

1. Recline for infant seating, even just at the table while we eat
    2. Folds/collapses to fairly low profile that we could move/store out of the way. Dining room is also the way out onto the deck, so I don't want something in the way all the time.
    3. Tray should be able to come off to pull up to the table eventually
    4. High adjustable to be sure it gets under our table
    5. Not terrible to clean, adjust, move, etc.
    6. Not a million $$$ (doesn't need to be super cheap, but not crazy expensive either)

Those are the main things I care about, which is probably asking too much. Would love to hear what other people have used and loved (or even hated).

Thanks!

• @ashwortl I am in a dilemma this time too. The highchair we have attaches to a seat, but our new dining chairs do not accommodate. In the past we shifted to a booster seat at about 18mo and a jr chair at about 2. So I just need something from 6mo-18mo. I am leaning toward the IKEA high chair because everyone I know that has it loves it and it is so cheap. 
    Pregnancy TickerDS1 8/15
    DS2 5/17
    #3 Due 9/20
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • @Louise_Belcher Thanks for the idea. That looks like a nice, simple chair. I was thinking that I may want something with a recline so baby under 6mo can join us at the table, but now I'm wondering how much that would even happen. Maybe I just babywear or put him in a bouncer during meals...
  • @ashwortl Same on thinking I might miss the recline chair during those early months. I might bring up our old one and just place it on the floor for a plop spot. But space is limited so we shall see what I decide. I have gotten so used to the Jr chairs that both of my boys are in that it is hard to go back to a giant high chair in the way. 
    Pregnancy TickerDS1 8/15
    DS2 5/17
    #3 Due 9/20
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • @ashwortl we just keep our small bouncer seat in our dining room for the early months! 
  • @momofmiracles31889 I am thinking that may make more sense for now. I had visions of baby "joining" us for family meals, but joining from a bouncer may be easier than having something big taking up space. Then I either bump DD to a different chair like @Louise_Belcher mentioned to give babe a chair with a kid seat, or we just use our 4 kitchen chairs for our family and break out the folding chairs when company comes. Thanks!