December 2020 Moms
Options

May Symptoms

Re: May Symptoms

• Options
    @dobiemom11 lol 😂 you crack me up. I’m jealous. I want some more boobs haha. I feel like they haven’t really changed much or gotten bigger at all. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    @mindyb2019. I only noticed the change this week, so keep an eye out.  
  • Options
    mindyb2019mindyb2019 member
    edited May 2020
    Ok, I’ve had bad varicose veins pretty much most of my life. it’s especially the worst on just my left leg which has caused on and off problems once in a while, but I woke up on the weekend and can barely walk. I guess from pregnancy my increased blood flow has made my veins worse( on my left leg only) and I’m in sooooo much pain every day all day long that I wanna cry. I’m fine if I’m sleeping at night or laying down on the couch with my legs up but as soon as I get up to walk and put pressure on my legs the blood pools behind the knee cap and the veins have become sooo swollen and tender, purple and feel like the nerves are on fire. It’s horrible. Has anyone ever dealt with this before or have varicose veins during pregnancy? I spoke with my Dr about it yesterday and he said that this is common in the first trimester and should get better into the second. He has prescribed me to go get a custom compression stocking to wear and all I can do is use Tylenol to help with the pain and put heat or cold on my leg and elevate them. That’s it. I have a blood test to go do to make sure I have no clots on my leg and if I so then I’ll have to get a ultrasound done on my leg to see where the clots are. I’m on my feet all day at work and in sooo much pain all day that I’m limping around. I’m not sure what to do? 

Edited : Sorry it's my right leg that's the worst and in pain. Not sure why I said left lol

• Options
    sejicasejica member
    @mindyb2019 I'm sorry, that sounds so painful. I don't have any advice or help, just thought your edit was too funny. Incidentally that has always been my first PG symptom - left/right confusion. I thought it was only me!
    BabyName Ticker BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    @sejica. I have that confusion at all times regardless.  The absolute worst at giving directions.  
  • Options
    @sejica thanks. It’s sooo painful. Nope not only you haha. I have the same confusion with my left and right even on a good day lol 
  • Options
    @mindyb2019 no advice or experience just wanted to say that sucks, yet another way the first trimester can be such an ass. Hope you don't have clots and that it does go away.
  • Options
    bkinn26bkinn26 member
    Oh 5:30am....every day I wake up at 5:30am ...and not because I'm on that schedule, believe me! My body just wants to wake up and feel gross for an hour before letting me drift back to sleep. The only thing is I have to work at the clinic today (1st day back since Covid) and it's looking like I'm not getting to go back to sleep and my body has yet to decide if it is going to expell it's contents or not...

Anyone just being woken up at a random time by feeling gross/nauseated/have to pee ?! Just me? Lol I honestly think we I eat too many carbs at one time during a meal (which is a normal portion usually) I feel so sick the next day.
  • Options
    @bkinn yuck. I hate the pregnancy insomnia and it’s 10x worse if you feel like you have to puke. I’m sorry. We are a few weeks away from (temporary) relief, ladies! ❤️

@mindyb2019 that sounds so painful! Hopefully it does clear up in the 2nd trimester, but if it doesn’t are there any treatments they can do for it while you’re pregnant? 
  • Options
    Just an update! 10 weeks tomorrow and I’ve noticed the nausea is subsiding significantly over the past few days! Still super tired and have super tender breasts but I can’t say I’ll miss wanting to puke lol 
  • Options
    Also just 10 weeks yesterday and I’m starting to feel less consistently nauseous! There’s hope everyone!

@bkinn26 My problem isn’t that I wake up no fewer than 4 times to pee each night 🙄
  • Options
    I was a bit better when i hit 10 weeks too, but yesterday heard of two family members passing and spent the afternoon puking. My food aversions are back. Ate nothing all day.
  • Options
    My breasts have been so heavy and full feeling. I keep getting pains like I need to nurse, but even my t-shirts brushing against them is irritating. I don’t recall them being like this in any other pregnancy. 
  • Options
    @jelososhervy I'm so sorry for your loss :(

Dizzyness and need to pee are kicking in hard. I'm thinking they might be related as I know I'm not drinking enough and my pee output has increased.
    TTC History:
    Me: 36 H: 40 Married 2015. Together since 2010.
    TTC: Sept 2016-Oct 2017
    BFP Oct 2017. DD born July 2018.
    TTC: March 2020. BFP March 2020
    Due date was Nov 2020
    DS born Sept 2020. DS passed away Nov 2020 due to prematurity and birth trauma.
    TTC: March 2021
    IUI #1 Nov 2021, BFN
    IUI #2 Dec 2021 BFP.  MC Jan 2022
    IUI #3 Aug 2022 BFN
    IUI #4 Sept 2022 BFN
    AMH test came back at .081. Was going to move on to IVF with DE, but have decided not to. Will be leaving it up to the universe now.

• Options
    @BmcD2016 no, there really isn't any treatments they can so for it during pregnancy. Sucks. I guess it is what it is. 

@jelososhervy So sorry for your loss. 

Is anyone else cold?? I have been freezing the last few days and have goosebumps. I just feel chilly all the time and my hands are like ice. 

• Options
    @mindyb2019 yes. Cold all the time! Even the sun doesn't seem warm...I had the same with my other pregnancies...annoying but at least I don't sweat like crazy in the summer...winter may be another story...
  • Options
    @mindyb2019 yes! Except at night when trying to sleep. Last pregnancy I’d be freezing in the summer so I would literally go sit outside in the Texas sun in July for like 20-30 minutes just to get warm. So crazy. 
  • Options
    @BmcD2016 ya me too. I'm freezing during the day and then at night while sleeping im literally drenched in sweat. Weird. Least im not alone. I love sitting in the sun to warm up too lol. 
  • Options
    Is it normal to have horrible nausea and vomit one day and the next practically nothing?  7w3d.. 
  • Options
    Yep, hello gross night sweats. I’ve spent a lot of time outside here in Texas but under the shade (sunburn easily). It’s been lovely here in the evenings. Trying to get my seedlings planted but dealing with dry heaving/ mild nausea when I get out there.
  • Options
    laurenspdxlaurenspdx member
    edited May 2020
    @cjacob89 That was happening to me for the last couple weeks (I’m now 10w). I would have a horrible day or two followed by a day or two feeling totally fine. It sometimes made me nervous but the doctor said that’s completely normal, especially around that week range. If you’re still feeling any other symptoms (tired, sore boobs, etc), that can also be reassuring.
  • Options
    @cjacob89 This has been the case for me for all 3 of my pregnancies in the first trimester. I will have a few days of nausea and vomiting followed by a day or two where I can eat pretty much anything without any issue. 
  • Options
    My nausea had been going away and I had almost a week feeling good! And the past few days it’s back with some trips to the bathroom to dry heave a few times. Ugh, plain sparkling water is my friend.
    TTC History:
    Due date was Nov 2020
    IUI #1 Nov 2021, BFN
    IUI #3 Aug 2022 BFN
    IUI #4 Sept 2022 BFN
    AMH test came back at .081. Was going to move on to IVF with DE, but have decided not to. Will be leaving it up to the universe now.

• Options
    jbal918jbal918 member
    +1 for diarrhea ... I can’t eat high carb foods like rice and toast because of my GD but I don’t have bananas or anything else really binding 
    DS born 2016
  • Options
    Leg cramps have started over here!! Bent down to help put a patients shoes on at work and boom instant car spasms 
  • Options
    +1 for the burping train! Sometimes it does make me fell a tad better though

I havent really been nauseous much and my breast tenderness (really it was mostly just my nipples) has almost disappeared. I'm just. So. Tired. I take unison at night other wise I toss and turn. I can sleep all night and still need an afternoon nap! 

Also, I dont have any food aversions or cravings but if I cook, like prepare a meal not just heat something up, then I dont want it. After standing over the stove or smelling it in the oven, I just dont feel like eating it. After a while I can but I'm the one that cooks 90% of the time and I'm so over it. Hopefully now that the weather is getting nicer SO will be grilling more so that will be nice
  • Options
    @tryingktogku yes to the leg cramps. I had them with both my previous pregnancies but they were definitely worse with second. I'm praying they're not that bad this third time!
  • Options
    My headaches are back this week.I have a headache everyday now and last nights one was really painful. I'm also so tired too all the time.  I’m like falling asleep at 830 pm lol I could sleep all night and still want to have a nap in the afternoon as well. 
  • Options
    @nmadjeski Totally with you on the fatigue. No more nausea for me (yay!) but I’m still sleeping constantly. And I also sleep way better in the middle of the day than at night.

Still getting lots of sharp breast pains and crazy gas, otherwise. Also starting to feel little growing pains around my hips and uterus.
  • Options
    stella_700stella_700 member
    edited May 2020
    Heartburn woke me up last night. The chips and guacamole I had last night was amazing with my dinner but terrible in the middle of the night. In a strange way it made me feel better since yesterday was a minimal symptom day.

Yep air problems from both ends the whole time so far.
  • Options
    Whoa! Just had a scary moment at work just now. Almost fainted and blacked out. I got really dizzy and the room started to spin and I had to hold a table otherwise I would have fell over backwards. Does anyone else get these from time to time? Does anyone know why that happens? 
  • Options
    gh1219gh1219 member
    @mindyb2019 I also get that sensation.
    In my case, it's from orthostatic hypotension.  I had it in high school when I was working out a lot and my blood pressure was low- now I've been having it again.  In pregnancy we expand our blood volume and resting blood pressure goes down even more.  When we stand up, it takes a minute for our body to adjust to pumping blood "uphill" to our brains.  So it's common when we stand up suddenly to get a rush of faintness, vision loss, and in extreme cases fainting.  I've been dealing with this by drinking lots of water and slowly getting up gradually from sitting or lying down.  I also don't hesitate with the salt shaker!
    It sounds like this is what you might be suffering from, but of course the other ladies might experience a similar symptoms due to some other cause!!  But I'm glad you didn't faint and are ok.  Pregnancy is crazy...
  • Options
    @mindyb2019 it's happened to me too, both pregnancies. 
  • Options
    @willashbaby I'm sorry that's happened to you too. It's a horrible feeling. did you experience that alot in both pregnancies? Is there anything you do that helps it go away?
  • Options
    @mindyb2019 I experienced it a lot in my last pregnancy. The only thing my doctor recommended was water and Benadryl. Obviously that’s not ideal for all the time. 
  • Options
    akorosakoros member
    At 7w4d, nausea has reared its ugly head. Thankfully haven't thrown up (yet), but have felt like hot garbage the past two days. Today I only feel somewhat ok when eating, though I can't eat much, so trying to be slow. Really hoping the B6 I ordered will work
  • Options
    At the ER today- I had HG with my son, and after throwing up 20+ times today, and showing signs of worsening dehydration... I ended up back here. I’m sad, angry upset. I keep crying with no tears because I’m too dehydrated. 
    This. Sucks. 

• Options
    @the_road_to_oz So sorry to hear you're in the ER! I hope you start to feel better soon mama!!
  • Options
    bearmomma1bearmomma1 member
    edited May 2020
    @the_road_to_oz wow hope you feel better soon! 20+ times? Yikes! 

ETA: I’m 12 weeks tomorrow and my nausea has come back with a vengeance this last week! I thought I was in the clear but I’ve had many trips to the bathroom just to dry heave. Headache also the last 2 days. And exhaustion, needing a nap like an hour or 2 after I wake up.
    TTC History:
    Due date was Nov 2020
    IUI #1 Nov 2021, BFN
    IUI #3 Aug 2022 BFN
    IUI #4 Sept 2022 BFN