December 2020 Moms
Options

May Symptoms

Re: May Symptoms

• Options
    maisasmaisas member
    alsozono same it's all day and I just want to cry I'm so done feeling like this.

This is gunna sound bad while I'm not happy y'all are also feeling like crap I am happy I'm not alone :/ 

Wow writing this I'm crying I HATE this nausea
  • Options
    @RookieAlert it really depends on each pregnancy. My second experience now is different than the first regarding when it peaked...

You guys only a few more weeks, we got this! Nausea go away!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    @maisas. I keep telling myself this is all for a good thing!  I am (and you are) a strong bada$$ momma and we can do anything!  (Okay right now getting off the couch and eating things are crazy hard, but I can survive anything).  

Also the May book club book says woman throw up an average of 6 times while pregnant.  Well I am bringing that average way up!!  My mom was sick throughout her whole pregnancy including labor, and I am really hoping I am not like that.  Payback is a B!
  • Options
    akorosakoros member
    Mostly good days (which means fatigue, bloating, and gas), with some bad days peppered in (above + nausea and headaches). Today's a bad day, and since I felt hungover all day I figured I might as well have my old "drunk snack" before bed (cheese quesadilla with hot sauce). I'm also so hungry *all* the time. This is definitely different, last time I had difficulty eating enough (not from nausea, I just wasn't hungry).

All in all I know I can't complain, it could be a lot worse. That said, leave me alone, I need a nap...
  • Options
    @dobiemom11 I just read that part too! It said something like “most women won’t throw up every day for a month.” Literally just hit that landmark today...

Today, all I wanted to eat for dinner was three gerkin pickles. 9 weeks tomorrow so hopefully one more week before things start to feel better!
  • Options
    @dobiemom11 @laurenspdx
    Okay i have to check this book cause that is some misinformation right there!
    I vomited every night from week 6 till week 15 like clockwork last time! With some bonuses some days! An average of 6 times the whole pregnancy?!
  • Options
    @jelososhervy and @laurenspdx I was like there must be a lot of people not getting sick, because I am certainly bringing up the numbers.  It just started the middle of last week but multiple times a day at this point.  My doctor gave me a prescription that she hopes will help, because I have lost close to 16lbs so far.  I love @jelososhervy description of bonuses (that is how I will think of them now).  

Prayers that this symptom subsides quickly for all of us.  In the meantime, I salute you with my ginger ale cup!  

• Options
    May has been much worse than April and I was expecting it to start to ease up, so am a feeling a bit defeated! Every day is a little bit different from the others. I'm 8w 4d today and have essentially been experiencing 24/7 nausea ever since May 1. Previously it was mostly all day or isolated to one part of the day, but I was able to eat fairly healthy food and drink plenty of water. This week, anything I put in my mouth makes me feel horrible. Last night I had to eat a couple of crackers in the middle of the night just to be able to settle my stomach and go back to sleep. Yesterday was the first day that I vomited, and it happened morning while I was conference calls for work - and there was basically nothing in me. I have been extremely tired, and the nausea has really stepped up this week so its really weighing me down. If the vomiting continues I'm going to ask for some medication from my Dr at my first appointment next week, but I just am trying to avoid taking anything as long as I can. I am worried this is affecting my food/water intake and maybe affecting my little one, but just trying to do the best I can.
  • Options
    @jelososhervy @dobiemom11 Seriously! Six times all pregnancy seems like so little. That can’t be right at all.

@dobiemom11 Sorry to hear you’ve lost so much! I’ve only lost like 3 lbs or so. I know it’s not unheard of to lose in the first tri but it’s still a little unsettling. Hopefully your doc will have some good help to offer.

@shelmcclel Sorry to hear you’re feeling so crappy. I really hope that better days are in reach! 

I’m at the point that I’m alternating good and bad days, which is giving me hope (I’m 9w today). Even when I am feeling crappy I do remind myself that its a good indication of a healthy baby! My SO makes fun of me because whenever I emerge from being sick I say something like “isn’t that great? What a good sign!”
  • Options
    I am having morning "hangover" type symptoms and it is awful! It is hard to stomach anything until the evening. I also have extreme food aversions. Basically all I can eat are carbs and fruit. Any suggestions from anyone??
  • Options
    @alina_yyc I’ve found purple grapes help keep my stomach settled 
  • Options
    jbal918jbal918 member
    At night seems to be my downfall. After dinner, I either puke or am nauseous the rest of the night until bed time. Nothing helps until I puke or fall asleep. 
    DS born 2016
  • Options
    @dobiemom11 super awesome bonuses! Cheers! 😂

@shelmcclel i know the feeling of thinking all of this that our bodies are going through couldn't possibly be good for whoever is growing in there! But the reality is, while our bodies are feeling like dying, those little kickers are thriving in there. Completely untouched by our nausea. I like to remind myself that they likely are still receiving nutrients from the yolk sac as the placenta is growing and getting ready to take over. And right around the time the yolk disappears that is when the placenta takes charge and that is when we feel better! That is when it matters to drink and eat healthy.

Another thing I wanted to bring up to discussion is the prenatal vitamin. This is only mine and my doctors opinion so obviously take with your own responsibility, but when I was pregnant the first time I immediately got a prenatal. When nausea hit it was unreal. My doctor told me she doesnt actually recommend a prenatal pill saying the only two supplements she believes in (1st trimester) are folic acid (or folate) and iodine. Since we have iodine in our salt she said to only take folic. After a week I stopped and the nausea went from death to less death. It also turned out that I had high levels of iron so it was likely truly making my nausea worse. The rest of my pregnancy was completely healthy as well as the baby.

This time I'm only taking folic acid and I can say it hasnt been as bad as the first time regarding the nausea. Its just something to think about.
  • Options
    @jelososhervy my doc (2 different ones, different pregnancies) said to just take folic acid in first trimester as well, and I had the same experience. Once I stopped the prenatal and just took the folic acid I felt quite a bit better. They did recommend switching back in 2nd trimester which may explain why my nausea is usually worse then...
  • Options
    With my third pregnancy I could not stomach prenatal vitamins at all. Like no matter what I did, even in the second trimester when my nausea was gone I tried again and just couldn’t do it. She is a wild, totally fine 3 year old now. 
  • Options
    jbal918jbal918 member
    What’s everyone doing for constipation? I think that’s what’s messing with the nausea. I go to my OBGYN Tuesday so I’m going to ask for recommendations too!
    DS born 2016
  • Options
    @jbal918 nothing cause I have no constipation lol I have the opposite 🤨 
  • Options
    @mindyb2019 Me too! I was starving all day and finally felt like eating all sorts of things, but by the afternoon it was all going straight through me. Now I’m nauseous again 😩
  • Options
    @jbal918 adding flax seed, increase water intake or take a docusate sodium (colace) it’s safe during pregnancy 
  • Options
    @jbal918. My doctor recommended Dulcolax.  I ordered the stimulant free version, but haven't really had an issue since I got it.  

@mindyb2019 and @laurenspdx. All the days seem to run together.  I woke up this morning and was like hmm... nothing has really happened in that department for a while.  I will keep an eye on it to see if I need to take something.  Diarrhea all day!  Guess that answers that question.  My doctor recommended Immodium if it gets really bad.  
  • Options
    Add me to the list of ladies with bm issues, I’m on the diarrhea end. I’m also exhausted early starting this week. After the twins are in bed, I make a token effort to stay awake past 9:30 but I’ve cratered by ten. If I keep small healthy snacks with me and remember to eat them the dry heaving stays away.
  • Options
    LOTS of water and Colace if it's been more than two days. 
  • Options
    I seem to fluctuate from not being able to go to running to the bathroom. 

@jbal918 with my last pregnancy my dr also recommended Ducolax. I’ve already ordered some and have them for when I need them. 

My dizziness at night got better - at least for last night. Since I got my positive test every time I roll over at night I get the spins for 10-30 seconds. It’s been awful. Last night was the first time I was able to roll over with no spinning in 3 full weeks. 
  • Options
    Well I officially couldn’t get comfortable to sleep last night! Can’t lay on my stomach anymore it just feels weird on the boobs and the lower belly, and even on either side with a pillow between my legs I just couldn’t get comfy and I finally fell asleep on my back but woke up back on my side lol thinking of investing in a body pillow 
  • Options
    @tryingktogku I have a body pillow and love that thing. I got it out at like week 6. I sleep so much better with it 
  • Options
    I always sleep with one, seriously. Since I was a kid. My favorite of all time (and it lasts forever) is the 95/5 feather/down "cuddler" from cuddledown. I keep two protectors on it so I never feel the feathers and a nice cover. Best one I've ever had. https://www.cuddledown.com/itemdy00.aspx?T1=Z1092+100+22&srccode=NXCZC6&utm_source=froogle&utm_medium=pla&utm_campaign=2014&gclid=CjwKCAjwqdn1BRBREiwAEbZcR2CVWpAwsD2VH3NipWcq_xUqJCrw4UA86OpTe4wdZesUt2XuAqQTTRoCthsQAvD_BwE&gclsrc=aw.ds
  • Options
    Yes! A body pillow changed how I sleep a few months ago. Such a good purchase! It takes up a lot of space in the bed but, hey, worth it.
  • Options
    I’ve also slept with a body pillow, thanks to joint problems. We ordered me a U shaped pregnancy pillow, but it’s too short for me to feel comfortable with. My husband ended up stealing it and loves it to death 😂
    Me: 36 | DH: 35 | Married: 9.17.16
    Diminished ovarian reserve
    BFP: 4/14/2020 EDD: 12/20/2020
  • Options
    Good to know! I’ll deff be looking into buying one lol
  • Options
    karmbakarmba member
    Ugh I noticed fast hair growth this week.  Of course it’s only on my chin - I had forgotten that fun part of pregnancy.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Me: 34 DH: 36
    Married 10/15/11
    M/C October 2014
    BFP #2 4/3/16  EDD 12/8/16  DS 11/19/16

• Options
    @karmba did you have this before? I noticed one weird new dark hair on my chin. Never had that before I just plucked it lol what else r u supposed to do! 
  • Options
    karmbakarmba member
    @tryingktogku it started with my first pregnancy - chin hair  :| it’s not a lot but now it seems to be growing faster!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Me: 34 DH: 36
    Married 10/15/11
    M/C October 2014
    BFP #2 4/3/16  EDD 12/8/16  DS 11/19/16

• Options
    My sense of smell is in super-drive and it isn't helping my nausea.  I haven't actually vomited yet, but most afternoons/evenings I am not feeling well.  Also chicken seems to be grossing me out big time, both in smell and sight.  I really am looking forward to the second trimester, when all of these issues normally subside for me.
  • Options
    My burping has gotten out of control. It’s just the only thing that makes me feel relief from the full feeling after eating (even after eating small amounts). Luckily I don’t have to hide it around my SO but it is really embarrassing. Anyone else dealing with this?
  • Options
    @laurenspdx yes same. Its either burp or vomit so I'll take the burping. 

@karmba oh no chin hair here, but my unibrow grew in like one day. It was insane. I sported it for a while (cause i didn't have the energy to give a shit) but yesterday I tackled it. Should be back tomorrow.
  • Options
    @jelososhervy and @laurenspdx. Unfortunately my burping normally leads to vomiting.  I told my husband he can't burp around me, because that sends me running.  Wish we could get the dog to understand.  
  • Options
    Just wanted to say thank you to all of you for being so supportive and wonderful new friends/fellow December mommas! happy Mother’s Day also! Here come my hormone triggered emotions - but really and truly it’s SO helpful to have this forum to come to for advice and just to feel less alone during these really tough weeks while we’re not sharing the news with everyone.

@jelososhervy @BmcD2016 Thanks for sharing about vitamins - my husband (a pharmacist) has said the same thing about just taking folic acid so I think I might try that since taking my normal prenatal has been really tough the past two weeks (I.e. some days I don’t take them, and feel incredibly guilty but I just can’t get it down or keep it there)

• Options
    @laurenspdx yes. I’m always burping a lot too. I did it the other day at work in the lunch room and one of my co workers that I don’t see often was there and I burped so loud. I didn’t mean too it just totally slipped out haha. I was like oops omg I’m soo sorry  I didn’t mean for that to happen. 🤦‍♀️ She just giggled at me and said “it’s ok” lol 
  • Options
    Hetta05Hetta05 member
    I am super grumpy today and trying not to ruin my own Mother’s Day. I just feel awful today and want silence while  DD wants to do all the things! 

Also I may have cried when H waited until freaking 11am to go get donuts (I had told him for four days that I was craving a specific one) and they didn’t have the one I wanted. Oy
  • Options
    @Hetta05 oh no! That really stinks and I’m so sorry your Mother’s Day hadn’t gone quite to plan.