August 2020 Moms

Covid-19 Thread

123457»

Re: Covid-19 Thread

• @RedBaramid I used this pattern and made one for myself and 4 year old (they have an adult size and child size pattern). I used an old pair of gap black work pants that have slight stretch to the fabric. I’m really happy with how they turned out. 

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • DH had to pick up a prescription for me yesterday. He said the pharmacy was empty (except for the 4 employees working) and everyone was wearing masks. We've been living off InstaCart and Amazon deliveries. I am so thankful to have technology so I don't have to step foot in the grocery store

Please, please, please take care of yourself and be safe and take all the precautions.
    *TW* Loss mentioned:
    https://www.today.com/health/newborn-louisiana-dies-after-mom-covid-19-goes-preterm-labor-t177807

This is the first report I've seen on preterm labor due to the mother contracting the virus. Hits so close to home. The mom was 22 weeks gestation. I guess this is an example of complications that are still developing as we better understand COVID, especially with pregnancy.

• @tyrion_ From the reports today it looks like he's on oxygen not on a ventilator which means that if he was anyone else, he would probably be on a high dependency ward not intensive care. Obviously, I don't have an issue with the doctors being extra cautious about the leader of the country. It is still unsettling but also not that surprising if you think about the number of hours he's probably been working, even since he's been ill.

• Whew, Boris is out of the hospital and ok. I’m not British but man did it make me nervous when he was put in the ICU - really hits home how serious this is and how no one is safe/spared. 
    @kgrgreen Oh gosh, I hadn’t seen that article. Just terrible. It really is a nerve wracking time to be pregnant. I will breath a bit of a sigh of relief next month when I hit 24 weeks... 
  • @laur84ns I'm glad he's getting better it really has been a bit of a shock with him being so ill. His partner is also 7m pregnant and was also ill, but was ok at home and I've thaught about how worried she must have been a lot this week.
  • I’m thinking about having my cleaning lady come next week. Is this the worst idea ever? My husband, daughter, and I have all been home together from work/school since mid March and things get so messy with all of us here 24/7. I haven’t had her come since the first week of March.  I’ve done as much as I can myself each week, but I’m physically not able to do certain things right now due to sciatica. If I have her come I would definitely find out if she has had any sick contacts, have her wear a mask, etc. I’m just really struggling to keep up with the housework and it’s really stressing me out that things aren’t as clean as I’d like them to be. Also, I live in Southern California and there is a fair amount of community spread/new cases here  Ugh, advice please. 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • @tara4910 I think you need to weigh the pros/cons and figure out what you and your family (and cleaner) are comfortable with. Personally, after weighing the risks I’m continuing to have my cleaner come biweekly. She wears a mask and gloves the entire time and is taking all this seriously. My mental health through all this matters too, and having a clean house really helps my anxiety.