August 2020 Moms
Options

Covid-19 Thread

Re: Covid-19 Thread

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    That's amazing! @RedBaramid I agree @coldlife I am one who normally NEVER gets sick, and I was so sick this winter!  I remember just coughing and coughing like through most of February, before people were really talking much about it.  I remember saying oh, mostly I don't "feel" sick, just can't stop coughing.  Then by end of February I had a few days there I really did feel sick, and maybe some stomach symptoms.  But even then, late February what you heard about Corona was you would get a cough + fever, get very sick, and then you could die. 😬 No one was talking about asymptomatic or less symptomatic carriers.  And I was working in the public around all sorts of people who absolutely were traveling the world so... 🤷🤷🤷 Who knows.  That will be something tho if they can start running antibody tests <i>en masse</i>!
  • Options
    @RedBaramid This is the latest from the Royal Collage of Obstetric and Gynaecology UK and if you look at section 1.3 they mention it. https://www.rcog.org.uk/globalassets/documents/guidelines/2020-03-28-covid19-pregnancy-guidance.pdf
  • Options
    @cornichonmam Wow, thanks for sharing that!   <3
    Me: 33  DH: 36
    Dating 4/2008
    Married 6/2016
    TTC #1  9/2019
    BFP 12/13/2019!
    EDD 8/27/2020 Baby Girl  <3
  • Options
    @rivercitynik I'm also due at the beginning of August and we just moved my shower from 5/30 to 6/27. I live in NY (state, not city) and we're expected to have a peak in the next 2ish weeks, so I hope things are looking better by mid-late June. I know my mom is worried about when to send out invites, but I think most people will be extremely understanding if there isn't as much head's up time as usual. I think her current timeline is to order invites in late April and send out mid/late May. I'm assuming she'll also text people the date ahead of time as well. 

I posted in the randoms thread, but the dresser I want for the nursery is currently out of stock on BBB and I can't find it anywhere else. The lovely person I talked to through their online chat (and then spoke with on the phone to order the dresser) said they had about 50 in stock, so I'm not sure what happened as I just got an order cancellation email. I have a sneaking suspicion that they're not sending out stuff for delivery because of Covid. I wish I had thought to order it sooner though. 
  • Options
    @strawberryfields82 I know for the birthing class I was looking into, it’s something that they wanted women to sign up for in their 3rd trimester. I know it’s definitely unlikely but maybe by that time classes would presume? If not, maybe check in to where you were looking into to see if they could suggest online support or see if they are doing something along those lines? I’d be interested as well! 

So, my husband just sent me this screenshot, I knew police would eventually start cracking down on those who weren’t obeying the rules. 
    Also, I’m officially laid off from work. It’s a job I started in October as a casual, I won’t have enough hours for maternity leave. So that’s fun. 😖

• Options
    @mrswheeler812 I am sorry, its such a bummer. I think most places are doing the "no partners aloud at the office" anymore at this time. I have my AS in a week and will be alone as well. I know it really sucks but we are all in the same boat with you, hang in there! Tell them they better get some extra perfect little print outs to take home to your SO!
  • Options
    @charhar0820 I'm sorry you were laid off! Hopefully it doesn't last long.  What line of work are you in?

@mrswheeler812 I'm sorry :( I think it's totally unfair that they won't let you FaceTime. Any idea why that's a rule??

@rivercitynik @strawberryfields82 That's a bummer about the classes. Do the online ones still offer a feature to interact with the other moms? Like a chat or video chat? I know it's not the same
    Married July 2014
    DD born June 2016
    Second due August 2020 (team green!)
  • Options
    I am so so glad to hear you're feeling better!  As scary as it is, I think it's important to celebrate the people who are recovering ❤️ @cornichonmam
  • Options
    @samsonator - I think the rule is for if something is discovered or if they say one thing at one appointment and it changes at the next they can't be sued. I'm not sure though. 
    @maelove - I did get some great shots! It was kind of fun to be able to go home and surprise him. I considered waiting to know until I was home with him but it was VERY obviously a boy on the ultrasound when she went to measure his legs! At the end of the day I know I will have other ultrasounds with this one so I'm trying to let everything roll off my back right now.
  • Options
    cornichonmamcornichonmam member
    edited April 2020

Boris Johnson has been admitted to intensive care this evening with CV14. Obviously, the current situation is very serious but somehow this news makes it feel even more so.

@RedBaramid I saw this good article today about what fabrics are best for making homemade facemasks based on scientific testing.
    https://www.refinery29.com/en-gb/2020/04/9654306/cdc-surgeon-general-makes-face-mask

• Options
    @cornichon The Boris Johnson news made me nervous as well. I think it’s from knowing that he is getting the absolute best care and still has had a decline of sorts. Very rattling for me.