August 2020 Moms

Covid-19 Thread

Re: Covid-19 Thread

• Loading the player...
  • Honestly its starting to improve in other countries and they are very close to a vaccine breakthrough in Africa I think I read.I don't think this will last till may. As of right now none of my appointments will be cancelled because I am high risk before this mess so they have to see me... I work in a credit union so they wont close us down at least but my husband works in a big factory. I did read the Pregnant women are more at risk and I will include one article I've found. It looks like we've been labeled high risk just because we are susceptible to the flu and other respiratory issues because of our weakened immune system during pregnancy.
    https://consultqd.clevelandclinic.org/managing-pregnancy-during-the-covid-19-pandemic/
  • @tyrion_ How are you doing today?  Been thinking of you.
    Me: 33  DH: 36
    Dating 4/2008
    Married 6/2016
    TTC #1  9/2019
    BFP 12/13/2019!
    EDD 8/27/2020 Baby Girl  <3
  • edited March 2020
    ziggymama06 said: How could doctors perform the 6 week pp checkup via video?  Don't they need to physically examine you and make sure you are healing properly?!
    Not necessarily. I was physically examined after my cesarean, however, I was NOT physically examined after giving birth to DD, despite having a 2nd degree tear plus another pretty significant tear in addition to that. I think it depends on the office/practice. So, in those cases, where a physical exam is not necessary, video postpartum checkup could totally be a thing.
  • @ziggymama06
    No idea either how the pp check up could be digital... I was examined and they used that appointment to check my emotional health and how I was coping. Also to draw more labs and see if my iron levels and blood count went up after my blood transfusion. 
  • @tyrion_ From what I have seen yes, Even Italy is having improvements and China has shut down their covid-19 hospitals because they arent getting any new cases.
  • catana15catana15 member
    edited March 2020
    @viola_mama Oregon has just closed bars and dine-in restaurants. But Washington has closed dine-in restaurants, bars, coffee shops, food courts, barber shops, hair salons, youth sports, theaters and bowling alleys. And no gatherings of over 50 people. 

I'm sorry for your friend. That would be very scary being due that soon to all this madness. 
  • @older1sttime_mom2b I'm thinking of you and your husband ♥️ We are here for you. 
  • Not sure if this should be a different thread but has anyone have any thoughts on Baby Showers and timing with the whole Virus situation? I have already cancelled my gender reveal that I was planning on having next week. I was hoping to have a baby shower in June but not sure about whats going to happen now....