July 2020 Moms

Baby Names- Drop 'em here!

1235»

Re: Baby Names- Drop 'em here!

• I think my baby name opinion is being pushed aside at our house. We have it narrowed down to Graham or Milo, and I think I lean more Graham but DH leans more Milo. And the kids are DEFINITELY team Milo. My son got beat in sparring at a martial arts tournament by a kid named Graham, so he said hates that name 😂
  • rjk0427rjk0427 member
    edited March 2020
    @modoodles I love both names so I don’t think you can go wrong. DH and I ran into the same problem with so many names. They kept making us think of someone and not in a good way. We finally narrowed it down to Henry and Oliver, going with Oliver officially. We’ve had the middle name (Walter) for years- literally- after both our grandfathers. 

Edited bc autocorrect keeps changing name to babe. 😂
  • Loading the player...
  • shaqn0sisshaqn0sis member
    edited March 2020
    Since we are having a girl - I think we have it narrowed down to 2.

Cali. This name has been picked out by my husband for years; he likes the flow of it with our last name and we could then call her CeCe for short. I'm not so gungho about it because it reminds me of someone terrible that I knew. Not sure on a middle name yet if we decide to go with this name. 
    Logan. I picked this name, and it's starting to grow on my husband. I have a few middle names picked out, which come from my side of the family but haven't decided yet which ones I like best. 

B) 
  • @shaqn0sis I like both of those!!
  • No ideas. Not one. I love a lot suggested here,  it dh just hates everything. My sisters SIL gave birth today and named her son Nicolas - my sisters sons name. My sister is kinda pissed, as it isn’t a family name. So I told her I was going to do the same 😂
  • @kittenslove omg that would piss me off too! My sister had a Brody and her stepsister (we have different dads) named her first son Brodie a year or two after. My sister was pretty upset. 
  • Ya, it’s weird. There are only three kids on that side... 2 are now Nicolas. And the original Nick is known by both Nick at school and Cole in the family. So he kinda uses both nicknames. I suggested we call new Nick “little Nick”. 
  • I always wondered about that, having siblings use the same name. It definitely is weird, although if you've loved a name forever and have been set on it and someone else happens to pick it first, that seems kind of crappy to have to pick a new one you haven't had your heart set on. If it wasn't a name they've loved forever though, they definitely could have just picked a different one, that's shady otherwise.
  • We’ve been set on names since before we got pregnant 🤣

we are having a girl, and her name will be Elliott Bird Gray (Elli-Bird for short). The only thing we are still debating is spelling. I’m leaning towards Elliott; he’s leaning towards Elliot. I think it looks incomplete without both l’s and both t’s. He wants Bird...I want Byrd. He doesn’t know it yet but I think we’ll just compromise. I get Elliott and he gets Bird 🤣
  • @amygray725 I love it! And I love your pre-planned compromise 😂
  • @amygray725 I totally like your spellings best! 
  • We are between 2 names but i dont feel in love with them. Atleast not like i loved my first daughters name Viviana Mia .
    This baby girls name is between Victoria maria or Ariella Elizabeth .
    My husband loves victoria and to keep the V letters. But i want something unique but not crazy.  I dont think any more names i like so well just wait till we lay eyes on her and decide at this point. No custom blankets in the mean time. :( 
  • @m3lisssaaa I really like Ariella. It sounds more unique and modern, but that’s just me.