Trying to Get Pregnant

IF testing & treatment week of 3/30/2020

edited March 2020 in Trying to Get Pregnant
This is a place for those of us who have already started TTC, but have started infertility testing and/or treatments. You can express your thoughts, feelings, and frustrations on infertility. TTC can be a long journey naturally, then add in the difficulties associated with infertility, and it becomes a whole new ball game. The road to infertility can be lonely, frustrating, and complicated, so let's make this a place where we can vent, ask questions, and support one another. Feel free to resurrect this thread at any point in the week if you have something to say. Treat this as an ongoing conversation. 

Diagnosis (if you've been): 

Status (WTO/TWW/TTA):

What are you doing this cycle? (Testing? Treatment?): 

How are things going?: 

Any questions?:

GTKY: What is the best thing your partner has done/said to help you through IF as a couple? 

Re: IF testing & treatment week of 3/30/2020

• Loading the player...
  • @inthewoods23 sorry its taking forever to O! I know that feeling all to well!  And my OB gave me three doses of clomid and said I could keep taking if I wanted but I am not going to if it didn’t stick this time! Sorry DH has checked out. Unfortunately everyone deals with these things differently. How have the diet changes been going! I’ve been GF and DF for 6months now! I did however breakdown and order a dairy free gluten free piazza because it’s the only thing I’ve been craving the last few months and today I broke haha

@feather_heather I love that your DH is optimistic and wants to make you a mom one way or another! also glad you got the right gauge needles! 
  • @feather_heather @tryingktogku diet has been fine. Since we're not doing the FET I sometimes let myself slip. Like I finished off the milk chocolate orange that was bought back around Christmas time and I had a chocolate turtle - just 1 though! I'm officially down 10lbs since starting. I think all my pants are actually loose!

@tryingktogku how was that pizza? DF cheese has been my least favorite part to this experience. I haven't had a chance to find and try different brands. So far I've only had Daiya. Their shredded mozzarella has a weird rubbery/processed taste to it that I don't like. We love making homemade pizza though so this is such a disappointing thing for me! Our freezer space is so small we really can't stock up on frozen pizza unless we planned on making it right away and in that case, we may as well make a fresh homemade one. I totally understand the pizza craving though! I definitely had that a few weeks into the diet where I was DYING to have a pizza.

@feather_heather lol yes the 22g takes forever! Weirdly estradiol valerate they gave me the syringe, an 18g needle and 25g needle but gave me differently for PIO. For PIO they had given me a syringe that already included a 22g and then a 25g needle for injection. My last order they finally opted to give me the same syringes and needles for PIO as they have been for the estradiol. Sadly I never got to use them because the world got cancelled lol.
    *TW* History:
    Me: 34 DH: 36 | Together since 2007 | Married July 2016

TTC #1 since 7.2017
    Dx: low morph (1%), ANA positive, low decidualization score, high TSH and testosterone, histone antibodies

IUI #1-3 all BFN
    IVF #1 | 6.11.19 | 24R, 17M, 15F, 6B, PGT-A tested - 5 normal, 3 girls & 2 boys
    FET #1 | 9.10.19 | BFN "I know you, but we've never met. I'm with you, but I don't know your name"
    RPL, Receptiva, & ERA testing | all normal/negative, recommended going on gluten and dairy free diet for next FET
    FET #2 | 3.31.20 | Opted to cancelled due to pandemic, continued diet and tried naturally over the summer
    2nd Opinion with another RE | 8.20.20 | Not immune to measles (received 1 dose); SA results similar to 2 years ago; decided to move forward with FET #2 redo at start of next cycle
    Surprise natural BFP! | 9.22.20 | MC 10.23.20 at 8 weeks
    TTCAL naturally | starting 11.22.20

Initial consultation with Reproductive Immunologist | 9.14.21
    Decidualization score biopsy | 10.1.21 | abnormal - low score of 1; endometrial scratch recommended and progesterone supplementation
    Saline sono | 10.15.21 | normal
    Bloodwork | 10.21.21 high TSH, high testosterone, positive for anti-nuclear antibodies and histone antibodies, high protein S, multiple genetic mutations
    BFP! | 11.3.21 | EDD 7.14.22 B) | biopsy provided same effect as endometrial scratch; added supplemental progesterone and estrogen, prednisone, levothyroxine, and MTX Support to maintain pregnancy
    DS born 7.19.22 after induction

TTC #2 begins 6.2023
    Consultation with RI | 6.6.23
    Saline sono, endometritis biopsy, skin & eye check | all normal
    Labs | high TSH, Factor XIII mutation, high %CD56
    Follow up | 8.8.23 | prescribed metformin, prednisone, plaquenil, and levothyroxine
    Repeat labs after 3 weeks on meds
    Follow up | 11.9.23 | Green light!, increase in prednisone, added lovenox
    Repeat labs in 8 weeks
    Follow up | 1.16.24 | Green light continues
    TTC put on pause
  • @kpearse99 I haven't been out shopping in over a week, but when DH went out this weekend during the day, he said a lot of stuff is just GONE. I asked for cold/flu meds and he came back with all that was left which was a 68 pack of mucinex. Like jesus we do NOT need that much, also that's not what I asked for, and it's already a medication we already have at home. So omg we're never going to get through that package. We probably won't even open it before it expires next year lol.
    *TW* History:

TTC #1 since 7.2017
    Dx: low morph (1%), ANA positive, low decidualization score, high TSH and testosterone, histone antibodies

IUI #1-3 all BFN
    FET #1 | 9.10.19 | BFN "I know you, but we've never met. I'm with you, but I don't know your name"
    RPL, Receptiva, & ERA testing | all normal/negative, recommended going on gluten and dairy free diet for next FET
    FET #2 | 3.31.20 | Opted to cancelled due to pandemic, continued diet and tried naturally over the summer
    2nd Opinion with another RE | 8.20.20 | Not immune to measles (received 1 dose); SA results similar to 2 years ago; decided to move forward with FET #2 redo at start of next cycle

Decidualization score biopsy | 10.1.21 | abnormal - low score of 1; endometrial scratch recommended and progesterone supplementation
    Bloodwork | 10.21.21 high TSH, high testosterone, positive for anti-nuclear antibodies and histone antibodies, high protein S, multiple genetic mutations
    BFP! | 11.3.21 | EDD 7.14.22 B) | biopsy provided same effect as endometrial scratch; added supplemental progesterone and estrogen, prednisone, levothyroxine, and MTX Support to maintain pregnancy

TTC #2 begins 6.2023
    Follow up | 8.8.23 | prescribed metformin, prednisone, plaquenil, and levothyroxine
    Repeat labs in 8 weeks
    TTC put on pause
  • @kpearse god your DH has been a rock for you during these times and that you are enjoying NTNP!

@inthewoods23 there is a local restaurant that does them and they are to die for. I’m not sure what vegan cheese they use because anything I’ve bought in store has been gross too expect for the earth brand Parmesan! That’s good!
  • @tryingktogku you know, I've had the same issue with GF hamburger buns too. What I've had is fine for like... half the burger and then I give up because they're too dry. BUT whatever GF bun The Purple Cow down in Arkansas is using - SO good.

@shoogapoff yes! Limbo limbo limbo!
    ShyJointGnatcatcher GIF  Gfycat
    *TW* History:

TTC #1 since 7.2017

IUI #1-3 all BFN

TTC #2 begins 6.2023
    Repeat labs in 8 weeks
    TTC put on pause
  • @emeraldduchess happy to hear your genetic consult went well! And woohoo positive OPK!

@pom9207 welcome to the limbo club haha. GL on your future interviews!

@the_road_to_oz so glad you can do clomid during this time! 
    *TW* History:

TTC #1 since 7.2017

IUI #1-3 all BFN

TTC #2 begins 6.2023
    Repeat labs in 8 weeks
    TTC put on pause
  • @shoogapoff well hopefully the world settles down and everyone can resume their treatments soon. Unfortunately time is a factor for a lot of us TTC and I get feel like you are “losing time” due to the cancelled IUI. Hopefully you are enjoying loosely tracking tho! Sometimes it’s less stressful when you aren’t thinking about it like a medicated cycle 

@emeraldduchess I suppose one partner has to be money sensitive too though during fertility treatments because I don’t know about you but I feel like I’d spend everything to get a baby and thank god my husband is more financially rational or we would be broke TTC lol and yay for positive OPK! 

@pom9207 that’s so great you have a sense of humour going through this! I find when I can laugh about things I deal with them much better! 

@the_@the_road_to_oz well yay for being able to move forward! I found the clomid gave me two days of blazing positive OPKS and my temps were higher than normal all around! I did not feel any side effects from the medication however I did take it right before bed as instructed by my OB!

• It's transfer day!! *Record scratches*

Oh wait 🤣

I told DH yesterday that in hindsight it's probably good we had to cancel because I am only 2 days past having low grade fever temps so a transfer wouldn't have been the best idea. Do they ever cancel cycles when people get sick?
    *TW* History:

TTC #1 since 7.2017

IUI #1-3 all BFN

TTC #2 begins 6.2023
    Repeat labs in 8 weeks
    TTC put on pause
  • edited March 2020
    @inthewoods23 - Ughh sorry girl  :'(  Right now, with everything going on, they probably would have cancelled it because of your fever anyways... I had to pass multiple phone and in person checks about my health and my husband's health the 10 days prior to the transfer. If either of us had a cough or fever during that time it would have been cancelled. In normal life, I'm not sure!
  • @feather_heather that's what I'm assuming too. I have no idea what kind of measures they have in place around here if they are taking people's temps or what. Eh, oh well.

@kpearse99 omg it totally never occurred to me to use the Mucinex for FW time haha. Now I have a solid supply. Does it matter if it's maximum strength or not? Maybe DH will be the hero out of all of this in the end 😂
    *TW* History:

TTC #1 since 7.2017

IUI #1-3 all BFN

TTC #2 begins 6.2023
    Repeat labs in 8 weeks
    TTC put on pause
  • @inthewoods23 ugh. This whole thing  ... sucks :(

• @inthewoods23 it needs to be the plain mucinex to use for FW.  The only active ingredient should be guaifenesin. 
    Our TTC Journey
    TTC #1: May 2011
    BFP: 10/27/2011 |  EDD: 6/30/12
    DS born 6/28/12 via C/S 3 

TTC #2: September 2018
    Me: 36 | DH: 39
    Mirena removed 9/13/2018 after 6 years
    BFP 11/11/2018 | MC @ 5.5 weeks on Thanksgiving
    July 2019 - Diagnosed with Secondary Unexplained IF
    August 2019 - 2.5 mg of Letrozole = Never Ovulated so Trigger and IUI were cancelled
    9/30/2019 - IUI #1 (5 mg of Letrozole + Trigger) =  BFP but Betas showed CP @ 4 weeks
    10/28/2019 - IUI #2 (7.5mg of Letrozole + Trigger) = BFN
    11/25/2019 - IUI #3 (7.5mg of Letrozole, Trigger + Crinone after IUI) = BFN
    12/24/2019 - IUI #4 (7.5mg of Letrozole + Crinone after IUI) = BFN
    1/24/2020 - IUI #5 (50mg of Clomid + Trigger + Crinone after IUI) = BFN and an Ovarian Cyst
    3/2/2020 - Taking a break to reset/NTNP
    11/1/2020 - At peace with where things are in life and are no long actively TTC. Whatever happens will happen and it will all be okay. <3

• @kpearse99 darn, the one I have is the expectorant and cough suppressant (Mucinex DM). Maybe it could still help?
    *TW* History:

TTC #1 since 7.2017

IUI #1-3 all BFN

TTC #2 begins 6.2023
    Repeat labs in 8 weeks
    TTC put on pause
  • @bluetickgal Glad you're getting into the groove of WFH. That's not always easy. And glad you're enjoying the more relaxed approach as well. FX it does the trick and you don't even need IUI!
  • @bluetickgal well I’m glad someone else test like that! I just don’t wanna do it on my own. And some part of me is like maybe if I switch it up the result will be different lol. How many medicated cycles have you done? I don’t O without meds either and the clomid worked but it’s been discontinued so I’ll be put in letrozole for the next time if there is a next time! (Trying to be optimistic) 

@keikilove sorry your HIO got interrupted by an argument!! I hate when that happens but when you’ve been TTC for a while it’s bound to happen! Did you HIO close to O still? And I know how ya feel because I also continued with my unmonitored cycle (but I had started it before COVID erupted) I just didn’t stop it (I had taken the Provera but not the clomid and decided to just take the clomid anyway) 
  • @shoogapoff thanks friend, definitely appreciate it! 
    @keikilove thanks lady! I’m glad you went ahead with the Letrozole this cycle and didn’t seem to have any issues with O or OPK’s! My OPK’s are always slightly positive, but I think that has more to do with PCOS than the Letrozole...I get clear positives when O is near! Fingers crossed so hard for you that this is your cycle...2 rounds of HIO still gives you a great shot! 
    @tryingktogku hope you get good news when you test together! I started my first medicated cycle in May 2018 with Clomid...had 2 failed Clomid cycles, then they switched me to Letrozole. First cycle on the lowest dose had delayed O and they upped my dose the next cycle...I’ve been on 5mg since then. Total cycle count - 2 Clomid cycles, 13 Letrozole cycles, and 2 benched cycles (*TW - 1 after each of my losses - end TW*). I have only been monitored to the extent of BW to confirm O, and my RE isn’t even doing that now. This was supposed to be my first monitored cycle with IUI, but we decided to delay (and it probably would have been cancelled anyways). Sorry, you got the long answer there. 
  • @bluetickgal wow that is a lot of medicated cycles. My Ob said she would only do 6 then we would have to look into other options. I was supposed to have my progesterone taken 5-7 days after O but obvs that was cancelled so now I am worried I have low progesterone just because I don’t know haha. Hopefully COVID comes to an end soon and you’ll get to do your IUI! Or it happens this cycle for ya without it! 
  • bluetickgalbluetickgal member
    edited April 2020
    @tryingktogku yeah...there is a lifetime cap with Clomid, but no cap with Letrozole (thank goodness)! I’m ready to be done with the medicine though! Try not to stress about progesterone, like you said...you don’t know, so no point in stressing when it very well may not be an issue!
    *Edited to fix grammar.*
  • @inthewoods23 I could be wrong, but I think the Mucinex you have will dry out mucus, instead of make it thinner and more watery. :-\
    Our TTC Journey

August 2019 - 2.5 mg of Letrozole = Never Ovulated so Trigger and IUI were cancelled
    9/30/2019 - IUI #1 (5 mg of Letrozole + Trigger) =  BFP but Betas showed CP @ 4 weeks
    1/24/2020 - IUI #5 (50mg of Clomid + Trigger + Crinone after IUI) = BFN and an Ovarian Cyst
    11/1/2020 - At peace with where things are in life and are no long actively TTC. Whatever happens will happen and it will all be okay. <3

• @keikilove OMG I was literally thinking, the other day when I was out getting something, how much it felt like Handmaids Tale!!! So creepy and scary! I'm glad you and your RE moved forward with the plan of a medicated cycle!
    Our TTC Journey

• @the_road_to_oz So sorry you had to deal with that rudeness!!! And that your doctor was unreachable. And that you missed out on the agreed-upon meds. So frustrating!  I commiserate with your disappointment, sister.

@kpearse99 & @bluetickgal Thanks for the supportive comments!😊 I was afraid I might get bashed for doing anything unmonitored! But desperate times call for desperate measures. 

@tryingktogtku I *think* it was good timing near ovulation. But since my cycle was off from BCP when we thought we were doing egg retrieval (FF has it recorded as 2 periods in one cycle) and since my CM came after my positive OPKs, and temp was all wonky, I have no idea. Praying for the best, keeping expectations low. Thanks for asking!
  • @the_road_to_oz that is super frustrating but also if you do get a hold of your RE you can take clomid CD 5-9 instead of 3-7 too! My OB said I can do whatever one I wanted lol 

@keikilove well hopefully you DTD enough that one of times got it!
  • @the_road_to_oz I 2nd what @tryingktogku said. Clomid on CD 5-9 might be a good option too. So sorry for the communication issues!
  • Still haven't heard back, but if I get in touch, I will bring it up!
    So. Frustrating. 

• Sorry I have been MIA. Work has been crazy busy the past few weeks, and with treatments on hold...

Diagnosis (if you've been): Unexplained

Status (WTO/TWW/TTA): WTO? See question

What are you doing this cycle? (Testing? Treatment?): HIO every other day during fertility week

How are things going?: meh. 

Any questions?: I have had "high" but not "peak" OPKs for a week now. That is unusual for me because usually it is 2-3 days of "high" and then "peak". Anyone experience this after multiple medicated cycles? Wondering what the cause could be? I am not temping, so I don't have that for confirmation.  

GTKY: What is the best thing your partner has done/said to help you through IF as a couple? He always reminds me we are in this together. 

@nitnat007 and @kiki047 I am so sorry for both of you had failures. It is so not fair and heartbreaking. Hope you are both taking good care of yourselves. 

Will be back from more tags later! 
  • @emeralduchess wohoo! Yay for posotive opk!

@the_road_to_oz so sorry about that you can’t reach the RE. It’s definitely frustrating!

@keikilove if your doctor agrees to prescribe you Letrozole you should be fine! I hope the fertility drug does its magic!!

@bluetickgal glad working from home works for you well! Same here :) I got my work station set up and now it’s cozy and nice

@ramzlau I never got a high fertility showing using clearblue digital until this time! It always jumps to positive without showing the flashing smiley face. Both yesterday and today I got a high fertility reading, so I will see how long does it take to get to peak fertility

My RE sent me a message asking me if I am interested in initiating a cycle in the coming weeks!! I said of course interested, and he said to message him when my next period comes. Ahhhh!

I got my “high” fertility reading from clearblue digital yesterday morning, and today even though it’s still showing high fertility, I can see from the ejected strip that the test line is so much darker compared to yesterday’s strip. Seems like I may be able to start prepping for transfer in April!
    TTC #1
    *TW*
    Me: 28 DH: 30
    Married: 09/16
    TTC #1 08/18

~2019~
    IUI #1 #2 #3 with letrozole cancelled 
    Natural cycle IUI #4 10/19 BFN
    First RE visit 11/19
    Clomid 50mg + IUI#5 11/19 BFN
    Elevated prolactin dx confirmed 11/19
    Clomid 50mg + IUI#6 cancelled