September 2020 Moms
Options

The Great Question Thread

Re: The Great Question Thread

• Options
    @shredgnarr for me the first movements feel like a fish flopping in your belly, or sometimes like a butterfly fluttering inside. You do have quite a large vein that runs right down your belly and I know I sometimes feel that thrumming especially as baby gets bigger and starts pushing on it more
    Momma to 3 angels and two amazing children
    F born June 2018
    W born September 2020
    #3 due November 2022
  • Options
    @shredgnarr Yes, the tech told me during my NT/first tri ultrasound. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    @mflowers929 I think I have started to feel light movement. I was sitting very still with my feet up today and kept thinking either gas is moving or those are baby flutters. 13w6

@mammamiasopapilla Starving, eating everything, and gaining all the weight over here too. Not exactly what I want to be happening but if it follows my previous pregnancies it died down a bit during the second trimester. 
    Pregnancy TickerDS1 8/15
    DS2 5/17
    #3 Due 9/20
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    So anyone else crazy horny? I am NOT normally one to initiate but the last couple weeks.. pheww. I find myself so hot and bothered a majority of the day. When I'm not puking that is lol  
  • Options
    @tuesdayw1992 my libido came back last week after being non-existent for a couple months. It started by having some interesting dreams that I usually have when it’s been a while since any action lol. But I still feel like garbage whenever H is home and I also go to bed early (he stays up late) so we haven’t done ANYTHING since this baby was conceived around Christmas 😫 Maybe soon.
  • Options
    @mammamiasopapilla I've already gained about 9 pounds, but it all depends on your pre-pregnancy BMI. Your gain could be totally normal for your body.
  • Options
    My 4 year old is so against the baby! He keeps saying he doesn’t want a baby and only needs mommy and daddy to play with. I know once the baby is here I’m sure he will be okay. But any advice from other moms on how you helped your little one transition to be okay? I bought him a little Blanket lovie and told him it was from the baby. That novelty has worn off and now everyday he is constantly saying “mommy I don’t want a baby, it’s going to cry and wake me up, etc. etc.”  
  • Options
    @mammamiasopapilla I’ve gained about 8 lbs already. Im hoping a lot is water weight and Bloat. I’m not happy with my pre pregnancy weight so I’ve really got to keep it in check. Hoping to incorporate more fruit and veggies second trimester! 
  • Options
    So what degree of “morning sickness” is normal?!

Ive been nauseous since before a positive test. By 6.5 weeks I was throwing up a couple times a day and couldn’t eat anything my food aversions were so bad and had constant nausea that felt like I had to throw up all day. My RE put me on bonjesta and since I was weak and hardly functioning I decided to take it. Well that helped for a couple weeks (brought me down to just manageable all day nausea no puking) but then around 9 weeks it started getting bad again. I’m 10 weeks tomorrow and despite being on the max dose of bonjesta I’m back to feeling like I have to puke all day, and I did puke 3 times already today and feel like I could again. My head hurts badly and I feel weak. I’m drinking water to stay hydrated but that makes me nauseous too. Any words of wisdom or advice or just assurance this will get better soon would be appreciated 😂🤢🤦🏻‍♀️

Also- I will talk to my OB about it at my appointment Monday but would rather not call this weekend if I don’t need to bc I know what the answer will be- ER 😂 any pregnancy related weekend concern around here seems to lead to the ER 
    I had HG with my first and bad morning sickness, but not quite HG with my second. And I think this pregnancy is more normal morning sickness. So with my first, yes, absolutely miserably nauseous all damn day, vomiting several times a day. I lost 17 lbs in my first trimester from the vomiting and aversions to absolutely everything. I eventually learned that the nauseous feeling was an indication of low blood sugar, so they tell you to eat something. But trust me, I know how impossible that feels. Jolly Ranchers were a godsend. Just enough sugar to get you by, but you don't feel like you are forcing food down your throat. You'll need medical intervention like IV fluids when you can't seem to keep water down. After my experience with my first, and my husband being an RN by the time I was pregnant with my second, he was quick to line me with IV fluids at home (he got some to keep at home from a survival website). Handy guy to keep around lol. 
    Married: May 26, 2012
    Eden: February 8, 2016
    Ivy: April 3, 2018
    Baby 3.0: Due September 26, 2020
  • Options
    @mflowers929 oh how exciting, very eagerly waiting to feel that!  How far along are you?  Thinking I probably won't notice it right away as I don't really know what kind of feeling to watch for! 

It feels like gas lol. The big kicks feel like when like when you can feel gas roll through your intestines before it makes its way out., but the first feelings feel like little "flutters" or like swimming or something. Actually, I had a colonoscopy a few weeks ago and I had to do it without sedation since I was pregnant, and everyone was acting like I was a superhero for it. The worst part was when they were having a hard time turning the scope around a corner but that just felt like baby kicks. But like the epic ones where you have dreams about them kicking through your belly. But seriously, that was it exactly.
  • Options
    @geojaminee that sounds so awful! Im so glad that it’s gotten a little better for you each pregnancy as I know mine probably falls under the “bad morning sickness” category and not HG so I can’t even imagine how miserable it’d be to be worse. So sorry you’ve had to deal with that. When did your symptoms subside in each pregnancy?  I haven’t thrown up more than 4 times in a day but even throwing up doesn’t bring me relief I still have the CONSTANT feeling of having to puke. And I’m already on max dose bonjesta.  I’m 11 weeks now and just keep praying it’ll ease up soon. I’ve been able to eat a very small number of things that don’t seem to come back up but majority of foods and any smell I’m majorly averted to. I’ve been wanting this healthy pregnancy for over 3 years now so I am so thankful and hate feeling miserable about what i know are fairly common symptoms but I just want to feel like I don’t have a stomach bug so I can enjoy it more! Also feeling terrible that I’m not giving DS as much attention and thankful for lots of help from family but still feel inadequate as I’m mostly laying in bed and miss being his primary caregiver. Lots of mom guilt lol 
  • Options
    @momofmiracles31889 one thing that I had to learn as a loss momma is that it's okay to feel both! It's okay to be excited and grateful and also really dislike it at the same time. Honestly, I feel like mothering is a lot of the same. I love my son and I wouldn't trade him for the world, but man does he make me want to pull my hair out sometimes!
    F born June 2018
    W born September 2020
    #3 due November 2022
  • Options
    @momofmiracles31889 let's see. With my first, my HG pregnancy, it got better around 19 weeks. I remember that because my anatomy scan was when it was FINALLY getting better. Though I have a friend that had HG with her last pregnancy and hers lasted until she gave birth. She just had a weekly fluids appointment.

My second, I think it lasted until about 14 weeks. It was still a few weeks into second trimester but it did get better.

I'm 10 weeks now and my MS has really ramped up these last two weeks or so. But nowhere NEAR either of my other pregnancies. I only throw up once or twice a day now and it's the evening. So I try to be really productive in the morning because around 3 pm is when I go downhill and fast. 
  • Options
    I've been throwing up daily even with my nausea medicine (compazine) Yesterday at my first midwife appointment at the hospital they told me to add b6 there times a day in addition
  • Options
    I've had a headache for two days straight...dying over here, but paranoid about taking pills for it. I know Tylenol is ok...anyone else dealing with headaches and taking Tylenol?
  • Options
    hp242hp242 member
    @emohay1988 I had a major headache over the weekend, tool Tylenol once and it hasn't bothered me since.
  • Options
    @emohay1988 yesterday was my first day of headaches, nothing would make it go away but I didn't take Tylenol yet.  I did take Tylenol a few weeks ago, regular strength, as I had a bad cold and needed to focus for a few hours with friends.  I don't think it worked as well as it did before pregnancy, but did give some relief. 
  • Options
    tuesdayw1992tuesdayw1992 member
    edited March 2020
    Getting headaches all the time! I take Tylenol probably 3 times a week. Doctor says its fine! Don't suffer if you don't have to. But each to their own! 
  • Options
    @emohay1988 Unfortunately I’ve had to take Tylenol a few times now, I’ve been having horrible headaches this go around. 
  • Options
    @emohay1988 Tylenol is perfectly safe to take while pregnant. No need to suffer. 
    Ivy: July 2010  |  Stella: Dec 2012  |  BFP#3: MMC at 11Wk's, July 2017 | Wyatt: April 2019 | BFP#5: Twin Girls due Sept 2020

• Options
    @emohay1988 another vote here for Tylenol. I have been getting headaches more so since pregnant and been taking it just fine (it’s on my OB list). At bedtime if needed I take Tylenol PM.
  • Options
    @mflowers929 I'm 14w2d and I have felt the baby move a few times. Some light kicks and turning over. 

@tuesdayw1992 sorry to hear. The headaches really suck. Around 9 weeks I started waking up with headaches in the morning. Had them around the same time with my first. They did go away after a couple weeks.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    @even_the_queen thank you that’s good advice! I’ll try those things! 
  • Options
    Pretty silly question especially for a 4TM... how far up is it possible to feel movement at the beginning of 2nd tri? Currently trying to distinguish gas from baby/baby from gas.  :D 90% chance it’s gas, but hey.
  • Options
    Anyone else's belly button hurt?  I've heard of itchy stomachs etc but this is a new one to me! 
  • Options
    @readytobemama I usually feel a pulling feeling in my belly button? Is it like that?
    F born June 2018
    W born September 2020
    #3 due November 2022
  • Options
    @mflowers929 no it's just when something bumps it or touches it it feels like poking a bruise.
  • Options
    @robinj716 @even_the_queen Ah, regarding the siblings, this reminds me of some excellent advice I got from our babysitter when I was pregnant with my second. She said to get the sibling a new baby doll with everything a baby needs: diaper, diaper bag, bottle, stroller, car seat, blanket, like ALL of it. Introduce the doll at the same time as introducing the new sibling. And encourage the new older sib to take care of their baby alongside you with everything you do. It creates excitement and empathy with the arrival of a new addition which can be very stressful on a kid. I was amazed at how sweet she was with her baby sister and I fully expected nasty jealousy. She was never at all jealous.
  • Options
    @mflowers929 no it's just when something bumps it or touches it it feels like poking a bruise.
    Ouch! No, but when in my third tri with my second, my belly button did bleed. Like left little blood spots on the inside of my shirt from being pushed out so much  :#
  • Options
    @chasingroygbiv Feeling movement mostly depends on the position of your placenta. Those with anterior ( placenta attached to the front) usually feel movement later than those with posterior (attached to the back).
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    @macheno Correct! I have an anterior (and did with my last 2 pregnancies, too). I’ve only had a posterior placenta my first pregnancy! I’m pretty sure I felt movement last night but it was about level with my belly button to the side and I didn’t know if that was too high right now to be baby or not. 
  • Options
    @chasingroygbiv the height of the uterus is supposed go correlate with how many weeks you are in cm. So, 14 weeks shoukd be 14cm from your public bone, but obviously it could be less or more depending on big the baby is. I've been feeling most movements below my bellybutton, and I'm almost 15w.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Nooooooo! I failed my glucose test   :'( she wanted under 130 and I was at 134. Has anyone here had to do the dreaded 3 hour test? I Honestly don’t even know what happens if you are diagnosed with gestational diabetes...
  • Options
    Nooooooo! I failed my glucose test   :'( she wanted under 130 and I was at 134. Has anyone here had to do the dreaded 3 hour test? I Honestly don’t even know what happens if you are diagnosed with gestational diabetes...
    I had to do the 3 hour with my second. It was terrible, I won't sugarcoat it (no pun intended). Did you fast for the 1 hour? I failed because I didn't know I had to fast first. The lab techs felt bad I had to go through the 3 hour when it was clearly just poor communication that put me there. FWIW, if you do end up with GD, it can be managed just with diet.
  • Options
    @geojaminee Same happened to me with my first. I did t fast long enough, and failed by 1 or 2 points. It was super annoying to have to spend 3hrs of my day there and fasting the night before.

@beaandthebabes I was borderline on the 1hr test last with my 1st pregnancy and had to have the 3hr test. It wasn't fun, but not as bad as I thought it would be. The blood draws are the worst part. You fast the night before, and then the next day drink the same gross drink as before. They then check your blood at 1hr, 2hr, and 3hr. You have to pass 2 out of 3. You are only allowed a little bit of water the whole time. I would suggest getting an appointment early in the morning to get it over with. Good luck, praying you pass!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    I know they wanted me to do my glucose test early because my parents both have diabetes, but it's annoying since with my son I passed no problem, and every time I get my blood sugars tested they're perfect, even the non fasting one I did and ate a muffin before it
    F born June 2018
    W born September 2020
    #3 due November 2022
  • Options
    For mine they said that I can have as much water as I want, which is good because I have really tiny difficult veins and I usually have to be obsessively hydrated for them to have any luck getting them. Although water on an empty stomach is really hard for me when I’m pregnant.
     My lab only starts the 3 hour between 8 and 8:30 am and you start the fast at midnight the night before. I plan on getting there as early as possible to just get it over with. 

I was only barely over so they said it is mostly precautionary and that a lot of people fail the first test so hopefully I’ll pass this one!
  • Options
    So my whole pregnancy thus far has been pretty asymptomatic w/the exception of SCH bleeding which has now been resolved. However the last three days, I have all of a sudden become pukey? I've had some nausea this pregnancy but I've maybe puked twice before this past weekend; now it's at least once a day! This happen to anyone else? I'm at 12w 3d right now and I was last seen by my OB at 11w 6d. No other symptoms, just pukey and honesly minimal nausea.