June 2020 Moms
Options

February Randoms

Re: February Randoms

• Options
    Had our repeat anatomy scan and the tech is pretty sure the heart images she got will be good enough but we have to wait to see if the doctor agrees (is it bad that I sort of hope I have to go back again?). Baby girl is still a girl and she was fully stretched out, living her best life in there haha.

I also spent wayyyy too much money on baby clothes 😬
  • Options
    Cheese filled pretzel bites are making my life right now. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    @runwmusic omg I want those now
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Second weekend in a row where we’re having a mega wind and rain storm covering both Saturday and Sunday fml. Our apartment is too small to be trapped in for two days ha 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Finally getting the ball rolling on getting out house on the market. Although I think selling and moving while pregnant will be stressful I know getting rid of our debt and only having a house payment an freeing up some money will help so much. We went and got touch up paint and such today and Dh is working on recaulking around the tub and shower in the bathrooms. 

While we were getting back in the car I sneezed twice. The first one I got lucky, the second not so much 🤦‍♀️😣
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    TMI but, Is anyone else’s discharge out of control? I remember my discharge being heavier with babes one and two, but this is so much worse. I just started wearing a daily liner every day because otherwise i feel gross all the time. I’m going to talk to my ob Tuesday at my appt, but I’m assuming this is normal and just heavier. Sucks. So. Much. 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    runwmusic said:
    Cheese filled pretzel bites are making my life right now. 
    That sounds amazing. Count me in. 
    1st born at 35+4 on 6/6/16
    Team green turned BLUE!
    2nd born at 38+6 on 8/30/18 
    Team green turned PINK!
    Due with #3 on 6/6/20 Team Green

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    brose1117 said:
    TMI but, Is anyone else’s discharge out of control? I remember my discharge being heavier with babes one and two, but this is so much worse. I just started wearing a daily liner every day because otherwise i feel gross all the time. I’m going to talk to my ob Tuesday at my appt, but I’m assuming this is normal and just heavier. Sucks. So. Much. Same

***STUCK IN THE BOX***

Same here, so much same. Been doing cotton panty liners for over a month-or just changing out my underwear a couple times per day because I'm at home. Had it checked my both my midwife and doctor, and it my case it's normal, not yeast or anything. Just gross and annoying. Glad I won't be pregnant all through the hottest part of summer again.
    Team green turned BLUE!
    Team green turned PINK!

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @brose1117 it’s so bad. I’ve brought it up at every midwife appt and she’s like- it’s a sign your body is working the right way! Okay thanks but it’s GROSS and def was not this bad with my first! 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    @hayhay2501 right?! That’s my issue too. If this was my first pregnancy, or it’s always been like this, that’s one gross thing... but i feel like new shit things shouldn’t be showing up in my third 😂😂

@pourmeanothermocktail i bought the always thin daily liners and really like them. (As much as you can like a pad 😂) 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @brose1117 the worst, I'm sorry. I had it so bad last time around but not so bad this time. Not yet anyways. 
  • Options
    @runwmusic 🤞🏻🤞🏻 it stays that way for you!! 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    brose1117 said:
    @hayhay2501 right?! That’s my issue too. If this was my first pregnancy, or it’s always been like this, that’s one gross thing... but i feel like new shit things shouldn’t be showing up in my third 😂😂

@pourmeanothermocktail i bought the always thin daily liners and really like them. (As much as you can like a pad 😂) 
    Mine has just gotten worse with each pregnancy.

Disposable liners/pads for more than 2-3 days cause me serious chafing issues on thighs and lips. So reusable cotton liners here! We already cloth diaper, so cloth pads aren't a huge step for me.
    Team green turned BLUE!
    Team green turned PINK!

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    I have sciatica.  I can deal with the pain.  The feeling like my leg/butt is giving out on me is driving me crazy. 
  • Options
    @kerco925 me too! This is a new thing for me with this pregnancy and I thought it was probably too early for it but it’s so weird! Mine is fairly intermittent though-definitely not constant and worse on days when I’m up or working out or moving around for a bigger chunk of the day. Maybe that’s not true sciatica but my doc said that’s what it sounded like so I guess that’s what I’ll cal it. Thank goodness for heating pads 🤷🏻‍♀️

Married: 12/19/15         

BFP: 9/4/17             
    EDD: 5/16/18
    DD born 5/10/18
    Postpartum Complications

BFP: 10/1/19
    EDD: 6/12/20
  • Options
    I was really hoping I could re-wear my maternity clothes from last time and not have to buy anything new...I feel like I’m already growing out of everything! I bought a couple pairs of work pants and 2 dresses, but I feel like I’m wearing leggings and a shirt that’s borderline too short with a cardigan every day and it’s probably not the most professional. I do have several dresses that I’m hoping will work once March/April hits, but they are that weird maternity length so they look weird with tights. I would much rather spend the money on nursing tanks / t shirts for pp rather than sweaters I’m only going to wear another month or two especially because this is my last baby. 
  • Options
    I have needed bigger maternity clothes with each baby @chaos-and-coffee which sucks. But, I've apparently put on freaking 28 lbs already. Ugh. I wish I could do more to slow it down. It hurts to gain.
    Team green turned BLUE!
    Team green turned PINK!

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @pourmeanothermocktail what’s weird is I actually put on more weight with DS at this point than I have with this baby boy. I wasn’t that much smaller when I started with DS...bodies are weird. 
  • Options
    @pourmeanothermocktail what’s weird is I actually put on more weight with DS at this point than I have with this baby boy. I wasn’t that much smaller when I started with DS...bodies are weird. 
    I lost all my weight after baby 1, but due to spread out pelvis even between babies I wear pants 4 sizes bigger than before babies. Even if you've put on less weight, I wouldn't be surprised if your belly or hips are bigger.
    Team green turned BLUE!
    Team green turned PINK!

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @kerco925 I had really bad sciatica pain during my first pregnancy. I started seeing a prenatal chiropractor and it helped a lot! 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    @kerco925 I thought I had sciatic nerve pain with ds and went to a women's health physical therapist. I was literallyiin tears going up and down stairs. Turns out it was si joint pain. In one session she helped me realign my hips, the relief was immediate and I was able to maintain it with pt exercises at home. Have you seen anyone for your pain? 
  • Options
    The pain only just started, so I havent seen anyone yet.  I am going to try a prenatal massage.  It's my left butt cheek, lol.  There is some pain, but it's more like a weird feeling of giving out.  I had this for 1 day a few weeks ago and it went away.  I was hoping it would again. 
  • Options
    @kyrwyn that’s so exciting!! I remember how reassuring having an induction date scheduled was-it doesn’t last forever!

anyone else feel like this stage of pregnancy is lasting an eternity? Despite feeling sick for the first 16 weeks those have gone so much faster than the last eight? Ughhh

Married: 12/19/15         

BFP: 9/4/17             
    EDD: 5/16/18
    DD born 5/10/18
    Postpartum Complications

BFP: 10/1/19
    EDD: 6/12/20
  • Options
    @kyrwyn we are c section date twins :) mine is scheduled first thing that morning too! Still hoping for a vbac, but accepting whatever is best for me and baby. 
  • Options
    @chaos-and-coffee I hope you get your VBAC! I'll keep my fingers crossed for you and bub. <3 If we both end up in Cs on the 19th, at least our kids will get to be bday buddies. :) My DS1 has a great pair of twins from our D17 board as his bday buddies!

@alli392 Yes! Exactly! Knowing there's an end date is so mentally helpful right now, but also motivating. I have 4 months to get what done?! Better get cracking! 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @chaos-and-coffee I couldn’t wear any of my jeans from my first pregnancy because I was a size 4 back then 😂 I didn’t even think about it when I first went to put them on and realized oh.. I’ve gone up 4 sizes since then. 🙃. Now my go to outfit is leggings, a tank top, and an open sweater or baggy sweater. I can’t wait until it’s warm enough for dresses though. I’m planning on living in them! 

Also if anyone saw my gender disappointment in that thread I just wanted to leave an update that I’ve gotten over it, so to speak. As much as I wanted to give DD a sister, I know she will still love him and they can still hopefully be close 💖
  • Options
    edited February 2020
    @alli392 This whole pregnancy has gone on forever for me. To go with the busted pelvis pain, plus totally normal back pain, baby is already jammed into a nerve in my ribs. My first didn't hit nerve until 30 weeks, but never got off of it. Second sat on the nerve from 28-37 weeks. And now I've been dealing with it for a week and it's just getting worse. It's caused by head and hands in my ribs, but it's a sharp stabbing burning sensation like a hot poker jabbing me there all day (and night). I can't believe I still have 3 whole months plus change (probably). Ugh. I'm so tired of not being able to walk and now sit or breathe without sharp pain. 

Have I mentioned how excited I am to not have another baby after this one???
    Team green turned BLUE!
    Team green turned PINK!

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @alli392 I was just thinking the same thing! I feel like this trimester is dragging waaay longer. I guess I didn't technically find out I was pregnant until I was 4-5 weeks, so that shortened first trimester a bit. :)
  • Options
    I realized last night I’ve been having Braxton Hicks. When I had them with DS they were up really high and these are soooo low I thought baby was just in a weird spot but I felt my belly last night when it happened and it was rock hard like when I had them with DS. So weird! 
  • Options
    @chaos-and-coffee so crazy! 

@pourmeanothermocktail sorry you're in so much pain 

Am I the only one freaked out by how fast this is going? With ds I couldn't wait to meet him, this time around I have so much to do before she gets here. I wish I could slow this pregnancy down a bit! So not ready for a baby again and more often than not thinking 'what did we do???'. 
  • Options
    @runwmusic I kind of feel like I *should* be feeling that, but this pregnancy is going by much more... un-remarked-on than the last? We really have not done anything to prepare for this baby other than buying a double stroller, and the only reason we’ve done that is because I saw a good sale.
  • Options
    @pourmeanothermocktail - that sounds miserable! :( 
  • Options
    Leaving for my Babymoon in Italy tomorrow and I CAN NOT WAIT! I am concerned about such a long flight and being uncomfortable. I’m 25 weeks but no aches and pains yet other then heartburn, feeling bloated and weird pressure on my right rib occasionally. Also a bit concerned about my weight.... I gained 20lb by my 24 week check in and I know I’m going to be eating all the pasta and pizza for the next ten days.... any tips to keep the weight down? Or tips for flying pregnant? (Someone told me to get compression socks but I have had 0 leg issues yet so idk)
  • Options
    @ladybird5617 I would definitely get compression socks regardless if you’ve had leg issues or not for that long of a flight. Worst case, you don’t use them but if you need them you’ll have them. As for weight gain, it’s Italy! Enjoy it! If your doctor isn’t concerned about your weight gain I wouldn’t be either. And I certainly would not withhold pizza and pasta while in Italy. Have a great trip! 
  • Options
    @ladybird5617 Flying when pregnant: Definitely compression socks. Get up and walk the aisle every hour or so, if you safely can. Remember to drink enough water, since the cabin environment is especially low humidity. Don't be shy about asking for a belt extender if you need one to comfortably seat the belt under your bump and across your hips. Your body temp regulation might be different than normal so make sure you layer so you can adjust to how hot/cold you're feeling on the flight. Snacks: bring snacks that you know you like and keep them somewhere you can get to them.  Somehow either everything or nothing sounds good to me on a plane if I'm hungry.  I am way way way more easily irritable when I'm pregnant, so noise-cancelling headphones help me stay less than murderously angry at everyone around me. :) I'm flying at the end of March, so this is my checklist too.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @ladybird5617 compression socks, all the snacks, lots of water and a good travel pillow. I’ve done 4 long haul flights this pregnancy and they’re pretty exhausting! Also give yourself plenty of time to rest with the jetlag.

Have the best time! Italy is one of my favourite countries. We were in Rome the weekend before I found out I was pregnant 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    @runwmusic I feel like time is going really fast and really slow. Like I pretty much only have three months left till i start maternity leave and that both sounds like no time at all and ALL THE TIME IN THE WORLD. Especially as works been so intense lately! 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Also, due to heart burn and low blood sugar I have to eat something every 2-3 hours, and I can't even take walks for exercise so I've put on 30 lbs already. Let me tell you-busted pelvis doesn't like it. I wish it were only 20. 

@ladybird5617 Enjoy your trip, I've always wanted to go there! I would bring clorox wipes and wipe down everything by your seat, plus some hand Sanitizer. I'm usually chill about germs, but not when it comes to pregnancy and planes. All the water, compression socks, snacks, and books/headphones whatever your jam is-I like music while reading on a plane. Small slippers for during flight to get shoes off, but slip on shoes for airport, because I sure as hell have issues getting shoes on/off quickly for security when I can't see my damn feet. 
    Team green turned BLUE!
    Team green turned PINK!

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @ladybird5617 have a great trip! Drink lots of water on the plane to fight dehydration from the altitude. Bring a water canister you can refill for the plan ride after security. Agree with others to bring the compression socks and not use them if you don't need to. Bring lysol wipes and hand sanitizer for your seat/area. And all the snacks! I can't wait to hear about it! And enjoy the food. Like chaos said if your Dr isn't worried about your weight. Don't be either. You will be doing a lot of walking too!