June 2020 Moms

February Randoms

Re: February Randoms

• I had my one hour glucose test today and failed. I’m honestly shocked. I never thought this was a possibility. I was negative with our first two little guys. I know it’s not the worst thing but I’m just feeling so tapped out emotionally already and this was one more thing. I’m an emotional basket case. 😕
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • @brose1117 I'm sorry that has to be stressful. Will you take a 3 hour to confirm the results? Maybe the 1 hour was off because of something you ate earlier in the day? 
  • Loading the player...
  • @SpartanCat we have the ergo 360 and love it! My toddler was able to fit in it until she was like 3. I think we are doing a dinosaur theme as well! But he might have to share a room with sister until she’s ready to move to a different level of the house 😬
  • @runwmusic yes they want me to follow a strict three day diet, fast on the fourth and take the 3 hr test. I’m not sure what timeline they want me to go get it done is though, I’m waiting for them to confirm. 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • @kyrwyn honestly you have no idea how much your message means to me. Thank you very much for your kindness and support. I’m sorry you’re on round two with GD. As if all of this wasn’t enough! 👎🏻
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • kyrwynkyrwyn member
    edited February 2020
    @brose1117 ❤️ thank you. Honestly, it's easier this time because the overwhelming feelings and the not knowing what to do passed faster. It's just a long road to walk for six months instead of three. I can't help much with the emotional overwhelm that comes with a startling diagnosis midpregnancy, but I can help with the "what do I do now" part. Whatever happens with your three hour, you and your baby are going to be OK. And if you're diagnosed we can spin up a support thread where we glare daggers at people talking up their chocolate cake obsessions and share tips on healthy for us alternatives. ❤️ Hang in there! 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • My doctor just called and I immediately thought I failed the 1 hour glucose that I took Wednesday. I passed, however my blood count is low, so I have to start taking iron.  I had literally the same conversation with my doctor at this point in my pregnancy with my daughter.  
  • With that said, anyone take iron?  Trying to figure out which brand to take.  He said I need to take vitamin c also.  I forgot what I took with DD. 
  • kyrwynkyrwyn member
    edited February 2020
    @kerco925 I've been on iron for about 4 years (iron deficiency anemia).  Try to find a "slow" iron, or "gentle" or whatever they're calling it these days if you're starting up from scratch.  Starting iron can really stop up your GI tract (greeaaaaat news in pregnancy, I know), so I find upping my veggie intake for the first couple weeks helps combat that. I also take mine at night, with my prenatals, to avoid any rumbly tummy issues during the day. Also taking iron can turn your poop darker or greenish -- don't freak out!

I take a cheapie brand that I get from CVS (whatever's cheapest) and no longer worry about gentle/slow/whatever. Tastes awful, but gets the job done. :) 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • @kerco925 see of you can find one that is ferrous gluconate instead of ferrous sulfate it is easier on the stomach.  You can take it with orange juice or some other drink with a high vitamin C percentage instead of taking a vitamin supplement.  I would also recommend starting a stool softener because iron can back up the GI tract.  
  • I dont remember the iron messing up my stomach too much when I had to take it last pregnancy, but my GI tract is definitely worse this time around, in general.  So I am sure its going to be fun.  Thanks for the suggestions. 
  • FOURTH weekend in a row where we’ve had a severe rain and wind storm over the weekend. FML. I just want to be able to get out of the house with DD!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Did anyone else send in their rock and play for redemption? Just got my options back yesterday. I guess i appreciate they are offering options, but nothing compares at all. Especially with this being babe 3, i have most of the options already in some form and definitely don’t need another. 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • @brose1117 I heard the options sucked but target is still taking them back and will provide you a refund. 
  • @chaos-and-coffee the targets by us aren’t. They said they haven’t been offering that for about a year. I tried three different targets before breaking down and just sending it in. 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Does anyone use a doula? How much does it usually cost on average?
  • Does anyone use a doula? How much does it usually cost on average?
    I do, and that charge varies so much based on experience as well as location, but between $600 & $1500 here.
    1st born at 35+4 on 6/6/16
    Team green turned BLUE!
    2nd born at 38+6 on 8/30/18 
    Team green turned PINK!
    Due with #3 on 6/6/20 Team Green

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Ah I have been having so many issues with the app I haven’t been able to log in in so long! A few things after catching up.. I saw on here someone failed their 1 hour glucose.. I also failed mine but then took the 3 hour and passed! You shouldn’t try to change your diet too much just Incase you do have diabetes. You want what’s best for you and baby :)

Also- I’ve been anemic for years now and tried so many iron pills that messed my stomach up. I swear by one called SlowFE. It’s the best on the stomach. 

Has anyone else’s baby starting nestling in your ribs on one side? I’m starting to have like an ache on my upper right side under my ribs! It goes away if I lay on my left side! So weird! 
  • @SpartanCat I used one with DD and she was GREAT!! She cost £600 (so around $1000). We got two pre visits and one after visit. I would use her again but money is a bit tighter this time!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Dh and I ordered our new kitchen cabinets and are officially gutting our main floor before baby gets here. Crazy life just got that much crazier. I have two cabinets to go and our present kitchen is packed up and we can start tearing down walls and ripping up the floors. Nothing says third trimester (still never sure if this is 27 or 28w) like starting a massive remodel right?

I got a ton done yesterday but my hips hate me and it's just hard to remember I can't do things like normal. I push through and get it done but then feel guilty like I'm going to harm the baby because I don't want to "play the pregnant card". No pressure from anyone to do anything, I just personally hate not being able to do everything I want to do without Braxton hicks or awful low back pain. 
  • @cookiemonstermama this baby feels like she's in such a different place than ds was. He got head down, butt under my left ribs and feet constantly jamming my right side and stayed that was forever. This baby seems to be somewhere new everyday. Starting to wonder when I should start up the spinning babies maneuvers because I'm pretty sure I feel feet kicking way low 🤔
  • Thanks for the comments regarding the doula :) 

Another question, is all free and clear detergent delicate enough for baby or do we need to get Dreft or something like that?
  • @runwmusic I can so relate.  I have so much to do around the house, but I am in a lot of pain afterwards when I do.  I feel guilty when I done get everything I want.  Its a struggle.  Also, we redid our kitchen over the summer, right after moving into our house.  Its a lot of work, but so work it in the end. 
  • @SpartanCat I think draft is a total scam! I wash everything in all free and clear and it was fine. I would continue to use that unless baby has a reaction, but it’s totally fine to use. 
  • @spartancat we used dreft with ds because that's just what we 'knew' to do. Turns out there's a lot of stuff (like scent) in it and free and clear is probably more baby friendly. I'll probably use dreft again because we still have some and i hope we don't have issues since ds didn't. 
  • I know dreft is a total ripoff, but I’m a sucker for that scent! I even use it for our sheets lol. But once I start doing laundry for two kids instead of one, we may switch to something a little cheaper. 
  • Thanks guys. We used tide for a long time but I have chronic skin issues of my own so we switched to All. Just wanted to make sure there wasn't something extra fancy about it. 
  • @SpartanCat we used All Free & Clear with first baby (and it’s what we already used ourselves) and never had any issue. I’d say go for it. 
  • @cookiemonstermomma11 I have had this pain in my rib with every pregnancy. Mine is usually on the left side. I asked my doctor about it last pregnancy and he said it was most likely a body part and the only way to get rid of it was to give birth (gee, thanks doctor). Super annoying, but I guess it is just another of those fun pregnancy things 😃

Every time I see the school secretary, she tells me I look like I am about to pop. I sincerely hope not, lady. I am only 23 weeks. Anyone else have people making annoying comments yet? 
  • FigTreeMamaFigTreeMama member
    edited March 2020
    @bluehydrangea17 Me! Two weeks ago, people said, “wait, you’re pregnant? I had no idea, you don’t really look pregnant yet.” Now half the people tell me that my bump looks tiny and cute and the other half are like, “WOW! Made it another day, huh? You must be getting ready for maternity leave.” I want to tell them if they think this is big, just wait til they see me at 38 weeks! 
  • @bluehydrangea17 the other day someone asked me when I was due and I said June and she said wow well you’re not very big yet! (Keep in mind I was wearing an oversize sweater, not something fitted to my bump). Um...thanks? Last time a coworker told me my face was puffy. The only thing you should ever say is, you look great! Or nothing. That’s it. No other options! 
  • hayhay2501hayhay2501 member
    edited March 2020
    DH and DD are both so ill with mega colds. I feel like it’s coming for me and I really want to avoid getting sick. Knowing my luck it’ll hit next week right in time for my birthday!!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • kjack86 said:
    I know dreft is a total ripoff, but I’m a sucker for that scent! I even use it for our sheets lol. But once I start doing laundry for two kids instead of one, we may switch to something a little cheaper. 
    Haha same 🙈🙈 nothing makes my ovaries scream like dreft! 

@SpartanCat i definitely wouldn’t use dreft if you and baby have sensitive skin. My oldest has eczema and one of the first questions they asked was what detergent we used and weren’t pleased 🙈 his flairs up from nearly everything unfortunately. 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • @runwmusic my hips hate me too this pregnancy! 😩👎🏻 And my low back. Good luck with your home Reno. It will all feel worth it in the end. My husband and I have basically been doing one big project after another since i got pregnant and I’m so ready for our home to just be dry wall dust free! Surprisingly one of the only rooms we haven’t worked on is baby’s 🙈 maybe we should start focusing on that. 😂😂
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • edited March 2020
    @chaos-and-coffee I agree.

@FigTreeMama That is so irritating. The secretary’s comments are similar. She keeps saying there is no way I will make it to the end of the school year. 

I have no idea why people think it is okay to comment on the size of a pregnant woman. You would not comment on someone’s size otherwise, would you? 

ETA: Had to fix tag 
  • I think it’s funny how many contradictory comments I receive too. I’m either enormous or look great for how far along I am... how can I be both?! 🙄

i wish people would just shut it. Honestly I don’t think you even need to compliment how a pregnant woman looks size wise. Find something else, non external to compliment or to talk about. 
    Pregnancy Ticker

• @brose1117 Our youngest has eczema. He has to use special soap and we need to lotion him multiple times a day. It is so hard to keep it under control! I have it too, but I do a much better job at taking care of my son’s than I do my own. 
  • @bluehydrangea17 isn’t that the truth?! I do a much better job taking care of my boys needs than I do my own. 🙈
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • @brose1117 we haven't started the nursery either! We'll redo trim, doors, and carpet in there. We did just buy the carpet and padding this weekend so we started getting supplies. That counts I guess!

@bluehydrangea17 when I was about 23 weeks I traveled for work. I had a random stranger tell me I must be just about done traveling. I said oh no I have about four months left in the pregnancy but thanks! I definitely popped a lot faster this time but haven't gotten nearly as huge as I did with ds (yet).