Trying to Get Pregnant

IF testing and treatment w/o 2/17

This is a place for those of us who have already started TTC, but have started infertility testing and/or treatments. You can express your thoughts, feelings, and frustrations on infertility. TTC can be a long journey naturally, then add in the difficulties associated with infertility, and it becomes a whole new ball game. The road to infertility can be lonely, frustrating, and complicated, so let's make this a place where we can vent, ask questions, and support one another. Feel free to resurrect this thread at any point in the week if you have something to say. Treat this as an ongoing conversation. 

Diagnosis (if you've been): 

Status (WTO/TWW/TTA):

What are you doing this cycle? (Testing? Treatment?): 

How are things going?: 

Any questions?:

GTKY: What song always puts you in a good mood?

Re: IF testing and treatment w/o 2/17

• Loading the player...
  • @shoogapoff sorry, it definitely sounds like there's a lot going on.  I've been dealing with major work drama lately too so I definitely get it. And then I find myself wondering if I'm nuts for still TTC on top of all this mess, lol.  I hope whatever decision you end up making improves your life in a big way. 

@looeeze unfortunately I don't have much experience about triggering early in the cycle vs later but I'm hoping if it were a big issue that your RE would have brought it up. Crossing my fingers that tomorrow's IUI works for you!
    TTC history in spoiler
    Me: 31 Him: 37
    Married: Oct 2015
    Baby G born June 2017
    TTC#2: July 2018
    BFP #2: 2/6/19 MC 3/14/19
    BFP#3 from IUI #2: 6/30/20 EDD 3/9/21

Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy  Baby Tracker

• @emeraldduchess I'm so so sorry you and DH are not on the same page. Don't let your age scare you, I work in a maternity hospital and I see women of all ages from all walks of life having babies! But I can empathize, I often feel like my time is running out and I'm 31, so I can only imagine how you must feel. Hopefully you both can resolve this without it ending in a fight. Also, you said you have very good health Insurance, why is it that he's worried about cost? Also, I see you mentioned that hopefully this is just a freak out on his end. My H had a freak out when we found out we were going to have trouble getting KU. He had no interest in Pursuing treatment, and after some time he came around and all he can talk about now is how he can't wait for us to be pregnant. I hope YH comes around. ❤️

@bluetickgal peace out AF! I was the same way with out last "natural" attempt. I definitely did not get my hopes up, and here I am on my first IUI cycle. Fingers crossed for you!

@misshelen86 im sorry what?! 18 cycles! I can not believe it took them that long to figure it out! But i and so very glad you finally have a plan and I'm double crossing everything that surgery doesn't get cancelled! 

@mvt2003 so hopeful that today went well for you! Get some rest and make those little emby's comfy! 

@looeeze welcome to the group! I'm still fairly new here as well, but everyone has been so welcoming and it has been so nice to have people who understand my feelings! It sounds like you're responding great to your clomid, the size of the follies sound good as well. This is my first medicated cycle, so I don't have much input as far as if you're triggering too soon, but I'd have trust in your doctor!

@shoogapoof I'm sorry you're going through such a rough time, I hope things pick up for you!!

@pom9207 hooray for egg retrieval! I can't wait to hear how many they get! 
    May Siggy Challenge: It's Gonna be N*SYNC!

TTC #1: 1/2019
    Dx: 1/2020 Borderline PCOS
    Rx: Femara &Trigger with IUI
    IUI#1 2/26/2020- BETA 3/11 (AF arrived 3/11)
    3/20/2020- Benched due to COVID-19

• *lurking*

@looeeze GL tomorrow!  I did ask my RE about it back in the day, because my cycles would trend towards the shorter side too, and she said it's no problem whatsoever.  If those follicles are maturing quickly, great!  If they take a few more days, so be it!  As long as lining and all the other hormone levels are looking good, they will proceed, because they are looking for all those factors in concert.

As an example, with my cancelled cycle, lining was in range, looking good; we started PIO, but my progesterone didn't rise, so they called off my transfer.  (I know IVF is different, but j/s as an example.  Point being, they will most def CANCEL as cycle if things are not looking favorable, rather than waste everyone's resources.)

But for my natural cycles I triggered on CD11 in September, CD10 in early Nov, and CD11 in late November. 🤷 It happens!

(((Hugs))) Rooting for you, love! ❤️❤️❤️
  • @mvt2003 so excited things went well! When I first started working at my hospital, I actually started in the fertility center, so I know exactly what you mean about how cool it is to see the transfer in action! Hopefully the cramping is little embie getting comfy and snug!! 🤞🏽🤞🏽 @whitealbum29 do glad to hear H's SA was good! MH got a boost of confidence from his as well. When the nurse called with the results, she told me to not let it go to his head 😂 @feather_heather im so sorry YH feels that way. I feel like sometimes we forget that this all has an impact on them as well. It's nice that you're both open to a plan B. Hopefully you will have a little bean of your own though! AFM- random question. Those who have taken letrozole or similar ovary stimulants. Have you ever felt like you can almost feel the follies growing? I know that probably sounds dumb, but idk how to explain it! It's a very different sensation. Not like mittleschmerz at all. But someThing is definitely happening.

• @whitealbum29 I do think it might be worth the expense to have the HSG and get the whole picture, but I do understand the back and forth about it! You've got some time to decide though! <3<3<3 

@feather_heather sweet friend, I have so many hugs for you. I'm so so sorry things are hard. I'll be thinking of you Thursday. <3 

@abarr723 Yes, you can absolutely feel a difference in your ovaries when they're growing. I was 3 days into stims, and *TW* picked up my 2 year old niece, and immediately was like "nope, that does not feel correct, I'm going to not do that again." I picked her up again this weekend, totally fine. 
    me: 35 / so: 34 | ttc #1 since 9/2018
    DX: MFI
    IVF Cycle #1 February 2020 4 embryos frozen, 1 fresh transfer = CP 
    FET #1 Natural Cycle March 2020 CXL'd due to Covid-19 :( 
    FET #1 Natural Cycle June 2020 - CP #2
    FET #2 Natural Cycle July 2020 - BFP!!!!!! Beta #1 = 273

June Signature Challenge - Favorite TV Quotes

• @BusinessWife Thank you so much  <3 I'm sure you're right, they do look at all those factors. Appreciate your support and friendship very much!!! 

@shoogapoff Those are really big life decisions to contemplate, I hope whatever you choose is a positive change for you. Did you get any info back on whether IVF is approved?

@manillabar What is left to finished your workup? Sitting in that "waiting" period can be so rough, I hope it goes by quickly for you.

@pom9207 Happy ER day! FX for you.

@abarr723 Grow follies grow! That caffeine withdrawal is real, I struggle with it too.

@keikilove Ah, work trips that can get extended into vacations are the best!! Where you going?

@mvt2003 hi! I'm rooting so very hard for you! Glad yesterday went well.

@whitealbum29 hahah I'm glad YH got a little confidence boost. Our RE told us this morning that one of her patient's husbands had been taking meds to boost his numbers and his last sample was good- he started singing "the boys are back in town"  :D

@feather_heather Seeing spouses be vulnerable about this is so hard, on top of all the hormones. I'm really sorry and I hope your biopsy goes well. 

• @abarr723 LOL at your nurse! Maybe that's why our practice didn't automatically give us a full report with all the numbers until we asked for one...gotta keep the men humble :joy::joy:
    @mvt2003 I agree with you! Thinking about how we could make it work...
    @looeeze - Haha your H! :joy: 
    @feather_heather Hugs to you and your H...it's so hard to go through this with someone you're so close to and to have to cope with your own emotions while also hoping they're doing okay. Hopefully it was at least a little helpful to get that feeling out into the open instead of bottling it up!

• @ramzlau hope the steroids help and your US goes well on Friday! Fingers crossed this is your cycle! 
    @abarr723 thanks lady!! I hope your follie check goes well on Wednesday and you’ll be triggering soon! Glad you haven’t had bad side-effects from Letrozole...I don’t get too many, some headaches and night sweats, but that’s about it. Yes, I definitely feel follie growth leading up to O! Most of the time just on one side, but some cycles it has been on both!
    @keikilove thanks lady! Hopefully you can keep your mind off things by staying busy! I say focus on that work trip & totally extend it into a vacation if you can! 
    @mvt2003 thanks friend! Ah, I’m so happy to hear that the transfer went so well...and your whole day sounds perfect!! I hope a couple of those embabies catch up, but that sounds great to have at least 3 to freeze! Fingers crossed so dang hard that this is it for you, friend!! 💜💜💜
    @whitealbum29 thanks lady! I’m glad you got good SA results and it gave your SO a boost in confidence! ☺️ Hope you feel good about whatever decision you make regarding the HSG!
    @feather_heather thanks friend!! I hope the biopsy gives you answers and the best way to move forward with the next transfer!! That breaks my heart for you and YH! Sending so many hugs your way!! 💜 I’m glad you were able to have a good discussion about the future and other options though! DH and I had a similar discussion a while back, and it was so good to see that we both have a similar idea of what we see as next steps (including adoption) and when we will move on to those! 
  • edited February 2020
    @keikilove:D  :D  :D those are spot on!
  • @pom9207 Aaaaaaahhh, 32 eggs! Congrats, and fingers crossed that many were mature and will fertilize!🤞🏽 Thank you for the kind words
    for my results.💕 I will keep you all posted when I know more.
  • Thank you for the warm welcome everyone! My HSG was done today, and it was kind of uncomfortable but manageable. The resident said definitely one tube was open, probably both, but it was hard for him to say for certain because they were close together. My RE should have the official read from the attending by tomorrow, so we'll see. 

@looeeze I think today finishes the stuff on my checklist for the workup. I was waiting to hear back about my H's SA, which was mostly normal except for low morphology, but apparently it's still ok enough for IUI. And I'm hoping to get in with the endocrinologist for my thyroid this week. I hope your IUI went well today!

@feather_heather sorry to hear about how your H has been feeling. My H has expressed similar thoughts to me. I think it's also hard because there are so many groups for women (here, on FB, etc) but less for men, which makes him feel even more isolated. 

@mvt2003 I am keeping my fingers crossed for you! Hoping the cramping is a good sign.

@pom9207 whoa super ovaries! Hoping you get some good news tomorrow!
    TTC history in spoiler
    Me: 31 Him: 37
    Married: Oct 2015
    Baby G born June 2017
    TTC#2: July 2018
    BFP #2: 2/6/19 MC 3/14/19
    BFP#3 from IUI #2: 6/30/20 EDD 3/9/21

Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy  Baby Tracker

• @inthewoods23 So sorry for your loss! It sounds like you have a lot of emotional stress right now. I hope you have the support you need and not just empty platitudes. 
  • keikilovekeikilove member
    edited February 2020
    @inthewoods23 I’m so sorry for your loss. I hope you & your family are able to find some solace in gathering together to celebrate your grandpa’s life. I’m sending up prayers for your heart & your spirit right now.🙏🏽♥️ Friend, I hope March 12th gets here so quickly for you to unburden yourself. And please do lean on us as much as you need in the meantime.💗
  • @mvt2003 yes! Certain things just feel so weird. I'm normally a stomach stomach sleeper, and I could not get comfortable on my stomach to save my life. And yes it was right around day 3!

@bluetickgal it's definitely more the right side, but I can sometimes feel it on the left! It's so interesting! 

@emeraldduchess I can understand where he's coming from. Men are much more cut and dry than women. Hopefully you can help him to understand that in the end it will NOT be wasted money, because you'll have a little bub of your own, and all the hard work and disappointment wasn't for nothing! 

@inthewoods23 I'm so sorry that you're having a rough week! Loss can make any situation shittier. Take that bereavement and Just have some you time! Relax, get a pedicure, massage, something! Treat yourself, and get back into the daily grind refreshed!

• @pom9207 32 eggs...that’s wonderful!! I hope you get a great fertilization report today!! 
    @kpearse99 yay for finally getting on! Haha. I hate that you are still dealing with the bloat...but I hope as soon as that cyst is gone, the extra weight will just melt away! Yeah, AF hasn’t been so nice to me, and I’ve had the extended spotting again this cycle...oh well, such is life I guess! I hope she shows for you soon, but is not a jerk!! 
    @ramzlau thanks friend! I’m not holding out too much hope of being a SS at this point...but I’d be totally ecstatic if that happens! 
    @manillabar that’s good news that the HSG went well (sorry it was uncomfortable though)...hopefully you get the full report from your RE soon and all is clear! 
    @inthewoods23 I’m so sorry for your loss and for everything else you are going through right now! Sending so many hugs your way! 💜 I’m glad you have the appointment scheduled, and I hope it gets here quickly for you!! Know that we are all here for you too!