October 2020 Moms

What My Pregnant Self is Eating

dolewhipperdolewhipper member
edited February 2020 in October 2020 Moms
Drop it below! 

Re: What My Pregnant Self is Eating

• I ate a whole bag of microwave popcorn for lunch. That isn't totally atypical for me, but feels more valid now!
  • Can we add what we’re NOT eating too? 

I’ve never been a huge fan of raw spinach, but now it’s downright disgusting to me. Normally I can deal with it in a “spring mix”, but it’s all I can taste. Yuck!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • I really don't want to eat anything sweet right now...I guess that is more like what I'm not eating.   I have been eating a lot of pistachios.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • I just had the most amazing chicken tamale with rice and beans and two sunny side eggs. YUMMMM 
  • @dolewhipper tamales and sunny side eggs are two of my favorite things while not pregnant and sound even more delicious now. So jealous!
  • Since the morning sickness hit, not a lot sounds good. I’m eating a lot of toast!
    but I am going to my favorite dumpling place tonight and really excited about that!
  • @morethanamama no flames. I had raw sushi last week and raw oysters on Friday. Get that sushi on. 
  • @morethanamama, I also just had sushi for brunch. It was delicious. And some of it was raw. #noregrets #exceptmaybeiatetoomuch
  • Last week I was all about kalamata olives and this week the thought grosses me out, so that's fun, and I am really not sure what to do with all of the olives I have left.

Last two pregnancies, the only way I could get through first-tri was buttered noodles.  So far *knock on wood* I have been craving super fresh things, like fruits and veggies.

Pregnancy Ticker
  • @smg2302 last preg all I wanted was baguettes, so I feel you. I had a whole pint of strawberries last night and was soooo happy. As far as the olives, I thought they stay pretty long if you have them in the brine?

Also, if anyone has experience with food sensitivities/allergies/celiac going away (or getting worse) during pregnancy, I have a Q on the monday ticker thread if you could check it out. 

Right now I am eating pretzels. So many pretzels. 
  • Salt. Mostly salt. Chips, pretzels, onion bagels, olives, salted peanuts/cashews, and anything with red sauce (meatball subs, chicken parm, pasta). Mmmmmm now I’m hungry. 
  • Thankfully I’ve been okayish with most foods still. With DD I craved broccoli and with DS I craved steak. We are red lobster for Valentine’s Day and the most amazing tasting thing on my plate was for sure the broccoli! DH said “oh hell I’m not doing that again....”  

• I am a total sweets-addict but none of that sounds good since MS kicked in about a week ago. I'm all about savory and hot comfort foods. French onion soup, biscuits and gravy, mac and cheese. I am able to eat some cereal (gotta keep me regular kashi) and apples for some reason are fine. I'd pry stop digesting full stop without those two foods.Also sipping on some citrus sparkling water to help curb the nausea.
  • I am so getting an Italian sandwich for lunch. It sounds soooo good. (As others have mentioned, other foods are a higher risk for listeria so I mostly ignore that guideline.)
    Me: 29 || DH: 29
    TTC #1 4/2016 || dx NIR PCOS 7/2016 || BFP 4/2017
    DD - 12/28/17 <3

TTC #2 3/2019
    BFP 5/2019 || MC - D&C 5/2019
    BFP 2/2020 || EDD 10/10/2020
  • Currently on lunch #2. I had a slice of pizza at 11am because I couldn’t stop thinking about the piece I had in the fridge at work, so now I’m having a salad (not a super healthy salad, but I really wanted mac and cheese 🤷‍♀️)
    Furbaby (Oscar) | 12/9/2010
    DD | 7/3/2015 
    DS | 2/20/2018
    LO#3 | EDD: 10/11/2020 TEAM GREEN!
  • MS has hit so I’m barely eating. I have however been living on peach iced tea. 
  • I’m firmly in camp “nothing sounds good.” Actually, mist stuff sounds disgusting. I pretty much settle on things that don’t make me sick to think about. Tonight that was Taco Bell nacho cheese, I just ate 3 little containers of it and it was delicious. 
  • Bland carbs. Sweet tea. Pink drinks at Starbucks. And fish. Sushi. Salmon. Tuna. It all sounds yummy. 
  • Bland carbs. Sweet tea. Pink drinks at Starbucks. And fish. Sushi. Salmon. Tuna. It all sounds yummy. 
    I’ve been craving sushi too! But only from my favorite sushi place which is 3 hours away!  :s 
  • @JLaVO888 that is really inconvenient 😣
  • I realized that cold food sounds appetizing but nothing hot. Like that pizza lunchable actually seems appetizing 😂
  • @coldbrew I’m sad I only bought two. And that I shared both of them with DD. 
  • We had lobster Mac and cheese and fried calamari for lunch...we splurged since we had the day off and no kid :) but I need to get back on the healthy train!
  • I'm on a nut and seed kick.  Currently on my desk are little baggies of sunflower seeds, pecan halves, and coconut cashews.  Also some triple ginger cookies from Trader Joe's for nausea.
    Current pregnancy -
    First BFP on 1/4/22.  Due date 9/13/22.

Four prior losses, no living children - 1 first trimester miscarriage, 1 blighted ovum, 1 chemical, and one extreme premature live birth daughter who died at 15 days old.

• Of course Facebook had to know I was craving sushi and fuel the craving. Ughhh
  • @JLaVO888 that looks amazing! I love sushi so much but it’s hard to find good sushi in England. When we lived in Florida, I ate it every week. 

My pregnant self ate pizza and wings last night because making dinner sounded like the worst thing ever. 
    Me: 27 DH: 27
    Married 6/15/13
    BFP #1 5/8/16, EDD 12/31/16- DD born 9/10/16 at 24 weeks 
    ~In our hearts forever~
    BFP #2 10/14/17, EDD 7/1/18

• Heading to chick-fil-a for a breakfast burrito.
  • @profmcgonagall I feel you on not cooking. I can eat most things if you put it in front of me, but the mere thought of food makes me queasy (wtf body). I just kind of have to not think about it, just eat. 
  • I am babysitting and craving a specific salad. One that they don’t have the ingredients for and there are no places that deliver anything even close to what I’m craving. 😩
  • There's no way I'm not going to gain 100 lbs this pregnancy. All I want is carbs. I had soft pretzels for breakfast and got a you-pick-two from panera for lunch and added an extra side of mac and cheese. Yikes.

Also have way more nausea this pregnancy so I'm following someone's advice of eating to your cravings and that's keeping me mostly ok...
    Furbaby (Oscar) | 12/9/2010
    DD | 7/3/2015 
    DS | 2/20/2018
    LO#3 | EDD: 10/11/2020 TEAM GREEN!
  • @pelomama I'm with you. I was just getting pukey during a conference call. I went and made a mini quesadilla afterwards just to feel better, though I had a breakfast taco just 2 hours ago. 
  • JLaVO888 said:
    So far this has been my most appetizing  meal two days running.... I don’t even consider it real food. But it’s amazing! 
    It’s food enough!!

I’m still dreaming about the pizza lunchables they used to have that were pillowy soft breadsticks with sauce and cheese, this pic took me back. 

Not the rock hard terrible breadsticks that they replaced them with.  
  • @dolewhipper my theory is my homemade meal options are too healthy for me right now haha. I’m on an all takeout diet right now. Well too healthy plus effort. I just can’t stomach the idea of any hot veggies right now. We do Hello Fresh deliveries and 3 Vegetarian meals are in the fridge right now waiting. I literally want to throw them all away, too many flavors and too many veggies all mixed up, it’s unappetizing at the moment. Pizza please! 
  • All I want is chicken McNuggets... and the stupid pizza lunchable. Thanks a lot @JLaVO888 😂