October 2020 Moms
Options

What My Pregnant Self is Eating

Re: What My Pregnant Self is Eating

• Options
    Currently the boy is making general tso's chicken and rice.  I have also been promised a cake....
    Current pregnancy -
    First BFP on 1/4/22.  Due date 9/13/22.

Four prior losses, no living children - 1 first trimester miscarriage, 1 blighted ovum, 1 chemical, and one extreme premature live birth daughter who died at 15 days old.

• Options
    I had a wicked craving for warm, cheesy comfort food tonight. I made a lemon parm risotto, it was yummmmmy. I was afraid I put too much liquid in at the end but it came out perfectly. 
    Furbaby (Oscar) | 12/9/2010
    DD | 7/3/2015 
    DS | 2/20/2018
    LO#3 | EDD: 10/11/2020 TEAM GREEN!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    @pelomama ditto.  Mine was a homemade cheese sauce over stir fried veggies. 
    Current pregnancy -

Four prior losses, no living children - 1 first trimester miscarriage, 1 blighted ovum, 1 chemical, and one extreme premature live birth daughter who died at 15 days old.

• Options
    I’m more upset about sonic forgetting my mustard for my corn dog than I should be. 😭
  • Options
    More than my fair share of an acorn squash. Tossed with salt, pepper, garlic and sprinkled with Parmesan. Mmmmmm 😋
  • Options
    babyodobabyodo member
    Great, now the spambots are invading the BMBs. WE DON'T WANT YOUR KIND HERE!! Reported.
    Me: 37 / DH: 41
    Due with baby #2: Feb 2022

• Options
    Cheese anything but specifically cheese eggs, I have eaten them everyday! 
  • Options
    I am craving gummy candies... but my husband is firmly in the healthy food camp and tries to distract me with stuff like watermelon... or tomatoes... it is thus far mostly just me being grumpy about having no candy... 
  • Options
    @aefsparrow I know this probably isn’t helpful but I just discovered these gummies from Haribo that are watermelon slices and oh my!!! They are the most amazing thing!   I also just randomly saw on FB Haribo just released a package of famous gummies from around the world.  I bet those are amazing! 
  • Options
    Craving cheese toast and shirley temples. I'm basically 10 again ... 😂
  • Options
    On occasion while pregnant I crave greasy bar food. Usually it’s fried stuff like mozzarella sticks or fried pickles. Tonight we did the greasy bar food but instead went the route of bacon Mac n cheese and poutine. Wow did THAT hit the spot!!!!
  • Options
    babyodobabyodo member
    @aefsparrow I know this probably isn’t helpful but I just discovered these gummies from Haribo that are watermelon slices and oh my!!! They are the most amazing thing!   I also just randomly saw on FB Haribo just released a package of famous gummies from around the world.  I bet those are amazing! 
    Okay so this is going to sound weird, but MH and I are addicted to true crime shows and were binge watching The First 48 a while back, and one of the suspects was caught on surveillance camera purchasing those gummy watermelon slices before he shot someone, and I looked over to MH and said, "Those sound so amazing right now." LOL so I ordered some with our next grocery delivery, and they were amazeballs. 

Great, now I want more.  :D

• Options
    @anitamargarita_82 @babyodo yaaaaas... I keep bugging my husband... one day... I will get the gummy candies and be happy lol
  • Options
    I was obsessed with Dr Pepper for a while, but I'm kind of over it now. I desperately want a glass of prosecco, damn it.
    Me: 29 || DH: 29
    TTC #1 4/2016 || dx NIR PCOS 7/2016 || BFP 4/2017
    DD - 12/28/17 <3

TTC #2 3/2019
    BFP 5/2019 || MC - D&C 5/2019
    BFP 2/2020 || EDD 10/10/2020
  • Options
    I'm on a major fruit smoothie kick. I've had one 6 of the last 7 days. Probably the best part of working from home is easy access to the ingredients and the blender in the middle of the day. 
  • Options
    @carrotsandpeas3 use Greek yogurt for extra protein, but that's a fav of mine, too.
    Current pregnancy -

• Options
    @kboydbowman I have been! Greek yogurt, a little milk, frozen fruit, spinach, and a splash of OJ. It's THE BEST. DH keeps making fun of how much of my weekly grocery list is centered around my smoothies.
  • Options
    @carrotsandpeas3 the one I just drank was Greek yogurt, "pina colada" style protein drink, strawberries, blueberries, peaches, pineapple, and coconut cream.
    Current pregnancy -

• Options
    @MJDsquared, omg prosecco! I am seriously considering buying a bottle of alcohol free just to have something. 

I’ve been craving peach crumble and cheesecake for a few weeks so I’ll probably make that happen soon. 
    Me: 27 DH: 27
    Married 6/15/13
    BFP #1 5/8/16, EDD 12/31/16- DD born 9/10/16 at 24 weeks 
    ~In our hearts forever~
    BFP #2 10/14/17, EDD 7/1/18

• Options
    babyodobabyodo member
    @carrotsandpeas3 the one I just drank was Greek yogurt, "pina colada" style protein drink, strawberries, blueberries, peaches, pineapple, and coconut cream.
    I have almost all of those things! With the exception of the peaches, and sub coconut water for coconut cream. Hmmmmm... I know what I'm having as a mid-morning snack! :D 

• Options
    I'm always surprised at how easy it is to hide spinach in a smoothie. Two big handfuls today, and I don't taste it at all! 
  • Options
    If you have trouble figuring out smoothie mixes Walmart sells smoothie packs that are pretty delicious and super easy. They have nothing but the fruits and veggies, and have different mixes for different needs. I use them when I have an early day and dont have time to deal with chopping or peeling. Plus they make a good base to then add extra stuff too. 
  • Options
    Rena21Rena21 member
    edited May 2020
    Been so sick so far that I haven’t eaten a ton...if I find something that is even remotely appealing I stick to it until I’m completely sick of it. A few weeks ago it was V8 juice but it started giving me the worst heartburn. Now I’m onto homemade hard shell (aka FAKE 😂) tacos. Can’t get enough. The thought of anything else makes me want to run for the toilet. 
    I’ve also been ordering Daily Harvest every couple of weeks or so for their smoothies when there’s nothing else that I want. 
  • Options
    @profmcgonagall I've thought about non-alcoholic but never really checked to see if it was available at the store we order from these days. Turns out it is but it's pickup only, so we're picking up this time just so I can get it 😂 But we'll see if they can actually fulfill it...we get a lot of cancelled items and substitutions.
    DD - 12/28/17 <3

TTC #2 3/2019
  • Options
    @MJDsquared, I bought the non alcoholic prosecco this week and made myself a “mimosa”. Not amazing but also not bad. 

I can’t get enough of peaches right now! I made berry and peach baked oatmeal and peach French toast this. And have been eating them like crazy 
    Me: 27 DH: 27
    Married 6/15/13
    BFP #1 5/8/16, EDD 12/31/16- DD born 9/10/16 at 24 weeks 
    ~In our hearts forever~
    BFP #2 10/14/17, EDD 7/1/18

• Options
    @profmcgonagall I also got some non-alcoholic champagne and agree it wasn't bad. I'll be ready for the real thing in October though!
    DD - 12/28/17 <3

TTC #2 3/2019
  • Options
    @MJDsquared I looked some up after reading your comment, and I will probably get a bottle this week. It got pretty decent reviews online. We have a whole bunch of navel orange trees in our neighborhood that are free for the picking, and a mimosa sounds wonderful. 
  • Options
    I feel like I've been indulging in so many cravings that I almost don't have any right now. But I've been craving icy drinks and popsicles lately! 
  • Options
    @profmcgonagall also here for the peaches! I got some peach juice from Trader Joe's. I'm wondering if it would work well with that non alcoholic champagne for some Memorial Day Weekend mocktails...
  • Options
    @morethanamama Oh that sounds delicious! The one that I found that got good reviews was Fre Alcohol Removed Brut from BevMo. Was that what either of you guys who have tried it had? 

Oh I’ve also been craving tomatoes, which is weird because normally I find them just okay. Not complaining in the slightest. I’ve really been wanting caprese salads. 🤤
  • Options
    @animalandplantrescuer Fre is what I had! It's a bit sweeter than the real thing, but a pretty good substitute.
    DD - 12/28/17 <3

TTC #2 3/2019
  • Options
    Popsicles are my EVERYTHING! It's already 90 out on a regular basis and I'm melting! I'm also still craving my cookies and cheese lol
  • Options
    Addition to above... I just got irrationally angry at my husband for eating a piece of my pumpkin bread this afternoon without telling me or offering me any at the time. 
  • Options
    I’m really craving iced tea this time.  I could drink a whole sun tea jar full every day if I could.  But it has caffeine so I’m very careful 😩.  
  • Options
    The caffeine in tea is pretty low, and you could always use a mix of caffeinated and defcaf bags.  You'll be fine, have your tea!
    Current pregnancy -

• Options
    Rena21Rena21 member
    I bought a non-alcoholic sparkling wine and it wasn’t bad in a mimosa but too sweet on its own. It says it’s de-alcoholized Chardonnay. What are the brands that you guys have tried? I want something a bit less sweet. 

Also- I’m super into tomatoes lately. I had to lay off the V8 because it gave me heartburn but I just ate 3 huge tomatoes sliced up with some salt. 
  • Options
    I just ate a salami sandwich and it really hit the spot!!! I’ve been ravenous the last few days.  Not for anything in particular just really hungry.  I’ll definitely be back on WW after this little boy is born!  
  • Options
    @anitamargarita_82 I am plan on joining WW after my pregnancy too. I like that they have a plan if you’re breast feeding. Maybe we can go from this message board to that one together. 😁
  • Options
    @animalandplantrescuer sounds awesome!! I did it after my DD was born once I ready to start working hard to get the weight off.  I had a lot to lose last time as well 😩. 
  • Options
    @anitamargarita_82 I'm with you! I have been STARVING all the time! I'll eat and as soon as the dish is in the washer I'm like... hmmm snackies...