February 2020 Moms

The Great Question Thread

1373839404143»

Re: The Great Question Thread

• There is a link on the first page of the post "private group discussion"
  • There’s a thread on here about the private group and on the first page of that there’s a link in someone’s post
  • Loading the player...
  • Having to go in for weekly NST and Ultrasounds now. How likely would it be for my OB to recommend inducing? So far baby has been getting perfect scores. Good HB and 8/8 on the scans. 
  • I've also had weekly NST {twice a week} and ultrasounds. Everything has been perfect but blood pressure has been elevated twice. Doctor is inducing at 39 weeks exactly {tomorrow, January 29}
  • I'm having twice a week NST appts too with US. I was told I'll be induced 1-2 weeks early. I think my OB will setting the date tomorrow. 
  • Im due next week on the 7th. So far he doesn't seem too worried even though I developed GD so late into the pregnancy and my numbers have been pretty good on that front...
  • babyspice5babyspice5 member
    edited February 2020
    Hey moms, need your help. 

I had my baby on Tuesday she is 4 days old today. While I was in the hospital recovering I came down with a super horrible sore throat. I told the nurses my doctor and basically no one was concerned and they just kept giving me cough drops and told me the air was dry there.

Now today is Saturday and my throat hurts just as much as it did before, I have a deep mucus cough and sinus drainage. So I’m freaking out. I decided to go to urgent care and get checked out and they said the sinus drainage is what’s causing the sore throat and the cough but it could be bronchitis. And the doctor prescribed me a Z pack. 

My concern is my 4 day old baby. She’s showing no signs of being sick. But iv already called her pediatrician and my OB and both basically said the same thing is make sure I’m washing my hands and if she gets sick then take her in. 

Safe to say I’m freaking out. Because I wasn’t being overly cautious with her till now. Went on google (I know ) and bronchitis can turn into RSV. Ugh. 

She is being breastfeed and my doctor told me to keep doing that. But other than that there’s nothing I can do. Im also wearing a mask around her, yay. 

I guess I wanted to hear DONT worry she’ll be fine. Lol but no one said that. So now I’m sitting here waiting for her to get sick and did I mention I’m freaking out?!  

Any insight would help, I need some mom advice. 

Thanks guys. 

• @babyspice5 congrats on your baby! It sounds like you are doing everything you can to prevent her from getting sick. As you breastfeed, baby is getting the antibodies to fight off whatever you are sick with. It's not fool proof, but breastfeeding will for sure help prevent her from being sick too :) 

I don't think anyone can promise that she won't get sick too, but as I said, it sounds like you are doing everything right :) 

Stay strong momma!