April 2020 Moms
Options

January Symptoms

Re: January Symptoms

• Options
    @korthouse it may sound weird, but my friend told me a little bit of apple cider vinegar mixed with a dash of cranberry juice was the only thing that touched her heart burn. I’ve been doing this when feeling indigested 
  • Options
    Well, I've developed a skin tag on my stomach. Got this last pregnancy, but much later. Hoping it goes away shortly after delivery like last time.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I get those little red bumps. Cherry angiomas I think they're called? Or maybe they're little blood blisters? All I know is I got them last pregnancy and my doc said they never go away. She was right and now I have even more. My chest looks like I'm constantly breaking out 😒
  • Options
    @babybison I get those too! I have big one on my stomach from DD2
  • Options
    The bloody noses have returned for me!  
  • Options
    Is anyone else still dealing with the all day morning sickness? I just haven't been able to shake it. I haven't  actually puked since about 18 weeks, but I'm still nauseous all day long at 25 weeks and definitely could puke at times. 

With DD I had such an easy pregnancy after 15 weeks, but this pregnancy is so hard and miserable for me. 

I'm also extremely tired all the time and feel out of breath constantly. And now I'm adding the heartburn on top of everything else. 

I'm 39 and my midwife told me that probably has a lot to do with it. I'm just counting down the days to delivery.

I don't even care if I'm ready or not. I have no energy to focus on the nursery or anything. I have a carseat, a bassinet, and some onesies/swaddle blankets from my DD...so I figure if I order diapers on Amazon I'll be good to go! 
  • Options
    @kfs2016 I'm not dealing with nausea but I'm 37 and definitely feeling my age.  My pregnancy with DD1 I was 32/33 and was it so much easier physically and I had so much more energy.  I think part of it was just having more time to take care of myself, eat right, get exercise.  Now it's harder with two kids.  Plus they are mentally exhausting.  
  • Options
    @mandarenee898 you describing all your pillows sounds like me! I’ve had leg cramps for weeks and I have to use all sorts of pillows and I toss and turn. 

I’m getting real hot certain nights too. Wake up and take off my long sleeve and socks. 

I’m getting the tummy tightness too and it gets real uncomfortable. I wanna eat and drink but there’s nowhere for it to go. I still try tho ;)
  • Options
    @babybison my chest broke out in red spots about a month ago! I’ve been trying not to think about it or pay too much attention to it, which is easier this time of year since I live in Alberta and it’s the middle of winter, so I’m pretty covered up. I’m sure come summer time I’m going to really want these red dots gone! Oh no!
  • Options
    @goodyloves I wish the pillows were cutting it tonight! I moved to the couch to sleep sitting up as I woke up with bad heartburn. 
  • Options
    Anyone else extra emotional lately or just me?! I had a meltdown last night after a ten hour work day because I came home and DH had moved all of the Christmas decorations from where I had been collecting them in the living room to the dining room table. It made me feel incredibly guilty that I didn’t finish putting them away this weekend, but I knew this week was going to be hell at work, so I made a conscious decision to rest Sunday evening instead of pushing myself to get it done. After ten hours yesterday and the day before, the last thing I wanted to do was deal with the decorations or be reminded that I wasn’t able to do everything, and I said as much before uncontrollably sobbing...sooooo my night was fun. DH was understanding, and he certainly didn’t mean for me to feel any of that. I was mostly just tired and overwhelmed and hungry and anything probably would have sent me over the edge, but then I was upset for being upset! Ugh.
  • Options
    @jenabary YES!  I've been attributing it to super work stress, no sleep, and pregnancy.  I cry at the drop of a hat.  I also do the get upset over being upset thing and I can't stop tearing up.  
  • Options
    Night sweats and crazy vivid dreams so sleeping is sucking. Also, I am usually a night shower person but waking up sweaty makes me want a shower and then DD is always up and I get her and me ready in the am and she was a pain this am so I got emotional at DH for not helping on days he WFH. It was a morning! I hate being sweaty and ugh.
    TW: 
    1 infant loss
    8/17: Our daughter was born
    8/18: Our daughter kicked open heart surgery ass
    2/19: We lost our son to Prader-Willi/Paradoxical Vocal Cord/ Noonans at 6wks old 
    4/26/2020: EDD for baby #3!!!
  • Options
    Sweaty, vivid dreams, loads of crying - all a yup from me! Basically I’m a hot sweaty stinky tear stained mess! And my vagina hurts!
  • Options
    I don't know if it's just bean going through a growth spurt or not but I have been so nappy again, today especially. Hoping it's not 2nd trimester energy started to wear off because I was getting so productive and there's still lots to do! 
  • Options
    I’m with @literatureandink on all of that. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Me 34 DH 34 
    PCOS

DS1 born September 2017
    Baby number 2 due 4/11/20
  • Options
    @mercury94 you also are a hot sweaty stinky tear stained mess with an ouchy vagina?! Love this camaraderie!
  • Options
    @literatureandink Yep. Pregnancy is beautiful and glamorous. 

Me 34 DH 34 
    PCOS

DS1 born September 2017
  • Options
    @mandarenee898 I have to move to the couch half of the week because of the leg cramps. I feel you, sister. <3 

and I’ve been extra emotional also. A car almost hit us in traffic the other day and I lost it. I’m holding it all in and it just came out. Ugly cried in the car. 

I’ve been extra sleepy too. Come on third trimester. Let’s stay awake so we can get things ready for baby! ☺️
  • Options
    @goodyloves I’ve been feeling more run down this week too. There are things I need to do around the house and I do one thing and feel the need to go lay on the couch to rest! 
  • Options
    Same so tired! Once I sit on the couch I have such a hard time getting back up. 

Has anyone else noticed their hair growing slower? I swear I don't have to shave my armpits as much 💁
  • Options
    @babybison I just noticed that about hair and shaving yesterday! Not a bad symptom  haha 
  • Options
    I might need to take my OB up on the suggestion of physical therapy at my next appointment. My left hip is killing me. I can barely walk today without extreme pain. 

Me 34 DH 34 
    PCOS

DS1 born September 2017
  • Options
    Anyone else's belly feeling real heavy lately? I don't remember this from last time.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    For everyone dealing with hip pain at night, I discovered from using the bolsters in my yoga class that using a thicker pillow or double pillows between my knees to my feet at night makes for less wake ups to switch sides and my hips aren't as sore in the morning. My yoga teacher said having all the way from my knee through my foot supported keeps the hips more aligned, so less pain.
  • Options
    @kathryn090 definitely a heavy belly here for me
  • Options
    @kathryn0903 a heavy belly here too!

@korthouse funny you post that as last night I tried a thicker pillow and it seemed to have less hip pain. But now I'll try another pillow between my calves!
  • Options
    @mercury94 My left hip is bothering me too! I can walk on it, but if I'm standing, I have to put more weight on the right side because the left side will throb like crazy. 

@kathryn0903 I'm definitely feeling that heavy belly - some days more than others. I feel like I am carrying really low, and my daughter finds it fun to kick my bladder when I get complacent. 

@korthouse I'll try the knee to feet pillow idea because I feel that pain at night.  
  • Options
    I have been having very bad stomach pain today. This morning it was extremely painful but had subsided a little bit now. My hips and back are in pain as well.

Is this just severe round ligament pain?
  • Options
    @katiemcoulter5271 Where in your stomach is it? Is it just when you stand/move or is it a consistent pain? I think RLP is usually involving movement, but I'm not sure. It couldn't hurt to call your doctor just to check. 
  • Options
    @katiemcoulter5271 My OB said to call if I had bad cramping that didn’t go away with rest.

Me 34 DH 34 
    PCOS

DS1 born September 2017
  • Options
    It was all over my stomach this morning. It hurt to sit up or anything. I feel Alot better now and already have an appointment on Wednesday. Not sure if I should call now
  • Options
    Just talked to a nurse at my doctors office to calm my nerves. She said since I'm feeling better I don't need to come in today.
    Will make sure to discuss with ob on Wednesday!
  • Options
    My vagina is really starting to not like when I stand up/begin to walk after sitting at my desk for hours at a time. Feels like a stabbing knife. Hurray for lightning crotch.
  • Options
    My back is so sore lately. Doesn't help that work has the most uncomfortable chairs. I swear I feel a difference on days I works vs days I'm off.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    @Kathryn0903 I bought myself a chair for work last pregnancy. I just couldn’t deal with it. 

Me 34 DH 34 
    PCOS

DS1 born September 2017
  • Options
    @mercury94 If I was full time and not part time, I would seriously consider it.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    @literatureandink Is that what that is? Lightning crotch? :lol: I've had that happen quite regularly these days, and I was like, "WTH, vagina? Not you too!" I added leg cramps to my repertoire of symptoms this week, though I will say that I've FINALLY found a position to sleep in that is comfortable so I've been getting better sleep these past few days. Gonna enjoy it as long as it lasts!! 
  • Options
    The emotions! I’m losing patience with everyone and everything, which is making things harder for me at work and at home. I’m just telling everyone that it’s third tri and I’m completely crazy. 

Me 34 DH 34 
    PCOS

DS1 born September 2017
  • Options
    @sbalding88 yeah it’s a combo of lightning crotch and round ligament pain. Also the more baby is growing she’s weighing down on my nerves and veins like a little brat. Lol