April 2020 Moms

January Symptoms

Re: January Symptoms

• Normsl aches and pains at this point, but so hungry lately.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • I can't eat as large portions as I could before. I just seem to run out of room, not stop feeling hungry, so I'm trying to up my snack game. Anyone have any favourite healthy easy snacks?

Also getting more lower back pain, which yoga seems to help with, and my bladder control is at high risk if I sneeze...and I have a cold right now so I feel a little reckless when I go out in public!
  • Loading the player...
  • I feel pretty good except my leg cramps every single night. I’ve had them since week 16. The doctor said she’d refer me to physical therapy. I try everything and nothing helps. I know it’s just how it is with baby and all. It is worth it when I think about her and she moves. My movements are still light, but I feel them more now, she’s getting stronger. 

I’m real hungry all the time. I’m eating too many carbs. I try to eat light snacks tho — Yogurt, unsalted peanut butter pretzels, tangerines. 

Happy new year, momma’s! 
  • @korthouse I feel you on the sneezing. I had to wear pantiliners in the end last pregnancy because of that reason.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Feeling pretty good. Wake up with a back ache most mornings and have been dealing with heart palpitations and shortness of breath, but nothing that a little relaxing doesn’t relieve. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • My insomnia is so bad!  Still constipated like crazy and also feeling a little risky (lol @korthouse) with the pee issues.  Mine is mostly that I feel like I can't empty my bladder all the way.  My quick run to the bathroom has now turned into a ten minute ordeal with different angles and pushing to get it all out .  Then a few minutes after I pull my pants up I still seem to leak more.  I hate panty liners but I think I need to give in and use them.       
  • I feel everyone on the bladder issues. I coughed while leaving the bathroom last night and had some unpleasant leaking. I may be pulling out the panty liners too. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Me 34 DH 34 
    PCOS

DS1 born September 2017
    Baby number 2 due 4/11/20
  • Slight bloody nose and gums- which I hate but always happens with me. Getting a bit stiff in the mornings, but nowhere near the swelling etc I had with my daughter-so hoping that stays low! 
    TW: 
    1 infant loss
    8/17: Our daughter was born
    8/18: Our daughter kicked open heart surgery ass
    2/19: We lost our son to Prader-Willi/Paradoxical Vocal Cord/ Noonans at 6wks old 
    4/26/2020: EDD for baby #3!!!
  • @mercury94 @KFrob @Kathryn0903 I'm thinking I might invest in a couple pairs of leakproof underwear. I can't stand pantyliners so the longer I can avoid them the better for my sanity. They also make some specifically for postpartum 
  • Add me to the list of reckless pee sneezers! I swore to myself it wouldn’t happen but over the last week or so a powerful sneeze has caused it! 😫
  • Feeling full and indigestion if I eat too much. I don’t don’t know if I would call it full blown heart burn, but more of a burpy, full, uncomfortable feeling. 
  • @korthouse @babyrummom I get full so quick and have trouble getting all the food I need. It is just that super full uncomfortable feeling of a mix of indigestion and heartburn. And if the babies aren’t pushing on my stomach they are playing on the bladder!

@korthouse @kathryn0903 @mercury94 @KFrob @literatureandink I have a cold (2nd one this pregnancy) and sneezing is such a gamble. I had one earlier today where a little leaked out. However I started with the pantyliners early in pregnancy when the uterus was starting to push on the bladder.  They are just so convenient and easy to change out. 

@goodyloves my mom swears by a small spoon of mustard before bed for leg cramps. I haven’t tried it as I don’t get many cramps. I take magnesium every day and that is supposed to help your muscles so maybe that is why I don’t have much. 
  • Snissing! Haha. I had my first sneeze/piss too. I found for leg cramps if I flex my foot while I stretch it can help make them go away. 

My biggest annoyance is itchy boobs. THEY'RE SO ITCHY! And it's like, itchy on the inside and I can't fix it. 😣
  • @babybison I had that itchiness last week. Couldn’t find a good solution to it. Just haven’t had it the last few days. 

Me 34 DH 34 
    PCOS

DS1 born September 2017
  • @babybison @mercury94 I’ve had that internal itching recently too and I’ve also had a return of deep boob pain/throbbing. Also my nipples are beginning to leak clear fluid. And they’re a hideously dark color. Sooooo fun times. Lol
  • I can relate to the weird looking boobs for sure...mine are a road map of blue veins with big dark nipples.

some new symptoms: acid reflux is keeping me up at night! Taking some tums before bed helps a bit but not completely. I’m also having issues with my hands swelling to the point that my wedding rings are impossible to wear. I can relate to those that said they are feeling really hungry! I can eat practically as much as my husband now and he is not a small human! I typically experience a painfully full feeling after large meals though...which is helping me slow down.
  • My exhaustion has come back. Not full-fledged yet, but I was hoping for another 2 weeks or so of good physical energy before it hit the fan. Chasing after a 3 year old and taking care of a sick household hasn't helped in that regard. Too bad it hasn't curbed my caloric intake!
  • Definitely realizing there's only so much I can do at a time now without being uncomfortable. Was doing a couple things cleaning yesterday and afterwards my bump felt uncomfortable.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • @Kathryn0903 I've been running into the same problem.  My belly gets really tight and uncomfortable if I push it too much, its probably some form of Braxton Hicks since its not painful but uncomfortable.  
  • @Kathryn0903 @KFrob My belly isn't getting uncomfortable per se if I do too much, more like it starts feeling heavy, like I want to pick it up and carry it around to take the pressure off.
  • @literatureandink Pressure is a good way to describe it! 
  • I feel that too. I have to rest between tasks a lot more than normal. 

Me 34 DH 34 
    PCOS

DS1 born September 2017
  • @kfrob I've wondered if it was braxton hicks. I never had them last pregnancy.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • @Kathryn0903 I get BH all the time. I would definitely describe it as a tightening feeling, so it could be them. My midwife says they start sooner the 2nd time because your uterus already knows what to do.
  • @korthouse I just recently joined the risky sneezing and peeing club. I discovered this was a thing this past Thursday when I peed my pants after sneezing. I may have to try the leak-proof underwear too because I really hate the panty liners. I'm going to need to start thinking about allergy season meds that are safe for pregnancy, or I'm going to be in real trouble with the sneezing. LOL. As for snacks, I love hardboiled eggs, yogurt with Bear Naked granola, apples and peanut butter, or cheese sticks with whatever fruit I happen to be craving at the moment. (Pineapple, apples, and blueberries most recently) Oh and I like making my own dip and dipping whatever veggies I have on hand in them. 

@literatureandink My boobs haven't been throbbing per se or leaking at all, but the nipples have been hurting like crazy. I haven't had boob pain since 12 weeks, and I'm a bit annoyed that my boobs are bothering me again.The nipples definitely got even darker in the last two weeks, which against my extremely pale skin looks a bit bizarre to me. 

@KFrob The insomnia is kicking my butt these days. I randomly got a good night of sleep last night, and I feel like a new woman. But that is a rare exception and not the norm so I have been taking advantage of feeling less tired today by trying to get stuff done. My back is telling me that maybe I was a little overzealous though. Ugh. 

Headaches have been my newest pregnancy symptom; I managed to not get more than a couple in the first half of pregnancy, but lately, they've been kicking my butt. Drinking more water and making sure I don't go too long between snacks helps with some, but I still am regularly having them. It's probably the insomnia's fault coupled with the Virginia weather not sure if it's going to be 65 or 35 and being pregnant. 
  • @sbalding88 Good snack suggestions! I just got some leakproof underwear today. My best friend swears by them so hopefully that'll do the trick for me!

• So the night sweats have returned for me in the last week... anyone else?
  • @mandarenee898 Yes. Thank you for mentioning that. I just realized that if us why I woke up every hour last night. 

Me 34 DH 34 
    PCOS

DS1 born September 2017
  • @mandarenee898 Not full on night sweats, but I definitely wake up so hot these days. I think that and the pain in my hips and back are responsible for some of my insomnia. The rest I blame on me being anxious about something. Trying to work on reducing the impact of all of that on my sleep, because I'm so tired. 
  • @mandarenee898 I've started to turn our heat way down at night the last few nights and noticed I'm sleeping better so I must be a victim of the night sweats too
  • @mandarenee898 yup! When I’ve been able to actually sleep (I’ve slept at least 5 hours the past three nights thank GOD) I have insanely vivid dreams and wake up sweaty...

My boobs and belly are also starting to get super itchy.
  • Has anyone been getting slightly lightheaded when standing too long in the same position? It has happened to me twice so far - once when I was standing for 45 minutes in the same position at the vet and then tonight when I was standing keeping the crib steady while DH was putting it together tonight. It immediately rectifies itself when I sit down and drink some water. My ob says it’s normal - just a weird feeling.
  • Anyone else struggling with stairs? I don't want to resort to elevators yet, but stairs are hard.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • @Kathryn0903 YES and we live on the 3rd floor of 3 floor walk-up. So many stairs and I'm starting to need little breaks on the landings sometimes, especially if I'm carrying anything. 
  • @Kathryn0903 I go downstairs okay, but I’ve taken to using the elevator when I go up. It’s just too much for my hips. 

Me 34 DH 34 
    PCOS

DS1 born September 2017
  • Thanks ladies! I’m glad I’m not the only sweaty mess out there. 😆

@Kathryn0903 stairs are hard! I get winded easily and my belly feels so much heavier. 
  • @literatureandink I definitely get lightheaded! My mom told me she passed out a few times in pregnancy, so when I feel it happening I try to sit/drink water, cool down right away.

I had some fun nausea this weekend and then major gas and digestive upset early this week. I felt better yesterday, and I am hoping that continues! I think baby is growing and pushing all of my organs out of the way and they aren’t sure how to react. 
  • Oh my goodness the vivid dreams. I already normally tend to have vivid dreams, but they have seriously upped their game. I had a dream last night where I ate something in it that I could full on still taste when I woke up and now I want that food. Also the leg cramps and pins and needles are setting in more
  • I know I was already the last to post but OH MY GOSH the heartburn (and burpiness) today. Tums is not cutting it and I'm already super tired but lying down for a nap makes it worse. What other than antacids will work?
  • @korthouse my doc approved me taking Pepcid AC twice a day cause once a day wasn’t cutting it.  Also, I’ve caved and am sleeping at a slight incline (pillow under my ribs, two pillows under my head - plus using boppy side sleeper to keep me on my side and a pillow between my knees!!). The vivid dreams have increased this week and they are WEIRD! 

Last week I was saying how I couldn’t eat and now this week I just want to eat!! Problem is I want junk food (candy and chips) and pop. So..... I want to eat but I don’t want to eat what I should be eating. I try not to indulge because I tend to go overboard.