*change divorce to breakup*

Married: August 2012
TTC #1: July 2015
BFP 1: October 30, 2015; EDD: July 6, 2016- Team Pink
TTC #2: September 2019

Re: Weekly Randoms 12/22

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    I’m annoyed by a gift someone sent for my daughter. We live in a townhouse with four people, two dogs, and a cat whenever she decides to come in. Someone decided to buy my 3yo a rather large foam bean bag chair. This thing is massive from the picture. We were thinking about letting her open it, to say she did, and then hide it like we do other large gifts that we don’t have space for. I’m really thinking about telling people that they need to consult with us before buying gifts. 
    She has something from her birthday that is in her closet because there is just no space. 

• Options
    @psychobutthead why even ask at that point if you weren’t going to follow instructions? I truly don’t get people sometimes. 
    @riatortillaxo I was hoping to wrap the gifts and run some last minute errands because Christmas tomorrow, but since my daughter would have been at daycare, but she caught some type of cold from daycare Friday so I’m keeping her home tomorrow. I could wrap while she naps but I like to nap while she naps. But I’ll figure it out. I hope you can squeeze in some time for a nap tomorrow! Remember we have to take care of us as well. 

• Options
    @blackgirlmagic i have no idea. Maybe its a power trip thing? Also my son is very skinny. She would say she wanted to help us and get him some clothes.
    Only certain brands fit him because hes petite. I would tell her which fit. Its not even a brand preference. Its a i like my sons clothes to fit preference.
    Everytime she would buy him the exact brands I said didnt fit him.
    Pregnancy #1 DD 08.30.2007
    Pregnancy #2 Natural Miscarriage at 6 weeks 03/2014 Due date 11/9/2014
    Pregnancy #3 DS 02.23.2015
    Pregnancy #4 Missed Miscarriage at 11 weeks 11/2018 Due date 5/22/2019
    Pregnancy #5 Positive test 12/11/2019 Due Date 8/17/2020

• Options
    Oh man, that is so hard. @psychobutthead she just got the cutest outfit from baby gap from DHs aunt last night.  So apparently she heard me mention baby gap, and that's gonna be her thing now!  Not complaining!!! 🤣 That is really stupid not to just get the brands that you/he like / work for your kid.  IDGI
  • Options
    I can hardly believe, it's Christmas Eve!  Still so much to do before we head over to SILs later this evening...

Did I mention our drier broke? 🤦 luckily I had already dealt with most of our holiday attire, but yesterday I had to wash three loads of DHs work clothes so he could bring them to the laundromat to dry.  Good times.
  • Options
    @BusinessWife That sucks so much! I'm sorry. 

FIL is coming in to town today and I'm ready for our Christmas dinner. We always do a Prime Rib roast and I've been craving steak hardcore. 
  • Options
    @BusinessWife oh, man. I loathe the laundromat. I know I am headed there with comforters after the New Year. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker TickerMe: 40  H: 38

***TW***

****trigger warning****

1 LC, girl 5 years old

TTC #2 Summer 2017

BFP 1/5/2018, MC (D & E) 2/23/2018

TTCAL May 2018

BFP 9/20/2018, MC (D & E) 11/16/2018 :'(

• Options
    @BusinessWife We dealt with a broken dryer (and then washer, thanks to DH’s attempts to fix said dryer on his own) for a few months this past summer. (Our laundry closet is tiny and it took some time to find replacements that would fit.) I will say, I eventually found the laundromat kinda peaceful. MUCH more tolerable in the age of WiFi and smart phones. Hope you’re back up and running soon, especially because 3 loads of wet laundry is shockingly heavy!

@radiohd18 I think whatever you decide about the gift for your brother will be just fine. Not needing to pick out return gifts can be the greatest present of all, especially when financially stressed. I’d suggest doing something to make the whole gift opening process celebratory and inclusive of everyone — put on some good music or a Christmas movie, pour everyone a hot chocolate with candy cane stirrer, etc. etc. It’ll be fine!
  • Options
    @BusinessWife Sorry about the dryer! Such a hassle during an already busy time! 
    So hard to believe that it is Christmas already! I hope everyone has a Merry Christmas Eve today for those who celebrate! 
  • Options
    edited December 2019
    (((hugs))) @tyrion_ This is just the second Christmas without my mom - she passed in October, so last year everyone was still kind of feeling; this year, it's very real that she's not here.  And so many of the decorations remind me of her... Ugh.  It's hard.  I don't even feel like I'm ready for new traditions yet, still just trying to put one foot in front of the other, festivities wise. :/
  • Options
    @blackgirlmagic how frustrating. My bio mom got DS a HUGE stuffed owl when he was a newborn and we gave it away. 🤷🏼‍♀️ No regrets. We also live in a small home. 

@tyrion_ I’m sorry your holidays aren’t the same. I totally understand. My dad passed in 2014 and he was basically the center of all our family events. I hope you still have a good day. 

@BusinessWife oh no! Glad you were still able to get your laundry done. 😬
  • Options
    @tyrion_ are you Puerto Rican? My husband is Puerto Rican and we make coquito every year for Christmas, but he misses the pig roasts. His family is still on the island but he hasn’t been back for Christmas since he moved away 10 years ago. 
  • Options
    I’m supposed to be working today, but we are all working from home and no one is actually working. I find it strange that we don’t officially get Christmas Eve off but we get the whole week between Christmas and New Year. 
  • Options
    WFH on Christmas Eve???  Lolol I'm sure that's working out well for everyone ;) @roo_baby

We are working on going down for a nap so mommy can pull out the paper cutter, finish wrapping presents, hang stockings, and take down the playpen.  Daddy should be arriving home with the tree (hopefully while we are still napping).  If I can manage to get it up with the angel/star on too before she wakes up, I'll consider it a success!  But ideally with lights too, so she can come downstairs to it all set up and glowing. 😊😊😊

Stage one of our fingerprint cards is complete.  Mommy needs them to dry enough to do the marker part, and then Rudolph's nose + fingerprint lights are first on our agenda when we wake up.  Then shower, dress and off to SILs.  We can finish decorating the tree tonight if we run out of time during the day.... 🤷
  • Options
    I need to make a pie today. Also, package up the little gifts for members of my family before tomorrow. We do a gift exchange and everyone gets one person a gift, but sometimes we do family gifts for each family of something small like an ornament or food. 

And, we're sick. The girls had colds a couple weeks ago, and now they do again. So snotty and snuffy. And H is sick, too, and (while I do think it's at least partially "man cold") he tends to be bad and sick for awhile. Lovely, so probably no help from him.
  • Options
    @coldlife We are in the same boat. Everyone in the house has a cold. Somehow DH’s is more debilitating than anyone else’s though...

This morning I may have snapped something at him about how I have the same cold as he does AND am growing a human inside me, so I really shouldn’t be the one getting up early with our son. 
  • Options
    Thanks for the kind words, ladies 💗 

@BusinessWife This is my 2nd without him as well. And the permanence of this year has been harder somehow than last. 
  • Options
    @fitandnerdy Yes, I am! My dad had a pit in our backyard just for holiday pig roasts. Growing up it was quite a shock for my friends to see a whole pig being marinated and cooked 😂 
  • Options
    Christmas Eve and Christmas isn’t the same this year since my husband has to work. My family doesn’t like each other so they don’t do anything and the in-laws are in a different state. We’re going to celebrate this weekend, but I’m in a bah humbug mood tonight. I’m sure it will pass. 
  • Options
    @tanhabanana that sucks I’m sorry! Hope you have a nice celebration this weekend
    Craft Blog
  • Options
    @radiohd18 yeah i thought it was a waste of time to ask.
    It wouke be one thing to ask and someone said something with a huge selection like barbie, or pj masks, or legos. Then you could just do whatever.

But my mil sent a gift over for my son with my sil.

It was a vtech toy for 2 year olds. My son turns 5 years old in 2 months. It even says it's for two year olds.

My son has a speech delay but hes not developmentally delayed at all. And his speech is delayed because he was tongue tied.

Pregnancy #1 DD 08.30.2007
    Pregnancy #2 Natural Miscarriage at 6 weeks 03/2014 Due date 11/9/2014
    Pregnancy #3 DS 02.23.2015
    Pregnancy #4 Missed Miscarriage at 11 weeks 11/2018 Due date 5/22/2019
    Pregnancy #5 Positive test 12/11/2019 Due Date 8/17/2020

• Options
    @samsonator so smart!  I was just talking to DH about this too, and he didn't believe me that's things would still be available but steeply marked down.  I hope to do a little bit of the same myself ;) ;)
  • Options
    sarah0985sarah0985 member
    edited December 2019
    @nhwly I saw your intro and @businesswife is right. I lived in the Middle East (Eta. Uae) for 8 years. I was a first time mom over there without family as well. Any support I can give I’d be happy to help!
    TTC1: May 2015
    Primary IF May 2016; Failed HSG; Scheduled Lap Sept. 2016
    BFP: August 22, 2016/EDD: April 29, 2017
    DD: May 1, 2017
    TTC2: June 2019
    CP September 2019
    Lap and repeat HSG scheduled December 2019
    BFP: November 24, 2019/EDD: August 2, 2020
  • Options
    I'm on a mission to find discounted storage containers. I need to start a bin for my son's Christmas ornaments and my project today has been sorting through his clothes that he has outgrown and getting that packaged up and stored in the basement. 
  • Options
    @riatortillaxo I did that with my daughters clothes but decided anything past 2t was no longer cute and donated them all. My grandmother doesn’t know that I do have one more bin to give her of clothes. And if this baby is a boy, I think I will donate all my girl clothes. They are already three years old and I don’t plan on trying for a third until this one is close to turning three. And if the third is a girl, I feel at that point, 6 plus years, it’s time to update the clothing. Storage got those clothes takes up so much space that we don’t have. 

• Options
    I had an appointment with my endocrinologist today. She gave me a glucose meter to do some testing. I have PCOS so a greater risk of GD. I didn’t have any issues with my prior pregnancy. I’m hoping things continue that way.
    Craft Blog
  • Options
    @blackgirlmagic That's a good thing to keep in mind. This baby and my son will be very close in age. He will be one at the end of January so I'm hoping that some of what I have will still be okay. I've heard from other moms that Carter's clothes don't hold up very well anyways and that is a lot of what we have so I don't expect it all to last too long. We have a great children's consignment shop in town and I have sold some clothes to them and they will donate anything that they don't want and it is wonderful to get old clothes out and new clothes into his closet as he grows. 
  • Options
    @riatortillaxo I’m sure that your current clothes will hold up if this one is a boy. But there’s also nothing wrong with having some new items in rotation. 

• Options
    I like Carter's, but a lot of the knit stuff, like onesies and some of the pants, do stretch out. I still put them on subsequent children, though.