May 2020 Moms

Introduce Yourself Here!

123457»

Re: Introduce Yourself Here!

• Loading the player...
  • @ninamenina5 That sounds like an opportunity to have your baby in the perfect baby yoda costume...
  • @ninamenina5 we have a few other Bay Area moms here as well!
  • Just joined the group dd 5/26 with my second, I have an amazing 3.5 yo girl.  I've been married for 5 years, am 37 and work ft in HR.  We live in Long Island, NY.  Gender of our new LO is sitting at the top of our tree waiting for Xmas morning :) Had a great group (June 2016 Moms) with my first and we still stay pretty active, hoping to meet some more awesome moms to share with! 
  • @knottiee5f1a6960037561d I’m a Long Island mom too! Love the idea of opening the gender Christmas morning so cute!
  • Welcome, @knottiee5f1a6960037561d!  When you have a minute, check out our thread titled "Knottie Usernames" to find information about how to change your name to something more recognizable.  It will make it much easier for us to interact with you on here.  :)
    **TW**
    Me: 35 | H: 40
    Married Sept. 2013
    DS1: Nov 11, 2016 <3
    MMC: 11/16/18 (9w6d)
    CP: 2/3/19 (5w3d)
    BFP!  8/24/19
    DS2: May 10, 2020 <3

• - EDD (Estimated Due Date) June 6, but I've never managed to make it all the way to 40 weeks.
    - How you found out 
    Apparently was in super denial, and after a kidney stone and half marathon experience (unluckily together) and still nursing, I thought my period was just late. Up to a week late isn't weird for me when nursing. Suddenly realized it was almost two weeks late and I had to pee overnight. Due to sick kids, dumb stores, etc, took another 3 days to even get a test, that I was convinced I didn't need. I was already planning a gyno appointment to check on why I had no period....nope, BFP -showed up super dark before the control line appeared. Surprise!
    - Hobbies, Job, Etc. 
    SAHM I love to read and run and ride horses. I'm also an ICAN leader, huge VBAC advocate, and in a very slow training to be a Certified Professional Midwife
    - Spouse, Partner, Kids, or Furbabies
    Husband of 4.5 years, a 3.5 year old son, an almost 15 month old daughter, a 10 year old 10 lbs miniature dachshund, and a 2 year old 80 lbs pitbull. It's busy around here.
    - Anything you’d like us to know 🙂
    I fall on the Autism Spectrum, sometimes struggle with mental health, cloth diaper, nurse babies for a long time, and home birth. My first was a case of traumatic birth abuse (I only share story upon request, way too much TW) so I had my second at home in a portable birth tub. My son likes to wear dresses and nail polish, and I have pretty substantial SPD to the point of barely being able to carry my toddler up our stairs anymore already. Oh, and I'm queer.

I'm outspoken and opinionated, but value other's opinions and differences. I'm hoping I can jump in here and join the party!

Also, please call me out if I'm being unintentionally rude!
    1st born at 35+4 on 6/6/16
    Team green turned BLUE!
    2nd born at 38+6 on 8/30/18 
    Team green turned PINK!
    Due with #3 on 6/6/20 Team Green

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Pregnancy Ticker
  • @pourmeanothermocktail welcome! I used to ride as well but life is lifey and I cannot seem to get back into riding again. I think you will find us to be pretty laid back, may I ask what is the ICAN? Where are you doing your midwife training that is really cool! 
  • mamaj1220 said:
    @pourmeanothermocktail welcome! I used to ride as well but life is lifey and I cannot seem to get back into riding again. I think you will find us to be pretty laid back, may I ask what is the ICAN? Where are you doing your midwife training that is really cool! 
    I can't ride anymore, but I miss it like crazy. Between finances and busted up pelvis that never fully healed, it's just not in my cards. Sad, been riding since I was 8. ICAN is International Cesarean Awareness Network-for educating about c sections and VBACs. 

Right now I'm doing a super informal midwifery training because free, but hopefully when this baby is about 2 I can start formal training. I want to attend home births. 
    Team green turned BLUE!
    Team green turned PINK!

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Hello! FTM at 34. EDD is 5/27/20. We had been trying for 9 months when we got pregnant this time, but had an early loss a few months before. Married to the best guy and have a cat who is NOT going to be happy when a baby comes in the door  :D . I like unique names that you don't hear everywhere but I'm also kind of stumped on names. We are not finding out the sex of the baby before the birth.

• @mamainmaine I live in Maine too! 
    DD #1: April 2017
    DD #2: May 2020
    Baby #3: EDD May 2023; MC October 2022

• @mamabird515 Congrats! I'm planning home birth number 2, getting my anatomy scan this week to make sure baby and placenta are healthy and placenta is in a good position to do final clearance!
    Team green turned BLUE!
    Team green turned PINK!

Pregnancy Ticker

• - EDD
    May 12, 2020
    - How you found out 
    I had just come off of my birth control after having our first child (DD) and didn't expect to conceive so quickly! It took us 5 months to get pregnant with DD after coming off of the pill, and this time around it happened on the first try. DD will be 17 months when this baby is born, so we are anxious and excited to have 2 under 2!
    - Hobbies, Job, Etc. 
    I am an admin for the county planning department where I live, I love to watch TV and hang out with friends
    - Spouse, Partner, Kids, or Furbabies
    Married to husband for almost 3 years, DD turned 1 in December 2019, and we have a 65lb lab/husky mix as well as a 12 year old calico kitty cat!
    - Anything you’d like us to know 🙂
    I am really nervous about relying on my partner for labor and delivery this time around because the first time it felt like he made everything about him and what he wanted (he threw a fit when they asked him to sit while performing my epidural, he thought there were too many people in the delivery room during pushing so he just stood in the corner and I felt pretty abandoned).
  • Hi! My EDD is May 15th! I've had a very difficult journey to pregnancy with several losses, an ectopic, and a severe post partum hemorrhage with my DS. Taking it day by day and trying to stay positive!
  • edited March 2020
    Hi everyone, glad to be here! A little late to the game but here we go.

I am a FTM EDD is May 4th. Baby girl was not planned at all as I was told that by docs that this would never happen. God has other plans for us and we are so so happy to be along for the ride.

I actually found out first with a home pregnancy test when hubby asked me one day if I thought I was pregnant because I had been getting dizzy doing yoga and my breasts had been a little sore. My response was yea right lol. My cycles are irregular and i hadnt been showing any other signs but his question got me thinking a bit. So I grabbed a test while out running errands one day and not thinking much of it, I went ahead and took it. When I saw the positive result, I was shocked and happy and surprised and just overall what-the-what. Lol We ended up getting our appointment the next week and found out that we were 10 weeks along.

Hubby and I have been together for 7 years. I am a massage therapist and he is a he is a personal trainer. We are both passionate about our careers and doing what doesnt feel like work at all. In our free time, we love a good movie and traveling down to the beach to watch the waves. 

This has been an awesome journey so far and I just feel so grateful and blessed to be having this experience. 

• Hi

I am Ashley. My husband and I are expecting our first baby, a precious baby boy. Our EDD is 5/11. We have two cats. I am a full time employee at a hospital and I also attend college classes to further my education and have a career that I want in the future. We found out because I told my mom about symptoms I was feeling and she suggested to take a pregnancy test.
  • Hi everyone! My name is Katelyn. This is my first pregnancy. My fiancé Dylan & I found out in early October when I took a pregnancy test after 14 days of my period being late. EDD is May 29th, 2020. I’m a full time college student majoring in early childhood education with montessori emphasis. I enjoy drawing, painting, eating, and spending time with my fiancé. My 7 year old Siberian Husky, Tyler, currently lives with my great aunt. I aspire to get a cat once we get into our own place, hopefully soon. 
    I’m excited to be here!
  • newdad28newdad28 Just Joined
    Soon to be Dad just learning whatever I can!
  • Hey everyone... I’m having my second baby, due on May 22nd. If you new mommies need any advice... Holla!!

• Hey all!! 
    I got my BFP yesterday at 10dpo and this is my first! I am so excited!!
    We found out using the easy@home sticks and confirmed with FR! We have booked our appointment with OB! 
    I am married with two pups and work for a non-profit. I do eyelash extensions on the side and am continuing with this to have a baby fund! 
    Our EDD is May 2! 😊
  • @s_wynia55 Hello.  Congratulations!  I believe you are looking for the May 2021 BMB.  This is May 2020, so we've already had our babies.  :)
    **TW**
    Me: 35 | H: 40
    Married Sept. 2013
    DS1: Nov 11, 2016 <3
    MMC: 11/16/18 (9w6d)
    CP: 2/3/19 (5w3d)
    BFP!  8/24/19
    DS2: May 10, 2020 <3

• Hello. Second time mom. After our first surprise baby in 2017, we have been trying to conceive for about a year. In January, we had an early miscarriage, so we are thrilled to have our  rainbow baby. Hopefully this one sticks. 

Around 9dpo, I started having strong symptoms like morning sickness, breast soreness, and tiredness. We tested 11 dpo, and got our positive. 

I am a private childbirth educator, and hubby works in hydraulics. We have been married 3 years. We have one son that is 3.