Options

November Appointments

13»

Re: November Appointments

• Options
    FX @kbrown2385 let us know how it goes! 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    @peppyj9 the swooshes on the Doppler are baby movement. Next OB appointment have them show you what it sounds like! At one of my OB appointments early the medical assistant was like you can't feel all that movement and she was only listening on the Doppler.
  • Options
    @peppyj9 sorry you had that scare, I hope the movements at least start to be come more noticeable, I'm not familiar with the doppler, but now at almost 33 weeks and an anterior placenta it looks like this baby is drawing to claw its way out, my whole stomach moves from side to side sometimes its wild. 

@kbrown2385 good luck today! I also go in for my growth scan in a couple hours!
  • Options
    @leprechaunlady, Wow on an eviction date so close! You'll be 37w-ish?
  • Options
    @FyreFlyeRush yeah 37+2 if I make it til then. Kinda shitting myself now that its only 5 weeks from friday! 😬
  • Options
    @leprechaunlady actually having a date makes it so real! The countdown is officially on! 
  • Options
    @leprechaunlady that is great news, really excited that they have booked you in! the true countdown is on :)
  • Options
    @leprechaunlady great news!! and December 20th is SO REAL. Ahh!! getting excited anxious and all of the feelings 
  • Options
    I had an ultrasounds today and then a regular midwife appt.  Baby is looking great.  They say that he is 95th%ile, over 4lbs.  That seems crazy to me (my other three all were over due, and were high 7lbs except my last who was a week over and 8 lbs).  It seems unlikely I am going to have an enormous baby.  I guess time will tell!

The recommendation is that I start getting  BPP every week starting at 32 weeks. I am trying to decide whether to do it or not, or do it less often, or what.   All my other pregnancies went well, and I have always had tons of fluid right up until the end, which has always been at about 41 weeks.  Everything looks great with this pregnancy.  I will need to bring my 3 year to all appts.   The only reason it's recommended is because of my age.  I set one up for 33 weeks, and then the midwife told me to think on it.  
    BabyFruit Ticker

BFP 3.8.16  EDD 11.20.16

• Options
    @kbrown2385 What a big boy and go girl go!
  • Options
    @marebear15 I don’t know what I’m going to do with such a small baby. Ds was massive and solid as a rock so I always feel I’m going to break the tiny ones lol. 
  • Options
    @kbrown2385 have me tearing up a little over here at little Hannah Louise. I feel like i'm so proud of her growth too  :D
  • Options
    FyreFlyeRushFyreFlyeRush member
    edited November 2019
    I failed my 3 hour glucose test by 2 bloody points on the fasting draw. 2!!! Now I to miss work to take this stupid class, and I just received a subtle threat of termination doubting the necessity of my appts. 

EDIT - Everything else is fine. My BP was 120/76. My weight gain is actually 6lbs, not the 12 I thought. My fundal height is now at 31, but we think he may have flipped to head down.. Fingers crossed on that. I'm just so hormonaly LIVID

• Options
    @FyreFlyeRush Oh nooooo.  I'm sorry about the results and the threat.  Can you easily get documentation from the class and your doc proving the necessity?
  • Options
    @leprechaunlady I can't believe you have an eviction date. It feels like it'll be here any day, but 37 weeks would be great with twins!

@kbrown2385 Glad your OB finally decided not to require the extra appointment. Especially with all the other monitoring. That's awesome news about the growth!! I get so excited seeing the progress your babies are making.
  • Options
    FyreFlyeRushFyreFlyeRush member
    edited November 2019
    @EmilyE13, yes. My prenatal record is documentation of all my regular OB appointments. I'll get a note today for the class, along with my GD diagnosis. Whatever I can't get a note for, I have the insurance benefits explanation, as well.

I'm just a little bummed. IDK why I'm surprised. Its not the first time this has happened to me. I guess I had hoped 2019 would be different than 2011.

Edit - Autocorrect fail
  • Options
    @FyreFlyeRush the work threat makes me livid for you!  That just reeks of pregnancy discrimination.  I'm sorry you have to deal with this (and for the glucose test results too).
  • Options
    @FyreFlyeRush im sorry. Gd is shitty & even when youre expecting it, its still a gut punch when its confirmed 😢
    will you be diet controlled or will you have to go on insulin?
  • Options
    @leprechaunlady, I don't know. I barely failed, so maybe diet controlled? Maybe I'll find out today? 
  • Options
    @kbrown2385 so glad to hear the good news!! <3
    PG #1: 36w5d 12/25/19
    PG #2: EDD 8/15/23 Miscarried 9w1d 1/11/23
    PG #3: EDD 12/15/23
  • Options
    Had my midwife apt today where I receive the results of my ultrasound, here goes:

at 33 weeks baby was measuring 5pounds on the dot, 72 percentile (does anyone have a good link to a percentile chart that I can track to see what this means?) Midwife was happy with this as that is normal, but another ultrasound in 2 weeks to see where we are at!

Also some baby apparently has debris in the stomach, which midwife is saying is most likely vernix and hair. Also they noted that the kidneys seem dilated at 4 and 5, it is an issue when it get's to 10 so that's why they want to check again. Has anyone experienced either of this?

• Options
    @c1kc1kpol1cn1k I’ll look for a good link for growth charts but being in the 72nd percentile means your baby is bigger than 72% of babies at your current gestation. The problem with this is it’s not necessarily exact while babies are in utero and there’s room for error when measuring. Unless they are doing many growth scans, it’s hard to just put a number out there and say this is how big the baby is and it be accurate. For some perspective, my baby a is in the 94th percentile at 31w5d and 4lbs6oz. Ds measured in the 99th percentile for all of the third trimester and was almost 10lbs at birth.  Hopefully that all makes sense and helps answer your questions. 

With the dilated kidney, ds had that at one point too. It tends to be more common with boys and most of the time it goes away. His did and we had no issues at birth. Did they say when they will be looking at it again?
  • Options
    @kbrown2385 thank you for the feedback really helpful! I have my next ultrasound scheduled at 36 weeks (so in 2 weeks) to follow up on both size and the kidney issue.

Also since I am team green this could be a MAJOR hint at what I am having since I did also read it is more common in boys...aaaaaaa (could also be completely wrong) 
  • Options
    @c1kc1kpol1cn1k I hesitated a little bit before saying anything related to boys because I remembered you being team green lol. You’re right though, it could mean nothing! I have a few of my growth charts from all of our scans if seeing one filled out helps. 
  • Options
    @c1kc1kpol1cn1k that's the thing about being team green, you may have an inkling but you won't know for sure until they are born 😉
  • Options
    @FyreFlyeRush Ugh. Good luck with all of that. Especially the work situation. That's infuriating. 
  • Options
    @biolprof and @c1kc1kpol1cn1k, I was Team Green with DD, and it was so much fun to watch everyone guess based on Old Wive's Tales or just pure arrogance. Her father told me, "I only have boys. I can't have girls" Suuuurrreeeee, basic human dna doesn't apply to you! 
  • Options
    At least you know where you stand. I just get "he is measuring on track" no measurements have been shared with me. I feel out of the loop. I mean no news is good news though, right? My greedy brain wants an ultrasound again but I'm too shy to ask...