June 2020 Moms

The ultrasound thread

Re: The ultrasound thread

• Loading the player...
  • I cannot believe how much our little bug looks like a baby now! We had our appointment yesterday at 12+3. We kept our edd of June 1st (May end up being a May baby). I was expecting to see a lot of movement but barely saw any. It that something to be concerned about or am I just being a crazy first timer? NT scan week after next and we should be able to find out the gender! 
  • @ladybird5617 I wouldn't be concerned so long as the heartbeat was good you're fine. My mil said how your baby is on you is how they'll be in life. Ds never stopped moving on my belly and he is exactly that in life. Maybe you'll have a calm baby 😊
  • @ladybird5617 @runwmusic My first was a relentless wiggle worm on the inside... And is a relentless nonstop action packed wiggler on the outside too. Maybe your LO is just a bit more chill. ❤️
    Pregnancy Ticker

• NT scan this morning! Everything looked good and risks are all low! DS came along and got to see the baby "wave" he was SO excited. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • 13 weeks NT scan and everything looks good. We got to see both legs and feet, arms and hands. We could see fingers. So cool! We think the baby has my nose. It all is seeming very real now. 

• 13 weeks, 4 days. Cute as a button and moving non stop just like her big sister did. 🥰
  • Hello June Mama's

My scan was done 12/3 at 13w 1d, I also did the NIPT.  Everything looked great, the heart rate was 163.
    TTMills,
    "wishing all the mommies a healthy & happy nine months of pregnancy"
  • NT scan yesterday and everything looked good! Little bug was sleeping at first but by the end we got to see some movement. Looked like they were doing some yoga poses in there!
  • 11+6 with our little bean. They were moving around a lot  and we got to see little fingers and toes. Still too early to find out gender, but we were so excited to see how they’ve grown since last time! 💛

• Love how they all look like little people now! I dont go in for another ultrasound until 20 week but seeing all your little ones is getting me excited.
    Me 29 DH 33
    Married 10/2016
    TTC since 04/2019
    BFP 10/12/2019, estimated 6 weeks
    EDD 06/07/2020
  • I am jealous of all your clear scans.  My last one doesnt look human.  They tell me baby looks fine, but I would love a decent pic. 
  • 11 weeks 6 days. Any nub theory experts? Gender guesses? I’m not a patient person haha 
  • When I had my 12 week ultrasound the us tech told me that she guessed I was having a girl bc the nub was pointing straight out. She said usually if it’s a boy it’s pointing up at an angle
  • I don't mean to be a party pooper, but I think asking to guess gender from silly stuff and such is .... tacky maybe? Weird, especially considering we're a group of non-professional strangers? Silly? Idk. Like, if everyone else is cool with it happening, OK fine, I'll not bring it up again, but if I'm not alone, it's my preference to just not.
    1st born at 35+4 on 6/6/16
    Team green turned BLUE!
    2nd born at 38+6 on 8/30/18 
    Team green turned PINK!
    Due with #3 on 6/6/20 Team Green

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Pregnancy Ticker
  • I think it's fun to guess and speculate personally. 🤷‍♀️
  • Oh of course I wouldn’t take any speculations too seriously, but isn’t it part of the fun to guess who they are and what they will become? 😌
  • I agree, speculations are fun and harmless
  • In my previous BMB I was part of the majority with my view on this. I guess I'm not now, and that's fine too. I definitely won't feel a need to bring it up again, I was just curious as to the group feeling about it. I'm cool with people not all having same views. 
    Team green turned BLUE!
    Team green turned PINK!

Pregnancy Ticker
  • I think most of the bump month forums have your opinion, @pourmeanothermocktail.  At least in recent years.  I think it's fun to guess.  I know we did on DDs BMB, but that was way back in 2013. 
  • Even if it's a majority opinion, you can choose to not participate. Honestly that's such a weird stance to me, the idea that because it's not your thing or the majority it can't be discussed.  Censorship much? Not a big deal to me. I don't know or understand the nub theory, but it's fun to wonder until you know for sure :)
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • @diagonalley Maybe I wasn't good at explaining. If the majority of the group thinks it's fun and stuff to talk about, OK, I'm fine with that. I'll not participate with it, but that's totally OK with me.

In my previous BMBs we actually had a strong number of people who thought it was dumb/tacky, overwhelming majority, and we got a lot of people who wouldn't otherwise be part of the board, but would drop in and only post in HDBD and ultrasound and only ever try to discuss their baby's potential genitals, which rubbed us wrong, so we just had a standing rule to not do it. Like the whole community has a rule on not posting photos of pee sticks. An agreement to not do that, or post photos of known or potential ultrasound genitals online. So I was surprised that it was brought up here, I've never seen it go over positively. 

So I wanted to ask the group if this was something that the group on the whole is OK with, that's all. It seems like the group is OK with it, so OK. I'm not going to fight it. Just thought I'd give my opinion.Not demanding anyone to share it.
    Team green turned BLUE!
    Team green turned PINK!

Pregnancy Ticker
  • I will say if you only ever post once to ask if we have thoughts on the sex, or to post a picture of your belly, that’s kinda odd. If you’re going to interact that’s cool but we’re not here to celebrate you and you only if you aren’t going to even make an effort. 
  • If people won't be a part of the board because others are having fun around guessing potential sex of the babies than good riddance. It's such a silly thing to get so upset over and I think it's already gotten way more attention than it deserves. Drama drama drama 🙄
  • I’m with @runwmusic here! It doesn’t bother me, old wives tales are silly but that can be fun sometimes, and I also agree come to interact not to just guess. 

Side note: I actually did some research on the nub theory and asked my tech at my 13w ultrasound. She said if you’re trained in it, it’s something like 80% accurate when you have a good shot. She wasn’t but Thats still so cool to me! The way our babies are growing y’all. It’s so fun to watch everything develop and think of their kidneys starting to work or a heart that’s going to beating for the next (hopefully) 80 years already pumping even though it’s still growing chambers. They’re getting so big already! 

Married: 12/19/15         

BFP: 9/4/17             
    EDD: 5/16/18
    DD born 5/10/18
    Postpartum Complications

BFP: 10/1/19
    EDD: 6/12/20
  • I’m sure it feels more real knowing the gender! 
  • Little girl looks great, measuring great and doing rolls and flips during picture time today ♥️ so thankful!
  • @thumper615 I'm sorry ❤️ hope next week shows everything is going as it should. 
  • @kerco925 great news!!! So happy for you! 
  • @kerco925 Hooray for happy news
    Team green turned BLUE!
    Team green turned PINK!

Pregnancy Ticker
  • @kerco925 yay!!! May all of us have similarly lovely scans over the next couple of weeks! 
  • It’s a girl. And apparently a big baby measuring a week ahead 😳. She was all snuggled up with the placenta and then bouncing all over the place. Looks a lot like her father lol