January 2020 Moms
Options

Weekly Check-in Groups 3&4 (Jan 17-31) w/o 10/21

2»

Re: Weekly Check-in Groups 3&4 (Jan 17-31) w/o 10/21

• Options
    @kbrown2385 hahah I’m laughing crying at my chiro appointment now because of that buzzfeed post Hahahha! At the end of the treatment they hook you to tens machine to relax in the dark and she comes in asking if I’m ok 😂
  • Options
    @c1kc1kpol1cn1k 🤣🤣 if you go on amazon and search the gummy bears, you can see even more. It’s hysterical. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    @kbrown2385 the reviews on amazon are hilarious! the key is to not eat too many at the one time! lol
    Im 5 hours ahead of east cost & the past week or so there have been some middle of the night responses as ive been waking up and not getting back to sleep. Our clocks go back this weekend so i will only be 4 hours (from east coast) ahead for a week until yours go back the following weekend.
  • Options
    I’ll be back to comment during nap today.

EDD/Weeks + days:  Jan 24th, 26+5

Team Finding Out/Pink/Blue/Green: Green 

Baby is the size of a(n): acorn squash lol

Upcoming appointments:  blood pressure check on Friday.

How are you feeling?  Stressed

Raves/Rants:  I was going to catch up last week but I’ve been a little stressed.  My blood pressure went up and I’m all kinds of worried.  I was put on a daily baby aspirin and I go back Friday for a BP check.  I was induced at 37.5 weeks last pregnancy because I had sudden high blood pressure that started at 37 weeks.  So it’s starting pretty early this time and I’m not sure what to expect.  I didn’t get to ask too many questions because I wanted to get the hell out of the office.  I had a crying 19 month old and a 4.5 year old with me so it was a disaster.  My home readings have been consistent with what the office had.  So I’m going back child free on Friday in hopes I know what the game plan is.  

Questions:  Anyone else have experience with high blood pressure?

GTKY: What is your favorite holiday dish to eat or make?  I’m not sure!  I just like to eat all the food!
  • Options
    @mispanda sorry to hear that your BP is acting up, that is stressful!  If you don't mind answering, were your numbers just elevated  (e.g. 130s over 80s) or actually high (140/90 or higher)?  Its good you're monitoring your BP at home, I'd keep doing that until your next appointment.

For my experiences with high BP, I developed severe preeclampsia at 39 weeks with DS (BP started causing issues at 37 weeks) and while my BP was creeping up at the end of my PG with DD, it never got officially high until she came on her own at 40+2.  So I don't have experience with high BP preterm (our plan of action with DS was just to induce once I became preeclamptic since I was already at term), but I understand they can give meds to help control your BP until you're far enough along to deliver?
  • Options
    @MollySm I forgot about cheesecake!  That sounds delicious right now!
    @marebear15 ill be gaining more than the recommended amount. Ugh. Im hoping no more than 40 but I’ve put some weight on the last two months.
    @stashattack im looking forward to lots of mashed potatoes!  I love them!
    @peppyj9 ive been getting BH for a couple weeks now.  It’s not painful just feels like everything is getting tight.  I get them more with a full bladder it seems. 
    @FyreFlyeRush I’m sorry I must have missed this, but why are you getting growth scans?
    @cats_in_a_window its at 140/90 right now given I was a little stressed it might be a little lower but not by much.  It's definitely higher than my normal readings before pregnancy.
    @kbrown2385 Oh Christmas babies!! 
    @biolprof I really hope I don't have a December baby only because I'm due Jan 24th but who knows!  My last pregnancy I was induced at 37.5 weeks.  At this rate my goal is Jan 3rd for 37 weeks.

• Options
    @mispanda, I'm getting growth scans to monitor for IUGR based on my age (42) as well as the increased risk due to being diagnosed with Pregnancy Induced Hypertension at 10w.  I've been aware since week 12 it would be happening. 
  • Options
    This week has been busy and apparently I've got a lot of catching up to do! DH was sick at the start of the week, so I was trying to take care of him and DD, plus get everything prepped for quarter planning for work. Finally getting to check in here...

After going 2 weeks late with DD, I'm not likely to have a December baby this time (due January 24). But it will be crazy how many might!

@mispanda hopefully they can come up with a plan for your blood pressure. There are meds that I've heard of some women being prescribed to help.

@kbrown2385 my OB prescribed FeRiva 21/7 for iron. I needed more than the OTC amount. Supposed to be easier to absorb and cause less constipation issues. Something about the way it's released. Anyway, it seems to be helping with my low iron symptoms. 

I should suggest the gummy bears to my sister for when my niece gets constipated. 😂

@marebear15 I feel like our DDs must be very similar. DD has been demanding that she put in her clothes for the past few weeks. She's had to pick them out for months now, but it's escalated to her dressing herself too. It's good and bad. It takes forever some mornings.
  • Options
    @persnickity - Oh, the independence when she can't quite do it herself! Most mornings go like this: "Mommy help." I touch her pants. "No mommy, my turn!!!!" I let go and start working on my makeup. 2 minutes later, "Mommy help!!!" I pull on foot through her pant leg and go to grab the other one. "NO MOMMY MY TUUUURN!" Repeat approximately 5-8 times.
  • Options
    @marebear15 very much so! We call it the "I do it". The "I do it" is strong some days or on some things. 
  • Options
    @mispanda I'm sorry your blood pressure is acting up. Hopefully it's manageable and you get a solid game plan from your doctor when you go back tomorrow. I don't have experience with HBP, but my incompetent OB in Singapore tried to convince me that I might be developing preeclampsia and scared the shit out of me. Now that I'm back stateside, my doctor basically confirmed she was incorrect, but I have a growth scan scheduled tomorrow to be sure everything is alright. 
  • Options
    @MsIan welcome back!!!
  • Options