Weekly Check-in Groups 3&4 (Jan 17-31) w/o 10/21

EDD/Weeks + days:

Team Finding Out/Pink/Blue/Green: 

Baby is the size of a(n):

Upcoming appointments:

How are you feeling? 

Raves/Rants: 

Questions: 

GTKY: What is your favorite holiday dish to eat or make?

Re: Weekly Check-in Groups 3&4 (Jan 17-31) w/o 10/21

• Options
    EDD/Weeks + days: Jan 23rd/26w4d

Team Finding Out/Pink/Blue/Green: blue

Baby is the size of a(n): acorn squash

Upcoming appointments:  On the 30th I have my gestational diabetes test and an appt. 

How are you feeling? He's getting stronger and stronger in there, which makes me happy.  I am getting a little nervous about the snow coming.  Shoveling doesn't seem like a good idea right about now. 

Raves/Rants: My littlest is home with me, so she feels baby brother move in my belly all the time.  But my other two still hadn't managed to feel him.  But then yesterday he was going nuts during books before bed, so my middle one got to feel him.  She looked so surprised and then gave me a giant hug 💕

Questions: Nope

GTKY: What is your favorite holiday dish to eat or make?  Hmmm, that'd a hard one.  Maybe cheesecake, which we make a lot for Thanksgiving.  Or finger foods for Christmas Eve.  And my H makes a ton of crepes on Christmas morning.  Which my kids fill with whatever they want after opening presents.  
    BabyFruit Ticker

BFP 3.8.16  EDD 11.20.16

• Options
    EDD/Weeks + days: Jan 18th/27+2

Team Finding Out/Pink/Blue/Green: Pink

Baby is the size of a(n): a bunch of bananas

Upcoming appointments: Tomorrow, then glucose test by the end of the week

How are you feeling? Good! Did a ton over the weekend, so my hips are hurting, but I still have a lot of energy! Enjoying 2nd tri!

Raves/Rants:
    Rave: DD dressed herself completely this morning! I laid out her pull-up, pants, and shirt and she put it all on without my help! We also had a pretty good "panties weekend" with just one accident. 
    Rant: I totally cried on DH yesterday about how I felt about my body. Usually I'm pretty good and logical, but I just felt so large and I know how huge I'm going to get. I'm mad about the stretch marks I'm already starting to get above my belly button (this girl is sitting higher than DD1), and I'm mad because apparently I'm on track to gain 35lbs again this pregnancy, when I was aiming for 25lbs. Logically I know I can "bounce back" pretty good, but I think it might be more of a mental struggle knowing the journey ahead. 

Questions: Not right now

GTKY: What is your favorite holiday dish to eat or make? Pumpkin pie! Actually all the pies. I love making them from scratch and then of course eating them!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    @MollySm totally agree with my lil getting stronger too. It's like I was able to tune out her kicks before, but now it's stronger and I'm getting used to her new kicks all over again!

EDD/Weeks + days: 1/17, 27+3

Team Finding Out/Pink/Blue/Green: pink

Baby is the size of a(n): a head of lettuce

Upcoming appointments: 10/30 ob/glucose/bloodwork, 11/23 ob

How are you feeling? Good. Boyfriend pillow is a godsend for aches and pains

Raves/Rants: I got a lot done yesterday. All the laundry got dried and 90% of it is put away. And I even got to cleaning our shower which was gross. But now it's not so yay! LOL. I really gotta do a better job of getting to the other chores in the house sometimes. Also actually remembered to send the rumba upstairs to vacuum our second floor. It wasn't nearly as bad as I thought it was going to be dirt wise so yay!

Rant: MIL going a bit cray cray over the registry. I've been trying not to look at the registry since the invites went out. But of course MIL told me that someone besides her bought a duplicate crib accessory set. THE HORROR!!! And was upset Buy Buy baby let them do that. Well I went in a looked. The second person some how did it in store (who goes to stores still LOL) and purchased it the same day as MIL so it's possible the registry didn't pick it up in time to be like, that thing is already purchased. But whatever. I'll just return that and get something we didn't get off of our registry. Good news though, most of our big-ticket items have been purchased. I mean I knew about the one crib set, and the car seat because the mom's told me. But our pack-n-play, stroller, baby carrier and tummy time thingy all have been purchased. Soooo yay. 

Questions: not right now

GTKY: What is your favorite holiday dish to eat or make? Mashed potatoes and gravy. Never get enough of those.
    PG #1: 36w5d 12/25/19
    PG #2: EDD 8/15/23 Miscarried 9w1d 1/11/23
    PG #3: EDD 12/15/23
  • Options
    You both sound like you are high energy, and getting things done! I need to get some of that energy.  I was doing well at the beginning of the 2nd tri, but I have lost steam. 

@marebear15 - I am also potty training my almost 3 year old.  She is doing great!  But running to find potties every time we are out of the house is not my favorite thing.  Especially because it's mostly just that she really likes to wash her hands...
    BabyFruit Ticker

BFP 3.8.16  EDD 11.20.16

• Options
    @MollySm well at least you know her hands are clean?!? LOL

@marebear15 the crying thing is a struggle. I was just talking to DH this morning about the weird swings I have about my body. Some days I feel like hot damn I look good, the next is crap i'm a beached whale, the next day is I don't look pregnant enough" He was like chill out LOL. Tell that to the hormones man. I'm not in control right now.
  • Options
    peppyj9peppyj9 member
    edited October 2019
    @MollySm that's so cute about your DD's reaction to feeling her little brother! MH still can't really feel from the outside quite yet. Just barely feels a little nudge. And lol at other DD "needing" the bathroom just so she can wash her hands 😂

@marebear15 wow! Your DD is making strides in her growing lately it seems! Staying in bed, dressing herself, doing well with potty training. How old is she now? 2 or 3? Is that the standard age to start potty training?

@stashattack good job on the cleaning! It always feels so satisfying. Also, your mom and MIL sound so funny. I picture them as being kind of like the mom from Everybody Loves Raymond. But, hey, that's so awesome that your big ticket items are being purchased! I often hear that only the parents do that and most people just buy clothes or smaller items. You clearly have a lot of people in your life that really love you and your new baby ❤ are you having people ship things to your house rather than bringing it to the shower since you're traveling?

EDD/Weeks + days: January 25th 26wks2days (holy crap!)

Team Finding Out/Pink/Blue/Green: blue

Baby is the size of a(n): zucchini 

Upcoming appointments: Oct 28th for a fetal echocardiogram. 

How are you feeling? Emotional, but otherwise, pretty good. 

Raves/Rants: not much going on to rant or rave about today. 

Questions: I keep hearing about BH. How far along in pregnancy do they start happening and how do you know you're having them? 

GTKY: What is your favorite holiday dish to eat or make? Mashed potatoes. It's the only time of year I make them because I can't just have a little bit and they're loaded in calories with the butter and sour cream. I make them using red potatoes and leave the skin on and they're delicious. I'm from NM so I also top them with a red chile gravy and it's just, omg, I'm getting hungry writing about it lol. It doesn't help that MH is not a fan of mashed potatoes so I'm left with the whole batch that doesn't last me more than a few days 🤐

Edit: typo
  • Options
    @peppyj9 MIL is bringing her gift. Mom has the car seat in her house and we will attempt to install it when I get down there before the shower, if not after the shower so I don't have to haul a box home. The other big-ticket items were purchased by my grandma and then our respective godmother's so that was sweet of them. I know my grandma's and my godmother's gifts are being shipped to me so that's convenient. I didn't specify so I'm sure it's going to be a mixed bag. But I'm glad that the bigger items, for the most part, are coming to me so I don't have to haul them home or wait for one of our parents to haul it up to our place during a visit.
  • Options
    @MollySm we have one of these for when were out & about.
     https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B001RH1A9K?aaxitk=9yGO5mm0i4RS49d2bLD1LA&pd_rd_i=B001RH2RW4&pf_rd_p=61123ba5-9314-4baa-bd6e-caa510bc4e08&hsa_cr_id=7135988720402&sb-ci-n=asinImage&sb-ci-v=https%3A%2F%2Fm.media-amazon.com%2Fimages%2FI%2F81ZUQbBr2BL.jpg&sb-ci-a=B001RH2RW4&th=1

it is a toilet seat or has little bags with an absorbent pad that can be attached for when there isnt a toilet available. When we use it when there arent any facilities, i use hand sanitising gel for hand washing til i get get to a sink.
  • Options
    EDD/Weeks + days: I changed my own due date to 01/09 because 1/23 is just not going to happen. But I'm technically 26W4D

Team Finding Out/Pink/Blue/Green: pink and pink! 

Baby is the size of a(n): ping-pong paddle

Upcoming appointments: nothing until 11/1 but I'm anxiously awaiting for the results of the 3 hour glucose test I took on Friday.....

How are you feeling? Mostly good? (see questions- below)

Raves/Rants: like everyone else- the hormones- Idk what is going on but I've been a rollercoaster lately. I also seem to be developing pregnancy anxiety and worrying about so many things out of my control. It's just a new feeling for me because I have never experienced these emotions before.

Questions: LOTS of weird sensations this weekend that have me freaking out
    1) Saturday night we went by my BIL for a few hours for pumpkin carving. We got back to the house (not even late- around 10pm) and my mind was a fog. Like, I literally felt like I lost my short term memory. I started crying and freaking out and then went back to hoping it was just a bout of pregnancy brain. I couldn't even remember how many weeks pregnant I was without looking at the Bump app. I seemed to be fine yesterday and today, so maybe just over tired? 
    2) Last night- I've been feeling Baby A (kicks or hiccups) VERY low and it's started to freak me out. I don't know if she is feet down right now, but I feel like I can feel kicks/pulsing in my cervix and even towards my backside. It almost makes me feel like she's trying to kick her way out of me. Then I went to get up from the couch (I was laying on my left side) and had the sharpest pains on both sides of my uterus. I don't think it was BH as it didn't feel like a tightening- more just like a sharp pain. Maybe the way these babies are positioned? I started googling symptoms of pre-term labor and that just increased my anxiety as I'm not even 27 weeks yet. The google- not a good thing for an emotional and already nervous FTM. 

Have either of these things happened to any one else?

GTKY: What is your favorite holiday dish to eat or make?- CHRISTMAS COOKIES. I am the queen of baking wayyyy too many batches (like 15 different kinds)- not because I want to eat them or we go to so many parties, but because baking just de-stresses me. I always end up bringing lots of cookies to the office. I hope I still feel well enough in December to get some baking in! 
  • Options
    @amb0924 I think you are fine on both fronts. The pregrancy fog is real and I wouldn't get to worried about it. There are days where I have no idea which way is up. 

As for the kicks, she was super low a couple of weeks ago. Like my bladder was the target forever, she's now flipped and she seems really high lately. So I wouldn't worry about her kicking her way out. Our lil's are strong, but not as strong as our muscles haha!

As for the pain, it sounds like RLP when you got up. It's gotten worse now for me as I get farther along especially when getting up, and especially when I notice her sitting low. I think it has a lot to do with where our babies are sitting in relation to us now because they are reaching that 1-2lb range which is quite a bit for our bodies! I also feel like I get stitches in my abs more frequently now and i think it's because she's trying to contort herself into my hips or something and boy is that painful. LIke you have alll this room, and you wanna burrow into my hip? No move your butt LOL. 
  • Options
    @stashattack thank you! I know all of what you said is the rational/logical explanations. but my brain goes straight to panic LOL 
  • Options
    Trust me I feel the same way @amb0924. There are days I gotta talk myself off the crazy panic cliff often!
  • Options
    EDD/Weeks + days: 26w1d (zOMG when did that happen?!?!?!)

Team Finding Out/Pink/Blue/Green: Baby Blue, like the Colorado sky...Wait, I'm in Texas quoting a song by a Texan...I should change that lyric to Baby Blue, like the Central Texas Sky....

Baby is the size of a(n): Sony WALKMAN!!!

Upcoming appointments: Manana, 10/22 - regular OB. Need to talk about a new MFM since mine went out of network. Growth scans starting biweekly at 28w, along with monitoring for PreE and IUGR.

How are you feeling?  I'm alright. My hips and glutes are killing me. I think maybe because my pelvis is tilted, I'm using a different set of muscles when I walk long distances. 

Raves/Rants: 
    Rave: I love my little man so much. He's so excited about his brother and when he went to dad's, he kissed me, my SO, and my belly and said "Bye, baby!"
    Rant: I had a meltdown yesterday over being phubbed. A total meltdown that eventually devolved into me being hurt that I've been cut off from "adult playtime". It's not his fault. He got kicked last time and that pretty much killed his libido...and while I get that, my brain has taken it to I'm too fat and ugly to be desired and nothing he says or does, and it's a lot, can ease that insecurity.

Questions: No

GTKY: What is your favorite holiday dish to eat or make? I like to make pumpkin pie. I use fresh pumpkin to do it. But, I like to EAT Green bean casserole at Thanksgiving, and it's Tamales on Christmas Eve I look forward to the most.
  • Options
    @MollySm it's so sweet when siblings can start feeling the baby move.  My kids have recently been able to feel baby for the first time too and it made them so excited!

@stashattack awesome that so many of the big-ticket items have come off your registry already!

@amb0924 My baby seems to be flipping from head-up to head-down pretty regularly right now since the kicks seem to be all over the place right now.  There was one day last week where I was driving home from work and baby was giving these quick, hard kicks right to my cervix.  It was SO PAINFUL that I considered pulling over and walking around a bit to try and get him/her to change position, but they ended up moving before I was able to find somewhere to stop.  It also worried me that the cervix hits might trigger some contractions, etc, but like PP said our bodies are designed to hold those babies in at this point!

EDD/Weeks + days: January 27/26+0

Team Finding Out/Pink/Blue/Green: Green

Baby is the size of a(n): Zucchini

Upcoming appointments: ultrasound, MW appointment, and glucose test/other bloodwork first week of November

How are you feeling? The sciatic nerve pain is better, so that's been good.  My hips are still getting stiff, so I'm trying to keep moving around/changing position frequently.  Sadly, this is just part of the 2nd half of pregnancy for me, so I'll be dealing with this to some degree until I deliver.

Raves/Rants: I committed to way too many Halloween crafts this year and spent nearly the whole weekend finishing homemade Halloween costumes (kids have their school party this week) and helping decorate pumpkins for their school projects.  So now I haven't grocery shopped for the week, laundry isn't done, the house is a mess, and I have a busy week ahead of me with evening activities scheduled nearly every day this week.  And next weekend is looking full too.  And I need to get the car inspected by the end of the month.  Also, while I would love to take a day off work and get "caught up," I'm also swamped with work (trying to get things wrapped up before maternity leave).  Something's gotta give and I have a feeling it's going to be my sanity! 

Questions: none

GTKY: What is your favorite holiday dish to eat or make? Pumpkin pie.  My grandmother has her own recipe for pumpkin pie that I absolutely love.  It's a little more "custardy" than most store-bought pies and has a somewhat different mix of spices, plus I use my own handmade pumpkin puree, so it's really unique and super-tasty.  I'm going to be making it for Thanksgiving :-) 
  • Options
    @MollySm - Aww I bet that's a special feeling to have siblings feel the baby. DD hasn't felt her sister yet, or at least not acknowledged that she has. I don't think she really understands what a kick feels like at this point.
    I still put DD in a pull up when we are outside the house because most of the time if I don't take her at certain time frames, she'll tell me as she peeing.

@stashattack - That is so awesome that you are getting stuff bought off your registry! And the duplicate is really nbd. But if your MIL bought the other one, couldn't she just return it and get you something different? I'm thinking more about the person who has the duplicate feeling bad at the shower when you open it.

@peppyj9 - DD just turned 2 a month ago, and our daycare encourages starting potty training at 23 months just as they move classes. So we had a crash course in potty training back in July on my vacation, but she's been introduced to the potty since 12 months. 
    As for BH, I never had any during my first pregnancy, at least not any that I recognized. This time around they started at 15 weeks, and it was a familiar contraction sensation but painless. Basically I start feeling tightening and a little breathless, and then I feel my stomach and its rock hard.

@amb0924 - The only time I've felt like I was in a fog was during an occular migraine and the fog was only one of the symptoms. I was reading a recipe in the kitchen and couldn't understand what a cup was and how much of each ingredient I needed. It was freaky but the doctors explained it away by saying it was just hormones 🤷 
    As for the sharp pains, maybe RLP?

@FyreFlyeRush - Your DS sounds so sweet!

@cats_in_a_window - I am constantly questioning my sanity, so I'll bet that's the first to give. Hope things slow down for you!
  • Options
    @marebear15 you would think that would be the logical solution to the problem. Butttt clearly the mom's in my life aren't the most logical people. 
  • Options
    @amb0924 at my 20 week scan the twins were one on top of each other, by 24 weeks they were side by side & last week baby boy who was twin a was no longer in the twin a position as theyve moved again. So it is completely normal for them to change position & get in awkward positions which can be so painful! Ive said to dh that baby girl is trying to kick her way out several times recently as she is breech & ive definitely had that sensation very low down too! Even as a stm, there are new sensations with this pregnancy & new anxieties. I know its hard not to but google is not your friend when it comes to this stuff!!
  • Options
    Finally sitting after a busy day so hopefully I can catch up! 

EDD/Weeks + days: 1/22 although it looks like it’ll be December. 26w+5d

Team Finding Out/Pink/Blue/Green: purple

Baby is the size of a(n): a 7/11 double gulp cup 

Upcoming appointments: mfm growth scan tomorrow 

How are you feeling? I think I have iron issues again. The shortness of breath has come back. It was so annoying last night I couldn’t get to sleep so it made for a great day today. I’m going to try increasing my dose to see if that helps. 

Raves/Rants: Today was the Monday-est of Monday’s. Everything that could have gone wrong, did. I ended up having to go to the post office twice because they took forever and I had to pick up ds while I was waiting the first time. We did get some stuff done in the nursery so that made things better. 

Questions: I don’t think so

GTKY: What is your favorite holiday dish to eat or make? Stuffing/dressing. I use my dads recipe and I love it so much. He puts apples and roasted chestnuts in it and it’s delicious. Also, sweet potato pie is the best. 
  • Options
    @kbrown2385 did your doctors give you a "babies will be here in December" guideline? We have basically the same original due date (mine is 1/23) but my doctors gave me a January 9th date as I would be 38 weeks. Honestly, my internal goal is to make it past Christmas when I'll be 36 weeks and hopefully the babies will be full term for twins. 
  • Options
    @mollysm ds felt one of the babies kick today and the look on his face was amazing when he realized what it was. 

@marebear15 can you come show me your magical ways of how you get your daughter to dress herself? Ds could careless about any of it.

@stashattack I hope once you have this baby your mil and mom will chill a little. It’s great that your big ticket items have been purchased! Just a heads up with having the car seat installed. If you get into an accident, depending on the manufacturer, you might have to replace the whole thing. I’d try to limit it before baby is born.

@amb0924 I’m sorry you’re dealing with anxiety! It’s so easy to get caught up in it all. Don’t hesitate to mention it to your dr. Pregnancy anxiety is a real
    thing and can be handled. Hope you get good results from your glucose test! 

@FyreFlyeRush I had to have a talk with ds about the lack of adult playtime and down right refusing me, which never happens normally. Hopefully you and your so can figure it out. 

@cats_in_a_window sorry you’re so stressed! 
  • Options
    @amb0924 at my last mfm appt I asked the dr when they’d want to take them by and she said 36-37 weeks because of the growth restriction and blood flow issues with baby girl. 36 weeks is Christmas Day 😬. 
  • Options
    @kbrown2385 sorry about your Monday! It sounds like a great start to the week. 

@stashattack congrats on all the big ticket items. We didn't figure anyone would buy us our stroller. We had expensive taste so we got that ourselves. We just shared our registry so nothing has come our way yet. I know people want to help out with some of the big ticket items. I'm just hoping they decide to figure it out on their own. I'm tired of coordinating people's gifts. I did decide to open a college savings plan because I needed a work appropriate gift if we have a work shower....which I am not sure is happening. Again I'm too tired to care anymore. Maybe it will happen after the baby is born which is fine too. Your mom will sort it out but ugggh that's frustrating. Can you tell I'm tired and just don't want to deal with people hah!

@marebear15 I think it's normal to feel weird about the weight. The scale definitely scares me even though I'm on track to be between 25 and 35 pounds but that feels like so much....Then I feel like I look like a whale at times. Then others I feel like I don't even look pregnant. DH saw me in profile putting on my PJs the other day and was like woah! I think he meant in a desirable way but surprise was not the look I was going for....not that it matters. I'm on pelvic rest anyways.

@peppyj9 your mashed potatoes sound so good! Also I am not sure about BH. I have heard they are different for different people. I know I had one during my 20 week scan because they could see it on the ultrasound but I didn't feel it. But then later I had radiating period type cramps from the back to the front but they weren't regular and I drank a bunch of water and put my feet up they went away. I've never felt the painless abdomen tightening. My belly feels pretty tight already so I don't know what it would feel like to be tighter....

@catsinawindow I think I have had those cervical kicks too. I have some really painful ones but couldn't tell if it was the bladder but maybe it was the cervix because it really hurt lol. Also the pumpkin pie you make sounds so interesting!

@MollySm That is so cool about the baby kicks. I share them with DH but haven't shared them with anyone else. I thought about letting my friend feel as she plans to get pregnant soon but thought it would be weird so I didn't lol

@amb0924 I have definitely had some sharp pains that I can't identify but I try not to worry if they aren't regular and if they get better when I change positions. I do think the baby can take on weird positions in there. With two I can't even imagine.

EDD/Weeks + days: 26 + 2 days/Jan 25th

Team Finding Out/Pink/Blue/Green: Green

Baby is the size of a(n): bunch of kale?

Upcoming appointments: Oct 29th placental ultrasound Nov 4th for all the 28 week tests

How are you feeling? okay. Lots of pelvic pain when I walk which is not nice. I've been trying to rest but it doesn't really seem to help. Kind of at a loss....Feels too early to be this uncomfortable.

Raves/Rants: I'm annoyed. I had a follow-up ultrasound for my thyroid since I have hashimotos diagnosed last year. So this is my first yearly check up. They found 3 large nodules that have to be biopsied. As if I need more appointments. I'm sure it's all fine. There isn't really much risk of there being a problem but my endocrinologist is 45 min away and I just don't want to have to deal with it on top of everything else. 

On the plus side, I got a research proposal draft done with my team so that's cool! Definitely feeling productive on that front. It's nice to see ideas turn into reality!

Questions: Who here thinks they will have December babies? I'm really hoping to make it to January but it does seem like a reality that many of us will be Dec moms lol.

GTKY: What is your favorite holiday dish to eat or make? I do love me some green jello salad. I only eat it at thanksgiving and Christmas but it is somewhat a guilty pleasure of mine. It's green jello and pineapple which a whipped cream/cream cheese topping. It's a weird midwest thing and I don't even live in the midwest. I still love it ;)
  • Options
    @biolprof, I keep dreaming I wake up Christmas morning and my water broke over night. I have a thing for holidays. DD is first day of Summer which is also Father's Day every so often, and DS1 birthday is Memorial Day every time it lands on a Monday. I figure this kid will be Christmas, New Years, Epiphany, or MLK Day.

Or, my blood pressure will skyrocket and he'll be Thanksgiving!
  • Options
    @kbrown2385, eh....I more or less told him I won't hold his lack of drive against him for NOW, but that he STILL has to make a ginormous effort to stroke my uber fragile ego, even when it seems to him like all he's doing is telling me I'm pretty, not fat, and sexy as hell. He's doing OK, but it usually only lasts for a few days then...back to apathy. 
  • Options
    @biolprof - I am more nervous about being a Feb Mama than a December one!  I am due the 23rd, and that was a late due date (we used LMP instead of the early ultrasound to put less pressure on me at the end), but all of my kids have been overdue - 5 days, then 6, then 7.  We'll see about this one. 
    BabyFruit Ticker

BFP 3.8.16  EDD 11.20.16

• Options
    @kbrown2385 - I've started to have shortness of breath lately too. I don't think they've checked my iron since about 12 weeks, but I just chalked it up to baby starting to press on my diaphragm. My uterus has been at the bottom of my sternum for 3 weeks now. 😬
    As for DD dressing herself, she's all about "my turn!" so usually I just lay out her clothes and go get ready while she decides if she needs my help or not. Most of the time she does need help with her shirt. This morning was annoying because she wanted my "help" but didn't want me to touch her. So I just stood there and watched her get dressed 🙄

@biolprof - I really hope I don't have a December baby. I will be barely 38 weeks then, and I would rather a full term baby. My last one went 41 weeks, so there's a distinct possibility of another overdue baby.
  • Options
    stashattackstashattack member
    edited October 2019
    @biolprof I am getting the same way about gifts. Like just work it out amongst yourselves or I will deal with it on my end. Quit trying to stress out the mama here. I didn't even think about setting up a college fund registry for the work shower they are having for me, but I kinda just plan on sending my kid to Temple for free (minus fees) anyway as long as I stay here. But they also haven't asked for my registry link yet nor have they told me dates yet except I know it could be nov 11th or the 18th. Though i'll be a happy camper if she just gets a bunch of Hooter (I get we are the owls but come on Temple, you could have named our mascot better) onsies. 

As for December babies, with our luck she'll either be right on time or late. I was born almost a day late and DH was due the 16th of January and didn't make his presence known until Jan 29th. Soooo Imma guess she's going to be a January baby for sure. I keep telling her, as much as we would love an early tax break, please just be born after the new year.

@kbrown2385 thanks for the heads up on the accident car seat thing. I'll probably still set it up so I don't have to also haul the box home with me but then take it out of the car until we get closer to Christmas.

Edit wasn't done
  • Options
    @biolprof I might be in the December mom camp! Honestly- my goal with these girls is to make it to 36 weeks as I've learned that's when they consider twins full term. For me- that's December 26th. My doctors are hoping closer to 38 weeks which is January 9th. I'll be VERY happy with sometime between there and them deciding to come naturally =) 
  • Options
    This kid's eviction notice almost put me Group 1! I'm still going to stay here since my EDD didn't change. :D
  • Options
    @stashattack yeah my university only has a 70% tuition discount so we'll need some. Plus if they decide to go to another public university in the state (they also get the discount) but will need living expenses so I figured it was better to set one up than not. I don't have to put a lot in but they will need something ;)
  • Options
    @biolprof true, we definitely need to look at saving at some point. Bah. 
  • Options
    @stashattack I figured installing it to get it home was the idea. I’d probably do the same to make room for everything else! 
  • Options
    @marebear15 I noticed last week my uterus is that high as well! I don’t ever remember it getting that high with ds. The ob I saw last week did a blood panel and my hemoglobin and hematocrit both came back low. I think that shows anemia, but I could be wrong. I’m still waiting to hear back from my dr on that. 
  • Options
    @kbrown2385 yup hemoglobin and hematocrit are your anemia indicators. If you aren't on iron you will be put on supplements. If you are already taking some they will probably up your dose. The good news is you likely will feel like you have more energy. But iron makes you more constipated....yay? 
  • Options
    @kbrown2385 - Well, you do have two in there ;) 
  • Options
    @kbrown2385 here with twins you automatically get put on iron tablets at 24weeks with twins. Ive been eating sugar free gummy bears to help with the constipation 😕
  • Options
    ugh. I don't know why my phone and computer both take out the line breaks. sorry y'all
  • Options
    @leprechaunlady I was taking a prenatal with iron from the beginning. I had terrible constipation issues in the beginning so got the go ahead to switch to one without to see if that helped. It did but then I started having shortness of breath, heart palpitations and I was exhausted so I added an otc iron tab to my rotation. Now I don’t think it’s enough since I’m starting to feel it all again. 

Also this article makes me laugh so hard. Thanks for the reminder.
    https://www.buzzfeednews.com/article/michaelrusch/haribo-gummy-bear-reviews-on-amazon-are-the-most-insane-thin

Andplusalso, what is the time difference there? Sometimes I wonder if you’re posting at like 3am 😅. 
  • Options
    kbrown2385kbrown2385 member
    edited October 2019
    @biolprof I’ve been taking an otc iron along with a stool softener and that has been balancing it out well enough. I guess I’ll be looking forward to an increase. 

@marebear15 idk if I’ve fully wrapped my head around it yet haha

Edit wasn’t finished