May 2020 Moms
Options

The Ultrasound Thread

Re: The Ultrasound Thread

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Went in for first ultrasound according to LMP I am supposed to be 8+1, Dr. had a hard time getting a clear picture and measure baby at 7+2. I’ve always measured accurately with LMP. I go in next week to radiology to get another US to clear up due date. Heartbeat was strong at 157. Got a little worried but Dr. didn’t seem concerned.
  • Options
    Yes, I'm going back for another appointment this Monday, October 21. Hopefully, everything is good at that time. Apparently, it's not common to listen to hear beats that early in pregnancy.... I have a feeling every technician is different 🤷🏻‍♀️ thank you for your replies! 
  • Options
    mokay19mokay19 member
    edited October 2019
    @drkoyya what else do they measure for the NT scan? The fluid is the main measurement that I knew about! 
  • Options
    @mokay19 That’s what I said, the fluid was the whole reason for the visit. She also looked at the limbs, circulation, heart beat, and head. She didn’t tell me exactly what those measurements should look like but she said they looked good.
    Me: 28  DH: 29
    FTM
    BFP 08/25/19, EDD 05/04/20
  • Options
    valkyrranvalkyrran member
    edited October 2019
  • Options
    m6aguam6agua member
    edited October 2019
    @valkyrran Hi and welcome! Please introduce yourself in the introduction thread and please join in the board to get to know us a bit more. As for guesses on the sex of your baby, those "just for fun" theories are generally frowned upon around here and we are not ultrasound techs or doctors. Also, neither of your ultrasound pictures are the correct angle to even see the genitals.
    TTC#1 July 2015 
    • BFP: 9/16/15 — MC: 11/8/15 Blighted Ovum
    • BFP: 3/10/16 — Baby Girl born 11/20/16
    TTC#2 April 2019 
    • BFP: 9/12/19 — EDD 5/15/20

• Options
    I watched it kick too!
  • Options
    @shamrocandroll Yay!! Baby looks great!! ❤
  • Options
    Did my second ultrasound today, I was told I have hemorrhage around the GS. Baby measured at exactly 8 weeks, however there is a risk of losing at any time 😔. Did anyone here had/ have the same issue? Is there any treatment or suggestions? 
    Thank you ! 
  • Options
    edited October 2019
    @manechka10 Was it a subchorionic hemorrhage?  You'll see a few people (myself included) refer to an SCH on here, and that is what they are referring to.  Did they happen to mention the size?  My OB told me more recent studies are showing no increased risk of MC from a small SCH.  Did they tell you you could lose it at any time or did you go home and Google it?  That seems like a harsh/alarmist thing to say to you.  Did you ask them about whether or not you should be on pelvic rest?  I would definitely call them and follow up with an OB who you trust.  They shouldn't just be telling you you have a hemorrhage and you could lose the baby and then give you no further advice or guidance from there.  Mine resolved itself, btw.

ETA: Would you mind moving your question to the questions thread?  Once again, we try not to bog down this thread with too much discussion, and it's reserved mostly for ultrasound photos.  I mentioned this last time you posted here asking for interpretation on your ultrasound (with no image).
    **TW**
    Me: 35 | H: 40
    Married Sept. 2013
    DS1: Nov 11, 2016 <3
    MMC: 11/16/18 (9w6d)
    CP: 2/3/19 (5w3d)
    BFP!  8/24/19
    DS2: May 10, 2020 <3

• Options
    @shamrocandroll, she said SHVis almost 50%. Which makes it a very high risk. Yes, ive been instructed to avoid physical activities and rest as much as possible.

As per moving the pair, can you guide me how to move it, I am very new to this.
    Thank you ! 
  • Options
    *lurking from april* 

@shamrocandroll yaaaay! I’m so excited for you! I bawled at my 12 week appointment when I heard the heartbeat! It’s so great to hit that threshold! Congratulations! 🌈
  • Options
    edited October 2019
    @manechka10 The best place to start is the thread titled Board Organization **Read this First** and then introduce yourself on the intro thread. They are both pinned at the top near the ultrasound thread. We try to reserve this thread as a place for active participants to post their ultrasound images. There are lots of check in threads and questions threads each week. We try to keep this a board where participants both give and receive support.

*ETA thread, not threat. 😂 
    **TW**
    Me: 35 | H: 40
    Married Sept. 2013
    DS1: Nov 11, 2016 <3
    MMC: 11/16/18 (9w6d)
    CP: 2/3/19 (5w3d)
    BFP!  8/24/19
    DS2: May 10, 2020 <3

• Options
    @laurasauruss the thumb sucking is so cute!
  • Options
    Good morning!

Has anyone had their NT US yet? I have mine in five days and I’m curious about a few things:
    -Will I get results immediately?
    -How long does it take?
    -Can they determine gender at that time (I’ll be 12w 6d)?

Thanks!
  • Options
    @lulam13 I can only answer 1 question: They can't determine sex from just an ultrasound at 12 weeks. They could from a genetic test. 
  • Options
    @lulam13 there's more talk of this in the genetic screenings thread, but I will answer your questions here quick, you will get results as soon as your OB reviews the US, generally the same appointment, the US is a bit more in depth as they are looking at a bunch of different things, maybe 20 minutes or so depending on the position of your baby and how easy it is to see everything, and it's too soon to see gender on US.
  • Options
    @lulam13 mine took about 45 minutes as baby was not in the right position. The tech had me drink some water, get up and walk around, etc until baby had shifted into the right spot to get the measurements.
    Me: 31 ~ DH: 34 
    FTM
    BFP: 9/5/19 ~ EDD 5/15/20