January 2020 Moms

Weekly Randoms 9/16-9/22

13ยป

Re: Weekly Randoms 9/16-9/22

• @kbrown2385 lol, not funny ๐Ÿ˜

I ended up choosing "First Star" from Sherwin Williams (how cute is the name for my firstborn?) And then we did "Granite Dust" from Valspar for the trim. Oddly enough, the "darker" trim is what I had envisioned in my mind for the walls, but doing the samples on the green walls really threw me off. Granite dust is one shade darker than "Notre Dame" (also Valspar) which is the 2nd shade sample in my first picture in the nursery thread and looked way darker! And now all over the walls without thre green background, "First Star" looks almost white it's so light, you can barely tell it's gray. I'm only slightly miffed though because overall, I love the way the room looks! ๐Ÿ˜ I'll post pics in the nursery thread
  • @peppyj9 - DH did the same thing with DD1's crib. He built it in the living room after I told him that it wouldn't fit through the doorway. Then after discovering I was correct, he decided to take off the door and "make it fit." He ended up scraping paint off both the crib and the doorway and then had to fix that by touch up painting both of them.ย ๐Ÿคฆ It was pretty funny in hindsight.
  • Loading the player...
  • @marebear15 oh goodness! My door was already off from painting and it still didn't fit so I'm stuck doing it the "right" way. Glad I'm not the only one that made that mistake though lol
  • @marebear15 please tell me you did the I told you so dance!!
    PG #1: 36w5d 12/25/19
    PG #2: EDD 8/15/23 Miscarried 9w1d 1/11/23
    PG #3: EDD 12/15/23
  • @stashattack - I did, and then DH made me leave the house while he was taking off the door and re-painting. But I could smell fresh paint, so I made him confess to what he didย ๐Ÿ˜‚