March 2020 Moms

August Symptoms

Re: August Symptoms

• @lulu780 welcome to the nausea club! Unfortunately, that sounds pretty normal. If you're concerned, definitely contact your doctor -- they may recommend something to combat the nausea.
  • @mrsc918 hahah I read your comment before I saw the tag and I was like “oh hey that’s from zenon are they talking about that movie?!” 😂
  • Loading the player...
  • I am so nauseous/yucky feeling in the morning leading into the afternoons and it’s killing me. Also can’t stare at screens for too long, which is unfortunate given that I work on a computer. Going to try the sea bands and get some sour candy today. Blerghhhhh!!
  • @lulu780 Oh yes. If you are "only" (not to minimize it) throwing up 1-2 times a day (that's where I am), but you can keep fluids down the rest of the day, I wouldn't worry yet. Hydration is the biggest issue. But I know how miserable it can be, and I hope it passes for you quickly. Week 8 was rough for me, but I'm just at week 9 and feeling a "tad" more functional throughout the day, and only throwing up once a day yesterday. 
    *TW*

DD1 EDD 9/29/2015, Born 9/24/2015

DS1 EDD 1/3/2018, Born 12/26/2017

BFP #3 3/21/2019, EDD 11/29/2019, MMC/D&C 5/7/2019

BFP #4 6/28/2019, EDD 3/12/2020 

• @miss.sally I had the night sweats really early on - like 4ish weeks. Haven't had them since, though, and I'm hoping they stay away. Post partum night sweats were UNREAL for me. 

*Formerly LuND*
    Me: 35 | DH: 37
    TTC: 7/2016
    Low AMH, mild MFI
    BFP 7/29/17
    EDD: 4/5/18
    <3  DS born 4/4/18  <3
    BFP #2 7/2/19
    EDD 3/13/20

• @stassischroeder omg I had forgotten about the PP night sweats. Ugh. Something to look forward to.  :(
  • @miss.sally it's a miracle DS was willing to nurse as a newborn because I'm sure my nips always tasted salty  :D I guess the one upside to PP night sweats is weight loss. I legit lost 40+ lbs in less than a week - but I'd been retaining water like a mofo and then had ZERO appetite because of PPD/PPA. 

*Formerly LuND*
    Low AMH, mild MFI
    BFP 7/29/17
    <3  DS born 4/4/18  <3
    BFP #2 7/2/19
    EDD 3/13/20

• @heyahelmett @EmilyLove25 Okay, glad I'm not the only one.  I am just miserable waking up sick and going to sleep sick.  How do we not get a free pass to stay home during these times?? It's crazy!!  With my 1st baby I had morning sickness but nothing close to this.  I have felt better when I had the flu... at least you get some relief after throwing up.  
  • @lulu780 I have not been vomiting (but I haven't thrown up since I was 12) but I've been pretty on & not-as-on nauseated all day long for like a week now--I'm 7+5 today. I have been taking a B6 vitamin and sipping ginger ale and making sure I eat small meals like every 2 hours, but the nausea still comes in waves and it's been really hard to eat sometimes. Like right now I feel like garbage, but just like mediocre garbage. Last night I made the mistake of trying to go to a restaurant for a friend's birthday & I felt like 100% trash the whole time from all the smells & could barely eat anything. DH keeps asking if I can take something else for it, so when I go in next Wed. for my appointment I'll see what they say. 
  • @Semuelle77 & @varimama - I'm reading the first "Call the Midwife" book now, and then I plan to rewatch the seasons. I feel more connected to the main character now that I'm reading it vs. watching.

@kagesstarshroom - That's where I was, small meals to curb nausea. I got sick a few times, once almost immediately after I woke up, and again because I didn't after work. Honestly, uncrustable sandwiches have really been so helpful for me. Hopefully it gets better, and if not, they offer you great options next week.
    BFP: 7/8/19
    EDD: 3/19/20

• Now at 10+2 and haven’t had any significant nausea yet... maybe it’s skipping me? Or maybe it’s playing a mean trick and will come for me later lol. Hoping you all find relief very soon!!

Heard the baby’s heartbeat on Tuesday, strong 180 (is that too high??). I kept telling my OB how crazy it is that I feel relatively normal at 10 weeks. Sore boobs have subsided but they are still larger, food aversions are almost gone. She says I’m in a weird stage in my pregnancy. I just can’t wait to feel this baby and watch my belly grow! Then maybe I won’t feel so crazy.
  • @kagesstarshroom - I have been doing the B6 & Unisom, crackers, ginger ale, chewing gum, jolly ranchers, etc and nothing is helping.  My doctors appointment isn't for another 2 weeks so I'm just trying to make it until then.  Not sure if they will even be able to do anything for me anyway.  Hopefully you will get some answers or solutions from your upcoming doctor appointment!
  • @slimjoco 180 is a beautiful number and not too high. DD was 178 at 7 weeks. I was like, "what the hell???" Haha. 

*TW*

DD1 EDD 9/29/2015, Born 9/24/2015

DS1 EDD 1/3/2018, Born 12/26/2017

BFP #3 3/21/2019, EDD 11/29/2019, MMC/D&C 5/7/2019

BFP #4 6/28/2019, EDD 3/12/2020 

• Well ya’ll! Had a little freak out last night. Finally did some blood work (I’m at 7w3d) and my white blood count came back as 11.1! I’ve never had a wbc that high, does anyone know if that’s normal? 

ALSO I noticed a swollen lymph node or something down there, on the left side above my pelvic bone type area. No pain, just swollen. But very scared of what it could be. Anyone experience anything like that?

My symptoms have also seemed to get better this week...less nauseous, no more lower abdominal cramping or back pain...so I’m in panic mode. Heh. My appt is on Monday and seriously can’t come soon enough. 
  • mrsc918 said:
    Well ya’ll! Had a little freak out last night. Finally did some blood work (I’m at 7w3d) and my white blood count came back as 11.1! I’ve never had a wbc that high, does anyone know if that’s normal? 

ALSO I noticed a swollen lymph node or something down there, on the left side above my pelvic bone type area. No pain, just swollen. But very scared of what it could be. Anyone experience anything like that?

Girl, I'd definitely ask your doctor about these things. It may be nothing, but we certainly can't tell you if it's normal or not. I'm assuming your doc ordered the blood work to begin with?

*Formerly LuND*
    Low AMH, mild MFI
    BFP 7/29/17
    <3  DS born 4/4/18  <3
    BFP #2 7/2/19
    EDD 3/13/20

• @stassischroeder Yeah just the routine first run of bloodwork. I did read that wbc runs higher during pregnancy bc the body reacts to pregnancy like it’s an infection. But just wanted to see if anyone has experienced something similar 
  • @mrsc918 my WBC was 11.0, which was flagged as high. My midwife didn't even mention it, I just saw it on the report. I have hypothyroid, so I am attributing it to either being pregnant or my thyroid. I figure my midwife would say something if she were concerned. I also had high WBC during my first pregnancy.  
  • @slimjoco no worries about light or less symptoms. I’m 8+1 and really just started to have slight nausea (which is probably just from all the candy I have been eating). Other than my boobs going up a whole cup size and wanting all the snacks I have zero pregnancy symptoms. Some people’s bodies just handle it better than others. My first pregnancy this fact freaked me out until I felt my DD move at 22 weeks. This time I’m just considering myself lucky and anxiously waiting my ultrasound appointment on Monday. 
    Pregnancy Ticker

• @slimjoco I'm only around 8 weeks, but I haven't had very much nausea (definitely no throwing up) and I've been having anxiety because of it.  I kept reading that morning sickness is a sign of a strong pregnancy, so my lack of it has been off-putting.  But everyone says that each pregnancy is different -- some people are lucky and don't get sick at all while others are virtually glued to the toilet.  I'm really trying my best to not let it freak me out too much, but I think I'll feel better after my first US on August 14th.  I've definitely got the sore boobs, constipation, mood swings, oily skin, and food aversions/cravings, but it still just doesn't feel *real* yet.  

P.S. 180 is an amazing heart rate!  
  • I can’t wait to want to eat food again/not be so picky! m
  • 6W 5 days today, had an epic migraine yesterday + nausea started to ramp up. Starting to have aversions to protein (same as my last pregnancies) + going to the bathroom too much!
  • @slimjoco When I had my first ultrasound with my DD her heart rate was 185. The dr was surprised, but pleased. No worries!

I have been waking up shaky from hunger and dehydration, despite eating and drinking right before going to bed. I actually had to have my husband take our daughter to camp this morning as I was too shaky and nauseous to drive. I’m getting worried about when school starts in a couple weeks. It would be one thing if it just meant my girl would be late for school (Kindergarten), but worse when a teacher isn’t late! I may need to spill the beans to my admin sooner than I want to.
  • @asherleeann Awwww!!  I definitely can relate!  I get so grumpy sometimes that when my dog will come over and give me kisses or a hug, I'll tell her to stop but then immediately apologize to her and start petting her and telling her how much I love her, lol.  Hormones are ridiculous.

@Semuelle77 I think I'm going to have to tell my work that I'm KU sooner than I wanted to, as well.  It's not ideal, but I'd rather them know and be understanding to my needs versus trying to hide it.
  • @Malidocious @Semuelle77 I totally relate! I’ve been telling my clients I have a stomach virus all week, but if it keeps up I’m afraid I’m going to have to come clean way earlier than I wanted (I was hoping to wait until December lol). 

I read after you hear the heartbeat at 6 weeks the miscarriage rate goes down to 4%, and then after 8 weeks with a HB down to 1.5%. Anyone else hear this? That would make me feel better if I do end up having to share with my clients before the second tri.
  • Sorry if this is TMI but my hemorrhoids are acting up again already. They never really went away but they usually didn’t bother me unless I had a flare up. The joys of motherhood they don’t tell you about 🙄 
    Me: 33 | DH: 34
    Married: October, 19, 2015
    EDD 2/22/17 <3 DS1 born on 3/2/17
    EDD 3/8/20 <3 DS2 born on 3/10/20
    EDD 11/24/23
    (Formerly Marriedhamstermom Feb ‘17)

• @akak23 here’s the article I keep returning back to re: miscarriage and confirmed HBs: 

https://expectingscience.com/2015/08/26/lies-damned-lies-and-miscarriage-statistics/
  • Thanks @pdx2020 - very informative article!
  • @EmilyLove25 🙋🏼‍♀️🙋🏼‍♀️🙋🏼‍♀️ Every night it’s like wheel of fortune....is it heartburn, am I hot, do I have to pee, or just general anxiety/restlessness....? Last night I gave up and just binged several hours of Friends on the couch. 
  • Does your nausea get worse if you over do it? I’ve been really busy today, and outside more than normal and ...woof... I can’t shake the nausea now. 

Me: 31 | DH: 33

DS1: 12.23.13 | DS2: 05.06.16

BFP: 06.30.19 | EDD: 3.9.20

**TW**
    TTC3: 11.18
    BFP: 02.05.19
    CP: 03.07.19
    *really traumatic recovery*

• @Semuelle77 that's how I'm feeling every day. :( I can't do anything lately and having a hard time working. It is rough! I can't seem to keep that horrible feeling away and I don't eat enough which also makes me nauseous. 
  • @EmilyLove25 ! For me it’s either BM and cramps, has, heartburn, or anxiety! I have always peed in the middle of the night so that’s the norm for me tho now sometimes it’s twice lol 
  • @Hmjensen me too! I usually eat insanely healthy and all I want are junk and carbs!! I’ve already gained 10 lbs  at 7 weeks (I gain weight super fast) I’m sure a lot of it is bloat but I’m trying to just relax and remind myself this will subside. Doesn’t help DH and I are living with my parents while we have renos done. I need my own routine so bad!

i too don’t have nay morning sickness, just feel nauseous but that has subsided a bit this week. Mainly I’m exhausted and want carbs like crazy!!
  • @dunder_mifflin I too usually eat super healthy, but haven't been eating so healthy recently. My cravings are all for fruit though, so at least when I snack it's usually on something good.

I am 8w0d today & have had intense nausea for the past week--so much so that even though I haven't vomited, the Dr. prescribed bonejesta. I took the first one last night and -- I still feel pretty terrible this morning. I am easily super dried out by an antihistimine =/ but I drank from the water cup by my bedside table throughout the night--I woke up like every hour. I'm eating now, which usually helps, but I'm still not feeling great. So I wonder how awful I would feel had I NOT started the meds last night, ugh. I am hoping this week is the height of it bc I just want to function again. I can't be on my computer or phone for that long bc they make me feel seasick (sorry for posting the product spotlight a day late!)
  • @RanFan28 that’s me today. I got up and went to the gym. That was a mistake. I got through about half of a weight training workout and I was so light-headed and nauseous I had to quit (had to sit in my car a few minutes before I felt well enough to drive). 

It’s 4 hours later and I still feel like garbage. Ate lunch and going to try to nap it off now. I’m bummed because the last few days have gone really well and I was feeling less nauseous, but today is a banner day for nausea.
  • @kagesstarshroom @dunder_mifflin I’m so glad to hear y’all are eating lots of carbs too! I normally eat really clean and all I’ve had for the past week is bread and crackers and pasta - anything that I feel like will stop the nausea. I mentally want a salad but physically can’t imagine doing it. Ready to eat better again! 

Im also waking up with bad headaches now, anyone else? I’m wondering if I’m getting dehydrated during the night. 
  • @akak23 I’ve had pretty consistent headaches. My doctor said it’s probably a combo of hormones and not getting enough fluids. 

But...if your headaches are super painful, like worst in your life, can’t function, make sure you talk to your doctor, because your risk of
    blood clot is higher when pregnant. 

Me: 31 | DH: 33

DS1: 12.23.13 | DS2: 05.06.16

BFP: 06.30.19 | EDD: 3.9.20

**TW**
    TTC3: 11.18
    BFP: 02.05.19
    CP: 03.07.19
    *really traumatic recovery*