March 2020 Moms

August Symptoms

Re: August Symptoms

• Loading the player...
  • @babyfox320. Same. I’m contemplating my 2nd nap for the day, and the only thing I did today was go to the grocery store 🤦‍♀️
  • @kagesstarshroom glad you're feeling better! I have been dealing with nausea since 6w and am now 8w1d & hoping it subsides soon. This gives me hope! 
    Me: 37 | H: 44
    **TW**
    TTC #1: May 2015
    IF DX January 2016- Me: Right sided hydrosalpinx 
    Right tube removed: February 2016
    Acupuncture + TCM: March 2016
    BFP: July 4, 2016 | DS: March 2017 (39w 2d)
    TTC #2: April 2019
    BFP #2: April 2019 | CP: April 30, 2019 (4w 2d)
    BFP #3: July 15, 2019
    EDD: March 23, 2020

• @puppylove8910 Meanwhile, I recommend 4am Cheerios.
  • My biggest issue is that I have no appetite at all. I dont feel like eating anything but my nausea gets really bad if I don't so I force myself. It's the worst 😔 I'm 11 weeks so I'm hoping things will calm down soon. 
  • Same @sanabananababyyy. I’m trying to enjoy this pregnancy but it’s kind of hard so I’m hoping relief comes soon in the 2nd trimester. 
    Me: 33 | DH: 34
    Married: October, 19, 2015
    EDD 2/22/17 <3 DS1 born on 3/2/17
    EDD 3/8/20 <3 DS2 born on 3/10/20
    EDD 11/24/23
    (Formerly Marriedhamstermom Feb ‘17)

• Is anyone else having a really hard time getting comfortable when you lay down? I'm not quite 10 weeks yet and usually this wasn't an issue till the end of 2nd trimester or so. But I cannot for the life of me get comfortable in bed. :( And I have to spend a lot of time there because I'm sooo miserable all the time! 
  • livviep220livviep220 member
    edited August 2019
    The nausea is here in a big way, omg! It’s like a permanent hangover all day every day. I’m 8w1d. That plus the fatigue is making me totally useless. At 6 weeks I was so desperate to feel sick just so I felt pregnant...I take it back! All I want are salty and fatty foods: pizza, cheese and crackers, chicken in any sort of sauce. My plans for eating super healthy are on hold for the moment. My appetite is very suppressed so just eating whatever sounds palatable. Glad to hear it’s subsiding for those of you a little further along. 
  • I’m also loving bagels and cream cheese! Basically all I’m consuming is carbs 😬. I’m 8w4d and today is the first day I’ve actually felt like I had some energy back. I was able to clean the house (somewhat) have more patience with the kiddos and keep my eyes peeled open past 9 pm. I’m not expecting to get lucky again tomorrow but it’s helping me see the light at the end of the tunnel!
  • @kagesstarshroom Glad you're feeling better! I woke up overnight thinking about honey nut cheerios, and officially added them to my grocery list.
    @projectalice I'm also super uncomfortable. I'm constantly tossing and turning and waking up trying to get comfy. It may already be time for me to dig out my snoogle pillow. 
    Me: 33 DH: 33
    Married: 10.15.16
    BFP: 12.24.16
    DS BD: 8.20.17
    TTC #2 1.1.19
    BFP #2 7.3.19
    EDD #2 3.13.20
  • @projectalice I'm not there (yet) but with DS, this started early, and I ended up spending most nights on the couch because I found it more comfortable! 
    *TW*

DD1 EDD 9/29/2015, Born 9/24/2015

DS1 EDD 1/3/2018, Born 12/26/2017

BFP #3 3/21/2019, EDD 11/29/2019, MMC/D&C 5/7/2019

BFP #4 6/28/2019, EDD 3/12/2020 

• Yesterday was rough.  After not feeling very much MS, I felt completely off yesterday.  Exhausted and on the couch on and off throughout the day, and then cooking chicken in the instant pot started making me gag.  Thankfully, DH finished shredding the chicken for me, because I couldn't even stand to be in the kitchen.  I lit a candle in there and then went to another room.  Ended up eating some quick pickles (cucumbers in balsamic, yum) and chocolate chip eggo waffles with peanut butter for dinner.  

• Anyone else breaking out like crazy? My face isn't too bad, but my jawline, neck, chest, shoulders, and upper back are HORRIBLE. 

*Formerly LuND*
    Me: 35 | DH: 37
    TTC: 7/2016
    Low AMH, mild MFI
    BFP 7/29/17
    EDD: 4/5/18
    <3  DS born 4/4/18  <3
    BFP #2 7/2/19
    EDD 3/13/20

• @stassischroeder Not like crazy, but definitely have some surprise acne here and there!

@MrsVP614 I'm usually not a big cereal person, but HNC have been a lifesaver to me! Hope you got some in the house!

@mommytimesfour I was thinking about bagels & cream cheese earlier this morning, but I basically live in a Bagel Desert. Wahh.
  • It’s 92 degrees today and humid AF, and my first day without Unisom, DD is going to be watching a lot of television today because I do not think i have it in me to get to the lake AKA the only bearable place to be outside.
    Me (31) & DH (32)
    Married 9/27/2014
    DD Born 6/23/16
    Baby #2 Due 3/7/20
  • 10w+6d and I have felt worse the past 2 days than I have the entire pregnancy so far. I woke up with sinus issues yesterday, took a Benadryl, and felt totally out of it all day. Today, I’m still dealing with the sinus struggle a bit, but I’ve been so nauseous. Hoping it’s short lived! 
    TTC #2 1.1.19
    BFP #2 7.3.19
    EDD #2 3.13.20
  • I was feeling nauseous before during the first trimester, but MS has hit like a ton of bricks today as I’m settling back to work from vacation. I can’t barely get through the work day! Anyone else experience an increase at 8 weeks? I’m 8w5d today and it’s a struggle to stay awake and not vomit anywhere!!! I broke down and told my colleague that I was pregnant in confidence and she has been checking on me which is lovely. She is a bit worried though, she said I look pale and a bit sickly which is 💯 true. 

In in other news I’m wearing my ripped stretchy jeans to work because my work pants don’t fit anymore 😭 I feel like Michael Scott in his Levi’s though lolol

• @MrsVP614 Oh man, me too!  I am 10w+3d and my sinuses are OUT OF CONTROL.  I tried taking allergy medicine but it doesn't even begin to help. 

@dunder_mifflin LOL I love Michael Scott so much and just thinking about that episode made me laugh audibly at work.   :D  I can only fit into skirts and stretchy dresses right now... almost all of my pants are too tight around the waist.  :( 
  • 10 weeks today and feel like I'm already showing...maybe that's a thing with STM? My clothes just feel so much tighter :neutral:
    Me: 34, DH: 33 // Met: 10.21.2007 // Married: 9.18.2015
    BFP: 4.29.2016 // EDD: 1.2.2017 (IT'S A BOY!) Born 12/26/16
    BFP: 2.10.19 // and MC on 3.19.19
    BFP: 7.9.19 // EDD 3.16.20

• @AmyKDuffy my friend takes weekly bump photos. She is pregnant with her 4th child and was legit showing at 8.5 weeks. She is super slender and I guess her body knows what to do by the fourth time around. 
    Me: 32 | DH: 35
    Married: 8/22/15
    BFP #1: 8/22/17 | DS: 4/20/18 
    BFP #2: 7/14/19 | EDD: 3/18/20
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
    Babysizer Geeky Pregnancy  Baby Tracker

• Sending love to all of you who are feeling so gross! I can't believe 2nd trimester is just around the corner. Hopefully it will bring everyone relief.

@AmyKDuffy, I've already broken out my maternity pants. Everything else is so tight and they're so comfy! I compared pictures and I look like I did at 4 months with my 1st. It's going to be impossible to hide for much longer! 
  • @AmyKDuffy yup, showing earlier is definitely a thing for STMs+ 

@dunder_mifflin your HCG levels peak at weeks 9-10, so a lot of women notice increasing symptoms until they're passed that point. But, everyone is different!

*Formerly LuND*
    Me: 35 | DH: 37
    TTC: 7/2016
    Low AMH, mild MFI
    BFP 7/29/17
    EDD: 4/5/18
    <3  DS born 4/4/18  <3
    BFP #2 7/2/19
    EDD 3/13/20

• Holy moly! I woke up with lower back pain and cramps this morning (haven’t had any so far) on top of the usual MS. It took me 2 hours to finally drag myself into work, but I did it and I feel like it’s subsided a bit. I’m 8 weeks 3 days, anyone else having those growing pains?
  • @stassischroeder yeah that is what I read since it freaked me out since some said MS peaked for them at week 7. I almost called in sick today, this was the worst morning I think I’ve every had. I was dry heaving like mad - but I went to work and by 10am it was back to baseline steady-but-bearable-nausea so I just stuck around. I haven’t been as productive at work which makes me feel like I’m letting my patients and team down a bit. Anyone else feel like that?
  • I still feel so pukey all the time. I think in previous pregnancies it had subsided by now but I can’t seem to shake it. I’m so tired of it. And also being so freaking exhausted and out of breath always. I miss working out. And also being able to go up a flight of stairs without huffing and puffing. 
  • My sinus issues have improved, but my throat is still swollen. I've also had lots of tummy troubles the past few days, especially yesterday. 
    I need a good night's sleep, but I just keep tossing and turning, and coughing with my dry throat.
    TTC #2 1.1.19
    BFP #2 7.3.19
    EDD #2 3.13.20
  • @miss.sally the huffing and puffing over here is driving me crazy! I legit can’t have an animated conversation without being out of breath. So bizarre!

I also shaved my legs yesterday and nicked myself at least 3 times and was a bloody mess. Anyone else’s body hair growing at an alarming rate? Makes me VERY excited for cooler weather and leggings season, lol. 
  • @AmyKDuffy @stassischroeder Yes to showing earlier! I am the same weight I was when I found out I was pregnant, I am not a small person and don’t usually show early, but third time around and I have definitely popped. Weird how things shift/bloat. Gimme all the comfy clothes!

And also yes to super intense round ligament type pains. I actually ordered some support underwear and a support band because I carry my weight, and my babies, very low and I think some extra support is warranted third time around. I’ll let you know if they’re any good!   
  • @momoftoddlers definitely let us know about the support bands! I want to get one this time. I needed one with DS and didn’t get one so I want to find something early. 
  • The nausea is at it's all time worse this week. My OB gave me some Bonjesta and I finally gave in and took one before bed and I woke up so drowsy. I don't know how I am going to function at work today. Anyone familiar with this medication? I was recently reading about these nausea wristbands and was thinking of trying them out. Anyone heard of these? 
  • Ugh, I get the shortness of breath thing too!  All the time!  Walking to my car after work, going up a flight of stairs, etc.  It's annoying.  I don't think I'm showing quite yet, but I've definitely gained noticeable weight and I am hating the way I look.  I'm too exhausted to work out, but I sure do miss it (and the way it made me feel).  Hoping 2nd trimester brings some relief and an energy boost.  I'm definitely going to have to invest in some maternity clothes soon... but I'm not even sure where to start with those. 
  • @Malidocious last time I bought some staples (like black leggings and basic long sleeves and a winter coat) and then used a rental subscription service for maternity wear.

I loved it. However, they changed their policies. It used to be you could get 3-4 “totes” of 3-4 clothing items per month. Now it’s just one tote of 3-4 clothing items for the same price per month. I’m annoyed about this but I liked it so much last time, I think I’m going to do it anyway again this time and see how it goes. 

If you wanna try it and get a free tote, this is my referral link: https://letote.com/freetote/KELLY5150

But they will charge you after 2 weeks if you don’t send the tote back and cancel your subscription, so just make sure you do that if you decide not to use the service. 

You can also keep the items for a discounted price if you really like them. I usually just returned them to get my new box the following week (and bc I am cheap ha). 

• @silverhope I think I may try that subscription service. Since this is my last pregnancy, I don't want to buy much!
  • @silverhope Oooh thank you for the link!!  I'll definitely check this place out!!  How exciting!  :)  This is actually a great start for me.
  • @jenEP I loved it last time! I’m just bummed you get fewer totes per month this time. But I got the cutest things. The stylist picks for you, but you can edit your box before it sends so I always got clothes I wanted. Was good for having cute clothes for our babymoon too!

• @stacey6689I'm on Bonjesta! I still don't feel great, so basically I can't imagine how I'd feel off it. I only take it at bedtime though bc I can't imagine being any MORE fatigued than I already am.

@Malidocious +1 for out of breath! I'm sure the "94-feels-like-105" temps aren't helping--but walking the .5 mile from my car to my building & back = verrryy out of breath. I'm also having trouble knowing what to wear. The semester starts Monday, so I have to figure it out soon. I don't care that I look like I gained a few pounds-- I did!! I just do NOT want ppl asking if I'm KU until we are ready to share.

• @silverhope I signed up for my free tote with your link! :)  Thank you!  I'll let you know what I think when the first tote gets to me.  

@kagesstarshroom Ugh, the heat is brutal here too.  It's so humid, and that is really messing with my breathing.  I already have had asthma my entire life so being outside for extended periods of time in extreme heat or cold messes with my breathing, so this is just icing on the cake, lol.  Even just walking up and down the stairs more than once has me short of breath, though.  Oh, and I'm just cycling through the same 5 outfits, basically.  I am so excited to get some maternity clothes going.  I don't feel like I'm showing, necessarily, but I have absolutely gotten bigger and my pants are TIGHT.
  • @Malidocious ah yay! I hope you get a tote you love and like the service. One thing to note is I know my friend tried it and they sent her a regular tote instead of a maternity one, so she just had to call them and they sent her a new tote with maternity styles. Hopefully they send you the right one!